Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

What Color Is God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Color Is God ? (1078 Views)

What Color Is Your Robe? / Nigerians, What Is God Doing About Our Current Problems / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Color Is God ? by ovoxo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
[img]http://3.bp..com/-YJNSsnJNs8Q/VqkOWl2CIEI/AAAAAAAAAE4/lk9Oik-DtoA/s320/TMPDOODLE1453919780927.jpg[/img]

That's the question that i asked one of my friends yesterday. Obviously taken aback by that question he looked at me, wide-eyed and repeated the question to himself, three times. Then after like what seemed forever, he replied with a shrug of the shoulder that "God is white". When i asked him the reason for his reply he told me that he imagined God should be white and God being black would look quite "odd".

The reason for this would probably be because of the fact that from infancy, we were exposed to some things that depicted God as being a white man and this seemed to have stuck to our brains.

For instance, i know for sure that when we were much younger, our parents (christain parents) bought for us, certain books that told bible stories. In these books, God would be drawn as a white man (having white skin,blue eyes, blonde and wavy hair, and a well trimmed moustache.)Also the Films or CDs (especially cartoons) that spoke on bible related matters also illustrated God in this way.

All these kind of created a mental picture of God as a white man anytime that word is mentioned. I know that as you're reading this you may say to yourself that God doesn't have a color because he is a spirit. But if he was a spirit, then how did those who produced those bible CDs get his picture or how did those who produced those bible books get him to"strike a pose" because as we all know, spirits aren't meant to be seen.

You may also say that "God is the color of water". But isn't water supposed to be colorless??

Now, with all my rigmarole on topic of discourse, you may want to know what colori think God is.

Well, as for me, i see "My" God as a black man. Yes! A black man. The reason is because i want a God who can identify with my roots. A God that probably speaks my dialect, and most importantly, a God that is aware of the travails of the African continent and the African people. Not a God that puts me on voicemail anytime i call to him (seriously, white people like putting people on voice mail!!)

source; http://ayomideblog..in/2015/11/what-color-is-God.html
Re: What Color Is God ? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Answer - Amber...

Ezekiel 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
Re: What Color Is God ? by xMrPx(m): 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
When a man begin to find out what killed his father, u know his end is near.
A dog that's about to die looses his sense of smell
The fool says in his heart, there is no God.
Re: What Color Is God ? by ifenes(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Muafrika2:
Answer - Amber...

Ezekiel 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

That is a description of a fly craft.

1 Like

Re: What Color Is God ? by ifenes(m): 2:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
xMrPx:

Do not be scared to ask questions. The answers may free your from the shackles of ignorance. Mysteries are unanswered question. The wise says there is no god out very loud,for all to hear.

2 Likes

Re: What Color Is God ? by wtfCode: 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
tell me God's parents and i'll tell u his colour
Re: What Color Is God ? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

That is a description of a fly craft.

Pay attention to this part:

"..., from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, ..."
Re: What Color Is God ? by ifenes(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Muafrika2:

Pay attention to this part:

"..., from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, ..."

From the exhaust. This is a cave man trying to describe a flying craft. Notice the several use of Similes.

1 Like

Re: What Color Is God ? by urahara(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
xMrPx:

The wise one says it out loud
Re: What Color Is God ? by ovoxo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
i did not write this post as a means to blaspheme. it is a product of my pondering on the mystery of the supreme being. i am not an atheist, so this post should not be considered as atheistic in nature.
Re: What Color Is God ? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifenes:

From the exhaust. This is a cave man trying to describe a flying craft. Notice the several use of Similes.

It was a vision of a spirit.

As an expert in things like Kabala how do the spirits you have encountered in your supernatural experiments look like?
Re: What Color Is God ? by ifenes(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Muafrika2:

It was a vision of a spirit.

As an expert in things like Kabala how do the spirits you have encountered in your supernatural experiments look like?

We are all Spirits experiencing the physical. We are physical because we are vibrating at a lower frequency which matches this physical plane. If the frequency change the spirit(energy) will experience something else.

Those who have encounters with "spirit beings" or "high frequency beings" are those who have mastered the art of shifting their energy to match such beings. This is the simplest way I can put it,otherwise it is confusing to the common man.

1 Like

Re: What Color Is God ? by johnw74: 2:03am On Feb 01, 2016
The appearance of fire - of amber is neither white or black
He is not the God of white people or the God of black people
He is the God of all people who come to Christ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Proof That Christianity Is A Lie / Malachi 3:10 Versus Micah 3:11 / Wow!!! What Is Ifa? (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.