Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,824 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law (11541 Views)

If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 5:01am On Sep 03, 2016
Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that:
An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

This brings the question: At time t=0 (before the big bang), was space constituent static? Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".

If that is true, how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?

Sorry, my understanding of Basic Physics is limited.

It takes a greater Faith being an Atheist!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by endtimeshit(m): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Good point. They even say the Universe is soon going to experience 'The big crunch' which will reduce the universe to a dot in space.for the universe to be crushed, an external force has to be applied. Science would never agree these force is from God..this should make fp
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by onetrack(m): 6:05am On Sep 03, 2016
We atheists make no assumptions about the origins of the universe, if there even are any origins. What you are doing is using the argument "we don't understand therefore it must be god" which I do not accept.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 03, 2016
endtimeshit:
Good point. They even say the Universe is expanding. This sort of expansion ought to source from an external force. Science hasnt discovered such force..this should make fp
Really you guys are delving into space science now, how do you know it had no external force, for those of you with trace knowledge of space, scientist don't know if what created this universe was the first big bang or if it has happen before and what we're seeing is a new universe, in fact there's no way to tell how many big bangs might have happened. also scientist don't claim to know everything that's why they continue to do research, what we don't know today might be discovered tomorrow, unlike theist who cling to God as an explanation to everything.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2016
Am sure the OP does not know that it was a catholic priest that proposed the big bang theory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 03, 2016
Georges lemaitre, Belgian priest and professor of physics, even the priest didn't cling to the creation theory.
In 1951,Pope Pius XII declared that Lemaître's theory provided a scientific validation for catholicism. However, Lemaître resented the Pope's proclamation, stating that the theory was neutral and there was neither a connection nor a contradiction between his religion and his theory.When Lemaître and Daniel O'Connell, the Pope's science advisor, tried to persuade the Pope not to mention Creationism publicly anymore, the Pope agreed. He persuaded the Pope to stop making proclamations about cosmology. While a devout Roman Catholic, he was against mixing science with religion,though he also was of the opinion that these two fields of human experience were not in conflict.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:37am On Sep 03, 2016
No matter how hard u try, the best of human knowledge is mere foolishness before God. In other words, ur mortal brain cannot and never comprehend the glory and Wisdon of God. God created the Universe and everything else in the world, science can only speculate on this fact buh can never be sure.

For those of u who don't believe in God, what if u die and u discover that u must stand judgment before Him whom u never believed existed what will be ur fate?

My candid advice repent now and accept God into ur lives as ur creator and maker before u are being condemned into a christless eternity.

The God we Christians proclaim is a living God, he is in constant communication wit those who worship him sincerely, he speaks to them and gives his Holy Spirit to them to assist them live righteously. And I tell u, there is no greater joy than these.

At the end, only a fool will say that there is no God, seek him now that u can find him.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:42am On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:
Georges lemaitre, Belgian priest and professor of physics, even the priest didn't cling to the creation theory.
In 1951,Pope Pius XII declared that Lemaître's theory provided a scientific validation for catholicism. However, Lemaître resented the Pope's proclamation, stating that the theory was neutral and there was neither a connection nor a contradiction between his religion and his theory.When Lemaître and Daniel O'Connell, the Pope's science advisor, tried to persuade the Pope not to mention Creationism publicly anymore, the Pope agreed. He persuaded the Pope to stop making proclamations about cosmology. While a devout Roman Catholic, he was against mixing science with religion,though he also was of the opinion that these two fields of human experience were not in conflict.

There can be no scientific validation for catholicism! Never, when u read stuffs written by so called professors, it doesn't guarantee that it must be always right. How on earth can someone relate the creation of catholic church to science. U have read d article right, pls shear d scientific theory here let's see hw valid ur argument is.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2016
Mailthaddeus:

There can be no scientific validation for catholicism! Never, when u read stuffs written by so called professors, it doesn't guarantee that it must be always right. How on earth can someone relate the creation of catholic church to science. U have read d article right, pls shear d scientific theory here let's see hw valid ur argument is.
I seriously don't get you. And I think this post has strayed of topic.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by donnffd(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:
Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that:

This brings the question: At time t=0 (before the big bang), was space constituent static? Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".

If that is true, how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?

Sorry, my understanding of Basic Physics is limited.

It takes a greater Faith being an Atheist!

Hi bro,

Just because the universe might have an external cause doesnt mean it automatically proves God. The fact you dont know the nature of this cause is not enough to assume that the cause is a spirit humaniod being with intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2016
donnffd:

Hi bro,

Just because the universe might have an external cause doesnt mean it automatically proves God. The fact you dont know the nature of this cause is not enough to assume that the cause is a spirit humaniod being with intelligence.
That's what I said. But its like preaching to the theist on this site is like try to fetch water with a loop of thin iron(didn't use basket since that would atleast get a little wet).
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by ValentineMary(m): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
No matter how hard u try, the best of human knowledge is mere foolishness before God. In other words, ur mortal brain cannot and never comprehend the glory and Wisdon of God.
And this was the wisdom that made him say that bats are birds, that we should kill stubborn kids, that we should kill unbelievers I guess u have a different definition for wisdom.
God created the Universe and everything else in the world, science can only speculate on this fact buh can never be sure.
Science does not claim to be sure, that's why we still do research. But religion tells us that they are sure their creation story is right. Muslims think they are right, xtians think they are right, Hindus think they are right. But science does not claim to be right and we are the ones speculating abi

For those of u who don't believe in God, what if u die and u discover that u must stand judgment before Him whom u never believed existed what will be ur fate?
What if u die and discover that Omenra is the true God what would be ur fate? u can't just pick one of the 5,000 Gods and ask what if am wrong.

My candid advice repent now and accept God into ur lives as ur creator and maker before u are being condemned into a christless eternity.
The same way a muslim would say accept Muhammed or be doomed. Why should I believe u over them?

The God we Christians proclaim is a living God, he is in constant communication wit those who worship him sincerely, he speaks to them and gives his Holy Spirit to them to assist them live righteously. And I tell u, there is no greater joy than these.

At the end, only a fool will say that there is no God, seek him now that u can find him.

All the Gods humans worship all claim to be living Gods. Why do u think ur own is special
Only a bigger fool would believe that day and night came before the Sun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

And this was the wisdom that made him say that bats are birds, that we should kill stubborn kids, that we should kill unbelievers I guess u have a different definition for wisdom.

Science does not claim to be sure, that's why we still do research. But religion tells us that they are sure their creation story is right. Muslims think they are right, xtians think they are right, Hindus think they are right. But science does not claim to be right and we are the ones speculating abi

What if u die and discover that Omenra is the true God what would be ur fate? u can't just pick one of the 5,000 Gods and ask what if am wrong.

The same way a muslim would say accept Muhammed or be doomed. Why should I believe u over them?

All the Gods humans worship all claim to be living Gods. Why do u think ur own is special
Only a bigger fool would believe that day and night came before the Sun.
well put. What makes the christian God different from the thousands out there? The only thing that favors Christianities God is it's large follower base and even these are widely divided. It's a model example of argumentum ad populum.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
.....for crissake; what's so hard in saying "I do not know"

Why must we assume supernatural forces despite the trend of supernatural forces being explained by natural mechanisms

Why must we be so receptive to ignorance and come to irrelevant conclusions

I tire; honestly.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

well put. What makes the christian God different from the thousands out there? The only thing that favors Christianities God is it's large follower base and even these are widely divided. It's a model example of argumentum ad populum.
And also an argumentum ad ignoratium

Because no one has any knowledge about it; it must be God.
Quite sad.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
I don't see how the big bang contradict anything o it says an object will continue to move at a straight line unless it's been acted upon by an external force take not @underlined Is the universe not expanding at a constant speed? What has external force got to do with this undecided

@op Ur topic doesn't make sense what has Big bang got to do with Atheism? Is that what U where taught in Church? Do U think it's all atheist that subscribe to Big bang
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:
I don't see how the big bang contradict anything o it says an object will continue to move at a straight line unless it's been acted upon by an external force take not @underlined Is the universe not expanding at a constant speed? What has external force got to do with this undecided

@op Ur topic doesn't make sense what has Big bang got to do with Atheism? Is that what U where taught in Church? Do U think it's all atheist that subscribe to Big bang
See the contradictory statements you theist make, you reiterate that nothing can come out of nothing, yet you believe God came out of nothing because he is eternal. Is that logic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by CoolUsername: 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

See the contradictory statements you theist make, you reiterate that nothing can come out of nothing, yet you believe God came out of nothing because he is eternal. Is that logic?

Science is ask about patterns, can something come out of nothing? Yes, it can. We observe this in quantum mechanics with virtual particles. Can complex structures come from simple ones spontaneously? Yes, we see this in the development of crystals and molecular self-assembly.

Now can a complex system come from nothing without going through simpler phases? I'm afraid we are yet to see that.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
CoolUsername:

Science is ask about patterns, can something come out of nothing? Yes, it can. We observe this in quantum mechanics with virtual particles. Can complex structures come from simple ones spontaneously? Yes, we see this in the development of crystals and molecular self-assembly.

Now can a complex system come from nothing without going through simpler phases? I'm afraid we are yet to see that.
does religion cloud your brain(well yes its a proven fact with most theist), You just said "Now can a complex system come from nothing without going through simpler phases?. I'm afraid we are yet to see that" so you state that nothing complex can come from nothing without going through simpler phases, yet you believe that a complex and intelligent creator can come from nothing.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
CoolUsername:

Something can never come out from noting! But energy vibrating at the right frequency forms matter I don't know where U get the idea that that something came out from noting shocked
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

Did U even read what I wrote?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Did U even read what I wrote?
My apologies. I see now, i confused you earlier for a theist trying to defend coolusername's post. I should have just read your user name.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

My apologies. I see now, i confused you earlier for a theist trying to defend coolusername's post. I should have just read your user name.
grin
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
onetrack:
We atheists make no assumptions about the origins of the universe, if there even are any origins. What you are doing is using the argument "we don't understand therefore it must be god" which I do not accept.

My point is that the Probability of a Causative Force which do not obey the known Physical laws exist. We "ignorant" Theists call this Originating and creative Force God.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

Really you guys are delving into space science now, how do you know it had no external force, for those of you with trace knowledge of space, scientist don't know if what created this universe was the first big bang or if it has happen before and what we're seeing is a new universe, in fact there's no way to tell how many big bangs might have happened. also scientist don't claim to know everything that's why they continue to do research, what we don't know today might be discovered tomorrow, unlike theist who cling to God as an explanation to everything.

If Scientists cannot be too sure and certain of the origin of the universe, then how can they be sure that there is no "Other Rules/Forces" which may not obey all our physical laws.

Here, you will notice that i talk about probability. If the premise of the Atheist is wrong, would it not be because of an obstinate conclusion of certainty over what has a probability.

if the fundamental law of Physics is broken, then there must be some other un-accounted force in operation. theists will say :that the scientifically unaccounted force is God.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by EyeHateGod: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

My point is that the Probability of a Causative Force which do not obey the known Physical laws exist. We "ignorant" Theists call this Originating and creative Force God.
They was no force to start with go and sit down! Av Already debunked Ur nonsense logic
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
Am sure the OP does not know that it was a catholic priest that proposed the big bang theory.

I have no objection to the Big bang theory. It is a known fact that the universe is expanding.

I am just using the funder mental laws of physics to probe the origin of the universe, and I am getting a conviction that at some points in time, those laws were violated.

this points me to some other forces which may not be physical. The theists will call that force God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

Every human being is entitled to his own opinion about issues. Both the Pope and his science advisors are not infallible and they may not even be an authority in the field of discourse.

My point is, even if there is a Big bang, there MUST be a causing Agent. The initiating/causing Agent is what Science is trying not to look at why? ..because at that level many known physical laws are broken. Scary isn't it?

Me, I see God setting those laws from a time/point when it does not exist to the time where it begins to take effect.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mailthaddeus:
No matter how hard u try, the best of human knowledge is mere foolishness before God. In other words, ur mortal brain cannot and never comprehend the glory and Wisdon of God. God created the Universe and everything else in the world, science can only speculate on this fact buh can never be sure.

Atheists want to force God into the Laboratory: They forget that He created the laws of nature so that He cannot be subject to the laws He created.
Why would a person gamble with his eternity over what has a finite probability?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 7:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Mailthaddeus:

Lets go back to the issue.
The Newtons first law is easy to comprehend. If there is no external force/action, there is no change!

That is, change is always as a result of an external action.
If the Universe is expanding, logic tells us that at a point in time, it must be localized. Theists have an answer for what this force is even if it is impossible to bring the force into the laboratory-GOD.

What is the Atheists explanation?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
donnffd:

Hi bro,

Hi my Friend. Quite some time.

Good! My post doesn't automatically prove the existence of a God (with volition, Intellect and Will). ...BUT it does prove that if Newtons law will remain fundamentally valid, then a force must exist which may not obey the known laws of Physical Sciences.

If that is true, is reduces drastically the PROBABILITY of Atheists presumption as a FACT that God doesn't not exist. Why should one risk ones eternity on probability?

It shows that even the fundamental laws of Physics have never been eternal.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lennycool:

That's what I said. But its like preaching to the theist on this site is like try to fetch water with a loop of thin iron(didn't use basket since that would atleast get a little wet).

Some Atheists are truly seeking for the truth. I appreciate some of them because of their depth of understanding of what they believe. Unlike we Christians, they Read and Study hard the supporting evidence against God.

Dont you see the passion with which they do evangelism on Nairaland. I wish many of us Christians are as passionate for Jesus Christ as they are. However, just like Saul of Tarsus, some of them will be saved.

Do your best in love: For even if they hate God, he still loves them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop David Abioye Sunday Messages, Wednesday And International Message For Fre / To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? / How Would You Describe Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.