Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo (1173 Views)

Why I Allowed Arase Serve His Term- Buhari Opens Up / Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Buhari narrated how Obasanjo “tolerated him”
when he was the Head of state.

The incumbent leader went down memory lane on how ex-president appointed him minister of petroleum and supported him for three and half years.
President Buhari said:

“I express my thanks to General Obasanjo, who, as head of state, made me minister of petroleum and tolerated me for three-and-half-years.

“He tolerated me because God knows and he knows that I am not used to working as hard as he used to, but he allowed me to last that long and allowed me to work.

“If you go into records, that government made so much investment and infrastructural development in the petroleum industry. Two refineries were built, Warri and Kaduna. More than 20 depots were built; more than 3,500 pipelines were laid; and we were exporting
refined products of 100,000 barrels per day.

“But what do we have today?” the country leader asked.

In March 1976, the then Head of State,
General Olusegun Obasanjo appointed Buhari as the Federal Commissioner (position now called Minister) for Petroleum and Natural Resources.
When the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation was created in 1976, Buhari was also appointed as its Chairman, a position he held until 1978.
Buhari being inaugurated by Obasanjo as petroleum minister back in 1976

Source www.naij.com/717362-president-buhari-opens-relationship-obasanjo.html

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
“I express my thanks to General Obasanjo, who, as head of state, made me minister of petroleum and tolerated me for three-and-half-years.

These two niqqas have been plundering our commonwealth since the 80s. Don't be surprised if by 2019 Babangida comes back to rule us.

Obasanjo: Ruled Nigeria twice
Buhari: Ruled Nigeria twice
Babangida: Ruled once and would demand a second chance. Saharareporters would go to work and sell Babangida as the best thing since Ahmadu Bello and whoosh!! he'd be president.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Baawaa(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obasanjo know that Buhari will not compromise that is why he did not want him to become president since 2007.But he has no choice when Jonathan want to sell Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by KINGwax007(m): 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:

These two niqqas have been plundering our commonwealth since the 80s. Don't be surprised if by 2019 Babangida comes back to rule us.

Babangida: Ruled Nigeria?
is that all?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Not Possible. He is not healthy enough.
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Baawaa:
Obasanjo know that Buhari will not compromise that is why he did not want him to become president since 2007.But he has no choice when Jonathan want to sell Nigeria.

How sure are you
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Dude! They didn't used their youthful age to insult and criticise their elders even without any tangible evidence the way you and other wailers always do. So,if they were like you they won't have become president.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
FriendChoice:

Not Possible. He is not healthy enough.

Health didn't stop Buhari why should it stop Babangida?

Check the link below of how the presidency is trying to hide Buhari's illness.
The source further said there has been a debate within the presidency about the medical visit, with some of his handlers arguing that the Syrian meeting provides a perfect alibi as the President should not be seen to be sick less than one year after taking power.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/01/buhari-speak-eu-parliament-france-source-says-he-will-also-see-doctors-uk
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by adekennis(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
Baawaa:

Very sensible post!!!
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by vedaxcool(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
grin wailers thought they will read the battle line has been drawn BUHARI warns obasanjo ntor

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Health didn't stop Buhari why should it stop Babangida?

Check the link below of how the presidency is trying to hide Buhari's illness.
Don't be surprise he can be healthier than you. He tour every time and still remain firm and healthy. And its not a crime if he sees his doctor that doesn't mean he is ill.
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by Adminisher: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:

Actually the military were more intelligent and focused than politicians in Nigeria's history. They were not even up to 38 years old but in the 70s they constructed a network of roads that was acclaimed as one of the largest is so short a time. They did universal primary, built universities in all the states, built all the refineries, built the largest army in Africa, liberated Zimbabwe and South Africa , did FESTAC and had enough money left to pay Udoji awards to civil servants Compared with the morons we have now, chief of which was Goodluck Jonathan, these young men were top notch. You need to have lived in the two time franms to realise how empty our new leaders are. Completely blank and inept.
Re: President Buhari Opens Up On His Relations With Obasanjo by TippyTop(m): 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
Adminisher:

Actually the military were more intelligent and focused than politicians in Nigeria's history. They were not even up to 38 years old but in the 70s they constructed a network of roads that was acclaimed as one of the largest is so short a time. They did universal primary, built universities in all the states, built all the refineries, built the largest army in Africa, liberated Zimbabwe and South Africa , did FESTAC and had enough money left to pay Udoji awards to civil servants Compared with the morons we have now, chief of which was Goodluck Jonathan, this young men were top notch.

So its all Jonah's fault?
If these people were good administrators and had foresight, how come we still cannot produce even toothpick?

"Have you blamed GEJ today-Lai Mohammed"

(1) (Reply)

Untold Story Of How Ojukwu Saved Murtala Mohammed's Military Career / Anyim Pius-anyim Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today / Tompolo Boys Defy Buhari, Vow To Set Nigeria Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.