Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? (3575 Views)

Couple Get Married Two Months After Meeting Each Other. See Photos / I Just Realized That My Girlfriend Is Married With 2 Kids. / Am Almost 34, Not Yet Married With A Job Of 45k After Tithing And Feel Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
So I went to see an old friend today that I hadn't seen in like 20 years or so. We attended the same primary school. He is married with kids now, and has a great job. So, we got talking and then he asked if I was married, and when I said no, he was shocked. I told him money was an issue, and he told me that at the time he married his wife 4 years ago, he was only earning 18k. My jaws dropped to the ground. How is it possible to marry with an income of 18k a month in this Lagos?

My friend went on to tell me he knew he was taking a risk at the time, but immediately after the wedding, things turned around for him. He got his current job, and his financial status changed almost overnight.

So, guys, I ask this question- can you marry with a salary of 18k? And girls, can you marry a guy who earns 18k?
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
How much was Adam earning when God gave him a wife? No amount is too small to get married on. Just pray for a loving and caring wife with God all things are possible.

10 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Topestbilly(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
How much was Adam earning when God gave him a wife? No amount is too small to get married on. Just pray for a loving and caring wife with God all things are possible.

Your type is the type of woman I pray for, if all u'v said is not on theory alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by MzPecs(f): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2016
He that finds a wife obtains favour from God buh some wives are disappointment in disguise! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They'll so frustrate your life because of that 18k salary. Your friend is just lucky to have a virtuous woman as a wife.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Ahzyz(m): 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
true talk

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by octopusfreaky(f): 8:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
I wouldnt lie ooo,18k with ds economic crisis in Nigeria is small oooo..What's the difference between your salary and a youth corpers allowi.. Work harder and save more before you marry.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
highly unadviceable.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Touchey: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
Of course you can get married, but I think it unwise
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by dollyjoy(f): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
It depend on if i am working and the amount i earn monthly and that must be on the condition that we wouldnt procreate until our standard of living is upgraded in the absence of that I seriously cant pls!!

Btw any lady that says yes is a big liar!!

4 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2016
tongue

Topestbilly:

Your type is the type of woman I pray for, if all u'v said is not on theory alone.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by cruzita(f): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2016
not in this present time .but some women dey carry luck give their husband after marriage because a good woman is the crown of her husband

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:

Okay. Thanks for this comment.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
octopusfreaky:
I wouldnt lie ooo,18k with ds economic crisis in Nigeria is small oooo..What's the difference between your salary and a youth corpers allowi.. Work harder and save more before you marry.

I didn't say that was how much I earn. I said that was how much my friend said he was earning when he married his wife, and they have been married for 4 years now. I just wanted to get people's opinion on it, cos I plan to marry soon too.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
dollyjoy:
It depend on if i am working and the amount i earn monthly and that must be on the condition that we wouldnt procreate until our standard of living is upgraded in the absence of that I seriously cant pls!!

Btw any lady that says yes is a big liar!!

Thanks for your honesty.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by peacengine(m): 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:

You don forget say Adam dey live for Garden abi? Anyway, nice one, we still have some good gals around.

OP, if your wife born how will you pay the hospital bill?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by ireneony(f): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
As the first born and also the first daughter of my family, I dare not risk it.
Well, I no longer live in Nigeria...Good for me! cheesy
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
With 18k I will help manage the home by taking drastic measures such as the following

1. No Internet Data
2. No DSTV
3. No weave-on
4. No make-ups
5. No spending on friviolities
6. Look for the cheapest market and buy food stuff en bulk
7. Setup a backyard garden to cater for some food stuff needs.
8. Get involved in church activities
9. Thrown shame away to the bin and embrace free distributions from churches and NGOs

I swear from the 18k and all the above, I will save at least 1k or more per month.

What takes most of our income is largely because we spend more on friviolities than essentials. Our parents were not millionaires when they got married naa grin

5 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by utenwuson: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
depends on ur location! if u reside in ur local govt where u don pay house rent or other stuff why not? in my town I see people who don't earn close 2dt amount n stil get married wt kids n living HAPPY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:
With 18k I will help manage the home by taking drastic measures such as the following

1. No Internet Data
2. No DSTV
3. No weave-on
4. No make-ups
5. No spending on friviolities
6. Look for the cheapest market and buy food stuff en bulk
7. Setup a backyard garden to cater for some food stuff needs.
8. Get involved in church activities
9. Thrown shame away to the bin and embrace free distributions from churches and NGOs

I swear from the 18k and all the above, I will save at least 1k or more per month.

What takes most of our income is largely because we spend more on friviolities than essentials. Our parents were not millionaires when they got married naa grin

Hmm! You make a lot of sense. But how many women of these days will want to live like this? I went for a relatives Introduction earlier this month, and the amount that was spent for the occasion shocked me. And this was just introduction o! Not engagement or wedding.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Smartguy001(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Topestbilly:

Lolz grin dat babe sha

Abeg make dat babe PM me na she I dey fond sinx...although I get box sha
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kay29000(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Godmother, what do you have to say?
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by firstking01(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op, as our faces are different, so our route of success in life...you never knew what he saw or went through when he was under that 18k salary, i bet he has graduated then??, and was hardworking too?...i guess the hardworking aspect was what the lady saw and sticked to him...now, this is a lesson for all the ladies, esp one above me that moved notion for the adjournment of this situation @hand...ladies always try to look beyond the now, esp if he's got vissions.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Smartguy001(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
bigtt76:

I don talk am say I go see my wife for nairaland, babe PM me nah nah abeg...although I get money sha
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by firstking01(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op, as our faces are different, so our route of success in life...you never knew what he saw or went through when he was under that 18k salary, i guess he has graduated then??, and was hardworking too?...i guess the hardworking aspect was what the lady saw and sticked to him...now, this is a lesson to all the ladies, esp one the above me that moved notion for the adjournment of this situation @hand...ladies always try to look beyond the now, esp if he's got vissions.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by kalu01(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
depends your location.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by firstking01(m): 9:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op, as our faces are different, so our route of success in life...you never knew what he saw or went through when he was under that 18k salary, i bet he has graduated then??, and was hardworking too?...i guess the hardworking aspect was what the lady saw and sticked to him...now, this is a lesson to all the ladies, esp one above me that moved notion for the adjournment of this situation @hand...ladies always try to look beyond the now, esp if he's got vissions....
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by firstking01(m): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op, as our faces are different, so our route of success in life...you never knew what he saw or went through when he was under that 18k salary, i bet he has graduated then??, and was hardworking too?...i guess the hardworking aspect was what the lady saw and sticked to him...now, this is a lesson to all the ladies, esp one above me that moved notion for the adjournment of this situation @hand...ladies always try to look beyond the now, esp if he's got dreams....
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Marxxx: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
[/font]
bigtt76:
I wanted to comment, but when I saw ur dp I said to myself...Surely you didn't type this with ur clear eyes....[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
That is usually the problem.... wedding ceremonies takes most of the financial resources of the couple. Cut that out I tell you most couples wld survive even on less.

Marriage shouldn't be seen as a fund raising ceremony or competition amongst friends on whose was well attended or most beautiful or regal. It should be more of loving each other.

Someone asked about paying hospital bills for giving birth, Trust me it would sort itself out when it's time. Be not afraid.

kay29000:

Hmm! You make a lot of sense. But how many women of these days will want to live like this? I went for a relatives Introduction earlier this month, and the amount that was spent for the occasion shocked me. And this was just introduction o! Not engagement or wedding.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
I still can't believe this.
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by dollyjoy(f): 9:12pm On Jan 29, 2016
PrimeMinisterr:
I still can't believe this.
what exactly?
Re: Can You Get Married With A Salary Of 18k? by bigtt76(f): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hahaha go sidon jaaaare! Money nor bi everything dear... what is in your heart is worth more than the monies in the whole wide world if it is genuine.

Smartguy001:

I don talk am say I go see my wife for nairaland, babe PM me nah nah abeg...although I get money sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Finished Having Sex (pics 18+) / Wedding Night Brouhaha And Sexcapades / True Confession: Help! I’m Tired Of Sleeping With My Step-brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.