Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? (2764 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Yet again the argument turns into evolution versus creation, I tire oh!

Do we have to tolerate the atheist oya make una talk

you've never been worried talking about creation, why does evolution scare you?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

Again we are forced to read the tortuously sad rants of men who dont know but pretend that they do.
Here is the problem with the above bull . . . we keep reading nonsense about "evolution explaining all that" . . . but each time we ASK FOR THESE EXPLANATIONS you dont say anything AT ALL. [size=14pt]What EXACTLY does evolution explain? Can someone write it out in plain language?[/size] shocked

Why do we read that "evolution has explained all" and yet are inundated with vague nonsense that explains nothing?

You mean all the scientist(99% of NAS) that agree to evolution are deluded? With all the over 200,000 peer reviwed papers on how it explains everything? As bindex said I will too will rather believe the explanations of accomplished scientist than listen to the rants of a FOOL that believes that believes that humans were made from dust. What has the creation myth of genesis explained? That the earth was created before the sun?

This is what you originally wrote - I wonder what kind of "perfect" design is this that has diseases like cancer embedded in its genetic material.

Now all of a sudden you've changed tack to claim that cancer is caused by an "abnormality" in genetic material AFTER i corrected you? Which is it? Is cancer naturally embedded or is it an abnormality?

Now your above write up is purely stupid and yet again more evidence that many of you simply post without thinking:

That was a mistake.

1. Most cancers are caused by DNA mutations but a lot are caused by several other factors that promote excessive cell growth and have nothing to do with DNA at all.

2. If the grand designer had designed DNA that cannot undergo aberration . . . two things would have happened -

a. We would be totally unable to adapt as effectively to different environments as we do now. For example - sickle cell disease is a single amino acid mutation that protects against malaria (for those who have the mutation on only one allele).

b. Most importantly it would have COMPLETELY DESTROYED THE CLAIM THAT MAN EVOLVED!

grin grin grin What a FOOL. Plsease write a paper about that and send it to the NAS and show how your claims completely destroyes evolution. grin The intelligent design community are despirately looking for scientist that can completeley destroy the theory of evolution for decades please go and show them your new theory that completely destroys evolution You will become an instant celebrity, You will be given a Nobel peace prize if you do that. I can't believe I am reading this from a "scientist". You really are am embarassment.  What a FOOL. grin

the problem here wasnt me but YOU. I NEVER implied that smoking causes all lung diseases, i was addressing ADULT LUNG disease and not that in children. Mazaje then talks about lung disease in babies and i rightfully debunked that also (even though you completely ignored it) as being a product of improvement in medical care that ensures we can now raise babies born way too premature for their lungs to cope outside the womb.

Is smoking the only cause of lung disease?

Premature birth is the number 1 risk factor for postnatal lung disease. Try reading up you illiterate.

This is again an example of your own stupidity and ignorance.

1. you talked of chronic bronchitis - actually it is a PART of COPD! 80-90% of which is caused PRIMARILY by cigarette smoking.

2. Smoking is not the only cause of lung disease and no where did i imply that, if anything i consistently have harped on the fact that majority of the diseases you mention are CLEARLY NOT a result of a flawed human design BUT a result of our diet, lifestyles and poor choices. None of the diseases you mention occur spontaneously without an aetiology! That is the point!

Is this not the same fool that wrote this?

Did the designer force a cigarette into your mouth to smoke? Why shld he design a filter so you can indulge in your own immorality and sin? Why are billions dying at 90 with NO lung disease?
 Is this not a general statement?

It is more important to understand the import of a post than to rush to expose your own naivette.

When you have your paper that completely destroys evolution passed to the NAS and accepted you can let us know about it. Until them you can keep you illetrate and meaningless rants about evolution to your deluded self and hug unto you bible that says that evil spirits cause diseases and multicouloured sheep can be produced by placing stripped stick in front of mating sheep. Bible science 101.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

you've never been worried talking about creation, why does evolution scare you?
Your head too dey swell, so if I have been never worried then every thread we talk about will be about evolution. You are seriously becoming an evolution freak. Just pack your nyash go corner, should we tolerate the atheist?
Put up or shut up!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Yet again the argument turns into evolution versus creation, I tire oh!

Do we have to tolerate the atheist oya make una talk

Any body that follows his meaningless rants about evolution knows that evolution scares the shit out of him. I have never seen him try to defend creationsm or provided any scientifc argument that supports it. Yet he dis agrees with what 99% of scientist accept as a scientific fact. What a pathetic case. No wonder he is always ranting about evolution.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2009
toneyb:

You mean all the scientist(99% of NAS) that agree to evolution are deluded? With all the over 200,000 peer reviwed papers on how it explains everything? As bindex said I will too will rather believe the explanations of accomplished scientist than listen to the rants of a FOOL that believes that believes that humans were made from dust. What has the creation myth of genesis explained? That the earth was created before the sun?

I asked a simple question - [size=14pt]What EXACTLY does evolution explain? Can someone write it out in plain language?[/size]

Why is that so hard to do? why is it more convenient to hide behind the skirts of "scientists that agree to evolution"? What exactly do you understand that they agree to? Forget about peer-reviewed papers, you've never written one but i have and i can tell you they are nothing but subjective opinions!

toneyb:

That was a mistake.

Only because you were caught and exposed. More than 90% of what you have posted so far is the same rambling rubbish . . .

toneyb:

grin grin grin What a FOOL. Plsease write a paper about that and send it to the NAS and show how your claims completely destroyes evolution. grin The intelligent design community are despirately looking for scientist that can completeley destroy the theory of evolution for decades please go and show them your new theory that completely destroys evolution You will become an instant celebrity, You will be given a Nobel peace prize if you do that. I can't believe I am reading this from a scientist. You really are am embarassment. What a FOOL. grin

Again you simply rushed to post WITHOUT a clear-cut understanding of what i posted. You said and i quote - Why didn't your grand designer design DNA that does not aberrate?

The problem is that the theory of evolution is based entirely around changes in DNA! If the designer had given us DNA that does not "aberrate" what would the theory of evolution then depend on? shocked Do you people have the capacity to think?

Where did i say anything about destroying the theory of evolution?

toneyb:

Is smoking the only cause of lung disease?

No its not but a very important risk factor and i have made that clear numerous times, except i'm speaking to a fool who is not knowledgeable.

toneyb:

You didnt know that? Try reading up on BPD, you can find it on wikipedia.

toneyb:

Is this not the same fool that wrote this?
Is this not a general statement?

That is frankly daft. A new-born baby cannot put a cigarette into his mouth to smoke so you shld know i was refering mainly to ADULTS there.

toneyb:

When you have your paper that completely destroys evolution passed to the NAS and accepted you can let us know about it. Until them you can keep you illetrate and meaningless rants about evolution to your deluded self and hug unto you bible that says that evil spirits cause diseases and multicouloured sheep can be produced by placing stripped stick in front of mating sheep. Bible science 101.

What a fool . . . what do YOU know about evolution? Stop hiding behind NAS . . .
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Your head too dey swell, so if I have been never worried then every thread we talk about will be about evolution. You are seriously becoming an evolution freak. Just pack your nyash go corner, should we tolerate the atheist?
Put up or shut up!

More rubbish from the illiteracy corner . . . we dont talk about evolution for one reason only - you all have NO CLUE ABOUT IT neither can you reasonably defend it.

You dont believe God exists but you make it a point on EVERY THREAD you post in on the religious section. Why are ye all afraid of debating evolution?

Abegi comot for my road. You were fine with the thread diversion UP UNTIL you and your fellow atheists ran out of steam.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
toneyb:

Any body that follows his meaningless rants about evolution knows that evolution scares the shit out of him. I have never seen him try to defend creationsm or provided any scientifc argument that supports it. Yet he dis agrees with what 99% of scientist accept as a scientific fact. What a pathetic case. No wonder he is always ranting about evolution.

Evolution is "accepted as scientific fact" based on what? Where have you fools EVER defended evolution or provided any scientific arguments to support it? You spend 99.99% of your time crying for scientific explanations on creationism but when it comes to evolution you simply rant on about 99% of NAS folks and then run away.

I haven't been able to elicit anything reasonable from this block-heads ever.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

More rubbish from the illiteracy corner . . . we dont talk about evolution for one reason only - you all have NO CLUE ABOUT IT neither can you reasonably defend it.

You dont believe God exists but you make it a point on EVERY THREAD you post in on the religious section. Why are ye all afraid of debating evolution?

Abegi comot for my road. You were fine with the thread diversion UP UNTIL you and your fellow atheists ran out of steam.
See this cut and nail scientist, is the thread about evolution? You just make too much noise and I will not enable your addiction by arguing anything that has to do with evolution with you.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

See this cut and nail scientist, is the thread about evolution? You just make too much noise and I will not enable your addiction by arguing anything that has to do with evolution with you.

It isnt about creationism either and ditto for majority of the threads here but you are PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE making them about a referendum on God and creationism. Why does it become a problem ONLY when evolution is brought to the fore?

You wont argue evolution with me, neither will huxley or mazaje or bindex or toneyb or tudor . . . i'm not surprised. None of you has ANY IDEA what evolution is all about, for you it is simply a handy alternative to creationism.

I laugh when toneyb keeps crying that evolution is an established fact based NOT on any established evidence but on peer-reviewed papers by members of the NAS. Sometimes you gotta wonder if these folks have a brain.

You dont need NAS papers to prove gravity . . . even my grandfather in the village who never went to school believes it.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

It isnt about creationism either and ditto for majority of the threads here but you are PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE making them about a referendum on God and creationism. Why does it become a problem ONLY when evolution is brought to the fore?

You wont argue evolution with me, neither will huxley or mazaje or bindex or toneyb or tudor . . . i'm not surprised. None of you has ANY IDEA what evolution is all about, for you it is simply a handy alternative to creationism.

I laugh when toneyb keeps crying that evolution is an established fact based NOT on any established evidence but on peer-reviewed papers by members of the NAS[b]. Sometimes you gotta wonder if these folks have a brain.[/b]

You dont need NAS papers to prove gravity . . . even my grandfather in the village who never went to school believes it.
You mean the folks at NAS?
Yeah your grandfather who never went to school believes it so does mine, my point is this, truth be told creationism will come second best to the theory of evolution but this thread is not about it, let it be. Talk about why you will tolerate atheists ( or not grin ) then move on.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

I asked a simple question - [size=14pt]What EXACTLY does evolution explain? Can someone write it out in plain language?[/size]

Why is that so hard to do? why is it more convenient to hide behind the skirts of "scientists that agree to evolution"? What exactly do you understand that they agree to? Forget about peer-reviewed papers, you've never written one but i have and i can tell you they are nothing but subjective opinions!

Evolution explains everything that is why it is accepted as a scientific fact by acomplished scientist all over the world. The problem is that bible thumping FOOLs like you are so bitter because it completely discredits your creation myth. There are so many books and material on evolution and how it explains everything. Again I will rather accept the well established findings and consensus of acomplished scientist than listen to the rants of a pseudo scientist on the internet.

Only because you were caught and exposed. More than 90% of what you have posted so far is the same rambling rubbish . . .

Your own opinion.

Again you simply rushed to post WITHOUT a clear-cut understanding of what i posted. You said and i quote - Why didn't your grand designer design DNA that does not aberrate?

The problem is that the theory of evolution is based entirely around changes in DNA! If the designer had given us DNA that does not "aberrate" what would the theory of evolution then depend on? shocked Do you people have the capacity to think?

That at least is a scientific evidence that evolution depends on(changes in DNA). Where is your scientific evidence for creationism? You claim you have the ability to "think" please "think" of one scientific evidence that creationism depends on.

No its not but a very important risk factor and i have made that clear numerous times, except i'm speaking to a fool who is not knowledgeable.

You didnt know that? Try reading up on BPD, you can find it on wikipedia.

What is this meaningless talk about premature births? Is it part of your grand designers design?

That is frankly daft. A new-born baby cannot put a cigarette into his mouth to smoke so you shld know i was refering mainly to ADULTS there

Again is smoking the only cause of lung diseases amongst adult?

What a fool . . . what do YOU know about evolution? Stop hiding behind NAS . . .

I know much about it to know that it explains all the diversity we see in animals and how all organisms evolved from simpler organisms and all share a common ancestry. That is a scientific fact accepted by 99% accomplished scientist all over the world and I will absolutely believe in what they say than listen to the ridiculous rants of a FOOL that believes that Johah survied inside a fish for 3 days because some goat hearders that thought the sun moves from place to place told him to believe it. When you have presented your paper that discredits evolution to the NAS let me know.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by toneyb: 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

Evolution is "accepted as scientific fact" based on what? Where have you fools EVER defended evolution or provided any scientific arguments to support it? You spend 99.99% of your time crying for scientific explanations on creationism but when it comes to evolution you simply rant on about 99% of NAS folks and then run away.

I haven't been able to elicit anything reasonable from this block-heads ever.

Based on very careful study and over 200,000 peer reviewed articles and scietific evidence that supports it. We don't have to defend evolution scientist have done that already. I am not a scientist but I have attended a lucture here by Dr Ken Miller who did a very good job defending evolution and providing scientific evidence for it just the way coutless other scientist have. Will you provide just one scientific evidence that supports creationism? Are you not a "scientist"? There are a lot of papers (peer reviewed  papers) that have provided scientific evidence for evolution you can read them up they are all over the net. If you do not believe them you can direct your questions to the writers and show them how wrong they are on their writings and claims about evolution, Are you not a "scientist"? Or don't you know how to write scientific papers to challenge other scientist? Until you do that you should not expect any body to respond to your ridiculous rants about evolution.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by bindex(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

Why is this fool ranting all over the place . Are you so bitter that 99 percent of the real and accomplished scientist cummunity accepts evolutions as a scietific fact leaving you deluded and foolish wanna be scientist out in the cold alone? I am not a scientist so I can not write a peer reviewed paper. Have you ever written a scientific peer reviewed paper? Do you know how to write one?  grin grin. Please if you do then write to the NAS and tell them how wrong they all are for accepting evolution as a scientific fact. As toneyb has said you will be giving a Nobel peace prize and you will become an Instant celebrity, that should not be hard for you to do no?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
bindex:

Why is this fool ranting all over the place . Are you so bitter that 99 percent of the real and accomplished scientist cummunity accepts evolutions as a scietific fact leaving you deluded and foolish wanna be scientist out in the cold alone? I am not a scientist so I can not write a peer reviewed paper. Have you ever written a scientific peer reviewed paper? Do you know how to write one?  grin grin. Please if you do then write to the NAS and tell them how wrong they all are for accepting evolution as a scientific fact. As toneyb has said you will be giving a Nobel peace prize and you will become and Intand celebrity, that should not be hard for you to do no?

bla bla bla . ,  you all just seem to be singing from the same broken record. [size=14pt]WHAT EXACTLY do these 99% accept as fact? where are the facts? Can someone show us in plain language pls?[/size]

We're not really asking for too much here.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by bindex(m): 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

bla bla bla . , you all just seem to be singing from the same broken record. WHAT EXACTLY do these 99% accept as fact? where are the facts? Can someone show us in plain language pls?

We're not really asking for too much here.

Cry cry baby  grin. There are papers all over the place over 200,000 peer reviewed articles that most accomplished scientist agree with and accept as scientific facts with scientific evidence for evolution. You as a "scientist" can lay your hands on them and challange them can't you? Or don't you know how to write scientific papers challenging your peers(self acclaimed "scientist"wink? grin  Don't you want to win a Nobel peace prize and become an Instant celebrity for proving to the world of accomplished scientist(NAS and other bodies) that they are all wrong about evolution?  What a FOOLISH FOOL  grin grin
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by mazaje(m): 8:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
davidylan:

I laugh when toneyb keeps crying that evolution is an established fact based NOT on any established evidence but on peer-reviewed papers by members of the NAS. Sometimes you gotta wonder if these folks have a brain.

It this statement coming out from a market trader or some one that claims he has an idea of how the scientific process really works?  .

bindex:

Cry cry baby  grin. There are papers all over the place over 200,000 peer reviewed articles that most accomplished scientist agree with and accept as scientific facts with scientific evidence for evolution. You as a "scientist" can lay your hands on them and challange them can't you? Or don't you know how to write scientific papers challenging your peers(self acclaimed "scientist"wink? grin  Don't you want to win a Nobel peace prize and become an Instant celebrity for proving to the world of accomplished scientist(NAS and other bodies) that they are all wrong about evolution?  What a FOOLISH FOOL  grin grin

Kai kiyale wannan mahaukachin.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by noetic2: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
mazaje:

Kai kiyale wannan mahaukachin.

I thought English is the official language on NL?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Tudor6(f): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2009
Then why do christians speak gibberish on this forum?
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Akwasi(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2009
The real msg has been missed
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by edoyad(m): 9:39am On Feb 16, 2010
Man and Religion. I know It's hard to swallow the pill of "when you're gone, you're gone" ; but just take time out to think this issue out properly. Is this world really just a few thousand years old ? Are we here today cos a naked woman talked to a snake ? If you can pull yourself out from the system and be a neutral observer, you'd be able to see things clearer.
Atheists, non-believers etc should be the ones asking if they should tolerate the ludicrous actions of god believers.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by vivaladiva(f): 6:09am On Feb 17, 2010
we cnt all be religious some one has to be an athiest, n if dats my choice hw d eff does that affect u or ur religion
jst cos someone has an alternative view on a subject means the person is polluting the minds of the so called youths
if any thing it is religion that has polluted the minds of the youths, there r enof divisions in this world, religion just makes every thing worst
look at nigeria, one major polllutant is christianity, i cnt speak 4 islam cos ive never been a muslim, but when i see the way christianity has been used as a tool to repress the conciousness of the population---i honestly feel like setting fire to a few churches----i wont do that of cos---cos every one is entitled to their own believes
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by g1(m): 6:25am On Feb 17, 2010
@topic/poster no you dont have to tolerate anyone who holds a different worldview from yours idiot!!!!so pick up a gun and shoot people that wear a different colour of clothes from yours grin also remember to kill all the people that are of a different profession from yours, finally if you are male then dont forget to slaughter all females for daring to be a different gender than yours and viceversa undecided cool
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by MyJoe: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2010
I support OP. We should take up our swords and kill all the atheists. And maybe all other contrarians like mystics, traditionalists, stargazers, Satanists, and Moslems. The world will become just perfect!
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Zodiac61(m): 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2010
MyJoe:

I support OP. We should take up our swords and kill all the atheists. And maybe all other contrarians like mystics, traditionalists, stargazers, Satanists, and Moslems. The world will become just perfect!
Why stop there? Once we have killed all non-Christians, homosexuals, and everyone who is different to us, then we start on each other. If you do not like speaking in tongues, kill all those who do. If you do not like T B Joshua, kill his followers. What about the Anglicans, the Catholics, the Jehovah Witnesses and so on? Shall we let them live?
Who cares who you want to tolerate? Atheists do not need your permission to live.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by Mikaela: 12:43am On Feb 22, 2010
Sorry to burst your bubble but the bible IS fiction. Although it's a little better than Harry Potter. I'll give y'all some credit. Jesus was the Bob Marley of his time. Wish I'd met him, we'd have smoked together. Barbaric dumbf[i]u[/i]ck, that's what he is.
Re: Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? by InesQor(m): 6:36am On Feb 22, 2010
Intolerance for other humans does more to deny the existence of (a purposeful) God than to affirm it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Former Jehovah's Witness High Ranking Official Who Witnessed Deciet / Names Of African Gods; Share Your Ancestors Gods. / Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.