Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site (37092 Views)

What Do You Think About Facebook Integrating Whatsapp Into The Facebook App? / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now / Samsung Warns Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Stop Using Phones At Risk Of Exploding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by CharleyCharley: 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2016
The app on ios, battery killah!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by jammyunn(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ever since I mistakenly updated that app, my phone has been hanging and resetting. I can't even use it and so many other app again.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Kingy10: 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
nze4al:
Facebook’s Android and iPhone apps still aren’t great. The both apps has had bugs that cause it to drain battery in the background, they consume your mobile data, takes a lot of your space and can equally make your phone slow.

Rather than put up with the awful app, you can use Facebook’s fairly full-featured mobile site instead for a less annoying experience. Add the website to your home screen and you can launch it in one tap, just like the app. On Android, you can even get push notifications from Facebook via Up browser, Mozilla Firefox, Opera mobile, Google Chrome. And if that weren’t enough, you can send and receive messages on the mobile site — without having to download Facebook Messenger!

For chrome browser, head to facebook.com in your web browser app and sign in. When you first visit the website, you’ll be informed that Facebook wants to send you notifications. Tap “Allow” and you’ll get Facebook notifications via Google Chrome. This feature will only work in Google Chrome, at least for now, so you’ll need Chrome as your web browser to use it. You can also try it out on other great browsers.

If you change your mind later, and don’t want notifications, you can tap the menu button in Chrome, tap “Settings,” tap “Site settings” under Advanced, tap “Notifications,” and remove the notification permission from m.facebook.com.

How to disable or uninstall the app from your Android phone, you can generally locate the Facebook app icon in your app drawer, long-press it, and drag it to a trash icon or something similar to uninstall it. This may work differently on different phones, depending on the customizations your manufacturer made to your phone’s version of Android. If this doesn’t work, open the Settings page, tap the “Apps” category, tap the “Facebook” app, and tap “Uninstall”.

If there is no “Uninstall” button, it’s likely because your manufacturer preinstalled it on your phone, and you aren’t allowed to uninstall it. A “Disable” button should appear here instead, though; tap that to disable the app instead.

Sure, this is an old tip, but it’s amazing how many people are still struggling with Facebook’s app when there’s such a better option available. The mobile site looks almost exactly like the app, and with modern mobile web browsers faster than ever, the Facebook website is pretty snappy. Add in the ability to send messages and (on Android) push notifications, and this is a killer solution.

This also works for other social media services that provide half-decent mobile websites, of course. You could use this same process for Twitter, for example.

More @ https://techmzy./2016/01/30/why-you-should-stop-using-the-facebook-app-and-use-the-mobile-site-for-a-less-annoying-experience/
What about how to use them for Facebook registration, cos I use my Facebook account for registration sometimes when I don't want to use my email account and I do that with the Facebook app
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
peppyluv02:
Same here
Peppyluv02...
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by 0ldirtybastard(m): 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
peppyluv02:
Same here
Peppyluv02...
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by iamgiggssleaky(m): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Y you dey spoil person market like this?
if you be developer and person open thread say make people no download ur apps, How you go feel?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Lezzlie(m): 10:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nice info, UC browser also sends push Facebook notification in their drawers too. Facebook native are aldata hungry and ram killers. Disabbled mine a long time ago.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Lexusgs430: 10:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
Simply download Folio. It's only 3mb in size!!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Double post.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
mercylicious:
E don tey wey I uninstall d app.DT tin can run battery and drink data. Same as YouTube.
I use browsers for both.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by crowther15(m): 10:52pm On Jan 30, 2016
When you first visit the website, you’ll be informed that Facebook wants to send you notifications. Tap “Allow” and you’ll get Facebook notifications via Google Chrome. This feature will only work in Google Chrome, at least for now, so you’ll need Chrome as your web browser to use it

Uc browser is also doing the above
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Lumiere91: 10:55pm On Jan 30, 2016
My operamini has refuse to log in to facebook,for a month now.what is the cause?
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by crowther15(m): 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:
if you be developer and person open thread say make people no download ur apps, How you go feel?

lol
That is what brought improvements into every field in order to satisfy the market
If Keynes didn't critise Classical economists, they wouldn't have improved
Did u knw the reason why coca cola never passed product life cycle? They keep on rebranding , improving quality, lowering price with better quality.
If developer happens to be here , he would device a new tools to make his app improve....... this thread is a survey to the developer...
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by zzzzy: 11:00pm On Jan 30, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

sorry, but almost everyone knows about it. Facebook are even making their own browser. They made their app to crash intentionally just to test users loyalty. Many people use Web in preference to the app. Btw their market isn't spoilt. It will still be assessed.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by trappatoni(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
That's true, tried the lite but wasn't satisfied so i deleted it. I use opera browser and i'm always signed in.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by frisky2good(m): 11:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
I dey come make I comot the rubbish for my fone
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by pheesayor(m): 11:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
Facebook for blackberry is worse, not fully featured. I have to go to mobile site to view groups, shared posts and memories

law001:
My friend and I argued this some hours ago. I still hold that the app is way better than the site.

Btw.. I'm a blackberry user not android or ios.

Those data consuming elements.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by nwachinemelu(m): 12:01am On Jan 31, 2016
the problem with this app....you can't see your friends online to chat with them.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by BobUg28(m): 1:24am On Jan 31, 2016
I'm very much comfortable with my facebook mobile site. I don't fancy the app that much. It deplicts my data and drains my battery.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by neighbourhud: 5:09am On Jan 31, 2016
iamgiggssleaky:

If you are a developer, developed something good and no one will complain.
This is not about destroying somebody's work... It is telling the obvious.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by uglyBetty1(f): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Let me come and delete and free up some spaces. Thanks for the Info.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2016
I just discovered now that I don't even have the application on my phone.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by beeznitfizo: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by GnyOverlord: 8:52am On Jan 31, 2016
Oahray:
On point! Even the latest opera mini has the Facebook notification feature in real time. Never liked the Facebook app.
link to download the latest operamini please
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 31, 2016
Politicalidiot:
bad advise.
The same reason you use the Nairaland site?
Just tell us you are too broke to subscribe for FB.

#PoliticalIdiot Legal Counsel for Idiots
youve got issuses.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by chidavis: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2016
i can not believe you people are just finding out about facebook app and what it does on android and ios devices. No offence but you people out to leave d stone age you are in. facebook app is a very unconducive app for such devices.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by blackiridis(m): 10:24am On Jan 31, 2016
still prefer the app..
#I_No_Send
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by zzzzy: 11:40am On Jan 31, 2016
beeznitfizo:

Sharap O.P. and dont say what you don't know.
We developers know that no matter how good a code you write to create a responsive website, apps are always better than web browsers. As simply explained by Robin Sloan: apps provide a ‘frame’ for content – something that puts a kind of mental border around content in order to provide a sort of focus.That’s something that the web browsers dont offer.

The problem is not about the fb app consuming data bc most platforms (Blackberry,Android,IOS) by default allow some apps to run in the background---again by DEFAULT. But its always easy to turn them off automatically when not in use which is the right solution for this topic

SOLUTION
1) ROOT UR DEVICE- there is no reason y u shouldnt bc some third party apps need root access. Recommendation (KINGROOT)
2) Install an app manager like PURIFY and add the FB app and other data hungry apps to its "auto-kill/block auto-start" menu and the problem is solved. Watch your device run at factory speed.
undecided their app is laggy and everyone including the developers know that.
Also you are mentioning rooting as a solution. So i must root my phone to make an app lag-free?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by stone07(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
I know about all these issues caused by Fb app but I think d Fb app has some advantages over d browser Fb.
I think u need d app if u want to share files like pix or videos on Fb. For example if I want to share a pix on my phone via Fb, if d Fb app is not on my phone it will not give me Fb option to share on it. It will only bring other option like WhatsApp or twitter.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by nze4al(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Kingy10:

What about how to use them for Facebook registration, cos I use my Facebook account for registration sometimes when I don't want to use my email account and I do that with the Facebook app

U can just click on create/ sign up new account

Re: Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site by medexico(m): 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
I have deleted mine long ago, can't even remember the last time I visited the Facebook web.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lastest Selfie Stick In Town....pix / Which Power Bank Are You Using & How Satisfied Are You With It? / How To Use Airtel BB Plan On PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.