Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist (1297 Views)

N2m Budgeted For Fumigation In State House Before Rats Damaged Buhari's Office / I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari / NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 9:46am On Jan 31, 2016
BETWEEN A CRIME PAST AND ONE ONGOING: THE BUHARI 30 BILLION DOLLAR BUDGETED HEIST

(If you are really a patriot and not just against an Ijaw GEJ man or PDP, if your interest is truly Nigeria's progress, you will take time to read this and go through the Buhari budget and see that while whatever GEJ did or did not do is past, THIS ONE IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN and you, APC or PDP supporter, if you care about your finances and that of your children, you will speak up and STOP THIS CRIME FROM HAPPENING instead of waiting for next admin to try to recover funds. STOP THE ANINI BUDGET NOW!!
Hear as economic genius of our generation Kalu Aja, aids us with this heads up. Hear him.)

The $30b 2016 Federal budget as proposed is simply fraudulent, there is just no way else to put it.

I had written earlier about the absence of the Education budget on the website of the Budget Office, yes there is a link to the Education budget, but click on it and it takes you to the Defense Budget. So in effect, the education is “missing”.

Undeterred, I looked at the Consolidated Budget to find the Education budget, I wish I did not.

This budget was termed and advertised as a “zero-based” budget, unfortunately, this budget is a fraud, anyone who approves or signs this budget is complicit.

Let me give you a few examples in this ‘missing” education budget, Federal Government College Garki has a cost N400,237 repeated 20 times…20 times! local transport, books, security, maintenance, etc etc etc, all the same cost for N400,237

Federal College Ijanike has N350,362 repeated 12 times, how can newspapers, cleaning, Legal, sporting etc etc etc all cost the same?

Federal College of Iket Nise as N1,278,682 repeated 8 times…. How? water, drugs, training…all cost exactly N1,278,682?

And it goes on and on and on……

Now, before you assume it’s just restricted to the Ministry of Education, the ministry with the highest allocation, the behemoth Ministry of Works, Housing and Power has a line items repeated 7 times i.e. “Generation of 700mw from Zungeru Hydropower project is duplicated 6 times!

These are just the duplication, what about the appropriateness of the expenses?

The State House Hospital, just one hospital gets more allocation than all of Nigeria teaching hospitals combined….

Let me be very clear, the State House Medical Center get a proposed capital appropriation of N3.8b, the combined total of the capital vote for ALL teaching hospitals in Nigeria is about N3.0b….no wonder the capital vote is high this year….

Could the equipment being purchased for the State House Hospital not be installed in the National Hospital, so all Nigerian can use it?

I am just disgusted….

This has implications for all of us. You see in any budget, you list your revenues, then your expenses, the difference is either a deficit or a surplus….in Nigeria case it’s a deficit, a deficit of N2.2t….to fund this N2.2t, Nigeria will borrow $25m a day, yes Twenty-Five Million Dollars a day!

you and I will pay for this borrowing, remember oil has crashed, that’s why you’re seeing “stamp duty taxes" everywhere

The defense given is that we are borrowing to fund the capital vote, to build roads and rails, this is false. We are borrowing because the recurrent vote has been bloated with numerous repeated “N400,237” and “N1,278,682”.

If the recurrent vote is properly audited and these duplication cleaned out, the difference between the revenues and expenditure will fall, and subsequently the borrowing will fall….

This budget is a fraud in intent and content, and truly I am ashamed this fraud has been presented and has been actually passed to second reading….so this will pass?

We will actually spend more capital vote on one hospital than ALL teaching hospital COMBINED?

I have to stop here; I don’t want to abuse people….To hell with your anti-corruption ……to hell with it….

see education budget here. from page 1346....http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/…/Consolidated%20Appropriati…

See other noted errors here:
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.p…/component/…/article…

By: Kalu Aja
An Economist

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 9:47am On Jan 31, 2016
Calebsky:
BETWEEN A CRIME PAST AND ONE ONGOING: THE BUHARI 30 BILLION DOLLAR BUDGETED HEIST

(If you are really a patriot and not just against an Ijaw GEJ man or PDP, if your interest is truly Nigeria's progress, you will take time to read this and go through the Buhari budget and see that while whatever GEJ did or did not do is past, THIS ONE IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN and you, APC or PDP supporter, if you care about your finances and that of your children, you will speak up and STOP THIS CRIME FROM HAPPENING instead of waiting for next admin to try to recover funds. STOP THE ANINI BUDGET NOW!!
Hear as economic genius of our generation Kalu Aja, aids us with this heads up. Hear him.)

The $30b 2016 Federal budget as proposed is simply fraudulent, there is just no way else to put it.

I had written earlier about the absence of the Education budget on the website of the Budget Office, yes there is a link to the Education budget, but click on it and it takes you to the Defense Budget. So in effect, the education is “missing”.

Undeterred, I looked at the Consolidated Budget to find the Education budget, I wish I did not.

This budget was termed and advertised as a “zero-based” budget, unfortunately, this budget is a fraud, anyone who approves or signs this budget is complicit.

Let me give you a few examples in this ‘missing” education budget, Federal Government College Garki has a cost N400,237 repeated 20 times…20 times! local transport, books, security, maintenance, etc etc etc, all the same cost for N400,237

Federal College Ijanike has N350,362 repeated 12 times, how can newspapers, cleaning, Legal, sporting etc etc etc all cost the same?

Federal College of Iket Nise as N1,278,682 repeated 8 times…. How? water, drugs, training…all cost exactly N1,278,682?

And it goes on and on and on……

Now, before you assume it’s just restricted to the Ministry of Education, the ministry with the highest allocation, the behemoth Ministry of Works, Housing and Power has a line items repeated 7 times i.e. “Generation of 700mw from Zungeru Hydropower project is duplicated 6 times!

These are just the duplication, what about the appropriateness of the expenses?

The State House Hospital, just one hospital gets more allocation than all of Nigeria teaching hospitals combined….

Let me be very clear, the State House Medical Center get a proposed capital appropriation of N3.8b, the combined total of the capital vote for ALL teaching hospitals in Nigeria is about N3.0b….no wonder the capital vote is high this year….

Could the equipment being purchased for the State House Hospital not be installed in the National Hospital, so all Nigerian can use it?

I am just disgusted….

This has implications for all of us. You see in any budget, you list your revenues, then your expenses, the difference is either a deficit or a surplus….in Nigeria case it’s a deficit, a deficit of N2.2t….to fund this N2.2t, Nigeria will borrow $25m a day, yes Twenty-Five Million Dollars a day!

you and I will pay for this borrowing, remember oil has crashed, that’s why you’re seeing “stamp duty taxes" everywhere

The defense given is that we are borrowing to fund the capital vote, to build roads and rails, this is false. We are borrowing because the recurrent vote has been bloated with numerous repeated “N400,237” and “N1,278,682”.

If the recurrent vote is properly audited and these duplication cleaned out, the difference between the revenues and expenditure will fall, and subsequently the borrowing will fall….

This budget is a fraud in intent and content, and truly I am ashamed this fraud has been presented and has been actually passed to second reading….so this will pass?

We will actually spend more capital vote on one hospital than ALL teaching hospital COMBINED?

I have to stop here; I don’t want to abuse people….To hell with your anti-corruption ……to hell with it….

see education budget here. from page 1346....http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/…/Consolidated%20Appropriati…

See other noted errors here:
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.p…/component/…/article…

By: Kalu Aja
An Economist
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmmm.

Oya over to una Aisha's Jellof rice brain fried zombies
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:00am On Jan 31, 2016
PDP, APC or whatever party affiliations people belong to, this calls for serious concern from the Nigerian people and electorate.
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by iduzebaba(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2016
Pics of the budget or anobilivam
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:04am On Jan 31, 2016
Reginald Nnoshiri wrote:

Truly an informed information welldone guys! Playing politics with the future of this nation is suicidal to say the least. But how could all those economists in both red & green chambers not pick these....
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:07am On Jan 31, 2016
iduzebaba:
Pics of the budget or anobilivam

Don't be stupid. Did you not see the link to the budget office?
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Nicur: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2016
Chai Zombies will not like this!! Op get ready they will come after you! grin

1 Like

Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:12am On Jan 31, 2016
Chibuuzo Egbuchere Wrote:

So much have been written and shared on social media, led by leading lights like you, on the many fraudulent and mind-boggling imputations in this year's budget proposal. Unfortunately, while we keep "shouting" against the 'daylight robberies' in the proposed budget, the legislators (some call them legis-looters) are going on with their considerations of the budget as it is. Really, one is not surprised as they are sure that "their interests" must have been "taken care of" through the extra zeros and "innocent duplications" added in the budget. Remember that they are the ones to oversee the implementation of the budget.

For both the originators of the budget (executive) and those to approve it (legislators) to clearly hear our numerous objections to this "on-going fraud" about to be legalised, I suggest we all choose a day (or 2days) to honk our car, trailer, danfo, keke, and motorcycle horns (including bicycle bells) at a particular time for not less than one full minute.

We should all remember that the "extra yams" about to be squandered in this budget include the taxes, vat, and customs duties we pay. It also includes the new bank charges imposed on us, the proposed increase in light bills, toll gate fees, fuel tax, etc. Upon all these, N2.2Tn is being borrowed on our heads to be squandered and, unfortunately, we must eventually have to pay for it - with the accumulated interests.

Definitely, this concerns all of us and, action is required

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2016
Nicur:
Chai Zombies will not like this!! Op get ready they will come after you! grin

I don't give a damn.
Whoever supports this must be a filth and shitty scallywag. Simpletons!
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by vikacydevato(m): 10:15am On Jan 31, 2016
I only trust God for the progress of Nigeria not any politician.
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by TheFreeOne: 10:17am On Jan 31, 2016
It is a budget of ruination -Martin Onovo

2016 budget is preposterous and fraudulent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by chriskosherbal(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Matters for naija nor because here oo
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:21am On Jan 31, 2016
The earlier this is addressed the better for us as a people.
I do not care whatever the party affiliation.
The past is past, we've learnt from it. The present is here, let's face it squarely.
These guys cannot just come and eat our future, and make us pay for what could have been avoided.
Wake up from your slumber Nigerians!
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 10:22am On Jan 31, 2016
vikacydevato:
I only trust God for the progress of Nigeria not any politician.

God does not work in a vacuum.
Help yourself and let God help you.
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by mycar: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2016
This is bad and should be condemned by all, this has been my concern all these while, APC supporters wouldn't see anything bad in it, this is not about PDP or APC, it is all about us and our future generation. I can however understand the paid agents but what about you that are not paid and do not stand to benefit from it. Your own zombie pass and should be ashamed of yourself, and to the paid ones, how much are you paid, why settle for the less?
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by EternalTruths: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2016
I hope the traitors in the South are happy especially those ones that claim to be sophisticated angry
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by juventino: 11:48am On Jan 31, 2016
The youths should open their eyes. These guys want to turn our country to Greece! Forget party affiliations and speak up.
Lalasticlala speak up too! angry angry angry
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 12:01am On Feb 01, 2016
juventino:
The youths should open their eyes. These guys want to turn our country to Greece! Forget party affiliations and speak up.
Lalasticlala speak up too! angry angry angry

They don't understand the weight of this issue.
The just concluded elections were lost and won using the social media, platforms of this nature.
I wonder why we cannot do same in order to secure our future.
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2016
mycar:
This is bad and should be condemned by all, this has been my concern all these while, APC supporters wouldn't see anything bad in it, this is not about PDP or APC, it is all about us and our future generation. I can however understand the paid agents but what about you that are not paid and do not stand to benefit from it. Your own zombie pass and should be ashamed of yourself, and to the paid ones, how much are you paid, why settle for the less?

Funny thing is either paid or not, when the chips are down everybody must suffer one way or the other.
It is still morning.
Re: Between A Crime Past & One Ongoing: The Buhari 30 Billion Dollar Budgeted Heist by Calebsky(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2016
mycar:

Funny thing is either paid or not, when the chips are down everybody must suffer one way or the other.
It is still morning.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Again Rejects The Idea Of Naira Devaluation / Caption This Hilarious Picture And Drop You Own Answer. / SOLUTION TO FULANI HERDSMEN'S KILLINGS........"STOP EATING BEEF" CAMPAIGN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.