Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (37652 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by frenchman(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2010
i am having the same problem on the website, i tried rescheduling the date but kept on giving me 6th of September.
but the problem now is that i will be travelling to Nigeria on the 5th of September, I already bought my ticket.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2010
Can someone kindly tell me what you are booking online and what the interview is all about please

I'll be going there next week to submit my visa form & passport and don't know if I need to do anything else. undecided Thanks
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by rume(m): 12:11am On Jun 10, 2010
My current passport is meant to expire next year but it isn't an e-passport, which is why I'm applying for another one as the old type will be invalid from December but I'm wondering if the invalidity is if I'm travelling to Nigeria or if I can use it somewhere else after December. Does anyone know?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babyjowo: 4:42am On Jun 10, 2010
So it re-scheduled me and gave me SEPTEMBER 10!!! Wow. From June to September.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by frenchman(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
What do you guys think I should do now? I am unable to reschedule my interview to another date apart from september which the system gave me.
I will be travelling to Nigeria b4 the interview date. What should I do now?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2010
What should I do now?

frenchman, I would really like to assist you with your query but I have no idea what it is you are asking. Hopefully, someone in the know will be along soon to help. Good luck (whatever it is)
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by frenchman(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
Sorry if i was not explicit enough. What i want to know is if there is a way of forcing a reschedule or cancelling the interview outrightly.
I have tried both, but none worked.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
What i want to know is if there is a way of forcing a reschedule or cancelling the interview outrightly.
I have tried both, but none worked.

I get you now. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your query soon as I have no idea. Soz.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoAlata(f): 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2010
I'll be giving you my experience tomorrow - I've put it off for so long and it needs doing now

Went to the postoffice today for the postal orders. The cashier said I could buy ONE postal order for all of us (she said it'll save me money) but I declined and asked for it separately. Don't want the "crazy woman" to shout ojare
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by martsy: 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
I went to the Nigerian Embassy today and on arriving at 10 am I met a crowd of people not in a queue and shouting. An official at the door step had told everyone to line up but there were some stubborns ones who did not want go in the queue. Anyway, mine was to obtain a visa for my british passport. From the moment I entered in the waiting downstairs I was worried that I might be asked for a letter of invitation which would have been a problem as I had a hot arguement with my sister on the phone whom is living in Nigeria as she is the only one I know who would write out a letter of invitation and my other sister was nasty to me on the phone. I kept on asking myself what am I going to do if I am asked for a letter of invitation. But how lucky I was when my numbered was called by the lady at the counter she verified my form following I presented my postal order of £20 and was told to buy a further £70 postal order plus £9. which I handed over to the lady at the counter. The lady was polite. I will be going back next week to collect my visa. It was not all that bad but services could be provided as there was only one Lady at counter for collecting postal orders to visas. I had to wait for 2 hours and 2mins. On leaving there was a man outside who was screaming his head off at the security official. I really felt sorry for the Security official as he looked scared of the big Naija guy who was aiming to hit him.
I said to the Security official softly, softly make dem no beat you up O. and the man replied certainly not nobody will beat me up O.
Poor chap. I knew he was frightened
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by chika98: 3:40am On Sep 10, 2010
martsy:

I went to the Nigerian Embassy today and on arriving at 10 am I met a crowd of people not in a queue and shouting. An official at the door step had told everyone to line up but there were some stubborns ones who did not want go in the queue. Anyway, mine was to obtain a visa for my british passport. From the moment I entered in the waiting downstairs I was worried that I might be asked for a letter of invitation which would have been a problem as I had a hot arguement with my sister on the phone whom is living in Nigeria as she is the only one I know who would write out a letter of invitation and my other sister was nasty to me on the phone. I kept on asking myself what am I going to do if I am asked for a letter of invitation. But how lucky I was when my numbered was called by the lady at the counter she verified my form following I presented my postal order of £20 and was told to buy a further £70 postal order plus £9. which I handed over to the lady at the counter. The lady was polite. I will be going back next week to collect my visa. It was not all that bad but services could be provided as there was only one Lady at counter for collecting postal orders to visas. I had to wait for 2 hours and 2mins. On leaving there was a man outside who was screaming his head off at the security official. I really felt sorry for the Security official as he looked scared of the big Naija guy who was aiming to hit him.
I said to the Security official softly, softly make dem no beat you up O. and the man replied certainly not nobody will beat me up O.
Poor chap. I knew he was frightened

Irrelevant information don't you think?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
//
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by chika98: 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^^ See you advertising na your second name grin
Make una continue. Can you share your Canadian passport with me? cheesy

I just didn't understand why the dude had to add that bit.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2010
/
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by chika98: 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2010
^^^ We no get o. Infact I no get at all. I rather you share GBP with me grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by PeachyBody: 4:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I am to travel to Lagos in December for a wedding, can anyone advise the routine for getting a visa for myself.

I am not Nigerian, but my boss is, he's the one getting married, am British, and been reading the threads and it seems scary undecided

Any help is appreciated ie: documents, payment etc,

Thanks in advance
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by beneli(m): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2010
PeachyBody:

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I am to travel to Lagos in December for a wedding, can anyone advise the routine for getting a visa for myself.

I am not Nigerian, but my boss is, he's the one getting married, am British, and been reading the threads and it seems scary undecided

Thanks in advance

You can pretty much get all the information you want on this link - http://www.nhcuk.org/visa-requirements
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by reindeer: 6:40pm On Nov 08, 2010
PeachyBody:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance

Come on! am british?i am not nigerian, lol!indeeed!! grin grin grin
@beneli, thanks for educating the british grin grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babsjnr(m): 11:23am On Jan 08, 2011
hello friends, i try to reschedule my interview date online @ nigeian embassy in london but still it won't change the date, guys please what can i do 2 reschedule my interview date early because i can't wait for the next 5 months for interview. thanks
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by jikings(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2011
I've been to the NEL three times in my 7 year stay in UK and its been a very horrible experience on each occassion. They run that place like Nigerian community banks in the 80's in Nigeria.

My advise for Nigerians living in the UK illegally or you really really miss home and can't travel, visit Nigeria Embassy London and you'll catch up!!!, grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by jikings(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
reindeer:

Come on! am british?i am not nigerian, lol!indeeed!! grin grin grin
@beneli, thanks for educating the british grin grin

I can bet my life on you, you are 100% Nigerian ( your english speaks for you). You can tell us you have a Britico Kpali and possibly and expired Nigerian passport, grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by jikings(m): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
PeachyBody:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management
« #212 on: Today at 02:33:31 PM »

I can bet my life on you, you are 100% Nigerian ( your english speaks for you). You can tell us you have a Britico Kpali and possibly and expired Nigerian passport, grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by justwise(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
jikings:

I've been to the NEL three times in my 7 year stay in UK and its been a very horrible experience on each occassion. They run that place like Nigerian community banks in the 80's in Nigeria.

My advise for Nigerians living in the UK illegally or you really really miss home and can't travel, visit Nigeria Embassy London and you'll catch up!!!, grin grin grin

hahahahaha, that is funny, though my 1st time there wasn't that bad, took me abt 3wks to get my passport.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by DisGuy: 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
babsjnr:

hello friends, i try to reschedule my interview date online @ nigeian embassy in london but still it won't change the date, guys please what can i do 2 reschedule my interview date early because i can't wait for the next 5 months for interview. thanks

it seems to be static now, doesn't seem to re-schedule dates any more
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babsjnr(m): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ Dis Guy dat mean i've 2 wait for the next 5 months
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by DisGuy: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Well if you have to travel before then you'd better go down there pronto and ask question, doubt you'll get reasonable/any response if you call them; so best bet will be to go there and ask them, you can try calling if you dont live in London though
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by babsjnr(m): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ dis guy i will ring them by next week and ask them for fast track
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by reindeer: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2011
jikings:

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management
« #212 on: Today at 02:33:31 PM »

No mind the guy, the english wey im speak sef show say im be nija wey no too go school.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2011
Hello All,

I was thinking of applying for a Nigerian passport for my son but after reading all the comments about long interview dates, I have decided to apply for a visa for him.

My main headache:::

I have checked the website and I can't seem to find any instructions as to how to submit visa applications. I can only see download form and fees.
After filling the forms and gathering all the documents, do I just go to the embassy without an appointment?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by justwise(m): 10:18am On Feb 09, 2011
aysometin:

Hello All,
I was thinking of applying for a Nigerian passport for my son but after reading all the comments about long interview dates, I have decided to apply for a visa for him.
I have checked the website and I can't seem to find any instructions as to how to submit visa applications. I can only see download form and fees.
After filling the forms and gathering all the documents, do I just go to the embassy without an appointment?

You will fill the form online and make the payment online as well and submit, then u will be asked to print out the payment receipt and the form. One of those forms will contain your appointment date. Most importantly the 20 pounds postal order.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by segzeybaba(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2011
aysometin:

Hello All,

Yeah you have to submit your form, fees and documents at the embassy without an appointment, just walk in, you get a ticket and wait for your number to be called and you will submit the docs to the visa officer.

But think applying for a Nigerian Passport is cheaper and better option for your son. Long interview dates is a big problem but if you know your way, you will beat them but you gotta be smart to beat those people sha!
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 09, 2011
Thanks for your response, very helpful! smiley

The problem I have is that we are leaving in a couple of weeks and I want to avoid disappointment.
It is expensive but I don't really have a choice, I'll get his Nigerian Passport done when I get to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics) / Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.