Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? (4122 Views)

Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking / Colorado Man Indicted For Human Trafficking, Money Laundering / Brazil Census Shows African-brazilians In The Majority For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

The moderation around here sucks. RichyBlack is biased. Period.

smiley

grin grin grin grin grin

How am I biased? My conclusions were true based on the 2005 report
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

grin grin grin grin grin

How am I biased? My conclusions were true based on the 2005 report

You missed out Quatar, UAE and Kuwait from your own link
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
$osisi:

You missed out Quatar, UAE and Kuwait from your own link

Oh, you're right. But that wasn't intentional. I was looking at the map, and I mistakenly considered Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE as one country because the latter three all share borders with Saudi-Arabia and are all relatively small.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Oh, you're right. But that wasn't intentional. I was looking at the map, and[b] I mistakenly considered Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE as one country because the latter three all share borders with Saudi-Arabia and are all relatively small.[/b]

How very convenient. smiley

But you managed to see their borders, or even know that they do share borders. Yeah, how very convenient for you.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by savanaha: 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

But you managed to see their borders, or even know that they do share borders. Yeah, how very convenient for you.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

Why are you now behaving like a Nigerian policeman? I said it was a mistake and explained how it happened. What else do you want from me?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
Don't mind Richy
He has a soft spot for Muslim girls
especially those from Somalia
I think he even migrated over there with one of them at some point
Don't mind these Nigerian men that run after these strange foreign women
who do they expect to marry us
aliens?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

See the map below. Can't you see how one can easily make the mistake of assuming the red blurb represents only Saudi-Arabia?

Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2009
$osisi:

Don't mind Richy
He has a soft spot for Muslim girls
especially those from Somalia
I think he even migrated over there with one of them at some point

$osisi,

Na craze dey worry you! grin

It was just a mistake.

However, this doesn't blemish Islam in any way. We all know that the rulers of many of these majority-Muslim nations are selfish tyrants and dictators that only use Islam to subjugate their own people. Most of them will do anything to hold on to power. And why is America supporting Saudi-Arabia and Kuwait? Can we say that they are indirectly supporting human-trafficking?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

$osisi,

Na craze dey worry you! grin

It was just a mistake.

However, this doesn't blemish Islam in any way. We all know that the rulers of many of these majority-Muslim nations are selfish tyrants and dictators that only use Islam to subjugate their own people. Most of them will do anything to hold on to power. And why is America supporting Saudi-Arabia and Kuwait? Can we say that they are indirectly supporting human-trafficking?

But sleeping with an 8 year old gets a thumbs up in your book right? smiley

Nice diversionary move richy.

That statement is so weak, that it can be applied to anything.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

But sleeping with an 8 year old gets a thumbs up in your book right? smiley

Nice diversionary move richy.

That statement is so weak, that it can be applied to anything.

When did I support "sleeping with an 8 year old"?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

When did I support "sleeping with an 8 year old"?

You have asked if usa indirectly support human trafficking right?

Well, you have showed your support for Islam by claiming it is not "blemish" in anyway. I pointed out an aspect I think is a blemish in my own opinion. Is it a safe bet to conclude that you support having sex with an 8 year old? [These are recorded facts. He married her at 8 and consummated her at 9]

You see your argument of trying to rope the US with human trafficking is so weak that it can be applied to anything. Once it was applied to you, you are quick to get on to the defensive isn't? Nice one richy. You really are doing a good job so far. smiley
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

You have asked if usa indirectly support human trafficking right?

Well, you have showed your support for Islam by claiming it is not "blemish" in anyway. I pointed out an aspect I think is a blemish in my own opinion. Is it a safe bet to conclude that you support having sex with an 8 year old? [These are recorded facts. He married her at 8 and consummate her at 9]

You see your argument of trying to rope the US with human trafficking is so weak that it can be applied to anything. Once it was applied to you, you are quick to get on to the defensive isn't? Nice one richy. You really are doing a good job so far. smiley

You should learn the difference between asking a question and stating an opinion.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 8:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

You should learn the difference between asking a question and stating an opinion.

Oh really which one are you doing?

If you are asking a question, then I am asking you if you support sleeping with an 8 year old.

If you are stating an opinion, then I am of the opinion that you support islam, that in turn supports sleeping with minors.

Which one are you saying, 'cuz I can play both ways.

smiley
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

Oh really which one are you doing?

If you are asking a question, then I am asking you if you support sleeping with an 8 year old.

If you are stating an opinion, then I am of the opinion that you support islam, that in turn supports sleeping with minors.

Which one are you saying, 'cuz I can play both ways.

smiley

Clearly, I asked a question, just in case you're confused about that.

If you understand this basic fact, then why not answer the question? Another question he may fail to see, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nice move. But not smooth. smiley

Since you are now claiming to be asking a question, let me ask you a few questions to play along

If Islam is not blemish in "any way". Do you agree with having sex with minors? After all, you are of the opinion that Islam is not blemished at all. If you disagree, then why not?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

Nice move. But not smooth. smiley

Since you are now claiming to be asking a question, let me ask you a few questions to play along

If Islam is not blemish in "any way". Do you agree with having sex with minors? After all, you are of the opinion that Islam is not blemished at all. If you disagree, then why not?

I'll answer your question, but basic courtesy demands that you do to me what you expect that I do to you. Hope this is not asking for too much!
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

I'll answer your question, but basic courtesy demands that you do to me what you expect that I do to you. Hope this is not asking for too much!

A wounded lion can only move not so far. . . . You see. smiley

It goes back to my original points. Your point of trying to rope the US into this as usual is so flawed that it could be applied to anything. You see how YOU turned a hypocrital rogue when faced with the same set of questions, using the same logic you are trying to employ, you are quick to back down and play off the main issues.

For the record, your questions was directed at someone else. You haven't directly asked me questions like you would like to think. On the other hand, my questions have been directed mostly at you. So your logic of courtesy once again failed. smiley
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

A wounded lion can only move not so far. . . . You see. smiley

It goes back to my original points. Your point of trying to rope the US into this as usual is so flawed that it could be applied to anything. You see how turned a hypocrital rogue when faced with the same set of questions, using the same logic you are trying to employ, you are quick to back down and play off the main issues.

For the record, your questions was directed at someone else. You haven't directly asked me questions like you would like to think. On the other hand, my questions have been directed mostly at you. So your logic of courtesy once again failed. smiley

See dis mallam! You wan try your senior broda. grin

Abeg do find one betta dustbin carry yansh put bo. When you know see road waka, you come dey carry head hit for wall. Na wall make you vex? grin grin
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

See dis mallam! You wan try your senior broda. grin

Abeg do find one betta dustbin carry yansh put bo. When you know see road waka, you come dey carry head hit for wall. Na wall make you vex? grin grin

I love you too. smiley

I rest my case. Point proven. Case closed. smiley
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

I love you too.  smiley

I rest my case. Point proven. Case closed. smiley

Let me tell you your problem: You put more weight in trying to show that you're smart than on the issue being discussed.

The day you learn to put more weight on the issue at hand, is the day more people will start taking you seriously. Feel me?
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Let me tell you your problem: You put more weight in trying to show that you're smart than on the issue being discussed.

The day you learn to put more weight on the issue at hand, is the day more people will start taking you seriously. Feel me?

Rule 122 of forum etiquette: Know when you are beaten. Do not come back for more unless you have the right ammo and training

Please remember that richy. [Clearly you lack both]

I do not need to prove to you or anyone around that I am smart. I know what I am. That is the key point. It is your problem, your issue and your prerogative that you **think** of me as such. Not mine.

You barged into this thread to make changes so as to suit your need. Even though when this was pointed out, you gave some lame excuse that it is clear for almost everyone to see.
You then approached the thread on a prejudiced view, which you are unable to defend. On top of that, you returned to post some more non-sense. Since you probably feel you are stick more to the issue at hand, why throw down your gloves? Nice one RichyBlack.

smiley
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by biina: 9:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
$osisi:

Now tell us what you know about those 3 countries with regards to human right violations based on any other standards you choose

do any of them have a dicatatorship?
Which ones allow freedom of worship,movement, and rights to protest?
Which one is a true democracy?
What has the religion and system of government have to do with human trafficking? human rights violations goes beyond human trafficking. I already gave you info and link to a website with information on human trafficking in terms of source and destination.

$osisi:

Liar
Saudi Arabia does not have poor relations with the USA
Neither does Kuwait.
US went into war in the gulf to rescue Kuwait,remember?
yet they are both on that list

In case you missed it,see the criteria

TIER 1
Countries whose governments fully comply with the Trafficking Victims Protection Act’s (TVPA) minimum standards

TIER 2
Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the TVPA’s minimum standards, but are making significant efforts to bring themselves into compliance with those standards

TIER 2 WATCH LIST
Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the TVPA’s minimum standards, but are making significant efforts to bring themselves into compliance with those standards AND:
a) The absolute number of victims of severe forms of trafficking is very significant or is
significantly increasing; or
b) There is a failure to provide evidence of increasing efforts to combat severe forms of trafficking in persons from the previous year; or
c) The determination that a country is making significant efforts to bring themselves into compliance with minimum standards was based on commitments by the country to take additional future steps over the next year

TIER 3
Countries whose governments do not fully comply with the minimum standards and are not making significant efforts to do so

so are you arguing that those Muslim countries should have been given a 1?
What in the above makes them not to deserve an f ?

Watch the name calling. I have not stated anything that is untrue, and so I don't see what warrants the accusation.
English language is not as difficult as you make it seem. I said people with bad relations with the US are likely to end up in TIER 3, and NOT that all people in TIER 3 have bad relations with the US.
e.g.
The Government of Iran does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking, and is not making significant efforts to do so. Lack of access to Iran by U.S. Government officials impedes the collection of information on the country’s human trafficking problem and the government’s efforts to curb it.
and thus Iran ended up in TIER 3 undecided

With all your assertions, you are yet to state how non compliance with an act equates to being guilty of the crime as you imply in your posts.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
biina:

What has the religion and system of government have to do with human trafficking? human rights violations goes beyond human trafficking.

I suppose it depends on what camp you are on. smiley

A few nation in Africa still have a systematic form of slavery still going on. The government largely turns a blind eye to this. It is a well known issue with nations having black Africans and Arab-Africans as her citizens

This issue have been discussed before and from what I can recollect, the government and religion institution have all been implicated.

biina:

With all your assertions, you are yet to state how non compliance with an act equates to being guilty of the crime as you imply in your posts.

I would love to think an extensive research and consultations on many levels was probably carried out. From where I stand, how hard would it be for a nation to implement those basic standards? To be fair, a nation as standard should have laws against trafficking. If this is lacking, then it is a fair move to deemed then probably "guilty" of flouting the basic laws. Or do you not agree? At least, this would politically motivate them to do something about what is perceived as a lax in their own laws [i.e offending nations]
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by biina: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

I suppose it depends on what camp you are on. smiley

A few nation in Africa still have a systematic form of slavery still going on. The government largely turns a blind eye to this. It is a well known issue with nations having black Africans and Arab-Africans as her citizens

This issue have been discussed before and from what I can recollect, the government and religion institution have all been implicated.
Could you please point me to the discussion.
The problem of human trafficking is not correlated to the system of government or religion as you propose, as I cant remember san francisco being in an islamic state or under a dictatorship, yet it is a prime hub for human trafficking.

I would love to think an extensive research and consultations on many levels was probably carried out. From where I stand, how hard would it be for a nation to implement those basic standards? To be fair, a nation as standard should have laws against trafficking. If this is lacking, then it is a fair move to deemed then probably "guilty" of flouting the basic laws. Or do you not agree? At least, this would politically motivate them to do something about what is perceived as a lax in their own laws [i.e offending nations]
you 'would love to think' and 'probably' are not phrases that ensconce confidence.
The fact that I dont have laws specifically directed at human trafficking could simply be because I have other indirect laws (like against prostitution). Yet my grouse is with using the fact that the US does not have adequate access to the efforts by the government to mean that there is a lack of it, or that the crime is engendered.

I personally would prefer a report based on figures on source, transit, and destination cities of human trafficking means, and not some compliance with an act, which does not really tell us where the problem is and how bad it is.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7694381.stm

There you go. Don't know what your internet connection is like, but try and watch the video if you can.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4250709.stm

Check that news link.

Sorry am in a middle of a gaming session - playing someone one line and they wont wait for me.

I am saying "I would love to think. . ." because there is no way such acts would have been passed without consideration for the very thing we are discussing now.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by biina: 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2009
ElRazur:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7694381.stm

There you go. Don't know what your internet connection is like, but try and watch the video if you can.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4250709.stm

Check that news link.

Sorry am in a middle of a gaming session - playing someone one line and they wont wait for me.

I am saying "I would love to think. . ." because there is no way such acts would have been passed without consideration for the very thing we are discussing now.
Not exactly what I was hoping for (as it did not link the slavery to any specific religion or system of government), but it does raise a serious question on the definitions of slavery and human trafficking, as not everyone that is smuggled is against their will.
The subject of the video doesn't seem to be a slave in the traditional sense of it, but more like a victim of a forced marriage (as she said she repeatedly ran back to her family who brought her back).
Still it is sad that humans can still treat another being so poorly.

Which game are you playing? and hope they are whooping your sorry arse! tongue
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
biina:

Could you please point me to the discussion.
The problem of human trafficking is not correlated to the system of government or religion as you propose, as I cant remember san francisco being in an islamic state or under a dictatorship, yet it is a prime hub for human trafficking.
you 'would love to think' and 'probably' are not phrases that ensconce confidence.
The fact that I dont have laws specifically directed at human trafficking could simply be because I have other indirect laws (like against prostitution). Yet my grouse is with using the fact that the US does not have adequate access to the efforts by the government to mean that there is a lack of it, or that the crime is engendered.

I[b] personally would prefer a report based on figures on source, transit, and destination cities of human trafficking means, and not some compliance with an act, which does not really tell us where the problem is and how bad it is.[/b]

This is not about you and your preferences.
google slavery in Saudi Arabia and read till you drop
Saudi Arabia outlawed slavery on paper in 1962 (We all know Islam condones slavery) and the USA outlawed slavery in 1865
what does that tell you?
abeg  do some reading and some talking like an illiterate
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 12:10am On Jul 02, 2009
National abolition dates
abolition of slavery timeline
Slavery was abolished in these nations in these years:

Hungary: Stephen I of Hungary, the first Hungarian Christian king, declared in his laws (near 1000) that any slave that lives, stays or enters the territory of the Kingdom of Hungary would become free immediately.

Sweden: Magnus IV of Sweden declared the end of thralldom in 1335 "for thralls born by Christian parents in the thing areas of Västergötland and Värend".[30] Swedish participation in the transatlantic slave trade was forbidden in 1813, and in 1847, slavery was abolished, after an initial decision taken in 1846.[31] (The last legally owned slaves in the Swedish colony of St Barthélemy were bought by the state and freed on October 9, 1847.)[32]

Japan: In 1587 Toyotomi Hideyoshi ordered all slave trading to be abolished. His successor Tokugawa Ieyasu also continued abolition of slavery although severe servitude was still in practice until the fall of the Tokugawa Shogunate in the 1860s.
Portugal: 1761 in Portugal and Portuguese India (1869, African colonies)

England and Wales: In practice, 1772, as a result of Somersett's case; although the legal effect of this was much more limited; see Slavery at common law

Scotland: 1776 as a result of Wedderburne's case[2] [3]

Vermont Republic: 1777, Commonwealth of Vermont, an independent republic created after the American Revolution, on 8 July 1777. Vermont joined the United States of America in 1791.

Bukovina: 1783, Joseph II, Holy Roman Emperor issued an order abolishing slavery on 19 June 1783 in Czernowitz.[33]
Central Great Lakes Region of the United States: 1787, pre-dating the United States Constitution by the Northwest Ordinance which re-affirmed it in 1789.

Haiti: 1791, revolt among nearly half a million slaves in the North; the French commissioner of the colony ended slavery in 1794.

Upper Canada: 1793, by Act Against Slavery (this did not free any slaves, but stated that children of current slaves would become free at age 25)

France (first time): 1794–1802, including all colonies (although abolition was never carried out in some colonies, because of resistance by local assemblies, or because the colonies were under British occupation)

Lower Canada: In 1803, William Osgoode, then Chief Justice of Lower Canada, ruled that slavery was not compatible with British law; this freed many slaves, but some remained enslaved until the abolition of slavery in the entire British Empire in 1833

Chile: 1811 partially, and in 1823 for all who remained as slave and "whoever slave setting a foot on Chilean soil".

Argentina: 1813

Gran Colombia (Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, and Venezuela): 1821, through a gradual emancipation plan (Colombia in 1853, Venezuela in 1854)
Federal Republic of Central America, present (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica): 1824

Mexico: 1829

British Empire: 1833, including all colonies (with effect from 1 August 1834; in East Indies from 1 August 1838). Slavery was ruled illegal in England in 1772. In 1807 slave trading was abolished, and the Royal Navy tasked with suppressing it, even when carried on by non-British subjects.

Mauritius: 1 February 1835, under the British government. This day is a public holiday.

Spain: 1837, only for metropolis, not for colonies.

Denmark: 1848, including all colonies (July 3, Danish West Indies)

France (second time): 1848, including all colonies

Peru: African-Peruvian slaves were nominally released in 1821 by Gen. San Martin, but they did not get actual freedom until Ramon Castilla's decree of 1851. Chinese labourers replaced the African slaves since then and worked on a semi-slavery regime, until they were mostly freed by Chilean troops during the War of the Pacific in 1880. Native Peruvians in some regions of the country continued working on a slavery based regime that had begun as encomiendas during the Spanish rule, and were finally freed by Gen. Juan Velasco in 1969, the year slavery finally ended in Peru.

Moldavia: 1855

Wallachia: 1856

Russia: In 1861 Emancipation of Serfs, releasing 20 million, occurred under Tsar Alexander II; Emancipation reform of 1861

The Netherlands: 1863, including all colonies, but kept using 'Recruits' from Africa until 1940

The United States: 1865, after the American Civil War (Many states abolished slavery for themselves at various dates between 1777 and 1864)

Puerto Rico 1873 and Cuba: 1886 (both were colonies of Spain at the time)

Ottoman Empire: 1876.

Brazil: 1888. The last country in the Americas to abolish slavery.[34] The Imperial Princess Isabel de Bragança abolished all forms of slavery existent in the Brazilian Empire.

Korea: 1894 (hereditary slavery ended in 1886)

Madagascar: 1896

Zanzibar: 1897 (slave trade abolished in 1873)

Siam (Thailand): 1905[35]

China: 1910[36] (However, still in 1930, there were still about 4 million children treated as slaves in China.[37][38])
Somalia: 1920[39]
Afghanistan: 1923[40]
Sudan: Officially abolished in 1924, actually still practiced today.[[/b]41] See Slavery in Sudan.
Ethiopia: 1923 (slavery was officially abolished at this time as a prerequisite for admission into the League of Nations, though it took many years for the law to be enforced throughout the empire)
[b]Iraq: 1924[[/b]42]
Nepal: 1926[43][44]
Iran: 1928
Burma: 1929
Morocco: Slavery was outlawed in the 1930s.[45]

[b]Northern Nigeria: 1936
[46] shocked shocked shocked

Qatar: 1952 shocked shocked shocked

Saudi Arabia: 1962 shocked shocked shocked

Yemen: 1962 shocked shocked shocked

United Arab Emirates: 1963 shocked shocked shocked

Oman: 1970 shocked shocked shocked

Mauritania: July 1980 (still formally abolished by French authorities in 1905, then implicitly in the new constitution of 1961 and expressly in October that year when the country joined the United Nations), actually still practiced. Slavery in Mauritania was criminalized in August 2007. shocked shocked shocked
Niger: 2003. Slave markets in Niger were closed during the French colonization, but slavery in Niger was finally criminalized as late as in 2003 (came into force a year later).[47]
Nepal: 2008. The government abolished the Haliya system of forced labour, freeing about 20,000 people.[48
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by ElRazur: 12:11am On Jul 02, 2009
More here. http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Story?id=813618&page=1

Government and religion implicated to some extent. But I guess it all depends on what side one is on. smiley

PS
Rainbow six las vegas2.
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 12:14am On Jul 02, 2009
see when these Muslim places abolished slavery "officially"

Northern Nigeria: 1936[46]     shocked shocked shocked shocked

Qatar: 1952     shocked shocked shocked shocked

Saudi Arabia: 1962     shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yemen: 1962     shocked shocked shocked shocked

United Arab Emirates: 1963     shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oman: 1970     shocked shocked shocked shocked

Mauritani[/b]a: July 1980 (still formally abolished by French authorities in 1905, then implicitly in the new constitution of 1961 and expressly in October that year when the country joined the United Nations), actually still practiced. Slavery in Mauritania was criminalized in August 2007.    shocked shocked shocked shocked

[b]Niger:
2003. Slave markets in Niger were closed during the French colonization, but slavery in Niger was finally criminalized as late as in 2003 (came into force a year later).[47] Nepal: 2008. The government abolished the Haliya system of forced labour, freeing about 20,000 people.[48

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

The religion of "peace" would not let go of their slaves shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
no wonder
Re: Are Dictatorships and Majority-Muslim Countries Leading in Human Trafficking? by sosisi(f): 12:17am On Jul 02, 2009
Compare that to the United states where the last state to abolish slavery did so in 1865 and Britain abolished slavery in 1770's

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slavery In The Americas And West Indies - More Shocking Than Imagined / 10 Things You Should Know About Saudi Arabia’s New King / Nigeria Vote Against Usa In Favor Of Palestine Risking Help Aides From USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.