Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (41937 Views)

Soldiers Demolish Old Barracks In Suleja, Niger State (Photos) / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by smiley001(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
mufutau55:

Edit your signature line o. There is no email address, phone numbers, and Whatsapp number there...

Hajji M.

Nicey
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Miscellaneous(m): 2:38am On Feb 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Nice sir... I am very familiar with oyenuga ( the Yaba tech, doctor). In that reinforced concrete design book you spoke about, the man was referring to load bearing partition wall and in structures, a load bearing wall must carry a reasonable load like slab, heavy roof, canopy beams etc.

The bungalow we are building here will only carry a head beam of 225mm x 225mm and also very light wood truss. Having say that it is still important to build according to some standard. We bought the block from a trusted supplier that uses stone dust to produce block and he get between 30- 35 for every one back of cement, properly vibrated and cure for some days before the work. We use this method because it will not be economical to mould ourself with the vibrated machine for such a low quantity of block we want to buy.

Bearing capacity only affect the width of the strip footings that will carry the load bearing wall but this affect heavily loaded portion wall. Thanks

Now how do I get books like this when it cannot be found in local bookshops and PDF seems nonexistent
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Uberness: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2016
Good Job Engr. Abdulwastecx.
You transformed that house in the renovation job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 12:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
Miscellaneous:

Now how do I get books like this when it cannot be found in local bookshops and PDF seems nonexistent

Go to any higher of institutions near you sir. I still go to fut Minna to get some of my engineering books.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by podosci(m): 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
There is a pdf copy of Oyenuga, some good Samaritan scanned the whole book cover to cover and converted it into pdf... You can also get some books from www.slideshare.net
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
podosci:
There is a pdf copy of Oyenuga, some good Samaritan scanned the whole book cover to cover and converted it into pdf... You can also get some books from www.slideshare.net

I will love to locate this Dr. Oyenuga PDF copy... can you help? Thx.
I tried looking for it on Amazon to buy, no luck.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by podosci(m): 7:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
With the right set of skills and technical know-how.. Any building can be transformed from a dream into reality..
At harney projects we got an abundance of skills and technical know-how coupled with dedication... smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by podosci(m): 7:53pm On Feb 05, 2016
It's about 245mb.....i would upload it into my onedrive later tonight and drop a link for you to download.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by johnson232: 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Go to any iron of institutions near you sir. I still go to fut Minna to get some of engineering books.
bros take am easy make u for no tear your head o...

all these read read... smiley

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
johnson232:

bros take am easy make u for no tear your head o...

all these read read... smiley

I want be like you sir
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by johnson232: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I want be like you sir
lolzzz... cheesy
u want to laugh me...

i have a question;

does doing chain lintel round a building have more advantage structurally to a building than the one done on top of each window and door?
someone said the chain lintel does not add anything, it is complete wastage of funds.
how true is this?

thanks.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
johnson232:

lolzzz... cheesy
u want to laugh me...

i have a question;

does doing chain lintel round a building have more advantage structurally to a building than the one done on top of each window and door?
someone said the chain lintel does not add anything, it is complete wastage of funds.
how true is this?

thanks.

Chain lintel is very advantageous to a building expecially when it is reinforced round the house.

It solve the following problem
1. It help prevent cracks which may occur at the point where the lintel stop if it is done individually on a lintel.

2. It make the house very flexible, this means you can create a new window openings or door opening without stress.

1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 4:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
More updates from the block work

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
More updates

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
About 75% up to window level. We have a small delay because of town planner people disturbance about approval which ongoing at the moment.

We are planning to get all the building up to window level tomorrow

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by johnson232: 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Chain lintel is very advantageous to a building expecially when it is reinforced round the house.

It solve the following problem
1. It help prevent cracks which may occur at the point where the lintel stop if it is done individually on a lintel.

2. It make the house very flexible, this means you can create a new window openings or door opening without stress.
thanks alot sir..

as regard no 2, during my renovation, we introduced new doors and the site man said the block will serve as lintel. since it is dry, is this safe?

what do u say about starting columns that will support parapet from lintel?
will the pillars be strong enough?
thanks.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnson232:

thanks alot sir..

as regard no 2, during my renovation, we introduced new doors and the site man said the block will serve as lintel. since it is dry, is this safe?

what do u say about starting columns that will support parapet from lintel?
will the pillars be strong enough?
thanks.

Please don't listen to him, put a lintel over any openings because that will always be a failure point. I will post a picture of a similar door openings done on a renovated work.

It is not advisable sir. If your building has no column before lintel, placing one after lintel will over stressed the sancrete block below and such will cause serious cracking or long time failure.

I will suggest you use polystyrene fascia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by johnson232: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Please don't listen to him, put a lintel over any openings because that will always be a failure point. I will post a picture of a similar door openings done on a renovated work.

It is not advisable sir. If your building has no column before lintel, placing one after lintel will over stressed the sancrete block below and such will cause serious cracking or long time failure.

I will suggest you use polystyrene fascia
but how can we pour the lintel, since there is no space on top? or we should destroy the whole blocks and reset on top of the new lintel?
hope u understand my explanation. and pls do mention me when u post the picture.

thanks.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnson232:

but how can we pour the lintel, since there is no space on top? or we should destroy the whole blocks and reset on top of the new lintel?
hope u understand my explanation. and pls do mention me when u post the picture.

thanks.
Check out the pics below sir.

These are the procedure
1. Open your windows/ doors.
2. Open another space on top of your window, this space should be about 1ft in height and should extend into adjacent wall by 18''minimum (450mm).
3. Place your reinforcement and make sure the height of link is less than 9'' ( to cater for the cover).
4. Board your lintel up to 9'', remaining 3''.
5. The 3'' space is used to cast the lintel

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
abdulwastecx:

These are the procedure
2. Open another space on top of your window, this space should be about 1ft in height and should extend into adjacent wall by 18''minimum (450mm).
3. Place your reinforcement and make sure the height of link is less than 9'' ( to cater for the cover).

How about using precast lintel? They use it all the time.
You still have to break the space... just stuck-in the precast and plaster...

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
abdulwastecx:

These are the procedure

As you can see sir from the picture, I place a new column to the right hand side of the door so that the lintel can rest on it, the reason for that was that, there is an existing column that I don't want to chisel because it is an important column in the structure

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
We are at the lintel level

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
More pictures

Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
mufutau55:

How about using precast lintel? They use it all the time.
You still have to break the space... just stuck-in the precast and plaster...

Hajji M.

That is also a very good idea. But that may be too heavy to carry.

Other alternative can be rectangular hollow section steal
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 8:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Can you still mount a concrete precast parapet or the foam parapet without the building having columns/pillars?
But of course I mean bungalows, like this yours. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by mufutau55(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
abdulwastecx:

That is also a very good idea. But that may be too heavy to carry.
Other alternative can be rectangular hollow section steal

True, good point with the weight... or you may need to hire some Mallams to lend a hand. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by townplanner(m): 11:49am On Feb 21, 2016
abdulwastecx:
About 75% up to window level. We have a small delay because of town planner people disturbance about approval which ongoing at the moment.
We are planning to get all the building up to window level tomorrow

Wow...I have to say. I'm very proud to see Fut Mx guys doing Well. Oga wasiu I Hail Oooh, Bldr Rabiu and co. Hope d townPlanners don free u
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
townplanner:

Wow...I have to say. I'm very proud to see Fut Mx guys doing Well. Oga wasiu I Hail Oooh, Bldr Rabiu and co. Hope d townPlanners don free u

Thanks man.... The approval is still ongoing o
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Thanks man.... The approval is still ongoing o

Out of curiosity, was the approval in place before ground breaking and there was an issue with construction or it wasn't in place?

Thanks.
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by abdulwastecx(m): 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Out of curiosity, was the approval in place before ground breaking and there was an issue with construction or it wasn't in place?

Thanks.

It wasn't in ongoing
Re: Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja by townplanner(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
abdulwastecx:

It wasn't in ongoing
If along the line dem disturb u Too much.....holla

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Need HDF Doors?: Check Out Our Custom HDF Doors With Edge Protection Material. / Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World / New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.