Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) (17569 Views)

'Ocean Dome' Indoor Beach In Japan (Pictures) / Anyone Living In New York?is The Crime Rate That High?new York Or Virginia / Anyone Living In Spain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by omega25red(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
Bravo MrBrownJAY
the info you have shared here is to be admired. i just wish everyone else would take this example when answering questions for others looking for information. He didn't chase you away or try to sell you a dream he just told you what he knows Bravo cool
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

sorry but i have absolutely no idea about immigratng from Malaysia to Japan but what i do know is that having ONE job will probably take all your spare time so it might be quite difficult, if not IMPOSSIBLE, to do both.

Word cool
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by moonraker(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2009
@ Topic

alrighty, heres the deal, with the present economically situation, naturally

the world s economy is in crisis. Japan inclusive. we got like budget cuts on a yearly

bases, Japan is still very much in recession, they are lots and lots of graduates

here that dont have jobs, its crazy,

My advise??

i think japan is really not the place for you, not yet, things work here but

ofcourse you will pay a premium to get it, my 2 yen,

FYI: i live and work here presently
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by etochi11(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2013
MRbrownJAY: i was living in Tokyo and life over there is no different than anywhere else around the civilized world. the language barrier might be a little troubling at first but then if you start to speak it then it will get much easier for you.
jobwise: if you dont speak japanese, you will have to probably find an english speaking firm that deals exclusively with the US (very hard to find) or work in a bar/club that caters exclusively for a foreign crowd(roppongi).
if you havent got a valid working visa, dont expect finding a well paid decent job.
Foreigners are well respected in Japan (blacks included) there are few odds of people who might not want to deal with a black man but that would probably be because of the foreigners that have been over there and made a fool out of themselves and the rest of us.
japanese are very respectful people, have good manners and as long as you come correct, people will mostly treat you the same way.

there are a bunch of nigerians in Tokyo and a great deal will be found working in Roppongi, the "foreigners playground". there are many Nigerian/ghanaans owned businesses over there from clubs/bars to restaurant.
be ready to be blown away by how amazing this country is.
as for the small bits and pieces:
- you always have to take off your shoes when going inside a home
- bowing when greeting someone is advised
- if you are lost, just ask anyone around and they will gladly help.
- wherever you eat, you will be given a warm cloth before the meal (oshibori). you should always use it to clean your hands (even if you just clean them) but never let it touch your face.
- if you like to eat fruits and vegetables at home, be ready to spend an incredible amount for that privilege in japan.
- japanese cannot pronounce the letter R and some form of L when speaking english.
. Pls, i intend travelling to Japan to hustle/work. Pls, can you give me hint on there work visa and how to get it? Tnks bros
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by worry359(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2013
etochi11: . Pls, i intend travelling to Japan to hustle/work. Pls, can you give me hint on there work visa and how to get it? Tnks bros
Poor cafe boi, can not see that thread is three years out of date grin grin grin
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by etochi11(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2013
I knw. If u cn help wit a gud advice, u du! Tnks
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by nyabingi(m): 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
EVEN NOW...SOMEONE NEEDS THAT INFO DEARLY!
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by orisoree: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2017
@MrBrown, please if you are here , can you assist .
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by harlee(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2017
How about Singapore??I need advice..i intend relocating to Singapore from uae...a wise decision?
Re: Anyone Living In Japan?(urgent) by Luckydubby7(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2021
People here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Terminal 1building Will Beat Miami’s / Lagos-Ibadan Train Schedule For The Festive Period (Photo) / Driving From Ibadan To Abuja. How Long Does It Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.