Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos (30654 Views)

Crippled Man On A Wheelchair Protesting Against Buhari Led Government (Photos) / United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / Yahaya Bello Receives Helicopter From Federal Government. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by dainformant(m): 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
Respite came today (Friday), for Rahma Haruna, a limbless 19-year old girl of Lahadin Makole in Dawakin Kudu local government area of Kano state when the state Commissioner for Women Affair, Barr. Zubaida Damakka Abubakar, presented empowerment to her family.

Rahma, who has no functional limbs but tiny appendages in the position of arms and legs, is being moved about in a synthetic washbasin by a young cousin, to beg for alms in Kano city, about 26 kilometers from her village. The earnings help in sustaining the family of four.

Her father, Haruna Muhammad said her challenge started when she was 6 months old and largely due to poverty, he could not take her for specialized medical attention. He had sold his farm and personal belongings but no progress was recorded in her treatment. At last, he resigned to the sad fate, which many people in his community seem to believe, that her condition is the handiwork of evil spirits.

While presenting the donation of empowerment items to the family, the Commissioner of Women Affairs, Barr. Zubaida Damakka said the state government is touched by the condition of the girl stressing that the government would do all it could to see that Rahma does not feel forsaken.

Items donated to the girl’s mother to start a business include 10 cartons of noodles, 2 bags of detergent, 10 cartons of biscuits, 2 bags of semovita, a bag of rice, a sack of soya bean, 2 gallons of cooking oil 25 liters each and the sum of twenty thousand naira.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/01/19-year-old-girl-without-limbs-receives.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by eleko1: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
She's blessed/highly favored cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
Thank you God

8 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by CastedDude: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
nice one.. but the money small naa

9 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Xposer: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
May God continue to bless her
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by CastedDude: 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
lalasticlala where @ thou
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Progressive01(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
Things the social media could do if applied appropriately sometimes. smiley

This is really commendable. Wish I could do something for her myself. smiley

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Aminat508(f): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Flashh: 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
Is that someone in a rubber bucket?

Feel sorry for her condition.

10 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is a welcome development...

God bless her
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
Flashh:
Is that someone in a rubber bucket?
Feel sorry for her condition.
My brother, na person o. Me sef no understand

1 Like

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by alrahmanonline(m): 10:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
Soo touching, hope she'll get more help and favours from above
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Flashh: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, na person o. Me sef no understand
Mouth sealed. lipsrsealed sad

11 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by dainformant(m): 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
you can oo..make i send account number...
Progressive01:
Things the social media could do if applied appropriately sometimes. smiley

This is really commendable. Wish I could do something for her myself. smiley
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by dainformant(m): 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
yeah...hope she does
alrahmanonline:
Soo touching, hope she'll get more help and favours from above
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Politicalidiot: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nigeria is finally getting better. But its too early to attribute it to #Change as some Nairalanders will probably do some minutes from now.

Political Idiot
Legal Counsel for Idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by techmart(m): 11:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
wow
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by lilyheaven: 11:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
CastedDude:
nice one.. but the money small naa
you can add some money naa
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Can someone please shoot whoever suggested this ‘help'?

2 Likes

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Kizazz(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
eleko1:
She's blessed/highly favored cool
I Pray U ll B Blessed And Highly Favoured Like Her
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Nickymezor(f): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Datz super cool.
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by demolinka(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wonder what she thinks everyday sad

1 Like

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Nienie(f): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
really devastating but thank God for the helpers tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by niceprof: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2016
All the state government donated, is not even up to the value of the wheel chair that a concerned Nigerian gave to her, and still didn't make noise about it,but see how they are taking pictures as if they have broken another Guinness world record by donating indomie that is nearly expired and rice which Lassa fever status has not been verified.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Holuwakemmy16(f): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
Chai and some of us don't know how to thank God,all we do is to complain,God I Thank you despact what am facing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Moz22: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nic one
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by lekanafo: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
For those that say e- revolution is just for gossip,this is one of the numerous advantage,charity,social cause,employment,info tech and numerous other beneficial thing.
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by MotorConnectz(m): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2016
Kai.. I really feel bad for her. I just pray she gets to use these items. Due to poverty don't be surprised they might open a little shop to sell them off
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by tobidipity(m): 11:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
I trust hausa people. You will still see her on the street of kano begging let's say two weeks from now.
Re: Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos by Holamidhe(m): 11:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ehya, i wish i could help in my own little way

God bless the commissioner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae / Bakare: Why I Support Buhari On Deregulation And Opposed Jonathan / VP Osinbajo, Lai Mo'hamed And Their Deliberate Insult On Nigerians' Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.