Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Spirituality Vs Reality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality Vs Reality (470 Views)

Expectation Vs Reality. Christianity Why? / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality Vs Reality by toys2seven(m): 7:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
SPIRITUALITY VS REALITY

A conversation ensued between an older friend (late 40’s) and myself about some personal issues. These life issues were patterning to her and after the conversation, with the aid of research and internet scrambling, I was able to map out logical and strategic steps on how to go about issues like that. A week later, I presented my proposal to my friend and she said she had gone for prayers and the consultant… sorry, I mean the clergy had told her what to do. Well, that should even be better I thought but out of curiosity, I asked what the clergy advised. The answer was shocking… Fast and pray for twenty-one days. Finish? Really? You’re sure he didn’t add anything else?

My proposal would only take fourteen days from start to finish but she politely discarded it as she was bent on going spiritual which wasn’t even a bad thing, except… well, let me hold it. Now, that made me remember a question I raised in a bible study class about Kleptos (you know, Kleptomaniacs).

So I said, for instance in western countries, a teen is kleptomaniac and the conclusion is that it’s a naturally condition and the teen needs to be taken to rehab for reorientation. So he/she is taken to rehab while in Africa, a teen is kleptomaniac and the conclusion is that a demon has possessed the teen. He/she needs to be taken to the mountain for intense deliverance session(s) and he’s carried off.

Let’s assume it was indeed a demonic attack (since we are Africans). Is there something they did to the demon at the rehab (in the case of the western teen) that made it uncomfortable and leave the body of the host or are we just too spiritual minded in Africa that we forget that not everything is spiritual?

That innocently asked simple question turned the bible study class to a debate room for around half an hour. Africans over emphasize spirituality at the expense of reality. A girl isn’t married at thirty-five, she’s always at the front seat at the yearly MFM ‘Power Must Change Hands’ deliverance prayer yet her friends have stopped visiting her house because of how dirty it is and her dress sense is a throwback to the early 70’s. At least she’s not the guy that claims his father’s other wives are not allowing him get a job for four years and has refused to learn a skill or go into business and just because he studied Physics or industrial chemistry, he’s patiently waiting for the day Shell or Chevron would come calling; so in the meantime, he’s on the mountain observing a 40 days fasting and prayer session against some probably innocent women going about their daily petty trade.

Read on: http://www.maturemindstalk.com/2016/01/spirituality-vs-reality.html

Happy Sunday.

(1) (Reply)

BOYS: Ways To Stop Looking At Women / Kirk Franklin / Did God Really Created Heaven And Earth In 7 Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.