Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage (19662 Views)

Ezenwa Francis Clears Douglas Refuse Dump Allowed To Punish Owerri (Photos) / Presidency Threatens To Sue Lawyer Over Comments On Buhari’s Certificate / Buharicertificategate: Presidency Threatens Legal Suit Against Nwokocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Firefire(m): 3:31am On Feb 03, 2016

Presidency threatens to punish officials for information leakage

Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

Workers attached to the Presidential Villa, Abuja, have been warned to desist from leaking contents of official letters and files or risk serious sanctions.

The Chief of Staff to the President, Mr. Abba Kyari, handed down the warning late on Monday, during a send-off programme organised for some officials who retired recently or were redeployed from his office.

While recalling how a document signed by him found its way out of his office illegally recently, Kyari said such development would no longer be tolerated.

He said anybody linked to any leaked information would face the consequence.

Kyari added, “One thing we cannot tolerate is letters and information going out of this office. I have seen one with my signature shown to me.

“I do not know who was responsible for that; I do not know why anyone should do that; but please make sure that such a thing does not happen.

“Anything that is written will come out anyway; it is not a secret; but the bad thing is for it to come out before it is publicly made by the relevant authorities.

“So, please do not fall into this trap of somebody asking you to bring a letter, because if by accident, you are found or the letter is traced to you, clearly it would not be something that we would tolerate.”

Kyari also warned the workers against gossiping during working hours.

He said he would not allow a situation where the officials will engage in “small talks” at the expense of their jobs.

While asking them to be more dedicated to duty, the President’s CoS directed that files must henceforth be treated within 48 hours.

Kyari stated, “We should remain and rededicate ourselves, not making rooms for small talks or gossip; concentrate and do your job.

“What I want to announce now is that very soon, when a full team is constituted, the turn-around for any mail should not be more than 48 hours.

“If you think you cannot turn it out within 48 hours, then I should know the reason. Maybe you have to ask some questions from somewhere.

“Please, let no mail remain on anybody’s desk for more than 48 hours.”

Kyari also warned against situations where workers used the opportunity of working in the Presidential Villa to seek favour or dupe members of the public.

He said he heard about an allegation that some people paid $40,000 to be given the opportunity of meeting the President.

He, however, said he had since discovered the allegation to be mere blackmail.

“This office is not about giving contracts. This office is not about peddling influence.

This office is not about being paid to make somebody see the President,” he said.

Kyari said all Nigerians must be ready to make sacrifices for the desired change to be achieved.

He noted that because Buhari’s only asset was integrity, it was his duty to protect the President’s integrity.

“We have a President whose only asset is his personal integrity. I do not want anything that will touch his integrity. So, I have to protect that, regardless of what anybody says,” he said.

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/presidency-threatens-to-punish-officials-for-information-leakage/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Firefire(m): 3:31am On Feb 03, 2016
“We have a President whose only asset is his personal integrity".

May 29th 2015 - 2019 Achievement/Legacy/Asset = Personal Integrity.

Btw: APC has introduced to Nigeria, a wicked trend of journalism: "A usually reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media"

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by ichoku: 4:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Mr Kyari must first let us know who authorised the publication of minutes of internal meeting of an agency of govt as news. MKO, they want us to depend only on lai Mohammed for info on the presidency. God forbid.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by chriskosherbal(m): 4:29am On Feb 03, 2016
Why will the information leak at the first instance.
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by funlord(m): 4:35am On Feb 03, 2016
angry

Wetin dis abba dey try hide sef? Because na dis same excuse of "confidential national/internal security matters" dasuki bin take start too oh?

Hian!

14 Likes

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by gunuvi(m): 5:34am On Feb 03, 2016
Choi. So the only asset bubu has is his integrity. He lacks brain, intelligence etc? This chief of staff has just insulted mr fight kworoption.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Firefire(m): 5:39am On Feb 03, 2016
gunuvi:
Choi. So the only asset bubu has is his integrity. He lacks brain, intelligence etc? This chief of staff has just insulted mr fight kworoption.

Imagine!

APC celebrated the below leakage:

“Even before Sanusi and President Goodluck Jonathan began to quarrel, I had to leak that letter. Sanusi wrote that letter to the President in September, I leaked it sometime in January, and that letter was personal: as I got a copy of that letter" - Rotimi Amaechi

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by anonimi: 6:16am On Feb 03, 2016
gunuvi:

How can a man who denies, reneges and does not deliver his own campaign promises even though they cost NOTHING like this one, be described as having integrity
That is an ABUSE of the word, integrity.
Buhari and APCshit are guilty as charged.
QED!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2510983_twimg20150606110224_jpeg5c1c6f8907ece26082a279a94e87412c

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by shakaZuIlu: 6:20am On Feb 03, 2016
we are in this shitt called bullharry together

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by shakaZuIlu: 6:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Demmocrats:
Hmmmmm

are you suprised

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by lincolnj88: 6:25am On Feb 03, 2016
anonimi:

And we are not, surely!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3251622_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
yep d zombies are strongly resisted to two regions

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by dunkem21(m): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2016
The same people that hailed Sanusi for leaking a classified letter to the President ..

..The same people that masturbated when OBJ's letter to GEJ was leaked ..

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Firefire(m): 6:35am On Feb 03, 2016
dunkem21:
The same people that hailed Sanusi for leaking a classified letter to the President ..

Don't mind the yeye people.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by jay2pee(m): 6:37am On Feb 03, 2016
Chaiiii........ Nigeria is doomed
Why is he so scared of information leakage if he has good plans and agenda for this country?
Very soon the zombies will say he is right cos their brain has been formatted already. I just pity we commoners in this country.
As an economist, what I am foreseeing in this country is so pathetic, based on the situation of our economy and the kind of economic policies that are made by the financial managers and regulators of this country..... Which way Nigeria, I weep for this country.....
What we need in this country is REVOLUTION. The smart and brilliant ones know what I mean

19 Likes

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:39am On Feb 03, 2016
I'm sure the wailing wailers here don't know the danger that leakage of information poses. Go find out how information leakage in handled in the White House.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by kennyman2000(m): 6:40am On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmm...
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Bugatie(m): 6:42am On Feb 03, 2016
And Mr Jonathan never threatened anybody while he was there because he understood that the govt business can never be shrouded in utmost water-tight secrecy.

Even the letter from Sanusi and other sensitive memo correspondences.

Mr president should just concentrate and deliver on his job, thats'all

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Bugatie(m): 6:45am On Feb 03, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I'm sure the wailing wailers here don't know the danger that leakage of information poses. Go find out how information leakage in handled in the White House.

And am sure the Zombies here don't know the danger and embarrassment of a president stealing an unalready presented budget with out going through the normal process, and you expect staff with conscience not to whistle blow?

Push button zombies

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by AlPeter: 6:47am On Feb 03, 2016
See dem ^^^^ must you advertise you lack of knowledge and bigotry on a public forum? Ehn. So sensitive informations should be allowed to flow to the public without control? The COS was right with everything he said. The last time I checked a US citizen is on the run for similar offence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by AlPeter: 6:50am On Feb 03, 2016
Bugatie:

And am sure the Zombies here don't know the danger and embarrassment of stealing an unalready presented budget with out going through the normal process.
see him contradicting himself makes one wonders if he is related to the rayfish
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Bugatie(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2016
AlPeter:
see him contradicting himself makes one wonders if he is related to the rayfish

Don't mind them
Rayfish grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by AlPeter: 6:57am On Feb 03, 2016
dunkem21:

2 questions I want to ask. Who wrote the letter Sanusi 'leaked' and to whom was it addressed? Who 'leaked' OBJ's letter?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by cutetopsey(f): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm.

Noted!

Lai Mohammed, now over to you..........See to your work in Aso rock......

Check my signature on how to get rid excess belly ugly fats
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by frankyychiji(f): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2016
They are kidding, its too late! Amaechi confessed it was him that leaked Sanusi's letter to the public, Amaechi is in this cabinet and they should direct this threat him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by OnankpaBa(m): 6:59am On Feb 03, 2016
i just dey look you.

Firefire:
“We have a President whose only asset is his personal integrity".

May 29th 2015 - 2019 Achievement/Legacy/Asset = Personal Integrity.

Btw: APC has introduced to Nigeria, a wicked trend of journalism: "A usually reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media"
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by Pidggin(f): 6:59am On Feb 03, 2016
People asked for change, now it has come... the negative one.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by omanifrank(m): 7:00am On Feb 03, 2016
nice
Re: Presidency Threatens To Punish Officials For Information Leakage by yomalex(m): 7:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Concerns About CAMA Can Be Addressed Through Ammendments / Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC / Sanwo-Olu Signs Bill Regulating Real Estate Transactions In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.