Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making (25949 Views)

FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / National Assembly Increases Fuel Subsidy To N521bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by ourleader(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
Observant:
No more N45 for PMS, wasn't that the estimate of this administration? Did they suddenly forget the mathematics.
From my calculation the government is making North of N15 per litre on the current price with the subsidy now totally gone.

Too sad the 15 million useful idiotic walking dead that brought us to this junction remain oblivious whilst roaming in search of the remnant of GEJ of attack.

So innocent Nigerians should applauded him for negligence of common Street men
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by ourleader(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=Observant post=42482445]No more N45 for PMS, wasn't that the estimate of this administration? Did they suddenly forget the mathematics.
From my calculation the government is making North of N15 per litre on the current price with the subsidy now totally gone.

Too sad the 15 million useful idiotic walking dead that brought us to this junction remain oblivious whilst roaming in search of the remnant of GEJ of attack.

So innocent Nigerians should applauded him for negligence of common Street men
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Anybody who says the government is profoting from the price of fuel is an ignoramus and to use the word of the week....a buffoon!

You don't spend all you have today because you need a buffer for tomorrow, you would have though that the lesson of how we wasted all our revenues from $110 a barrell oil with little or no reserves to show for it would have taught us a lesson. What if Oil price suddenly rises tomorrow? The same people crying now would be crying if government tries to increase the pump price to reflect the increase. Govt has a price which allows for fluctuations so tht they dont need to keep changing the price of petrol everyday, it means at a certain price there is a surplus but when it goes above a certain price there is a deficit at which point the buffer (which some ignoramuses call profit) is used to offset the increase without having to resort to paying subsidies.
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Observant:
No more N45 for PMS, wasn't that the estimate of this administration? Did they suddenly forget the mathematics.

my best testimony of 2015 was dt clueless jonathan lost reelection bid
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by ochallo: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
efilefun:
Sure-P under BUHARI laiye!!! I could remember PTF under Buhari, everybody felt the goodies of that project, only people who are blind from the truth will dispute this. There are some schools still having PTF buildings, I could remember getting free textbooks and co from PTF, tell me how many people felt the effect of sure -P?? It was just another avenue to siphone public funds.

Have you ever heard of tetfund?
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by babamadiba(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
MabraO:
Children without sense re just too much in this section

And is it that Nigeria is cursed with prople that don't want anything good in this country?
U buying petrol #86.50 yet some people re still complaining
Dem swear for una?
they no dey buy fuel at all. No cars no GEN sets. Instead dey use candle when dir is no light.
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Mrfahaz(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
aspabay:
Laziness is a cancker worm.
sorry I don't sell cheese balls.......
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by kay29000(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
efilefun:
Sure-P under BUHARI laiye!!! I could remember PTF under Buhari, everybody felt the goodies of that project, only people who are blind from the truth will dispute this. There are some schools still having PTF buildings, I could remember getting free textbooks and co from PTF, tell me how many people felt the effect of sure -P?? It was just another avenue to siphone public funds.

True. I can remember my school getting hundreds of lockers with PTF on it back in the mid 90s.
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by anonimi: 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Akainzo:
Canada is an oil producing country, with numerous local refineries, the price of PMS is:

1. @CBN Rate of 200/$: 172/ltr
2. @Aboki Rate of 300/$: 258/ltr.

We must be doing something in Nigeria to sell it at 86.50/ltr.

What is the MINIMUM wage in Canada?
What is the MINIMUM wage in our country

Why compare apples and oranges?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by anonimi: 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
kay29000:
True. I can remember my school getting hundreds of lockers with PTF on it back in the mid 90s.

Why did Abacha create a PARALLEL government for Buhari who is now preaching Treasury Single Account, TSA
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Xploits2204: 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
efilefun:

I got free textbooks and notebooks of PTF also...
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Akainzo(m): 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
anonimi:

What is the MINIMUM wage in Canada?
What is the MINIMUM wage in our country

Why compare apples and oranges?

You are part of the reasons why our educational system is said to be backward, did the article base it's arguments on the minimum wages in the Venezuela or Libya?

BTW, What is the minimum wage in these classes?
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by grandstar(m): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Chimezie250:
Market forces to determine price of fuel, Nigerians are not ready for it now, if it's allow within one month all those marketer's will create artificial scarcity, then the price will increase

This is plain wrong.

Diesel is fully deregulated. It is determined by market forces.Do you know any fixed price for diesel? And it is the most successful of the fuels in terms of abundancy of supply. It is extremely rare for it to be scarce or sold in a black market.

Government should do the same to petrol and kerosene
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Observant: 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
JayJohnson:

Ineffectual buffoon wailer!
Cry me a river!!
Buffoons are liable to die young!!!
Wailers are liable to die young!!!!

I would have been highly disappointed if one of you walkers didn't write the above quoted.
Walking Useful Idiotic Zombie, keep looking for GEJ and Wailers. The heartbreak of realizing and accepting that you have been scam most be excruciating.

Take heart in ur Zombie walk now that you are totally lost.
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Observant:

I would have been highly disappointed if one of you walkers didn't write the above quoted.
Walking Useful Idiotic Zombie, keep looking for GEJ and Wailers. The heartbreak of realizing and accepting that you have been scam most be excruciating.

Keep on wailing idiota, your ineffectual buffoon is also busy buying unrecognized award all over the place. Obviously you are yet t
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
Observant:

Keep on wailing idiota, your ineffectual buffoon is also busy buying unrecognized award all over the place. Obviously you are yet to recover from the shock of April polls
Son, take refuge in your dream world. Thank God your clueless leader lost the election, only God knows the situation Nigeria would have been
For you, I will feed you and your entire generation, tell you father to mail me, I only talk to my mates - I am your father 's mate
Cheers son
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by sweetgala(m): 6:56am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:
Economic ignorance litters this srticle.

In a fully deregulated market, government does not fix a price. People sell at any price they deem fit. For instance, the price of food stuff is fully deregulated. The government does not fix the price of garri or tomato.

At a fixed price of 86.50, the price is fixed so it is not deregulated!

Also a subsidy still exist because the petrol is imported at the official exchange rate of 197. If the naira is devalued to its true rate of 230-240. the price of petrol will shoot up by 20% which raise the price close to 100naira

The price of diesel is fully deregulated. That is why the price is much higher than petrol. There is no fixed price. The benefit is that supply is abundant and scarcity super rare.

The same should be done for petrol and kerosene

Such an idea can only work in a society where some business ethics exist and a solid regulatory system is in place to punish any deviation. In many countries the world over the government sets the price of petrol and diesel and allow for an offset plus or minus a limited percentage. The natural competition causes the companies to find how to reduce cost.

In Nigeria the marketers and stake holders would have an agreement to make artificial scarcity and increat the price if left to their imaginations
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by sweetgala(m): 6:57am On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:
Economic ignorance litters this srticle.

In a fully deregulated market, government does not fix a price. People sell at any price they deem fit. For instance, the price of food stuff is fully deregulated. The government does not fix the price of garri or tomato.

At a fixed price of 86.50, the price is fixed so it is not deregulated!

Also a subsidy still exist because the petrol is imported at the official exchange rate of 197. If the naira is devalued to its true rate of 230-240. the price of petrol will shoot up by 20% which raise the price close to 100naira

The price of diesel is fully deregulated. That is why the price is much higher than petrol. There is no fixed price. The benefit is that supply is abundant and scarcity super rare.

The same should be done for petrol and kerosene

Still mush less than Jonathan was going to charge us for the same product.
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by sweetgala(m): 7:01am On Feb 01, 2016
cutetopsey:
Am optimistic that before the end of Buhari adminstration, the price of PMS will come down to #3.00 since Nigeria is the biggest producer of oil in Africa and yet it was gathered that the same fuel that sells for N86.50 per litre (without payment of subsidy) in Nigeria goes for between N4 and N5 in Venezuela and N22 in Libya......

Therefore, we couldn't expect less from our government....and we are not asking for too much......we must sell below other countries since we are the giant of Africa. grin

BTW, You can now successfully get rid of excess body fats, check my signature for more details.

Fuel is heavily subsidised in Venezuela and Lybia

Life is subsidised in those countries, they have a smaller population about a 10th of Nigeria's.

Also they have refineries and a system whereby people are not trying to steal as cheat their country at every turn
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by grandstar(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2016
sweetgala:

Such an idea can only work in a society where some business ethics exist and a solid regulatory system is in place to punish any deviation. In many countries the world over the government sets the price of petrol and diesel and allow for an offset plus or minus a limited percentage. The natural competition causes the companies to find how to reduce cost.

In Nigeria the marketers and stake holders would have an agreement to make artificial scarcity and increat the price if left to their imaginations

Its already working very well with diesel which is fully deregulated! It will work wonderfully with petrol and kerosene as well
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by Okanokan(m): 8:47am On Feb 01, 2016
Who say so? What is the cost of Production?
Re: New Petrol Price: A Shift From Subsidy To Profit Making by jolamos01(m): 9:46am On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki & Oshiomhole Celebrate Obaseki's Appeal Court Victory In Benin (Photos) / 4 Safety Steps For Public Office Holders When Invited Abroad - Shehu Sani / Defection: Why Umahi, Deputy May Lose At Appeal Court — Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.