Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,258 members, 7,849,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried (33282 Views)

Governor Wike Vs Governor Ambode - See Gobe (photos) / Rivers: Updates At The Supreme Court Wike Vs Dakuku / Live Updates: Rivers State Gov. Election Petition Verdict: Wike Vs Peterside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by M4gunners: 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
I checked what is happening on nairaland,only for me to see who created the thread. A notorious masturbater that what nothing but one party system in Nigeria. I'm out back to my football Everton is keeping me busy.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by passionate88: 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Hope, you will say this in few days time!
Will you be in Rivers State for the election?, these zombies will just stay comfortably in their house and type rubbish
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by M4gunners: 3:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
I checked what is happening on nairaland,only for me to see who created the thread. A notorious APC masturbater that what nothing but one party system in Nigeria. I'm out back to my football Everton is keeping me busy.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by StepTwo: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
jane0000:
shat up and stop disturbing people.

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by anwe: 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The supreme Court as the final arbiter, has brought to an end, a legal tussle between Nyesom Wike and Peterside Dakuku on the validity or otherwise of the election conducted in April in Rivers State by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

While I am saddened by the judgment that emanated from the Supreme Court, in which, in their "well considered" opinion, set aside the decision of the Election Tribunal and that of Appeal court on the subject matter, but affirmed The election that brought Nyesom Wike into power, as a legitimate and proper one. Though this seems in variance with public outcry both within and outside the country that followed the election, that had been described by many, as the most murderous, Violence- filled, and rigged election ever conducted anywhere in the Country. I am more worried for the fate of the opposition in the elections that are going to be held from now on.

Should The Opposition Be Worried?
I don't think many people especially of the PDP, have not realized the implication of the said judgment in the "life" of free and fair election in the Country, from now on.
It would be recalled that INEC, worried by the cases of incessant ballot snatching, tampering of voters register, snatching of result sheets and other electoral vices, genuinely came up with a masterstroke...a technology called Card Reader Machines, which sole aim was, to instill fear in the would be election riggers and also to render their "efforts" meaningless to an extent.

Consequently, to the Crédit of The Card Readers, a certain President Buhari Of the then opposition party (APC) Won an election, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo(PDP) Won election in APC filled State, Rochas Okorocha Won an election in a PDP Filled State Of Imo etc.

The implication of the Judgment:
Recall, the major ground of Nyesom Wike's Appeal, was on the non admissibility of the Card reader as a part of the election guidelines as enshrined in the Electoral Act and the 1999 constitution as amended, which the Supreme court in their opinion agreed with Wike and discarded the Use Card Readers as a part of election process.

Now what has the Apex Court done? It has returned INEC to the era of Manual accreditation and validation of voters card. It has returned everybody to the era of the "highest rigger takes all". It has energized ballot snatches. In fact it has removed every normalcy in the conduct of subsequent elections.. Yes that is what the Supreme Court has done..

So when next you hear of a political Party boasting of winning all the contested seats, it is not a fluke, it is achievable. And if you are contemplating of going to court, anyway I wish you "Supreme Court" luck..

~Miss Ngene.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you can not be wiser than all the judges at the supreme court. So your opinion is rubbish. Why was the election of ambode of lagos state and others not annulled because of card reader ?? was card reader fool proof ?? why couldn't the card reader read the thumb print of number citizen of this country
To rigging of election or thuggry or killing as you call it, it was all staged managed by APC and her agent. Just like what happened in Akwa Ibom. let there be election 100 times in these 2 states PDP will carry the day so why stage manage rigging ? President Jonathan said his ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian and he led by example. Let me ask was there no rigging in kano ? it is possible to have 1.9 million votes and no one single voided vote in kano ?
When we criticized let us be fair. it is said let's be fair in war and .......

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nellybii: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
alexlee50:
was card reader used in the north? What about the election in kano, katsina, jigawa and other states? Where they not characterised with under aged voting, intimidation, manual accredition of voters? I guess you will not see this.and who told you the whole world condemned the rivers election? Let me educate you about rigging, you rig succeefully where you have a strong base.you don't rig outside your base.this is why in the north, it was one way for APC.in the case of rivers, it is a PDP strong hold, let the election be conducted 50 times, PDP will win.

Lol how old are you?
So you mean you can only rig successfully where you are strong?? Have you heard of Federal might? Just tweet again but this time consult elders with experience before using your fingers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by temblor(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:
Pained loser... cheesy cheesy
Ngenekwenu no dry shame at all tongue

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Csami(m): 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
After crying me a swimming pool, find one beautiful live transformer and hug!

You and omenka can go to SC and change the verdict...zombies.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by olajizz01(m): 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
So,we have returned to do or die era again,if that is the case,voting is not by force during the election period.but to say the fact,that judgement get as e be.It was a bad precedence because every elections rigged will be hiding under that loophole and the opposition will suffer most
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by josite: 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
it is the supreme court judges that will have to worry my dear,buhari long held opinion about them has just been confirmed.watch out for the fallout.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by ibitzbarlow(m): 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=42487442]The supreme Court as the final arbiter, has brought to an end, a legal tussle between Nyesom Wike and Peterside Dakuku on the validity or otherwise of the election conducted in April in Rivers State by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

While I am saddened by the judgment that emanated from the Supreme Court, in which, in their "well considered" opinion, set aside the decision of the Election Tribunal and that of Appeal court on the subject matter, but affirmed The election that brought Nyesom Wike into power, as a legitimate and proper one. Though this seems in variance with public outcry both within and outside the country that followed the election, that had been described by many, as the most murderous, Violence- filled, and rigged election ever conducted anywhere in the Country. I am more worried for the fate of the opposition in the elections that are going to be held from now on.

I don't think many people especially of the PDP, have not realized the implication of the said judgment in the "life" of free and fair election in the Country, from now on.
It would be recalled that INEC, worried by the cases of incessant ballot snatching, tampering of voters register, snatching of result sheets and other electoral vices, genuinely came up with a masterstroke...a technology called Card Reader Machines, which sole aim was, to instill fear in the would be election riggers and also to render their "efforts" meaningless to an extent.

Consequently, to the Crédit of The Card Readers, a certain President Buhari Of the then opposition party (APC) Won an election, Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo(PDP) Won election in APC filled State, Rochas Okorocha Won an election in a PDP Filled State Of Imo etc.

Recall, the major ground of Nyesom Wike's Appeal, was on the non admissibility of the Card reader as a part of the election guidelines as enshrined in the Electoral Act and the 1999 constitution as amended, which the Supreme court in their opinion agreed with Wike and discarded the Use Card Readers as a part of election process.

Now what has the Apex Court done? It has returned INEC to the era of Manual accreditation and validation of voters card. It has returned everybody to the era of the "highest rigger takes all". It has energized ballot snatches. In fact it has removed every normalcy in the conduct of subsequent elections.. Yes that is what the Supreme Court has done..

So when next you hear of a political Party boasting of winning all the contested seats, it is not a fluke, it is achievable. And if you are contemplating of going to court, anyway I wish you "Supreme Court" luck..

~Miss Ngene.

Miss NgeneUkwenu, I have followed your discussions and arguments on nairaland and can say that you are both intelligent and partisan. You are a fervent APC supporter. Your observations though factual are not entirely true. I would rather you proffer a solution to the problem you have painted in your piece rather than promote electoral violence (Note: in response to your post some have started calling for fire and brimstones). My submission in view of the Supreme Court ruling in the case of Wike vs Dakuku, which is constitent with the ruling of the case between Agbaje and Ambode and in sync with the position of the law is:

1. Instead of the ruling to encourage electoral violence and ballot snatching as you predicted, it should rather task the ruling party/FG/INEC to liaise with the NASS to quickly incorporate the use of the card readers in the Electoral Act. This way, the card reader use will have the blessing and protection of the law and prevent politicians from circumventing it's use.
2. The ruling, methinks, would discourage the purchase and or currying of judgements from the lower courts/tribunals and the Appeal court if the protagonists know that justice will always be served at the end of the day via the Supreme Court.
3. Finally, I think politicians especially those seeking justice in the courts would be encouraged to acquire or secure evidences from the field and not rely on sentiments or a few bloggers'/reporters' reports of pockets of violence in an election.

PS.
I always try to see the positives in every situation. Jega introduced the card readers, the Current INEC Boss should see to its inclusion in the Electoral Act so that we move our elections to the next level.

Thanks.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by maxzzo1(m): 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Non sense!!!!!
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by qtx(m): 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
SmartChoices:

Quit wailing...
lol

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by alexlee50: 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nellybii:

Lol how old are you?
So you mean you can only rig successfully where you are strong?? Have you heard of Federal might? Just tweet again but this time consult elders with experience before using your fingers.
I find the question about my age quite amusing.anyway that question should be for you.notice how I started on the rigging issue, I started by saying let me educate you about rigging. Have you gone to vote before or participated as the agent of any political party? If you have been following the trend from 1999 till date, you will find out there has been a lot of improvement in the electoral system.on the issue of rigging, you can only rigg successfully in places that are your strong holds outside that it would fail.take the recent bayelsa election for instance, there is no way APC could have won election there because it is a PDP strong hold, federal might or not.if PDP comes with astronomical results even when voter turnout is low, you can't fault because that is their strong hold.this accounted for the astronomical results we had in the north.let's go to edo state, edo central which is ishan land has 3 local governments.even when the rest of the state was won by opposition parties, PDP still won esan land because it is their strong hold.so rivers election, if done 50 times, PDP will still win.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by emmykk(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dear Miss Ngene,

Before you mislead un-informed Nigerians, let me explain a point to you and to those that will want to listen.

Before the 2015 general election, card readers was an issue of debate,there were insufficent equipment,poor working state of some card readers,unskill manpower to mar the card readers,there were rally against the card reader across nigeria,you could recur that it was after the elongation of the time of collecting card reader that Governor el-rufia got his card,things were vere worst.

At the national assembly,the situation was that most senators believed the card reader should be suspended because of the difficult of the technology to give 100 percent results, but Jega the then inec chairman insist on it.

While southern electorate like in port harcourt where i voted was expecting card reader to be able to vote,north like kano was already voting with and without card readers

the same jega held a press conference later,were he approved manual voting on the same election he once argue card reader is a must.This is one blunder Gej overlooked,if Gej had insist in court that there is a shift of rule by inec on election day, buhari would not have been president.

Buhari, is the No1 beneficiary of votes without card reader,so is wike,your rochas and many APC and PDP governors,this is why Lagos PDP lost to Apc because they wanted votes without card reader to be cancelled.but the supreme court luck favour amode.

It is from that wisdom precedent that the wike group benefited from your supreme court luck and not the nonsense you are suggesting or writting here.

The supreme since they have favor buhari and amode,accepting votes out side card reader,it is only wise for them to uphold wike or it would have be foolish for them to judge otherwise.

As for future election been bloody buhari need to step up the use of card readers
NgeneUkwenu:
The supreme Court as the final arbiter, has brought to an end, a legal tussle between Nyesom Wike and Peterside Dakuku on the validity or otherwise of the election conducted in April in Rivers State by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

~Miss Ngene.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by anwo247: 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Stupid post..... simply because Wike won? grin grin grin grin grin grin; grin grin grin grin grin grin grin APC and hypocrisy
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by tefund(m): 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:
[s][/s]

shatap
mod ban this terrorist.....just take a look at his signanature
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by qtx(m): 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

~Miss Ngene.

You seem to be in a hurry to show your sadness over the verdict. Why not wait patiently to see the Supreme Court's reasons for the judgement first before faulting them.
Perhaps what you fail to understand is that the Law is different from Morality.
Which election has never witnessed violence in this country before?
But you must realise that judgement cant be based on newspapers , TV clips or even sentiments alone.
The court looks beyond that ,expecting that after submitting your evidence no matter how real, you will need to prove beyond reasonable doubt all the evidence and link them to the fact that they have affected the overall result output.
Besides, electoral act is just the laws regulating election in Nigeria, maybe all you also need to remember is that the constitution is the supreme law which has to watch and override every other laws in the country where necessary.
Hence, i think this your article came too early.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by kasay: 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
@Op, Thank you and God bless you.

Your post perfectly mirrors and echoes my thoughts and reflection on the strange supreme Court judgement.

Its because of persons like yourself, Barcanista, Omenka and few other analyst with uncommon insight that keeps bringing me to NL.

Going by the infantile,pedestrian, irrational and uniform post and comments I read frequently on NL, I would have deactivated my account.

Welldone and more knowledge Ops.
You are a great lady.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by momentoftruth: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

~Miss Ngene.

hahaha you never see something, its obvious you are paid APC agent believe me your future generations will suffer for what you are doing, no amount of money you make now will save your grand children mark my words
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nellybii: 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
alexlee50:
I find the question about my age quite amusing.anyway that question should be for you.notice how I started on the rigging issue, I started by saying let me educate you about rigging. Have you gone to vote before or participated as the agent of any political party? If you have been following the trend from 1999 till date, you will find out there has been a lot of improvement in the electoral system.on the issue of rigging, you can only rigg successfully in places that are your strong holds outside that it would fail.take the recent bayelsa election for instance, there is no way APC could have won election there because it is a PDP strong hold, federal might or not.if PDP comes with astronomical results even when voter turnout is low, you can't fault because that is their strong hold.this accounted for the astronomical results we had in the north.let's go to edo state, edo central which is ishan land has 3 local governments.even when the rest of the state was won by opposition parties, PDP still won esan land because it is their strong hold.so rivers election, if done 50 times, PDP will still win.

I have people in Rivers and before Wikes election they said Dakuku will win but it will be rigged in favour of Wike.So it happened. Here am surprised you talk as if APC or Dakuku are zero in Rivers. So how did APC win all LG chairman seat before Wike? Educate me.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by kinibigdeal(m): 4:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

~Miss Ngene.

i find it out to read out sense from your post. Sorry about that but you just confuse yourself
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Sultanchidi(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Bt i taught PDP supporters are called wailing wailers bt it seems APC supporters ar gradually inheriting dat name. Y ar dey crying over spilled milk and hoping 2 ring d next election
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by kinibigdeal(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nellybii:

I have people in Rivers and before Wikes election they said Dakuku will win but it will be rigged in favour of Wike.So it happened. Here am surprised you talk as if APC or Dakuku are zero in Rivers. So how did APC win all LG chairman seat before Wike? Educate me.

APC are zero in rivers, in short Dakuku and Ameachi remains a minority in River state. APC created the said violence to discredit the election, they hired various foreign activist and lodge them in a certain hotel in portharcourt. Ameachi lost is ground in river state since when he join APC and is tussle with the judiciary. Ameachi is a bad loser..the said LG election was illegal that was why wike canceled it
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
what stops the use of card reader entrenched in the electoral act?
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
bloodkiIler:

Hehehehehehe i can recall how omenka was boasting how they'll take rivers but i told him to forget about it but he no gree grin
please tell him or her to check BP before he or she falls into comma
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by daftpikin: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

But at least you agreed, the Use of Card readers are now in the past! The field is wide opened now!

Thanks to the APC
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
@Poster Rochas did not win election, If PMB election was rigged how can Kano return without any void vote. Let us stop there.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by chudyboy05(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Miss wailer,how market?
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by playtheblues(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Card reader that is not in the Nigerian Constitution is what you are using as a yardstick. Are you ok?

By the way why shouldn't APC be worried about the Supreme Court judgement in Lagos State Election Tribunal which is a similar judgement to that of Rivers State and served as a precedent in Rivers Tribunal case?

If I catch you there I will give you 25 strokes of the cane.
NgeneUkwenu:

~Miss Ngene.

Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Politicowizard(m): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
I like your submissions. But why are you so sad on the verdict of supreme court regarding wike/ Dakuku? why are u making these submissions now. where were you when thesame supreme court upheld the election of Ambode of Lagos State. why didn't you write this post then? Better still, do you want supreme court to play double standards ?
Ngenukwenu( Name of one of the deities in my locality), stop making some to buy into your idea. must every one be a hipocrite! And there is no way mere Electoral Guidelines will subsist Electoral Act.
if we are desirous to have better electoral process, the use of card readers or whatever better technology that will not disenfranchise Nigerians as characterized by card readers should be integrated into the electoral law of the country.
Re: Supreme Court Ruling: Wike Vs Peterside: Why The Opposition Should Be Worried by Nellybii: 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
kinibigdeal:

APC are zero in rivers, in short Dakuku and Ameachi remains a minority in River state. APC created the said violence to discredit the election, they hired various foreign activist and lodge them in a certain hotel in portharcourt. Ameachi lost is ground in river state since when he join APC and is tussle with the judiciary. Ameachi is a bad loser..the said LG election was illegal that was why wike canceled it

APC is zero even in Dakuku s village. lol.
You are too funny. Just save this conversation and we continue after Saturday's election. I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christian Udogu Slumps And Dies (Rivers Police Deputy Spokesman) / EndSARS Memorial: Protester Arrested During Interview At Lekki Toll Gate (Video) / Dapo Abiodun Meets Tinubu In Paris (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.