Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) (23697 Views)

Fatima Buhari Becomes 4th Wife To Gimba Yau Kumo / Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... / Israeli Prime Minister, Netanyahu Calls For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by tuna4servi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2016
Police
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Jabioro: 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:
This move by the police is legally and morally wrong
Your motion could not get any meaningful meaning... legally wrong.. can legit move be wrong ?
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by davedpo(m): 7:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
well done my boys(@ d police) good work
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by pretydiva(f): 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
D heart of men..
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
ifyclose2:
You must be re.tarded. The wife of d kidnapper is 100% innocent, and should not be held liable for her husband's crimes. In saner countries, every police officer who took part in that arrest will be dismissed from d police force, and face criminal prosecution. That is d height of st.upidity, arresting a law-abiding individual just because he/she is married or biologically related to a criminal. How I wish d woman is enlightened enough to sue d entire Nigerian police force for billions of naira. I sometimes wonder if we are cursed in this country.
you forgot the part where weapons were discoveres d in her possession ago.... Read before commenting next time

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Henrique4real(f): 7:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
[i][/i]quote author=MrSegunAdewole post=42471157][s][/s]

shatap so if your father is an arm robber the police should arrest you for your father's sin which you know nothing about [/quote]

Did u not read that the money was retrieved form her though she claims she does not know d content? (that's receiving. Its for her to prove her case)[/color][color=#000000]
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by akilo1: 7:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
Good job nigeroa police force,make una continue to track this our money,curruption is over since police can track money and effc dey one side
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by SeedofAfrica(m): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Igwurita, to Ikwerre. The home base of the kidnappers in Rivers state. it seem like the police there had accepted their fate and submitted to those hoodlums.
Last Dec. would have been a terrible one for me, but thank God that answers prayer.
One of these kidneppers called me pretending to be a client, he requested for our service, to roof his house which I actually sent two boys to the site for measurements. But surprisingly, the second day when I called the guy, he had to tell me that he had been abducted and was taken to a forest, and the place was unknown to him.
I am in Lagos, I asked him where he was abducted and he told me that they call the place Igwurita. I went to lodge a complain at the police station but the decline that I can only lodge such complain within the magistrate where the crime was committed.

to call the long story short, the boys were abducted for two days.

They also demanded for #10 million ransome but when it was clear to them that I had no such money, they left the boys after beating them mercilessly.

the guys later came back to narrate their ordeals, saying they were so lucky to come back alive
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:

Tell that to the family of the kidnapped fellow.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by eherbal(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Giving out operational tactics to the public is a serious security handicap on the part of the Police. Now criminals will check ransom money for bugs and gps trackers,thereby defeating the effort of search and rescue .
Our NPF needs schooling on reporting their modus operandi undecided
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by zurine(f): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
interesting
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Mpanyi: 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
So our police could be this dumb. In blowing their own trumpet all they had achieved unfortunately was open themselves up to legal action by the woman. Seems there was a problem of illeteracy or something like that by the spokesman.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by RickyTan: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:

Good job by the Nigerian Police.
You can sit there and speak big theory. The police are on ground and the arm twisting is brilliant - it got the job done.
The True VICTIM was freed. The accomplice wife - storing money and weapons is fair game.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Jocdon(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
U guys supporting ozoigbondu is a NOVICE. Why can't u reason with d police.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Kgdavid(m): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
giantstrides:
I usually disagree with his posts, but this time he is very right. Why should the wife suffer for a crime she knows nothing about ?

Oga, did you read the article?

The ransom was traced to their house, were weapons were also found, and then she was arrested according to the article. Now, i'm interested in hearing you plan to frame your argument that "she knows nothing" about his crime(s) when evidently she has been aiding and abetting his activities?

Enlighten me please.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Caseless: 8:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Just shut up

Is his wife the kidnapper or part of the kidnapping gang
you are just too shameless and headless.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Kgdavid(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
MrSegunAdewole:
[s][/s]

shatap so if your father is an arm robber the police should arrest you for your father's sin which you know nothing about

What is the evidence that you would not know about your father's crimes, in your fictional narrative?

The people making the argument that the police were "morally" and "legally" wrong to do what they did seem to base their entire argument upon the assumption that the wife did not know of her husbands activities.

Such an assumption is firstly odd due to the fact that a cursory perusal of the article reveals salient facts that strongly point to the contrary, no least, the statement by the women herself asserting that her husband received the ransom money but is not a part of the kidnap gang.

Ignoring the blatant implication of guilt so inextricably entwined with the above-referenced statement, the logic for the argument that "she knows nothing" appears to stem wholly from the logic that one's wife cannot possibly be involved in one's misdeeds, simply because she is, well...one's wife. This is non sequitur at best and absolutely absurd, at the worst.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by lumeneng22: 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2016
After all na palm oyel she de deal on, and she is always going to church to pray for God favour. Even the thing wet dey inside the bag she no know she just see say her husband carry one big bag come house.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by giantstrides(m): 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Kgdavid:

Oga, did you read the article?

The ransom was traced to their house, were weapons were also found, and then she was arrested according to the article. Now, i'm interested in hearing you plan to frame your argument that "she knows nothing" about his crime(s) when evidently she has been aiding and abetting his activities?

Enlighten me please.

Please highlight where the police claimed she was involved in the crime. The police only claimed they traced the money to their house. Look at it this way, it's like a father having a son who is an armed robber or a cultist, they trace weapons to the son house and then decide to arrest the father for crimes committed by the son, if the police can prove her involvement, she should face the music by all means, but if not, why should she suffer for it. There are countless armed robbers who hide this from their family.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Kaylexzy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
Now dis is hilarious... grin

A case of even Ur boo get a boo (or kidnapper in dis case)
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by nenergy(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Just shut up

Is his wife the kidnapper or part of the kidnapping gang

Did you read this?
Mohammad added that one AK-47 rifle and 14nrounds of live ammunition were also recovered from
the residence of the fleeing kidnap suspect.

The wife of a thief is a thief.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by onyekachy: 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
reuben79:
u always support criminals cos u ws born and broutup from criminal blood
It is not proper for anybody to be held for anothers crime. The administration of criminal justice act of 2015 which was enacted by the national assembly stipulates in part 2 of the Bill, which treated issues like ARREST,BAIL, AND PREVENTIVE JUSTICEN..In No (7) of Part 1--It was stated thst -- A person shall not be arrested in place of a suspect
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by justiz5(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:

But yielded results right
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Jeremyaaa09: 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
reuben79:
u always support criminals cos u ws born and broutup from criminal blood

It's wrong for law enforcing agents to arrest the innocent.
They infringed on her right as human but of course its more like a modified jungle justice system operation.

O' ye Nigerian Police please grow up lads!
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by justiz5(m): 9:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pavore9:
As long as the husband brought the ransome to the house he shares with the wife and after the man escaped it is logical for the police to pick up the wife which led to the kidnapped guy regaining his freedom.

and saved the victim 10million Naira.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by justiz5(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2016
Pavore9:
As long as the husband brought the ransome to the house he shares with the wife and after the man escaped it is logical for the police to pick up the wife which led to the kidnapped guy regaining his freedom.

and saved the victim 10million Naira.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Jeremyaaa09: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
Kgdavid:

What is the evidence that you would not know about your father's crimes, in your fictional narrative?

The people making the argument that the police were "morally" and "legally" wrong to do what they did seem to base their entire argument upon the assumption that the wife did not know of her husbands activities.

Such an assumption is firstly odd due to the fact that a cursory perusal of the article reveals salient facts that strongly point to the contrary, no least, the statement by the women herself asserting that her husband received the ransom money but is not a part of the kidnap gang.

Ignoring the blatant implication of guilt so inextricably entwined with the above-referenced statement, the logic for the argument that "she knows nothing" appears to stem wholly from the logic that one's wife cannot possibly be involved in one's misdeeds, simply because she is, well...one's wife. This is non sequitur at best and absolutely absurd, at the worst.

Police gave their reports not even based on the testimony of the said woman but from their logical deduction with respect to the said ransom traced to her residence.
in defence, i believe she said those things based on revelations given to her by the police. That implies that the police were the ones who informed her of the kidnapping, ransom and her husband's involvement. And as a woman, she reacted saying she never trusted one of the kidnap suspects hence her warnings to her husband, and her husband is guilty of conniving with the kidnappers by assisting in collecting the ransom, now my question is, what is the crime of the woman that she was dehumanised and used as a bait? Is it because she committed a crime by marrying a man who conspired with kidnappers?
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by badostic: 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:
You are a kidnapper informant, u are just here to get details.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Kgdavid(m): 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=giantstrides post=42473329]

Please highlight where the police claimed she was involved in the crime. The police only claimed they traced the money to their house. Look at it this way, it's like a father having a son who is an armed robber or a cultist, they trace weapons to the son house and then decide to arrest the father for crimes committed by the son, if the police can prove her involvement, she should face the music by all means, but if not, why should she suffer for it. There are countless armed robbers who hide this from their family.[/
quote]

Yes, and the fact that countless robbers hide their activities from their families does not mean that every criminal does so. The fact that weapons wer found in her house is arrest worthy and if she could help the police in their investigation, that's fine.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by reyscrub(m): 11:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:

I blif u must be one of the kidnappers.
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by able20(m): 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Then tell your family members to stop kidnapping
Re: Police Arrest Kidnapper’s Wife To Negotiate Victim’s Release (photo) by Lexusgs430: 1:30am On Jan 31, 2016
Stupid kidnapper. He loves his wife, but is prepared to spread hate and enjoy free money!!!
I think that's the way forward, track the kidnappers and kidnap their family members and place a ransom too on their head, let's see how the kidnappers feel!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / Aso Villa End Of Year Service In Pictures / Enugu State Commissioner Of Police Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.