Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? (2765 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 10:23am On Jul 01, 2009
Okija_juju:

Talk about design flaws!!

How coukd anyone argue that the human body was a perfect design. shocked

I wonder what kind of "perfect" design is this that has diseases like cancer embedded in its genetic material.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by mazaje(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
bindex:

And I read with absolute amazement the apologetics of this deluded fool who call himself a "scientist" but has keeps shwoing that he is am embarrassment to his peer.

Are you completely stupid? How on earth will some one that knows anything about lung disease talk life this According to theAmerican lung association Lung disease and other breathing problems constitute one of the[b] leading causes of death in babies younger than one year old[/b]. Do the babies smoke cigarette? What about chronic lung disease such as asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) otherwise known as emphysema and chronic bronchitis are they caused by cigarette smoking too? You are a disgrace.

A perfect designer will make them to act as a medium of gas exchange so that they will be more efficient.

Are these the only causes of arterial blockage? What about Genetic or family history,Air pollution,Eating processed foods,Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils,Diabetes etc. . Is it your grand designer that designed the arteries so that arterial blockage can be passed genetically? Why does teflon have to be used as a temporary surrogate in emergency situations in the first place? A grand designer will design the arteries with with a teflon like material so that there wont be arterial blockage in the first place.

A more efficient digestive system will function is such a way that it will not only absorb food but also prevent diseases of the digestive track like Cholera, Colorectal cancer and peptic ulcer.

So many things are wrong with our eyes it could be better designed to be as sharp as that of an eagle or a hawk. The process of image formation is so poor hence it leads to many people to be born with natural eye defects. Our eyes could be better designed like that of the octopus where the photoreceptor cells in the eye of the octopus point toward the incoming light unlike ours where our own rod cells and cone cells point backwards and absorb light reflecting from the back of the eye which causes a lot of problems because its not every bodies eyes that can do that hence the natural eye defects.

And you believe you have made any point? What can be learnt from your own post? How have the nonsense you have written here negate the fact that 25-50 of conceptions spontaneously abort? Chromosomal abnormalities are found in more than half of embryos miscarried in the first 13 weeks. A pregnancy with a genetic problem has a 95% chance of ending in miscarriage.Most chromosomal problems happen by chance, have nothing to do with the parents Is it your grand designer that designed the female reproductive system with such vulnerabilities? Amongst the etiology of spontaneous abortions are certain viruses most notably cytomegalovirus, herpesvirus, parvovirus, and rubella virus—or from disorders that can cause sporadic or recurrent abortions (eg, chromosomal or mendelian abnormalities, luteal phase defects) is it your grand designer that designed all these too? Cause for spontaneous abortion is often unknown

Did you just type this because you wanted to say something or because you really wanted to present a case for your imaginary grand designer? So what if the risk of spontaneous abortion goes up significantly in older women? Why didn't your imaginary grand designer design a better reproductive system for women that will make sure that spontaneous abortion does not affect about 25-50% of conceptions?

Are chromosomal problems which happen by chance and which have nothing to do with the parents normal human problems? .

What is this nonsense? Are you hear to show your "knowledge" of biology or to make a case for your imaginary grand designer? Are pimples part of the grand design . Are body odour and pimples part of your grand designers design?

Yet scurvy still affects a lot of children no?

. A grand designer will create a body that does NOT need to go out and get vitamin D. It will be naturally provided or manufactured in the system the way dogs produce vitamin C naturally.

What has this got to do with the fact that the male testicles are outside the body and not inside and better protected?

This has nothing to do with the fact that the human testis are located out side the body and less protected than other internal organs.

I am talking about location and the level of protection compared to other internal organs.

What is this? Is it the grand designer that created the teeth to be constantly producing plaque and tarta which give us cavities in our teeth? A grand designer will do no such thing. A grand designer will not even design a teeth that needs toothpaste. Lions do not brush their teeth do they?

Sure a grand designer will design the human eyes to be as sharp as that of an eagle.

What kind of grand designer is that that designs such a poor system that that makes sure that parents pass on diseases like cancer and HIV to their offsprings? . Humans that devise ways to stop the transfer of diseases like HIV from parents to offsprings are far better designers and would have designed a better system.

. No the reproductive system which produced fools like you who can not read simple sentences and understand. The world populations has been growing due to advancement in the field of medicine and reproductive sciences. Is it your grand designer that causes some babies to stay in breech positions and have their umbilical cord tied around their necks? What about the painful process it self that man has been able to ameliorate with the use of epidural?

Did you fool ever wonder why your imaginary grand designer did not design a human system that is not vulnerable to obesity in the first place. what about congenital heart defect that affects mostly new borns? did you grand designer design that too? What about coronary heart disease that people with menopause are vulnerable to or which is transferred genetically (heredity)? I asked why the grand designer did not design the heart so that heart diseases are not one of the number one killer and you come up with this nonsense?

If the immune system works people will not be infected with chicken pox in the first place. if the immune system works there will be no need for vaccinations in the first place. Is it your grand designer that designed an inefficient immune system such as hours that need the supports of vaccines and drugs? Learn to read and understand before ejaculating like a known nothing slowpoke.

What about the genetic material of humans that carry cancer? natural birth defects and the inability of our immune system to fight off all kinds of germs and diseases?

Much MORE better than the way the human body is designed.

Sure they all have their flaws they could have been far better designed.

I can't believe you are asking me these, i said that there are over 4000 known birth defects and you are asking me to tell you ? . Ok here are some. Limb reduction defects, Down syndrome, Autism, Polydactyly, preaxial, Indeterminate sex, Cleft lip with or without cleft palate, Transposition of great vessels, Hypoplastic left heart syndrome, Spina bifida, Transposition of great vessels, Albinism, Cystic kidney, Renal agenesis and Diaphragmatic hernia. Here are just a few of them. Did your grand designer design them too?

Chances are 99% of them are down to us!

Evolutions has provided satisfactory answers to all these. You can write a scientific paper and present it to the members of the national academy of sciences who all believe in it's explanations for all the things you have outlined and debunk its claims if you do not accept the explanation that evolution provides. I rather believe the explanations of real and accomplished(NAS members) scientist, than listen to the rants of a disgruntled jesus freak who keeps crying about evolution because it puts to shame his holy bible that says the earth was created before the sun and that humans were created from dust. As for the liver all i have to say is this,is the same liver that is plagued with so many disease?

Evolution has explained all that again let me see your paper that disproves evolution after you must have presented it to the members of the NAS who happen to be accomplished scientist by the way not like you this deluded bible grabing goon who believes the words of equally deluded goons that the stars will fall from the sky on the day when jesus will come. What have your own imaginary designer got to say about science? Stripped goats can be produced by putting stripped sticks in front of mating goats. Very nice. Deluded goon.

I on the other hand I weep for any organization that employees a scientist pseudo-scientist that makes comments such as these.

Did the designer force a cigarette into your mouth to smoke? Why shld he design a filter so you can indulge in your own immorality and sin?[/b] Why are billions dying at 90 with NO lung disease?

You are a disgrace to the science community.

Kai ka editing post din ka soboda akwai kuskure dayawa a ciki. Sa ke maimaita shi ka giyara shi.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Akwasi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
I think I got carried away in writing the subject for this thread. I really believe evryone in this world should be tolerated because this world does not belong to anyone, its God's and if the Good Lord in His own wisdom allow people to live and not believe in Him, who am I to judge anyone. I will not change the subject though for obvious reasons.

Again this thread does not talk about Jesus Christ only. Its non denominational. It can as well be a Muslim, Bhudist, Satanist or whoever. The substance is that our basis for visiting the Church, Mosque, Shrine and the rest has been mocked. I read somewhere that its the fool that says in his heart there is God. Funny though.

I laugh when people make all sorts of this absurd claims that God is responsible for the plight of this world. People should rather check themselves first before they speak. Look at the first people who started casting doubt about the existence of God, scientists. They go to the lab and mix every chemical they see with the excuse of experimentation. So who do you blame if after the end of the day that final product causes the ozone layer to deplete and result in intensive exposure to the sun rays and therefore skin cancer? Who can blame God when people unwittingly keep their surroundings dirty and start dying from Malaria as a result of the breeding of mosquitoes? How can you say God is responsible when you use bad farming practices and as a result cause a famine?

I read one post that questioned why something must die for something to live. Its funny. This world was made primarily for Human Beings. It was perfect until Adam and Eve defiled it. Animals were suppose to eat each other for the Ecosystem to be balanced. Thats not cruelty but pure systemization. In the end Human Beings were not suppose to be food for any animal but rather lord over all creatures.

Everything coming to us is our own making. The Greater One made things perfect for us whilst we decided to defile and destroy everything.

I hope somebody is listening because this earth has and expiry date whereby the creator will make evryone who he sent down here to account fo whatever he/she did.

Good Day
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
Okija_juju:

Talk about design flaws!!

How coukd anyone argue that the human body was a perfect design. shocked

Which "design flaws"? did you even bother to either read my rejoinder or take a moment to CRITICALLY PONDER the so-called flaws before promptly queuing behind your fellow atheist brother? Many of you have no mind of your own.

Tudór:

How did nature this. . . . . How did nature that. . . .The real question should be how did god do it?. . . .oh, i know HE SPOKE IT INTO EXISTENCE. How daft and systematically stupid is that??

dumb! Repeat after me pls . . . tudor has no brain.

Lets assume God didnt do it . . . HOW DID NATURE DO IT? Thou fool . . . have you EVER bothered to look at the other side of the coin? Or is this all about God 100% of the time?

toneyb:

I wonder what kind of "perfect" design is this that has diseases like cancer embedded in its genetic material.

Thou fool . . . cancer is NOT embedded in our genetic material . . . did you even attend school?

Cancer is a cellular aberration sometimes caused by DNA mutations. Have you wondered why we didnt have to worry too much about cancers 50yrs ago? Why is breast cancer suddenly an epidemic? If it was embedded in our DNA why did it show up only now?

Thou fool . . . cancer is a result of our changing lifestyles - most lung cancers are down to cigarette smoking.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2009
Atheist and christians should stop discussing about science. Leave that for scientists!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by noetic2: 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
michelin89:

Atheist and christians should stop discussing about science. Leave that for scientists!

but atheists are known to hide their IGNORANCE behind science. grin
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
So do christians. Always looking to science to validate their false claims.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
noetic2:

but atheists are known to hide their IGNORANCE behind science.  grin

Not all atheists are experts in science. I am not. My atheism is more a self worship, rather than faith in science. We have different ramifications you know.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
I read mazaje's response with my jaws well on the floor . . . i cant believe we still have brainless idiots in the 21st century.

Are you completely stupid? How on earth will some one that knows anything about lung disease talk life this According to theAmerican lung association Lung disease and other breathing problems constitute one of the leading causes of death in babies younger than one year old. Do the babies smoke cigarette? What about chronic lung disease such as asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) otherwise known as emphysema and chronic bronchitis are they caused by cigarette smoking too? You are a disgrace.

A perfect designer will make them to act as a medium of gas exchange so that they will be more efficient.

Thou fool read the following points pls in response to the complete idiocy you posted above:

1. Lung disease is truly a leading cause of death among babies less than 1 yr old . . . that is because with increasing technology a lot more babies are now born PREMATURE (at least 10 weeks before the normal delivery date)! Human lungs do not fully develop until 2 yrs AFTER birth and the cells responsible for producing surfactant (keeps the air sacs open and prevents atelectasis) are not fully formed in premature babies hence they are at greater risk of developing bronchopulmonary displasia. It has NOTHING to do with smoking you fool.

2. lol i laughed so much at the portion you wrote which i highlighted . . . instead of wasting my precious time on this uneducated buffon i chose to copy/paste this portion from wikipedia - [size=14pt]The primary risk factor for COPD is chronic tobacco smoking. In the United States, 80 to 90% of cases of COPD are due to smoking.[/size]

My dear . . . try studying first before rushing to grab a computer. You expose your own illiteracy.

3. The grand designer indeed designed our lungs to be very efficient at gas exchange . . . infact 95% of the cells that line the alveolar wall are Type I epithelial cells which are specifically designed for gas exchange. The rest of the airspace is lined with larger type II cells that keep the alveolar wall lubricated and prevents them from collapsing after expiration . . . if you destroy your type I cells from smoking . . . how is that the designers fault?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
Why cant i see certain posts? My last post and mazaje's post are nowhere to be found! shocked
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
I read mazaje's response with my jaws well on the floor . . . i cant believe we still have brainless idiots in the 21st century.

Are you completely stupid? How on earth will some one that knows anything about lung disease talk life this According to theAmerican lung association Lung disease and other breathing problems constitute one of the leading causes of death in babies younger than one year old. Do the babies smoke cigarette? What about chronic lung disease such as asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) otherwise known as emphysema and chronic bronchitis are they caused by cigarette smoking too? You are a disgrace.

Thou fool read the following points pls in response to the complete idiocy you posted above:

1. Lung disease is truly a leading cause of death among babies less than 1 yr old . . . that is because with increasing technology a lot more babies are now born PREMATURE (at least 10 weeks before the normal delivery date)! Human lungs do not fully develop until 2 yrs AFTER birth and the cells responsible for producing surfactant (keeps the air sacs open and prevents atelectasis) are not fully formed in premature babies hence they are at greater risk of developing bronchopulmonary displasia. It has NOTHING to do with smoking you fool.

2. lol i laughed so much at the portion you wrote which i highlighted . . . instead of wasting my precious time on this uneducated buffon i chose to copy/paste this portion from wikipedia - [size=14pt]The primary risk factor for COPD is chronic tobacco smoking. In the United States, 80 to 90% of cases of COPD are due to smoking.[/size]

My dear . . . try studying first before rushing to grab a computer. You expose your own illiteracy.

3. The grand designer indeed designed our lungs to be very efficient at gas exchange . . . infact 95% of the cells that line the alveolar wall are Type I epithelial cells which are specifically designed for gas exchange. The rest of the airspace is lined with larger type II cells that keep the alveolar wall lubricated and prevents them from collapsing after expiration . . . if you destroy your type I cells from smoking . . . how is that the designers fault?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
According to you,Who created tobacco? A perfect designer would know not to include harmful materials in his creation. Except he himself is as foolish as his followers.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
According to you,Who created tobacco? A perfect designer would know not to include harmful materials in his creation. Except he himself is as foolish as his followers.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
@ Tudor

uhmmm again. Why this embarassment na?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by noetic2: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

u know this is false. we only use science to reveal ur ignorance when u hide behind it (science)

michelin89:

Not all atheists are experts in science. I am not. My atheism is more a self worship, rather than faith in science. We have different ramifications you know.

ok. so can I ask. why are u an atheist? I expect explicit reasons.

davidylan:

uhmn. . .well stated.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
noetic2:

ok. so can I ask. why are u an atheist? I expect explicit reasons.

I can't adore anyone else but me!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by noetic2: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2009
michelin89:

I can't adore anyone else but me!

grin grin grin that was simple and honest.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
@michelin89
what embarrasment?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

The perfect designer also created morphine, a very powerful anti-pain medication used by terminal cancer patients . . . but it can also be abused and become an addiction. Should the perfect designer not include materials simply because you dont have the willpower to use it responsibly?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

No, you guys like to cloak your ignorance and unbelief with a misrepresentation of science. We look to expose your unclothedness by reaching out to science too.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

@michelin89
what embarrasment?

Even in christianity, men are not free from responsibilities. So if a man smokes and damages himself, do you blame god for creating tobacco? That's ridiculous.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

Lets assume God didnt do it . . . HOW DID NATURE DO IT? Thou fool . . . have you EVER bothered to look at the other side of the coin? Or is this all about God 100% of the time?

Bindex said this and I completely agree with him

"Evolutions has provided satisfactory answers to all these. You can write a scientific paper and present it to the members of the national academy of sciences who all believe in it's explanations for all the things you have outlined and debunk its claims if you do not accept the explanation that evolution provides. I rather believe the explanations of real  and accomplished(NAS members) scientist, than listen to the rants of a disgruntled jesus freak who keeps crying about evolution because it puts to shame his holy bible that says the earth was created before the sun and that humans were created from dust. As for the liver all i have to say is this,is it the same liver that is plagued with so many disease?

Evolution has explained all that again let me see your paper that disproves evolution after you must have presented it to the members of the NAS who happen to be accomplished scientist by the way not like you this deluded bible grabing goon who believes the words of equally deluded goons that the stars will fall from the sky on the day when jesus will come. What have your own imaginary designer got to say about science? Stripped goats can be produced by putting stripped sticks in front of mating goats. Very nice. Deluded goon
."

Thou fool . . . cancer is NOT embedded in our genetic material . . . did you even attend school?

Cancer is a cellular aberration sometimes caused by DNA mutations. Have you wondered why we didnt have to worry too much about cancers 50yrs ago? Why is breast cancer suddenly an epidemic? If it was embedded in our DNA why did it show up only now?

Thou fool . . . cancer is a result of our changing lifestyles - most lung cancers are down to cigarette smoking

Stop calling yourself a scientist because you are not you are a shamless embarassment to the scientist community if you really make comments like this. Nearly all cancers are caused by abnormalities in the genetic material of the transformed cells.Why didn't your grand designer design DNA that does not aberrate?

davidylan:

I can't stop laughting at this pathetic case. Did you really read what you wrote?  grin grin Did you read what he said to understand what he really said or did you just rush up to discredit yourself? 

This what you said

Did the designer force a cigarette into your mouth to smoke? Why shld he design a filter so you can indulge in your own immorality and sin? Why are billions dying at 90 with NO lung disease?

And he said that According to the American lung association  Lung disease and other breathing problems constitute one of the leading causes of death in babies younger than one year old. Do the babies smoke cigarette? You brought up the case of smoking and implied as if that is the only cause of all lung diseases all he did was show you a lung disease that exist in babies that has nothing to do with smoking. Why did you grand designer design a system where babies can be born prematurely in the first place? 

You keep talking about smoking and embarassing yourself. What about Asthma ,Chronic bronchitis, Eosinophilic pneumonia, Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis, Pulmonary anthrax, Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation, Pulmonary edema ,Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease, Rheumatoid lung disease  and Pulmonary embolus are all these lung disease caused by smoking cigarrte?  There are numerous other lung diseases that have nothing to do with cigarrtes at all. Stop embarassing your self by speaking about smoking all the time.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

No, you guys like to cloak your ignorance and unbelief with a misrepresentation of science. We look to expose your unclothedness by reaching out to science too.

Which science are you talking about? is it the same science that has discredited and is still discrediting the word of your god(bible) with its discoveries? How is god did it science? Pls define science for me.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Uche2nna(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2009
Hmmmm, I really like to stay out of discussions like this cos it gets nowhere but sometimes U see posts that make ur jaw want to drop  shocked

I will have to agree with Michelin, please leave the science for the scientist especially when U really dont know what U are saying.

How can U say that Cancer is embedded in the human genome?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Is there a gene that codes for cancer in the human genome, scratch that, in any genome for that matter?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
Again we are forced to read the tortuously sad rants of men who dont know but pretend that they do.

toneyb:

Bindex said this and I completely agree with him

"Evolutions has provided satisfactory answers to all these. You can write a scientific paper and present it to the members of the national academy of sciences who all believe in it's explanations for all the things you have outlined and debunk its claims if you do not accept the explanation that evolution provides. I rather believe the explanations of real and accomplished(NAS members) scientist, than listen to the rants of a disgruntled jesus freak who keeps crying about evolution because it puts to shame his holy bible that says the earth was created before the sun and that humans were created from dust. As for the liver all i have to say is this,is it the same liver that is plagued with so many disease?

Evolution has explained all that again let me see your paper that disproves evolution after you must have presented it to the members of the NAS who happen to be accomplished scientist by the way not like you this deluded bible grabing goon who believes the words of equally deluded goons that the stars will fall from the sky on the day when jesus will come. What have your own imaginary designer got to say about science? Stripped goats can be produced by putting stripped sticks in front of mating goats. Very nice. Deluded goon
."

Here is the problem with the above bull . . . we keep reading nonsense about "evolution explaining all that" . . . but each time we ASK FOR THESE EXPLANATIONS you dont say anything AT ALL. [size=14pt]What EXACTLY does evolution explain? Can someone write it out in plain language?[/size] shocked

Why do we read that "evolution has explained all" and yet are inundated with vague nonsense that explains nothing?

toneyb:

Stop calling yourself a scientist because you are not you are a shamless embarassment to the scientist community if you really make comments like this. Nearly all cancers are caused by abnormalities in the genetic material of the transformed cells.Why didn't your grand designer design DNA that does not aberrate?

This is what you originally wrote - I wonder what kind of "perfect" design is this that has diseases like cancer embedded in its genetic material.

Now all of a sudden you've changed tack to claim that cancer is caused by an "abnormality" in genetic material AFTER i corrected you? Which is it? Is cancer naturally embedded or is it an abnormality?

Now your above write up is purely stupid and yet again more evidence that many of you simply post without thinking:

1. Most cancers are caused by DNA mutations but a lot are caused by several other factors that promote excessive cell growth and have nothing to do with DNA at all.

2. If the grand designer had designed DNA that cannot undergo aberration . . . two things would have happened -

a. We would be totally unable to adapt as effectively to different environments as we do now. For example - sickle cell disease is a single amino acid mutation that protects against malaria (for those who have the mutation on only one allele).

b. Most importantly it would have COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE CLAIM THAT MAN EVOLVED!

toneyb:

I can't stop laughting at this pathetic case. Did you really read what you wrote? grin grin Did you read what he said to understand what he really said or did you just rush up to discredit yourself?

This what you said

And he said that According to the American lung association Lung disease and other breathing problems constitute one of the leading causes of death in babies younger than one year old. Do the babies smoke cigarette? You brought up the case of smoking and[b] implied as if that is the only cause of all lung diseases all he did was show you a lung disease that exist in babies that has nothing to do with smoking.[/b] Why did you grand designer design a system where babies can be born prematurely in the first place?

the problem here wasnt me but YOU. I NEVER implied that smoking causes all lung diseases, i was addressing ADULT LUNG disease and not that in children. Mazaje then talks about lung disease in babies and i rightfully debunked that also (even though you completely ignored it) as being a product of improvement in medical care that ensures we can now raise babies born way too premature for their lungs to cope outside the womb.

Premature birth is the number 1 risk factor for postnatal lung disease. Try reading up you illiterate.

toneyb:

You keep talking about smoking and embarassing yourself. What about Asthma ,Chronic bronchitis, Eosinophilic pneumonia, Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis, Pulmonary anthrax, Pulmonary arteriovenous malformation, Pulmonary edema ,Pulmonary veno-occlusive disease, Rheumatoid lung disease and Pulmonary embolus are all these lung disease caused by smoking cigarrte? There are numerous other lung diseases that have nothing to do with cigarrtes at all. Stop embarassing your self by speaking about smoking all the time.

This is again an example of your own stupidity and ignorance.

1. you talked of chronic bronchitis - actually it is a PART of COPD! 80-90% of which is caused PRIMARILY by cigarette smoking.

2. Smoking is not the only cause of lung disease and no where did i imply that, if anything i consistently have harped on the fact that majority of the diseases you mention are CLEARLY NOT a result of a flawed human design BUT a result of our diet, lifestyles and poor choices. None of the diseases you mention occur spontaneously without an aetiology! That is the point!

It is more important to understand the import of a post than to rush to expose your own naivette.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
Uche2nna:

Hmmmm, I really like to stay out of discussions like this cos it gets nowhere but sometimes U see posts that make ur jaw want to drop  shocked

I will have to agree with Michelin, please leave the science for the scientist especially when U really dont know what U are saying.

How can U say that Cancer is embedded in the human genome?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Is there a gene that codes for cancer in the human genome, scratch that, in any genome for that matter?

I tire for am!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
@michelin89
yes i do blame god for creating tobacco. It shows a height of irresponsibility on the part of the creator, the same irresponsibility allowed him to keep the ''forbidden fruit" in the garden of eden knowing fully well adam and eve might disobey him. What stops him from relocating the tree somewhere else?. . . .
You keep a gun on the dining table and tell junior: don't touch that gun it's dangerous. Junior later picks up the gun and blasts your husband. Whose responsible?. . . .junior bears some responsibility but the greater goes to you.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
toneyb:

Why did you grand designer design a system where babies can be born prematurely in the first place? 

In short why did the grand designer design a system where fools can be born at all?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

@michelin89
yes i do blame god for creating tobacco. It shows a height of irresponsibility on the part of the creator, the same irresponsibility allowed him to keep the ''forbidden fruit" in the garden of eden knowing fully well adam and eve might disobey him. What stops him from relocating the tree somewhere else?. . . .
You keep a gun on the dining table and tell junior: don't touch that gun it's dangerous. Junior later picks up the gun and blasts your husband. Whose responsible?. . . .junior bears some responsibility but the greater goes to you.

Na you know!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
Quote from :davidylan
The perfect designer also created morphine, a powerful anti-pain medication used by terminal cancer patients. . . . . But it can also be abused and become an addiction. . .
I wonder where you get your definition of perfect, but a creation that can cause harm is imperfect no matter the good it can do.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
Yet again the argument turns into evolution versus creation, I tire oh!

Do we have to tolerate the atheist oya make una talk
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

Quote from :davidylan[/b]I wonder where you get your definition of perfect, but a creation that can cause harm is [b]imperfect no matter the good it can do.

I dont think you have anything else to say. Come back when you have more substantive points.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of My Religion / How KAKA A Footballer Is Impacting Millions With Christ / Rapture, Armagedon, Second Coming ,and Final Judgement: I'm Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.