Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) (2352 Views)

:( Awful State Of AGBADO-IJU/AGEGE Road In Ogun State(photos) / The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / The Bad State Of Agbado -Agege Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by LilNetty(m): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
We are using this medium to appeal to the Ogun State government to come to our aid at Agbado Ogun.... The Dust is just to much for us ooo....Pls the mods should do the needful...

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
The same ogun wey baba go commision one yeye project?
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by OVI75(m): 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Super bad,wen its Harmattan season nly God kmws d kind of health havoc its going to be causing. Al naiealandets let's take note and starte a trend of exposib Al D's bad roads,so D's underperforming govs wil stop recivn awards dey r Neva qualified fr.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ogun state has a long way to go.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by PaulJohn1: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Ogun state has a long way to go.

Nigeria generally has a long way to go, even the FCT has dusty roads (not suburb). This doesn't justify the un-tarred road in Ogun though.
Most border roads in Ogun are in terrible conditions. Sagam-Ikorodu, Ijebu Ode-Imota, and also the one in Akute.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by LilNetty(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
pictures of the abandoned fly over bridge that was built before his campaign... since he won we have not seen any changes

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by eposho: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ogun shtate @ 80
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by moscobabs(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
LilNetty:
pictures of the abandoned fly over bridge that was built before his campaign... since he won we have not seen any changes
what do u mean by abandoned fly over . I live in Ijoko . and this project is part of Sango-berger project which is still under construction . they are presently working on sango-ijoko road and bridge now then ijoko-Agbado before Agbado-berger . u guys don't appreciate the governor . OGB was the governor for 8yrs did nothing .instead of u to critisize that u r saying rubbish here on naira land.

although the road suppose to be constructed under 3 yrs but now going to 4 but we still need to credit the man for remembering us.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by LilNetty(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
moscobabs:

what do u mean by abandoned fly over . I live in Ijoko . and this project is part of Sango-berger project which is still under construction . they are presently working on sango-ijoko road and bridge now then ijoko-Agbado before Agbado-berger . u guys don't appreciate the governor . OGB was the governor for 8yrs did nothing .instead of u to critisize that u r saying rubbish here on naira land.

although the road suppose to be constructed under 3 yrs but now going to 4 but we still need to credit the man for remembering us.

I don't think u ply this road at all to know what people are facing every day....

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by chriskosherbal(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
Govt pls help them
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
some ppl will pretend as if they just drop down from mars and they are oblivious of the current economic climate in the country. many state govt are no longer executing capital projects anymore, I was in ijoko just over the weekend, a lot of work is going on , on that road, it's the same road that leads to agbado the OP is talking about and trying to deceive uninformed ppl that the govnor has done nothing in that part of the state. Since the return to democracy in 1999, no previous ogun state govt has touched any part of the boarder towns to lagos in ogun. you ppl will still not give credit to the governor that has given residents of those areas a sense of belonging
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by LilNetty(m): 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
santori:
some ppl will pretend as if they just drop down from mars and they are oblivious of the current economic climate in the country. many state govt are no longer executing capital projects anymore, I was in ijoko just over the weekend, a lot of work is going on , on that road, it's the same road that leads to agbado the OP is talking about and trying to deceive uninformed ppl that the govnor has done nothing in that part of the state. Since the return to democracy in 1999, no previous ogun state govt has touched any part of the boarder towns to lagos in ogun. you ppl will still not give credit to the governor that has given residents of those areas a sense of belonging
so I have no right to share what's bothering me? If I may ask when last did u ply the Ijoko to Agbado Road

2 Likes

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by moscobabs(m): 4:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
LilNetty:

I don't think u ply this road at all to know what people are facing every day....
I drive via the road everyday cos i work in berger . the dust is much? that's is the only excuse you can give me for now.

1 Like

Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by moscobabs(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
santori:
thank u very much. I live in ijoko and the road is still under construction I don't know why the op created this Thread o.

some people sa
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by gists: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls o, which local government area is Agbado in Ogun state? I hope its not the one in Abule-Egba axis of Lagos grin
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by 1dorzine(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
What is the need starting a project you can't Finnish, what was the delay for? This road has been like this for over 2yrs...
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
LilNetty:

so I have no right to share what's bothering me? If I may ask when last did u ply the Ijoko to Agbado Road

you have the right my dear, just don't be hypocritical about it. There are still many parts of ogun state that are even wishing their areas is getting the kind of attention agbado is getting now, even though it is meagre

the fact is the available resources cannot cater for all of this issues at once. so cut the governor some slacks when venting
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
1dorzine:
What is the need starting a project you can't Finnish, what was the delay for? This road has been like this for over 2yrs...

don't forget federal allocation has dropped drastically since late 2014 and keeps dropping months after months. cut the governor some slack, no be teeth dem go take for finish the road shey u know
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
na true talk o
I've not seen a shovel on this road for more than a year now, the excuse of economic crisis is not tenable abeg, the road is causing serious health havoc on the populace, people living or doing business along the road are already relocating, same also with mowe ibafo/ofada axis.
when Lagos State was having similar experience at ijegun/jakande axis, they do wet it at intervals, even though it wasn't enough, it cushion the effect of the dust.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
ogun, imo osun are all having the same problem, good grassroot politicians, bad managers.
they all embark on hundreds of projects across the state without proper capital rationing and feasibility study, at the end, we have economic crisis and/or abandoned projects.
I was insulted and abused when I disagree with the way Rochas and Aregbe was carrying out project as if they will experience the same economic situation everyday of their tenure, but none of their advisers was able to tell them that it's good to be a manager first before becoming a populist.
Aregbe don't want to abandon projects but he is unable to pay salary, Rochas is having the 2dilemma before his government, Ogun is having abandon project crisis, if this management style continues, it will cause economic downturn for the state in few years time.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
1dorzine:

remember federal allocation has reduced drastically since late 2014 and keep going down month after months. suo funding is a major problem here. shey you know dem no dey use teeth build broad
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
na true talk o
I've not seen a shovel on this road for more than a year now, the excuse of economic crisis is not tenable abeg, the road is causing serious health havoc on the populace, people living or doing business along the road are already relocating, same also with mowe ibafo/ofada axis.
when Lagos State was having similar experience at ijegun/jakande axis, they do wet it at intervals, even though it wasn't enough, it cushion the effect of the dust.

it is tenable my brother. is it a crime for a govnor to spread development across the nooks and crannies of the state? when you nor get money you go go hang your self? you just have to manage whatever is left with you

the governor didn't abandon all the ongoing projects, some are left for the mean time and to be revisited later. like I said earlier the ijoko / ota road is still on going with workers on site, that same ijoko road leads to agbado the OP is complaining about. maybe attention would be switched to the abandoned one in agbado once the ijoko road is completed. it is unfair to complain all the time especially when we know the current state.

Maybe we should be talking about regular wetting of the ground to reduce the effects of the dusts
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by santori: 5:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
ogun, imo osun are all having the same problem, good grassroot politicians, bad managers.
they all embark on hundreds of projects across the state without proper capital rationing and feasibility study, at the end, we have economic crisis and/or abandoned projects.
I was insulted and abused when I disagree with the way Rochas and Aregbe was carrying out project as if they will experience the same economic situation everyday of their tenure, but none of their advisers was able to tell them that it's good to be a manager first before becoming a populist.
Aregbe don't want to abandon projects but he is unable to pay salary, Rochas is having the 2dilemma before his government, Ogun is having abandon project crisis, if this management style continues, it will cause economic downturn for the state in few years time.

don't compare amosu with aregbe at all. ogun governor never embarked on populist projects like aregbe. building of roads to open up the state can't be said to be a populist... you need good networks roads to open up your state to investments thus boosting the economic life of the ppl
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by LilNetty(m): 5:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
santori:

it is tenable my brother. is it a crime for a govnor to spread development across the nooks and crannies of the state? when you nor get money you go go hang your self? you just have to manage whatever is left with you

the governor didn't abandon all the ongoing projects, some are left for the mean time and to be revisited later. like I said earlier the ijoko / ota road is still on going with workers on site, that same ijoko road leads to agbado the OP is complaining about. maybe attention would be switched to the abandoned one in agbado once the ijoko road is completed. it is unfair to complain all the time especially when we know the current state.

Maybe we should be talking about regular wetting of the ground to reduce the effects of the dusts

Lols....wetting of the ground....People are Tayad of duin it.... if eventually u went the road now.. in the next 10min it will dry off.... Am not against APC... I voted for him but I think a year is enuf to start something Good..... Am Tayad of buying nose cover.... Motorist and commuters no longer ply this road like before... they now use the streets
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ogun at 40.
A fool at forty is a fool forever...
See as Ogun dey celebrate bad roads ni.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by Urine: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
LilNetty:

HI, I don't think you're being fair here, this project is not abandoned, as we speak there's heavy construction work going on in Ijoko, it will get to Agbado soon, I know it can be a bit frustrating cos I go to Ijoko quite often and I know the drill but don't say the project has been abandoned.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by Urine: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
LilNetty:

Lols....wetting of the ground....People are Tayad of duin it.... if eventually u went the road now.. in the next 10min it will dry off.... Am not against APC... I voted for him but I think a year is enuf to start something Good..... Am Tayad of buying nose cover.... Motorist and commuters no longer ply this road like before... they now use the streets

LOL @ nose cover, I feel your pain but you will also agree with me that this is the first Governor that has done something tangible to the area in years, I'm sure once the guys at Ijoko are done, they will move down to Agbado. This is an area that no single project was carried out during 8 years of Daniel.
Re: Bad State Of Agbado,ogun State (photo) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
santori:

don't compare amosu with aregbe at all. ogun governor never embarked on populist projects like aregbe. building of roads to open up the state can't be said to be a populist... you need good networks roads to open up your state to investments thus boosting the economic life of the ppl
workers on site doesn't imply tangible activity.
on the road in question, no workers have been sighted for more than a year, you need to visit the road to understand the plight of those staying there.
abandonment of public projects in most cases does not mean total stoppage of work,the jakande/ijegun earlier cited was have been under construction for about 12years, can we then say there was active construction for 10years, yet we have the construction company always sighted on the road doing one skeletal activity or the other throughout the period.
On that of osun, Aregbe was also constructing roads, building schools, feeding students, student tablets etc, the only difference was the students meal and tablet compared with ogun state.
None of the above is a bad project, but it becomes one when it becomes unsustainable and impede on the implementation of other activities within the state.
No one is against infrastructural development, but it needs to be ration for proper monitoring and implementation.
You don't discover 20problems as a manager and decides to tackle all problem at once, you will only introduce more problems.
NB: that of mowe ibafo/ofada is more than 3years, the project was abandoned after grading.
True that Ogidi abi wetin be him name no do anything tangible for 8years, but that doesn't mean we should embrace health hazard in the name of endurance.

(1) (Reply)

Uyo To Host Niger Delta Investment Summit And 7th Merit Award / Buhari Oil In The North Will Buried The Dead Pdp! / Check Out Official Invitation Letter To Zahra Buhari & Indimi's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.