Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria (13920 Views)

The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by dammy13(m): 2:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
Undergraduate scholarships have been a wonderful tool to help students, who would not otherwise have found it easy to complete their university education, due to financial constraints.

The first step for most is to apply and hope they get the scholarships. Yet, many have tried to get without success, why is this the case? And how can can you guarantee your own success?

1. Begin Early
Most students do not know about the undergraduate scholarships until they are in their second or even third year of school, by which time they have already lost out on scholarships they could have been getting since their first year, and they may not have the CGPA to apply. So how can you fight this? Start immediately you gain admission.

2. Maintain Good Grades
Most scholarships require that you maintain a good grade of at least 3.0 or higher. So you have to study hard from your first year of school. This conditional scholarships also help you to stay focused and keep getting good grades till you graduate.

3. Apply Early
Most students leave application until it is too late. Most scholarships have wide publicity, with millions applying yearly. So if you apply early, the chances that you will qualify is higher. So once you get the scholarship alerts, rush down to apply.

4. Follow up
Do you register for scholarships and then go to sleep? No. Keep checking there website and this website regularly to keep you informed about the selection process or any examinations that will be written.

Wish you the very best in life.

http://lazyreporta.com/4-easy-ways-get-undergraduate-scholarship-nigeria-must-read/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Estacy22: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
Could you please provide some sites of the scholarship? Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by weblogo: 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
nice
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by merit12(f): 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by nonso88(m): 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Space Booked. Make I Chop First
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by swhiss: 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Did all of that...nothing still come out cry

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by FACTUALLYE(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
k
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by profkezzy(m): 4:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Noted.
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Check My Signature
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Lists all those websites that offer scholarship to undergraduate students if anyone is currently on.

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by teewai3(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
nice!!
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Trojan2010: 4:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Most scholarships are for students in their second year. If you know of any for students in 300 level and above pls share with us
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Nipeks(m): 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Estacy22:

Visit http://www.postscroll.com/threads/39/how-to-apply-for-schorlarships-nigeria-students-
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by dammy13(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
Check on our blog http://lazyreporta.com for scholarship updates and stay updated for more updates.
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by emmyw(m): 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cool
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Wenebadu(f): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pls post the sites for the scholarship am in 200level i need it
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by tophee(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
.com is the best I can recommend, I can affirm
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by classicdude1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
Estacy22:
google scholastical
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
I haven't been able to get any scholarship as a result of my course; Genetics and Biotechnology.
I and my close friends(microbiology and Genetics) who collectively as First Class students haven't seen any scholarship stating any of the biological sciences. At most, I saw medicine and pharmacy.

I wouldn't fully blame as most of the firms offering the scholarships are oil and gas firms. Engineering students are indeed lucky and well opportuned as 9 out of 10 scholarships state Engineering courses as a requirement.

Good luck to any applying. smiley

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by jbreezy: 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Noted...
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2016
Let me book my space here...I think nigerianuniversityscholarship.com is a good site that gives scholarship alert
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by adedam007(m): 7:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
T
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by banom(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
@ op. Nigeria scholarship is upside down, and an organized fraud. Imagine those who run some of this scholarships demanding 500k from an applicant before he can be selected for scholarship. If someone has 500k to pay some one , what else will he be needing scholarship for ?

Scholarship is a social scheme aimed at helping resourceful, talented and brilliant individuals whose barrier to achieving their goals is fund. But here the opposite is the case, those who run this scholarship mostly give it to their own people, and children and relations of government officials and well connected individuals. Obviously, people who have no need for the scholarship.
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by kingobozy: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
So true @Op
I just wrote a scholarship exam last week saturday. Don't even know how to follow up. They didnt tell us specifically how they will get back to us. I'm starting to think it was all a scam. >sad >sad
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Kellyakon(f): 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pls i need your advice, NLs, i am a ND holder (Comp Science) i graduated last year, and i am thinking of purchasing theJAMB form because i want to pursue a degree in an Agric related course, but my Dad sees it as a waste of time after spending two years he thinks that goingfor HND or DE is a better option, but the course i read and the course i want to finish off with are not related. I am currently on my one year compulsory IT, and JAMB just extended their registration, what do you think i should do?

Plus remember i am getting old.
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by marycool18(f): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Oh yeah
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Iceprincehkn(m): 11:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Are there scholarship opportunities for polytechnic students?
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by Adex097: 5:01am On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmm... Scholarships are sweet o grin. thumbs up to MTNF cool
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by fattbabakay(m): 7:30am On Feb 02, 2016
okay
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by herbert7: 8:18am On Feb 02, 2016
Get admitted in Philippines universities and pay lesser fee,the visa is guaranteed.

Requirements are waec/neco, including your passport data page.
Master program, transcripts of records.

Benefits of studying in Philippines.
Low tuitions (tuition paid on arrival)
Good standard of education
Low cost of living
Good people and friendly
Univs are all accredited and recognised worldwide
Easy visa processing. And very fast academic calendar.

For an assistance kindly contact or watsapp +639064799790 or +639186574594
herbertmols@yahoo.com

God bless.
Yours Albert.
Re: 4 Easy Ways To Get An Undergraduate Scholarship In Nigeria by freddaboh(m): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
dammy13:
Undergraduate scholarships have been a wonderful tool to help students, who would not otherwise have found it easy to complete their university education, due to financial constraints.

The first step for most is to apply and hope they get the scholarships. Yet, many have tried to get without success, why is this the case? And how can can you guarantee your own success?

1. Begin Early
Most students do not know about the undergraduate scholarships until they are in their second or even third year of school, by which time they have already lost out on scholarships they could have been getting since their first year, and they may not have the CGPA to apply. So how can you fight this? Start immediately you gain admission.

2. Maintain Good Grades
Most scholarships require that you maintain a good grade of at least 3.0 or higher. So you have to study hard from your first year of school. This conditional scholarships also help you to stay focused and keep getting good grades till you graduate.

3. Apply Early
Most students leave application until it is too late. Most scholarships have wide publicity, with millions applying yearly. So if you apply early, the chances that you will qualify is higher. So once you get the scholarship alerts, rush down to apply.

4. Follow up
Do you register for scholarships and then go to sleep? No. Keep checking there website and this website regularly to keep you informed about the selection process or any examinations that will be written.

Wish you the very best in life.

http://lazyreporta.com/4-easy-ways-get-undergraduate-scholarship-nigeria-must-read/

I was a beneficiary of TOTAL FINA ELF OPL 222 scholarship in my undergraduate days. Proudly a scholar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Cancels Disparity In Federal Colleges’ Admission Requirements / Lagos Business School MBA Vs Fed Universities' MBA / Biometric Scanners And Offline License For Jamb Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.