Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible (11593 Views)

This Verses In The Bible Shows Jesus Was Not Crucified / 90 Verses In The Bible Say Jesus Is Not God / Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 31, 2016
k
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by icybeth(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2016
1 cor 3:16-God view about smoking
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by cdaboss: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Rom 9:16
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by StepTwo: 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
8. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by ilevic(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
osesology:
no5 2corint 13:14. I use it every morning during prayer.
@op, it seems that our new pope is putting that no9 to question by his recent utterances. Recently he was quoted saying that all ways leads to God, whether moslem, buddha etc, and not only through Jesus Christ. So my question now is: have we christians been living a hypocritical life all this while or has the pope been compromised?

Is the Pope a spiritual person? I believe being a pope is more political than spiritual.
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Adasun(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
ritababe:
the most popular verse in the bible is John 11:35
Jesus weptembarassed
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by walex2bad(m): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
2Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved..
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Rimini: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
osesology:
no5 2corint 13:14. I use it every morning during prayer.
@op, it seems that our new pope is putting that no9 to question by his recent utterances. Recently he was quoted saying that all ways leads to God, whether moslem, buddha etc, and not only through Jesus Christ. So my question now is: have we christians been living a hypocritical life all this while or has the pope been compromised?
The pope is not going to take you to heaven is he? Everyone is accountable to himself and to God.... The main question is, what and who do you believe?
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Temysteve(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
DebbyChris:
Eph 4:27 don't give the devil an opportunity. i so much like this verse.
isaiah 43 V 19 ''behold i'll do s new thing and it shall spring forth........
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Temysteve(m): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
ritababe:
the most popular verse in the bible is John 11:35
''Jesus wept''
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Temysteve(m): 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
ISAIAH 54 V 10 ''For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by ArewaWarrior: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
If a book claims divinity then it MUST be free of error. Google errors in the Bible and see for yourselves, it is a book written by men full of inconsistencies and errors
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by horlarwhalhe: 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
If jesus is a prince of peace how can he said these,in the book of Luck 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Please through more light please

Peace
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by professore(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mathew 18:18
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
"And He went a little farther, and fell on His face, and prayed."
Matthew 26:39.

I pray the way Jesus peace be upon him prayed 5x a day. Jesus peace be upon him prayed to his creator the way we Muslims pray to the creator. Alhumdullah
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by murmee: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
hockeyoilers:

"And He went a little farther, and fell on His face, and prayed."
Matthew 26:39.

I pray the way Jesus peace be upon him prayed 5x a day. Jesus peace be upon him prayed to his creator the way we Muslims pray to the creator. Alhumdullah
It seems Muslims read the Bible a lot but they lack the Holy Spirit that is supposed to give them a good understanding of the Holy book.
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mark 16:18

They will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Next time you have holy spirit I invite you to chug back some bleach, let's put this verse to the test , ya ?
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by bolliejay(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Psalm 91!
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by crecruit: 11:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
sketcherJ:
This list isn't based on a professional counting nor review but as a Christian, you must use at least 6 out of the 15 verses listed here each week..check them below.

1. John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

2. Matthew 6: 9-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

3. Psalm 23 verses
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

4. Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

5. 2. Corinthians 13:14
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

6. Psalm 118:17

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord

7. Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

8. John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

9. John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

10. John 10:10
.The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

So which Bible verse do you use most?

Source;
http://dandywriter..com/2016/01/top-15-most-popular-verses-of-bible.html?m=1

Lamentations 3:22-23
22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
Matthew 15:24

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
Re: Top 10 Most Popular Verses In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
ArewaWarrior:
If a book claims divinity then it MUST be free of error. Google errors in the Bible and see for yourselves, it is a book written by men full of inconsistencies and errors
I am not a Christian and do not think there is anything divine about the bible but this is equally true about the Quran

The Bible is a better book on many levels it was written by several people over centuries

Whereas the Quran was written by one man over 23 years and has its own share or errors and contradiction

Take your advice and Google errors in the Quran

Crucially Muhammad copied a lot of his stuff from the Bible/Torah and refers repeatedly to THE BOOK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law / 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church / 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.