Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (37668 Views)

My Experience In Nigeria Embassy / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Mgmt Thread - Outdated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 4:30pm On May 16, 2011
WHERE IS SUPERMAN, WONDER HOW HE FARED ON HIS SOJOURN TO NIGERIA smiley
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 16, 2011
Thanks a lot for the prompt response Busy Body! smiley
Now on to my next question. How do I go about this?
Any pointers/ tips?
On the High Commission website, it only mentions renewals after 5 yrs.
I kinda need to travel to Naija in abt 1 month,
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 6:25pm On May 16, 2011
You don't need anything apart from the passport and you can even buy the £40 postal order onsite. Its in this link. You can either print this form along or go there, be told there is no form, then be made to wait hours for the Manager to bring it because they are all ashamed to say they want to instead redirect you to their business centre to pay £2 for internet access and 20p or was it 40p per page to print.

http://www.nhcuk.org/pdf/RenewalForm.pdf
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by lucabrasi(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2011
need to get the brand new passport and i am dreading the whole hassles in that nigerian house,im not suprised the whole place is in shambles anyway when the old man tafida who is supposed to be running things had abandoned his duty post to supervise goodluck's campaign
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 8:12am On May 26, 2011
lucabrasi:

need to get the brand new passport and i am dreading the whole hassles in that nigerian house,im not suprised the whole place is in shambles anyway when the old man tafida who is supposed to be running things had abandoned his duty post to supervise goodluck's campaign

Why didn't you get it done in Naija, you sef confess you like wahala small grin Just go and extend the old MRP one jare and don't forget to get the new one in naija whe next you go.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by lucabrasi(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2011
Busy_body:

Why didn't you get it done in Naija, you sef confess you like wahala small grin Just go and extend the old MRP one jare and don't forget to get the new one in naija whe next you go.
you ll slap me if i tell you the reason i didnt do the passport in nigeria, each time i plan to start the whole thing i postponed either because of the hot weather,or because i couldnt be bothered to wait and go through the whole thing or one my friends or ppl i was working with are taking me to another new joint loool.
i v extended it before o and i heard one cant extend it again abi can i still do the 5 yrs extension again?its the old passport
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by f6(m): 7:39am On May 27, 2011
Yes you can extend the old MRP, I didnt realise until i went there last week for an E-passport interview. My advice is make sure you arrive there early in order to get a ticket otherwise you may end up waiting a good few hours but asides that it appeared fairly organized as i wasn't expecting any better than that and i was adviced to return in 10 days time to collect my passport
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by lucabrasi(m): 8:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
@busy_body
been a while i saw your break light on nland hope everything is fine o,before we send search party to search the lenght and breadth of dagenham smiley
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
lucabrasi:

@busy_body
been a while i saw your break light on nland hope everything is fine o,before we send search party to search the lenght and breadth of dagenham smiley

Nor mind me jare, na this weather dey scatter my brain jare, its been teasing me with this yeye hayfever but it has been very very mild, so i am kinda in a limbo waiting for the full blown thing to come and go, that is if it is coming sef cheesy I usually have it every March without fail, but this year's own na one kain cheesy
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by lucabrasi(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^i understand jare,u r ajebota like my brother he always gets it without fail as well,so now he s stocked up on the hay fever drugs me i be ajepako if hay fever come i will mix it with red wine and drink ni lool
abi you want make we send for agbo for naija ni
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 3:53am On Jun 08, 2011
^^^

Your Brother is lucky mehn, drugs don't work in my case, I have to take the injection. Gosh i pity myself when i have this dreaded thing, i wonder what goes through people's minds when they see me snorting those white powdery stuffs which is supposedly supposed to shield one's nostril from those accursed pollen cheesy

Agbo ko, awww memories, i remember Dad would give us this bitter conc. agbo jedijedi stuff and Momsie would call us into a corner and stuff us full with chocolate to ward off the horrible taste grin

I also remember one time my Dad gave me some shot of agbo about 4/5 years ago, I downed it all in one go and just slumped to the ground. My Dad came back about 2 hours later and found me crumpled on the floor, he started to panic and tried to get me on my feet but i started acting groggily and was slurring my speech, come and see laughter that day, they just carried me on top one bed and left me to sleep, only to wake up to see even my 7 years old nephews laughing at me.

I still couldn't wrap my head round what was happening so my Dad said i should have sipped the agbo, not swallowed it in one go, and even my younger ones were teasing me that they drink half a pint with nothing happening to them cheesy Poor me that always get drunk on just one bottle of Hooch, na hin dem come give me one shot cheesy I don't know why I can't tolerate alcohol at all, i am missing out soooo much tongue
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by lucabrasi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^^^ ha me i like my paraga o in fact theres this joint by the roadside on allen avenue road that i never miss when im in nigeria and also kuramo beach the one on allen is a paraga joint and they open like from 10 pm till like 5 am as we r downng the diff mixes theres diced and fried peppered ponmo and meat the kuramo one u ll first take the shots then barbequed fish with pepper and tomatoe sauce
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by subs91: 1:13am On Jun 23, 2011
Hey guys I have a small query regarding renewals of passports after 5 years. What exactly do I need to bring to the embassy (northumberland avenue) to get it renewed? How long does it take to get it renewed? Their website is down right now so I can't print out the form that you need apparently. If anyone can email me the form I will be very grateful.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by PremierGuy(m): 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2011
Please fellow Nigerians, has anyone got a link to the Nigerian High Commission London, the website is down.
This is getting irritating by the minute, with all the noise about re-branding the nation, common website to get information is not available.
To maintain a website shouldn't cost more than £20,000 par month.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by flockyman: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2011
Hi All,
I live in Chicago, IL. I had an appointment with Nigeria mission in Washington DC to apply for the new e-passport. I missed my interview date because the SW global website was not pretty straight forward with their information. I need to reschedule for a new interview which I did already through SW global. No changes to my request yet.

Questions.

1. How long does it take them to give me a new date?

2. I still have my old passport. What other documents do I need to take with me.

3. IS there a number to reach SW global apart from 877-693-1919

Your Kind reply will be appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by jaqua2: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2011
I have applied for visas for myself and my husband in the past and it was a bit easier, now it's a complete nightmare. First of all don't try to call them as they do not answer on ANY of their phone options. Secondly they do not reply to emails either. Thirdly the only option to apply for a visa (without any help) is to apply online at http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/, I then clicked on Immigration then Fees and Forms, scrolled down and clicked on download form for a Tourist / Visitor Visa. The website then redirects me to another website completely http://immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=6. On the homepage I click on Apply online and the under Visa I click on Entry Visa Application form, then select processing country which I selected United Kingdom and press Start Application, then I am transferred to a third website https://www.swgloballlc.com/nis?appVars=dmlzYSMjI0dC which is based in the US. After completing the online application and paying more then the price stated on the http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/ website because they are charging in dollars! Their standards are poor, customer service zero and they are day light robbers. I was then emailed confirm of an appointment to attend the High Commission in London with no time just date, no address supplied and no list of items I need to bring. My husband went there today at 13:10 and they turned around and said that they finish seeing people at 13:00 and to come back Monday! They said it's state on the letter, which it didn't and they still didn't see him even though it was only ten minutes! It's so ridiculous, it's unbelievable cry
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Busybody2(f): 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2012
jaqua2:

I have applied for visas for myself and my husband in the past and it was a bit easier, now it's a complete nightmare. First of all don't try to call them as they do not answer on ANY of their phone options. Secondly they do not reply to emails either. Thirdly the only option to apply for a visa (without any help) is to apply online at http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/, I then clicked on Immigration then Fees and Forms, scrolled down and clicked on download form for a Tourist / Visitor Visa. The website then redirects me to another website completely http://immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=6. On the homepage I click on Apply online and the under Visa I click on Entry Visa Application form, then select processing country which I selected United Kingdom and press Start Application, then I am transferred to a third website https://www.swgloballlc.com/nis?appVars=dmlzYSMjI0dC which is based in the US. After completing the online application and paying more then the price stated on the http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/ website because they are charging in dollars! Their standards are poor, customer service zero and they are day light robbers. I was then emailed confirm of an appointment to attend the High Commission in London with no time just date, no address supplied and no list of items I need to bring. My husband went there today at 13:10 and they turned around and said that they finish seeing people at 13:00 and to come back Monday! They said it's state on the letter, which it didn't and they still didn't see him even though it was only ten minutes! It's so ridiculous, it's unbelievable cry

Awww hugs kiss Have to go there myself this January but keep putting it away due to the nightmares the thought is giving me. Your hubby needs to take along extra money because everytime i have been there, i have overheard people crying and lamenting that they paid $140 online only to be told to fork out £70 whilst handing in the forms again embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by jaqua2: 12:57am On Jan 02, 2012
I don't blame you, it is an absolute nightmare! My hubby is now in Nigeria and he got his visa after 3 visits to the Embassy!!! Most of the information on the website is incorrect, down to the amount you pay for fees and the visa, to the amount of papers you need to bring, to the amount of copies of each document you need! So it's better to take a back up of everything and yes bring extra money just in case. My hubby and I will be trying to apply for Nigerian Passport to avoid getting visas to stop this headache every time we want to go.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by N101: 4:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
Busy_body:

Awww hugs kiss Have to go there myself this January but keep putting it away due to the nightmares the thought is giving me. Your hubby needs to take along extra money because everytime i have been there, i have overheard people crying and lamenting that they paid $140 online only to be told to fork out £70 whilst handing in the forms again embarassed embarassed

You shouldn't have to hand over money again once you've paid online. Unfortunately I was probably one of the first people to test the system years ago before it was supposed to be officially up and running. I spent a whole day at Nigeria House, fortunately I printed out a copy of EVERYTHING. . .or so I thought.

In the end I was taken to see one of the officials, had to run out to find an internet cafe to print out a receipt from my bank account to show I had paid the money. He also called Abuja to confirm.

I would not be paying twice unless they're going to refund me there and then. But make sure you print your form if you can, any payment you make online, and a copy of your bank statement where payment was made. And if possible get a passport on your next trip to Nigeria cool
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by smoothop1: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
Guys,

Im Planning to go to Nigeria in April and i still have the MRP issued in may 2007 and expire may 2012, it has ILR visa on it and im wonderin if it is still allowed until the actual expiry date. However, i do plan to apply for a biometric one when i get to lagos as the Nigerian House in London is Shambolic
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoTier1(m): 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
smooth op:

Guys,

Im Planning to go to Nigeria in April and i still have the MRP issued in may 2007 and expire may 2012, it has ILR visa on it and im wonderin if it is still allowed until the actual expiry date. However, i do plan to apply for a biometric one when i get to lagos as the Nigerian House in London is Shambolic
You can use your old MRP to enter Nigeria but you can not use it to travel out. Like you rightly said, apply for the new e-passport and have it with you. You do not need to transfer your ILR to the new passport. At MMA, if your old MRP passport is not 'cancel without prejudice' then use your new e-passport for identification only and ask them to continue to stamp your old Mechine Readable Passport (MRP).

Hopes this helps.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by smoothop1: 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

You can use your old MRP to enter Nigeria but you can not use it to travel out. Like you rightly said, apply for the new e-passport and have it with you. You do not need to transfer your ILR to the new passport. At MMA, if your old MRP passport is not 'cancel without prejudice' then use your new e-passport for identification only and ask them to continue to stamp your old Mechine Readable Passport (MRP).

Hopes this helps.

Thanks Omo_Tier1 for the response phew, wink wink wink wink, i dont intend to transfer my ILR anyway i will just be glad to use it to enter the Nigeria and i will apply fo an e-passport the next day. I do have a British Passport which i can use when leaving Nigeria (That is if i do not get my e-passport in time).
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by BDT: 1:46am On Jan 14, 2012
I have found discussions on Nairaland useful.
My husband and I are due to attend for e-passport interview, I am having such a nightmare that I am thinking it's a bad idea to visit Nigeria House.
I need help, one of the requirements is local government letter of recommendation, we live in London, is this really necessary?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoTier1(m): 2:04am On Jan 14, 2012
BDT:

I have found discussions on Nairaland useful.
My husband and I are due to attend for e-passport interview, I am having such a nightmare that I am thinking it's a bad idea to visit Nigeria House.
I need help, one of the requirements is local government letter of recommendation, we live in London, is this really necessary?

Go down there with all other documentations and they will tell you what to do as regard Local Government Letter of Recommendation. Alternatively, if you hold a British Passport, then apply for a Nigeria visit visas and when you do visit Nigeria, process your e-passport as you would be able to get the Forms from the NIS and your passport can be processed in a day.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by BDT: 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thank you very much, we have pad $69 each, do you think we can get a refund?
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoTier1(m): 6:03pm On Jan 14, 2012
BDT:

Thank you very much, we have pad $69 each, do you think we can get a refund?
They are suppose to but since the NIS is using a thrid party payment system, you would need to re-read their terms and conditions. Better, when you go apply for your visas at the NHC, do ask one of the staff there.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by BDT: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
Thank you Omo_, very grateful, I guess, we will attend on Monday, fingers crossed.
How about Travelling Certificate, my bag was stollen in September, 2011 during an event, I have my niece's passport in my bag,
I went to report it at Nigeria House, after obtaining police crime reference number, which was not good enough for Nigeria house. The man at the front door was very dismissive, I was told ", go and wait until somebody returns it, , the passport had valid 4 years visa on it. No details was taken, I was not allowed through the door, people were discussing their private problems on the kerb.
I found it service very unprofessional. How much does a CT cost, please? legitimately.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by OmoTier1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2012
BDT:

Thank you Omo_, very grateful, I guess, we will attend on Monday, fingers crossed.
How about Travelling Certificate, my bag was stollen in September, 2011 during an event, I have my niece's passport in my bag,
I went to report it at Nigeria House, after obtaining police crime reference number, which was not good enough for Nigeria house. The man at the front door was very dismissive, I was told ", go and wait until somebody returns it, , the passport had valid 4 years visa on it. No details was taken, I was not allowed through the door, people were discussing their private problems on the kerb.
I found it service very unprofessional. How much does a CT cost, please? legitimately.

I think you can find all the information here as regard CT and the guidelines you need to follow.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/travel-abroad/traveldocuments/applying/

With the information you have given so far, I do not envisaged any problem with getting a CT for him except for the waiting times. I think your experience with the officials of the NHC is not far from what to expect from them really. They have improved a little bit but it is still shameful that they can not assist with simple queries which any decent Embassy would assist her citizens with in a foriegn land.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by eyejae(m): 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hello,

Has anyone renewed his/her passport successfully in the UK? If so could you please provide me a list of the documents you used?

According to the NIS online application form it says to take printed and signed application forms + 2 recent photos + payment confirmed + acknowledgement slip. I have all of these.

But on the website it also says to take a Guarantor's form sworn before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge + Local Government letter of identification + a Guarantor's (a) Photocopy of Data page of Nigerian standard Passport and (b) Driving License or National Identity Card. I don't have any of these.

Any info or advice from someone who has renewed successfully in the UK will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by eyejae(m): 1:04am On Feb 25, 2012
Just got my new passport. The process was very easy, except it involved me travelling twice to London.

Because I got little or no info online on how to go about the renewal, I've decided to tell my own experience. Perhaps it could help someone.

These are the documents I took to my first appointment:

1) Copy of my completed and signed online application form
2) Copy of my acknowledgement slip
3) Copy of my payment confirmed slip
4) My old passport
5) £20 Postal order
6) 2 photos

Contrary to the info on the application form, there is no need to take 2 photos. This is because the HC would take your picture and biometrics there.

Very important: you have to go on the date of your appointment (as stated in your application form), whether or not that date is after the expiry date on your passport.

I arrived at around 9:45am on the day of my appointment. There was a queue, but it moved very quickly. Some1 at the entrance checked my forms, and particularly highlighted my appointment date. Then, I was directed to a large room, where I was given a ticket number and simply waited until my number was called.

When called, I presented those documents I've listed and then waited again until I was called to go upstairs to do my biometrics + photo.

After this I was given another appointment date for the collection of my new e-passport.

Very easy process. It took about 2 hours on my first appointment, and less than 45 minutes on my next.

By the way, I got this extra info from 1 of the officials there:

Those who are under 18 would need to include a guarantor’s form filled by their parents/guardian. They also have to include a photocopy of the guarantor’s passport data page.

Also, very important: if you already have a Nigerian passport and you did not get it in the UK, they would check for your visas. If they don't find any visa, they would ask you how and where you got your passport.

There’s 1 more point that was made about the passport for another category of people. Unfortunately, I do not remember it right now.

So, this is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Bando77: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Urgent please,fellow Nairalanders can anyone advise if an overstayer who decides to leave voluntarily with an ETC on another name will have any problem like (Printing) on their way out of London? Anyone has experience or someone that just travelled on it? Thanks for your help.
Re: Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management by Rossikk(m): 12:51am On Aug 05, 2012
I've a relative in London that needs a visa to travel to Naija by this Friday, and this swgloball site only takes visa card which the bobo hasn't got. Does the Naija embassy in London have an office for visa payment? Anybody know? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pilot Bello Mohamed Baba-Ari Buried After NAF Plane Crash / Graphic Photos Of Dead People In Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Details Of How Bristow Helicopter Crashed In Lagos ..names And Pictures Of Victi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.