Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,662 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made (3398 Views)

Father Mbaka And The Silence Ofthe Change Agenda /fulani Attacks In Enugu / The Romantic Relationship Between Rev.father Ejike Mbaka And Pres.buhari. / Why Is Lai Mohammed, Tinubu, Fr. Mbaka And Other Critics Turn Deaf And Dumb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
As the recent transfer of the famous Enugu Catholic priest Reverend Father Ejike Camillus Mbaka is generating a lot of controversy even in political circles this sunday - with Muhammadu buhari's APC condemning the transfer - I just realized something half-funny and half-serious. May be this can get on our lighter sides and balance up the heat being generated.

This is my little discovery: There is a convention in the Nigerian media where famous people are identified by initials (just as we have OBJ, IBB, GEJ, etc). Since Buhari became president (in fact when it was becoming obvious he could become), it was clear the Nigerian media was struggling with the initials to use for him. At a time, it was GMB which stands for 'General Muhammadu Buhari'. But, it seems some sections of the media considered the title of 'General' inappropriate for a civilian president of a democratic nation. So, we began to see PMB replacing GMB where PMB stands for President Muhammadu Buhari.

But, I can see some reservations regarding this too. The question might be, "after Buhari leaves office, will PMB still be appropriate?" So, what can we replace PMB with so that we can still refer to him as we do other past heads of state?

Now, this is my suggestion: Let's just use Mr MB (or is he an Alhaji?). There is no clause in the constitution that said it must be three-letter initials. And you know what? Father MBaka could also become known in the media as Father MB. Meanwhile, I must use this opportunity to commend the two MBs for helping with their new friendship to bridge the religious divides that have so often threatened the peace of our country.

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by TippyTop(m): 8:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
My own discovery is that both of them are APC members.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
And how do you arrive at the MB in the father mbaka name?
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Ebay14(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
RightBoo:
And how do you arrive at the MB in the father mbaka name?

MB aka i guess
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ebay14:

MB aka i guess

That means is no longer initials but name abbreviation.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
RightBoo:

That means is no longer initials but name abbreviation.

Initials (especially according to Nigerian media convention) is not always from first letters. They are sometimes created from the person's name in a way to just make calling it easy. OBJ for 'Obasanjo' is a good example here.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by benval40(m): 12:44am On Feb 01, 2016
C mbaka china white. End tym reverend father. Most nigeria pastors/imams hav turned politician..... Pastors na him dey give respect pass and dem dey do bad bad bad tins, tru jesus christ our lord amen amen amen (singing Fela) i luv Fela... Mbaka is a thief.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 01, 2016
benval40:
i luv Fela... Mbaka is a thief.
Thanx a lot for loving Fela. We all love him. Now, give us just ONE reason why you are so sure "MBAKA IS A THIEF". Note that as you love Fela, there are people who love Mbaka, and you owe them an explanation. Imagine someone else saying 'Fela is a thief' without explanation. Be very honest to yourself here if indeed you're a true friend of Fela.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by vicadex07(m): 3:51am On Feb 01, 2016
benval40:
C mbaka china white. End tym reverend father. Most nigeria pastors/imams hav turned politician..... Pastors na him dey give respect pass and dem dey do bad bad bad tins, tru jesus christ our lord amen amen amen (singing Fela) i luv Fela... Mbaka is a thief.

Brainless fool. So he is a theif for being the only clergy man that correctly predicted Jonathans defeat in the whole of Nigeria abi?

While all of his mates like oritsejafor were busy deceiving jonathan and collecting millions of dollars from him he was the only one that stood his ground and risked everything to tell Nigerians the truth which later came to pass. And yet you call him theif?
Calling you a foool is an understatement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 01, 2016
Freelanswer:

Initials (especially according to Nigerian media convention) is not always from first letters. They are sometimes created from the person's name in a way to just make calling it easy. OBJ for 'Obasanjo' is a good example here.

OBJ can never be an initial for obasanjo rather is a name abbreviation for it. Don't get it twisted.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by M4gunners: 4:45am On Feb 01, 2016
Dis discovery no make sense at all. Mbaka is just mixing his calling with politics, which is not good.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by chriskosherbal(m): 5:04am On Feb 01, 2016
Really!!!! See below link
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by tartar9(m): 5:23am On Feb 01, 2016
was this why you opened a thread sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by eunisam: 5:32am On Feb 01, 2016
this is funny of the funnest
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 01, 2016
RightBoo:

OBJ can never be an initial for obasanjo rather is a name abbreviation for it. Don't get it twisted.

I see your point. The bone (or the flesh) of contention here is the word 'initial' which of course means initial (or first) letters. @Rightboo, talk true: u be lawyer?
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 01, 2016
M4gunners:
Dis discovery no make sense at all.

eunisam:
this is funny of the funniest

See life o! e no make sense to one person and e be 'funny of the funniest' to another person. Mhm! Life nawa o!
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 01, 2016
Freelanswer:

I see your point. The bone (or the flesh) of contention here is the word 'initial' which of course means initial (or first) letters. @Rightboo, talk true: u be lawyer?

Funny.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2016
vicadex07:

Brainless fool...
Calling you a foool is an understatement.

Be angry but do not sin (Ephesians 4:26). Two wrongs don't make a right (everybody). madness+madness=madnesses (mathematicians)
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 01, 2016
RightBoo:

Funny.

Oga, you dey dodge my question. You be lawyer? In case person wan drag one piece of land wey I get for Banana Island. Abeg kidnappers, na lie I lie like this o! Abeg o, I no get ransome o.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by orisa37: 8:56am On Feb 01, 2016
It's either MB,Mohammed Buhari or SMB. Let's make him a Sheik, so he can be Sheik Mohammed Buhari. Abubakar Abdulsalami is just AA.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by orisa37: 9:29am On Feb 01, 2016
Buhari s acronym should be MB, meaning Mohammed Buhari like AA stands for Abubakar Abdulsalami Or SMB for either Sheik Mohammed Buhari or Strong Man Buhari. Father Mbaka shall soon be made Pope of the Chrislam Association of Nigeria.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by DjAndroid: 9:57am On Feb 01, 2016
Op, Buhari himself dropped the General from his title.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2016
DjAndroid:
Op, Buhari himself dropped the General from his title.

Serious? But he can't erase the 'generalness' from his life and person.
Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Babacele: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2016
Thrash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by Naijji: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
You no like megabyte

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by collinsVP: 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
CRAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Mbaka And General Muhammadu Buhari: A Little Discovery I Just Made by gebest: 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
REV'D FATHER MBAKA I LOVE U AND WILL CONTINUE TO LOVE YOU FOR ALWAYS STANDING BY THE TRUTH, DONT WORRY UR GOING THERE IS FOR SIGNS AND WONDERS AND IS GOING TO BE TEMPORAL. GOD HAS A REASON FOR IT, JUST CHEER UP.

(1) (Reply)

Those That Are Supporting Buhari, Do They Go To The Same Market With Me / Satellite Photo Of Nigerian Cities And Towns / Goodbye To Nairaland From Tonight. This Is Anti-igbo Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.