Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,917 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud (595 Views)

EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos / Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Abiodun Agbele Arrested By EFCC Over N4.7billion Arms Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by ahmed486: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
Abdulrahman Mohammed Biu, an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, who’s a deputy detective superintendent, has been arrested for extorting $150,000 from military officers involved in the ongoing investigation into the diversion of arms purchase funds.

According to Wilson Uwujaren, the Head, Media & Publicity for the EFCC, “the officer was arrested on Monday January 25, 2016 following intelligence report alleging that he extorted a whopping sum of $150,000 from some military officers on the pretext that he would help give them a soft landing in the ongoing investigation into the arms deal scandal.”

“Upon his arrest, a search was executed on his residence in Abuja where the following items were recovered: $20,000 cash, N500, 000 cash, two police uniforms bearing his name with the ranks of Deputy Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Police warrant card No: 27/2014 with the rank of DSP allegedly obtained from Kano Constabulary office, documents relating to military arms investigation and account information of several senior military officers.”

“A search of his car parked in the premises yielded the following items: unbranded pistol with a magazine and ten live ammunition. His modus operandi includes dropping the names of ranking officers of the Commission, claiming he was acting on their behalf. A paper containing seven of such names was recovered in his house.

“The suspect has made useful statement, while investigation continues”, Uwujaren added.

SOURCE: http://nigeriannewspapers.info/how-efcc-operative-extorted-150k-from-military-officers-involved-in-arms-fraud/
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by kingofchess(m): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
ok
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by INTROVERT(f): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
badooo

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
if EFCC officials are also corrupt den we are all DEADDDDDDDDDD

dis is my tithe
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by kuuljay(m): 12:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
We shall get there, as the fight rages on the bad ones will be fished and dealt with, soon efcc with be an organisation our dear country will be very proud of.God bless my country
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by Tolupage(m): 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Now the jailer will be jailed.
Greedy human.
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by DropShot: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
The type of corruption we have in Nigeria is not found anywhere else in this world.

It has eaten too deep into our national fabric.
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
I hope those that gave out bribes are charged to court
Re: How EFCC Operative Extorted $150k From Military Officers Involved In Arms Fraud by skyface00(m): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
finally we have one institution working .

I see why Mr president picked people carefully, We need to know ourselves... to understand others better. In PMB I trust

Now we have a president

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ekitigate: How We Rigged Fayose Into Office – Ekiti PDP Scribe / Ekiti Election Was Rigged, Tope Aluko Insists (video) / I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu – Bianca Ojukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.