Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. (1201 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / EXPLANATION :BIBLE STORIES THAT DON'T ADD UP / Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 7:35am On Feb 03, 2016
▄▀▄▀▄█▓ ✞Don’t Add to The Gospel
or it’s Invalid ▓▄▀▄▀▄█
Salvation is by *GRACE* through
faith in the finished work of Jesus
Christ alone. Anything added or
taken away will make it void.
G - ods
R - iches
A - t
C - hrist's
E - xpense
If I make coffee and then mix it
with creamer, then it is no more
coffee [pure coffee] but coffee and
cream.
The same with salvation..
The Bible says - Romans 11: 6 And
if by “grace-[pure grace]”, then is it no more of “works”-[good deeds]: otherwise grace is no more grace.
But if it be of works, then is it no
more grace: otherwise work is no
more work.” .
As you see if you add the works-
[the good things you do to win
God’s acceptance] for salvation it
*cancels-out* God's grace and you
remain lost.
Romans 4:5 But to him that
worketh NOT, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his
*faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 4:16 “Therefore it is of
faith, that it might be by grace;”
If GRACE + WORKS = LOST (Romans
11.6)
It is GRACE + FAITH = Saved
(Eph.2.cool
Getting the true gospel message
CORRECT is of *CRITICAL*
importance, as if the message
contains a corrupt gospel it can
*NOT* point you to salvation.
Saint Paul says in Romans 1:16, the *gospel of Christ*: it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that *believeth-trust-in]
*Believeth means to 'trust in' or
'rely upon' and NOT just mere
intellectual acknowledgement..
The Gospel of Christ:
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that *Christ died for our sins* according to the scriptures; And that *he was buried*, and that *he rose again* the third day according to the scriptures:"
This is the clearest statement of
*the gospel of Christ* in the New
Testament. It is NOT what we do
for God, but rather what He,
through Christ, has done for us.
Our responsibility lies only in
receiving it by *BELIEVING. Will you now trust in Jesus and what he did to save YOU?
➜ Please 'SHARE' on for the lost on any social media if you agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by jiggaz(m): 7:58am On Feb 03, 2016
Excellent write up... This is simply the Gospel of CHRIST which is also called The Good News..... When you hear the Gospel, it is supposed to make you Happy & make u to have hope, not making you to be condemned or guilty... Keep it up bro. You are on the right path...

1 Like

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Scholar8200(m): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:
or it’s Invalid ▓▄▀▄▀▄█
G - ods
R - iches
A - t
C - hrist's
E - xpense
cream.
if by “grace-[pure grace]”, then is it no more of “works”-[good deeds]: otherwise grace is no more grace.
more work.” .
remain lost.
11.6)
(Eph.2.cool
CORRECT is of *CRITICAL*
Saint Paul says in Romans 1:16, the *gospel of Christ*: it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that *believeth-trust-in]
The Gospel of Christ:
"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that *Christ died for our sins* according to the scriptures; And that *he was buried*, and that *he rose again* the third day according to the scriptures:"
receiving it by *BELIEVING. Will you now trust in Jesus and what he did to save YOU?
Indeed, and when we are saved by Grace, the same Grace through faith works in us enabling us to walk in newness of life else our faith and professions are vain.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:11,12

Hence Grace is more than just forgiveness but Power for Victory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Scholar8200:
Indeed, and when we are saved by Grace, the same Grace through faith works in us enabling us to walk in newness of life else our faith and professions are vain.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:11,12

Hence Grace is more than just forgiveness but Power for Victory.
Sorry I don't get you. What are you trying to say?
When you said, "...hence our faith and profession are in vain", what do you mean?
When you said, "Grace is power for victory", what do you mean?
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 11:37am On Feb 03, 2016
jiggaz:
Excellent write up... This is simply the Gospel of CHRIST which is also called The Good News..... When you hear the Gospel, it is supposed to make you Happy & make u to have hope, not making you to be condemned or guilty... Keep it up bro. You are on the right path...
Thank you for your kind words bro. The Good news is ALL of Christ: his shed blood on the cross, his death, his burial and his resurrection and NONE of us (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). You may copy and paste anywhere as you like. You may also check on my other posts. Let's get the Gospel of Christ out there. More to come. God bless you.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Scholar8200(m): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:

Sorry I don't get you. What are you trying to say?
When you said, "...hence our faith and profession are in vain", what do you mean?
When you said, "Grace is power for victory", what do you mean?
What I am saying is that salvation is by grace through faith. However, Grace is not just the forgiveness of past sins but also includes victory over sin for the present and the future through the Spirit that indwells us when we believed. Grace is God working in us both to will and do of His good pleasure; it is the Spirit indwelling us enabling us to bear the cross daily and follow Jesus; it is the power of the Spirit mortifying the flesh enabling us to bear the fruit of love (1 Corinth 13) as we walk in the Spirit.

If we say we believe but lack victory then our faith is vain.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, [b][b]created in Christ Jesus unto good works, [/b]which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
[/b]Ephesians 2:8-10

We are not saved by works but by grace through faith. And that salvation is unto good works. Meaning if I say am saved by faith and my faith produce not newness of life-good works, then that faith is dead!
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Scholar8200:

What I am saying is that salvation is by grace through faith. However, Grace is not just the forgiveness of past sins but also includes victory over sin for the present and the future through the Spirit that indwells us when we believed. Grace is God working in us both to will and do of His good pleasure; it is the Spirit indwelling us enabling us to bear the cross daily and follow Jesus; it is the power of the Spirit mortifying the flesh enabling us to bear the fruit of love (1 Corinth 13) as we walk in the Spirit.

If we say we believe but lack victory then our faith is vain.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, [b][b]created in Christ Jesus unto good works, [/b]which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
[/b]Ephesians 2:8-10

We are not saved by works but by grace through faith. And that salvation is unto good works. Meaning if I say am saved by faith and my faith produce not newness of life-good works, then that faith is dead!
My brother that's a serious mixture of the Grace of God you are saying there. You yourself say salvation is not of works and turns around to verify that same salvation by works. Ah-ah, that's double talk na. In Titus 2:13 you quoted, So what does grace bring? Salvation.
Grace brings and never takes. Get that. Then Paul admonishes Titus on good works like he wrote in other of his epistles not because there is danger of losing salvation but for other necessary uses..Titus 3.14. What are these uses? There are so many uses but NOT for salvation otherwise Paul would be contradicting himself in so many places. That's why he told us to study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.
Good works under the dispensation of grace are for:
*not to blaspheme the name of God and his doctrine of grace (1 Tim 6:1)
*not to give the enemies of the grace doctrine cause to speak reproachfully (1 Tim 5:14). The enemies are many.
*good works of course is good and profitable unto men (Tit 3.8
*there are also reward for good works on the day of Christ after the rapture.(1 Cor 3:8-15)
*for those who desire to be ministers of the grace gospel to not be unfruitful e.g if as a minister I live a promiscous life nobody will listen to me preach because of my lifestyle even though I preach the most correct doctrine on earth. Paul admonishes pastor Titus to be a pattern of good works (Tit 2:1-cool. etc and so many other things I cant put down now but NOT for salvation. Paul was teaching saved people, the body of Christ and not unbelievers.
Romans 11.6 clearly separates grace from works and whatsoever God has separated, let no man put together.
Salvation is 100% the works of Christ and 0% of us. Jesus Christ died once and for all to pay for our sins and he will not die again like the bulls and goats of old time. His shed blood, death, burial and resurrection is all we need for eternal life. There's nothing we could add or minus from the works of Christ. If we could be saved by our good works plus Christ that means no man can be saved because we all sin as long as we are in this body only that some people's sins are open for all to see more than some of us. We all sin at the end of the day and we are not saved by confessing our sins. I'm yet to see anyone that can beat his chest and say he does not sin. It's not by trying your best, Christ Jesus' death, burial and resurrection is the best thing we need for our salvation in this dispensation of the grace of God. Amen.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:
or it’s Invalid ▓▄▀▄▀▄█
G - ods
R - iches
A - t
C - hrist's
E - xpense
cream.
more work.” .
remain lost.
11.6)
(Eph.2.cool
CORRECT is of *CRITICAL*
The Gospel of Christ:

As you celebrate your freedom by faith, remembers we need to see some fruits. A mango tree cannot produce pineapples. So we shall know you by their fruits, not by your words. Faith without works, is dead.

James 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:22
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Revelation 2:19
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

As you celebrate your freedom by faith, remembers we need to see some fruits. A mango tree cannot produce pineapples. So we shall know you by their fruits, not by your words. Faith without works, is dead.

James 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:22
Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:14
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Revelation 2:19
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

The passages you quoted are not for us today, the body of Christ. James did not write to us. He wrote to the 12 tribes of Israel (James 1:1). Likewise the book of Revelation. They require works for their salvation.
But Paul is our apostle, preacher and teacher to the gentiles, the body of Christ, not under the law like the Jews but under grace, of which you and me belong today (2 Timothy 1:12; Romans 11:13 etc). Only Paul talk about the body of Christ and the dispensation of the grace of God. That's why he told us to study to show ourselves approved RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth.
Well, I'm not here to teach the bible but to preach what saves for sure: the Gospel of Christ that Paul preached and died for and handed over to us. Paul said, he is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, that it is the very power of God for salvation (Rom 1:16).
What is exactly this gospel, that is Goodnews of Christ? It is the belief of what God has done through Christ, how that Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross, died, was buried and God raised him from the dead (resurrection) for our salvation once and for all.
God in his mercy has not called us to be fruit seekers in people but to ensure the Tree is there in the first place and remains there. How can we be looking for fruits in others when we don't acknowledge the tree - the Tree of life? Instead God has called us into the reconciling ministry as His very own ambassadors and given us the go ahead to wear the shoes of the gospel of peace to go out there and announce to the world on the rooftop that He's no longer angry with people, like He did in the days of old, because of what Christ has done on our behalf; that He's no longer counting people's sins that Christ Jesus has paid up front for the sins of the whole world!!! (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).
That's why it's called the Gospel OF Christ not our gospel. We contributed nothing. That's why Paul said God did it that way so no man should boast. Must we boast? 1 Cor1:29,30; Rom 4:2.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by jiggaz(m): 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:

Thank you for your kind words bro. The Good news is ALL of Christ: his shed blood on the cross, his death, his burial and his resurrection and NONE of us (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). You may copy and paste anywhere as you like. You may also check on my other posts. Let's get the Gospel of Christ out there. More to come. God bless you.
You welcome bro... the Good News is 100% Christ and 0% us.... what we need to be saved is to only believe that Jesus CHRIST is the Son of God, who came to this world to die for mankind, and was buried & God resurrected Him from the dead on the 3rd day..... Your posts are all good... keep it up!!! Let the True Gospel be preached...
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Scholar8200(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:

My brother that's a serious mixture of the Grace of God you are saying there. You yourself say salvation is not of works and turns around to verify that same salvation by works. Ah-ah, that's double talk na.
Consider this:

8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 it is not from works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.
Ephes 2:8-10 NET
We are not saved by works but by faith. But faith that does not work by love is no faith! And that faith works out the love that was shed abroad in the heart by the Spirit at salvation!

In Titus 2:13 you quoted, So what does grace bring? Salvation.
Grace brings and never takes. Get that. Then Paul admonishes Titus on good works like he wrote in other of his epistles not because there is danger of losing salvation but for other necessary uses..Titus 3.14. What are these uses? There are so many uses but NOT for salvation otherwise Paul would be contradicting himself in so many places. That's why he told us to study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.
Then consider this:
38 But my righteous one will live by faith, and if he shrinks back, I take no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not among those who shrink back and thus perish, but are among those who have faith and preserve their souls.
Hebrews 10:38,39
Why then does the devil tempt believers and why are we commanded to watch,pray and be sober if there was no possibility of we shrinking back from the faith? Grace teaches us to live in holiness and we access grace by faith meaning ANY faith that lacks the workings and teachings of Grace -holiness- is a lie!

Good works under the dispensation of grace are for:
*not to blaspheme the name of God and his doctrine of grace (1 Tim 6:1)
*not to give the enemies of the grace doctrine cause to speak reproachfully (1 Tim 5:14). The enemies are many.
*good works of course is good and profitable unto men (Tit 3.8
*there are also reward for good works on the day of Christ after the rapture.(1 Cor 3:8-15)
*for those who desire to be ministers of the grace gospel to not be unfruitful e.g if as a minister I live a promiscous life nobody will listen to me preach because of my lifestyle even though I preach the most correct doctrine on earth. Paul admonishes pastor Titus to be a pattern of good works (Tit 2:1-cool. etc and so many other things I cant put down now but NOT for salvation. Paul was teaching saved people, the body of Christ and not unbelievers.
Kindly show where I said salvation is by good works. However, the proof of true saving faith is a life of practical righteousness not positional holiness.

You mean a so called believer can live in a way that does not meet up with the points you outlined above and still claim to believe Did Jesus not say to let your light so shine before men and that ANY branch without fruit will be cut off and burned?

Bro remember that if any man be in Christ he is a new creature; he is called to examine himself how that Christ is in Him else he is a reprobate; and that Paul spoke of those who have a form of godliness and deny the power thereof, professing they knew God but denying Him?

Romans 11.6 clearly separates grace from works and whatsoever God has separated, let no man put together.
But when faith marries grace the outcome is holiness of life else that faith is a self-deceptive one.

Salvation is 100% the works of Christ and 0% of us. Jesus Christ died once and for all to pay for our sins and he will not die again like the bulls and goats of old time. His shed blood, death, burial and resurrection is all we need for eternal life. There's nothing we could add or minus from the works of Christ. If we could be saved by our good works plus Christ that means no man can be saved because we all sin as long as we are in this body only that some people's sins are open for all to see more than some of us. We all sin at the end of the day and we are not saved by confessing our sins. I'm yet to see anyone that can beat his chest and say he does not sin. It's not by trying your best, Christ Jesus' death, burial and resurrection is the best thing we need for our salvation in this dispensation of the grace of God. Amen.
But we enter in by faith else why is the whole world not instantly saved?

Was God faithful to His promise to Abraham? YES
But the generation that HE promised to deliver out of Egypt never got to the promised land as HE promised Abraham why? They did not continue in the faith! Only two that did got there according to the promise!

14 For we have become partners with Christ, [size=14pt]if[/size] in fact we hold our initial confidence firm until the end.
Hebrews 3:14
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Scholar8200(m): 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
We have to note the difference between the Finished Work and Appropriating the Finished Work. The former is Fixed and permanent; the latter is dependent on how we respond to the Spirit when He reveals , directly or indirectly, the former to us and our willingness to continue in the faith after we have believed hence it is largely variable! To say both are fixed is to claim that God violated our free will in drawing salvation's plan.

But I must say I am shocked to hear that you claim James and Revelations were for Israel only

Did God have double standard then?
Did Paul not say the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation...to the JEW first?
Are the 7 churches Israelitish churches?
Did Paul not say in Christ, all those distinctions on tribe etc are not recognised

Those books address all!!! James did not say to get saved by works but that faith has evidences the absence of which faith is vain! John reiterated this position by saying:
Now by this we know that we have come to know God: if we keep his commandments. 4 The one who says “I have come to know God” and yet does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in such a person.
1John 2:3,4
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:

The passages you quoted are not for us today, the body of Christ. James did not write to us. He wrote to the 12 tribes of Israel (James 1:1). Likewise the book of Revelation. They require works for their salvation.
But Paul is our apostle, preacher and teacher to the gentiles, the body of Christ, not under the law like the Jews but under grace, of which you and me belong today (2 Timothy 1:12; Romans 11:13 etc). Only Paul talk about the body of Christ and the dispensation of the grace of God. That's why he told us to study to show ourselves approved RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth.
Well, I'm not here to teach the bible but to preach what saves for sure: the Gospel of Christ that Paul preached and died for and handed over to us. Paul said, he is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, that it is the very power of God for salvation (Rom 1:16).
What is exactly this gospel, that is Goodnews of Christ? It is the belief of what God has done through Christ, how that Jesus Christ shed his blood on the cross, died, was buried and God raised him from the dead (resurrection) for our salvation once and for all.
God in his mercy has not called us to be fruit seekers in people but to ensure the Tree is there in the first place and remains there. How can we be looking for fruits in others when we don't acknowledge the tree - the Tree of life? Instead God has called us into the reconciling ministry as His very own ambassadors and given us the go ahead to wear the shoes of the gospel of peace to go out there and announce to the world on the rooftop that He's no longer angry with people, like He did in the days of old, because of what Christ has done on our behalf; that He's no longer counting people's sins that Christ Jesus has paid up front for the sins of the whole world!!! (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).
That's why it's called the Gospel OF Christ not our gospel. We contributed nothing. That's why Paul said God did it that way so no man should boast. Must we boast? 1 Cor1:29,30; Rom 4:2.

Am glad you admit that your version of the gospel of grace does not stand the test of other scripture. Not even the New Testament alone.

What about the teachings of Christ, do you accept them in their entirety?

1 Like

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

Am glad you admit that your version of the gospel of grace does not stand the test of other scripture. Not even the New Testament alone.

What about the teachings of Christ, do you accept them in their entirety?
Please dont get it twisted, its not my version, it's the word rightly divided. I accept all scriptures where they belong to. All scriptures are FOR us but not all are TO us. Jesus while on earth came to the Jews, his people, under the law, preaching the kingdom of God, where God has promised to make the Jews the first and head of all nations on earth through Abraham in Gen 12.3 and every other Gentile nation will be saved through them ( Matt 15.24; Rom 15.cool.
Jesus also sent his disciples to the Jews and not to the Gentiles (Matt 10.5-7; Gal 2.7,cool.
But after the Jews' rejection of their Christ, Jesus while in heaven commissioned his greatest enemy, Paul, to go preach the Gospel of Christ to the Gentiles, which we belong, by the FALL of the Jews (Rom 11.11), under a new dispensation called the dispensation of the grace of God - 1 Cor 9.17 (Rom 15.16; Gal 2.7,8; Rom 11.13; 2 Tim 1.10,11). Please be sure to be like the Bereans and check the scriptures. Our doctrines under the dispensation of grace was given by our risen and glorified Lord to Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, which is the body of Christ. Paul's doctrines for us are from the books of Romans to Philemon. So let us rightly divide the word as not be ashamed before God on that day. We should listen to whom Jesus sent to us today for Jesus himself said if we receive whom he sent that it's equal to receiving him (John 13.20; Gal 1.6-9). When we receive the doctrines of Paul today we receive Christ (Gal 1.11,12).
Apostle Paul is the only person in the bible that talks about the body of Christ and the church has continually relegated him and continue to minimise and diminish his office as apostle to THE Gentiles that God has MAXIMISED (Rom 11.13). It was to Paul the Gospel of Christ was first revealed, which is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus FOR our salvation today (1 Cor 15.1-4). Paul has the latest news from God today till the rapture and the the second coming of Christ (Rom 11.25).
These things might not sound familiar to you because the gospel has been hidden by satan himself and he will do everything to hide it (2 Cor 4.4). Imaging Christians arguing against what the very power of God that will save them thinking they are arguing with man. *Smh*
There are so many things to teach but I didn't come to Nairaland to teach the bible but to preach the salvation message that saves today. How that Christ shed his life blood on the cross to die for our sins, was buried and resurrected the third day to gift us with eternal life as a gift in Christ the moment we believe. No more, no less.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Amberon11: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Scholar8200

I've read a few posts of yours and I must say you're right. Very few preachers of today know the bible like you do.

Yes, we're saved by grace through faith, but that faith works by love and love is seen in action.

James 2:26 says faith without love is dead. This clearly shows us that faith is not enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by jiggaz(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
marcopollo:

Please dont get it twisted, its not my version, it's the word rightly divided. I accept all scriptures where they belong to. All scriptures are FOR us but not all are TO us. Jesus while on earth came to the Jews, his people, under the law, preaching the kingdom of God, where God has promised to make the Jews the first and head of all nations on earth through Abraham in Gen 12.3 and every other Gentile nation will be saved through them ( Matt 15.24; Rom 15.cool.
Jesus also sent his disciples to the Jews and not to the Gentiles (Matt 10.5-7; Gal 2.7,cool.
But after the Jews' rejection of their Christ, Jesus while in heaven commissioned his greatest enemy, Paul, to go preach the Gospel of Christ to the Gentiles, which we belong, by the FALL of the Jews (Rom 11.11), under a new dispensation called the dispensation of the grace of God - 1 Cor 9.17 (Rom 15.16; Gal 2.7,8; Rom 11.13; 2 Tim 1.10,11). Please be sure to be like the Bereans and check the scriptures. Our doctrines under the dispensation of grace was given by our risen and glorified Lord to Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, which is the body of Christ. Paul's doctrines for us are from the books of Romans to Philemon. So let us rightly divide the word as not be ashamed before God on that day. We should listen to whom Jesus sent to us today for Jesus himself said if we receive whom he sent that it's equal to receiving him (John 13.20; Gal 1.6-9). When we receive the doctrines of Paul today we receive Christ (Gal 1.11,12).
Apostle Paul is the only person in the bible that talks about the body of Christ and the church has continually relegated him and continue to minimise and diminish his office as apostle to THE Gentiles that God has MAXIMISED (Rom 11.13). It was to Paul the Gospel of Christ was first revealed, which is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus FOR our salvation today (1 Cor 15.1-4). Paul has the latest news from God today till the rapture and the the second coming of Christ (Rom 11.25).
These things might not sound familiar to you because the gospel has been hidden by satan himself and he will do everything to hide it (2 Cor 4.4). Imaging Christians arguing against what the very power of God that will save them thinking they are arguing with man. *Smh*
There are so many things to teach but I didn't come to Nairaland to teach the bible but to preach the salvation message that saves today. How that Christ shed his life blood on the cross to die for our sins, was buried and resurrected the third day to gift us with eternal life as a gift in Christ the moment we believe. No more, no less.
My brother please don't argue with those people cos they will argue with you from now till eternity. I met them here on Religious section last year and we argued till i had to tell all of them off my threads in a harsh way. They are the modern day Pharisees who think they are helping God by mixing Grace with The Law!!! Can you imagine?

These same set of people, if they see the law in its pure form, they will run!!! They thought the law is the ten commandments? No way!!! The Law was up to 600+ including the Torah!! The Jews couldn't keep it!!! And they think they can? I laugh at them in Swahili!!! The Law was not made for man to keep cos no one can keep the Law except God Almighty.... The Israelites asked for the Law to be given to them and with pride too, thinking they can keep it but no way!!! Immediately they were given the Law, the next thing we see is the GOLDEN CALF!!! They broke the 1st Commandment immediately!!! It is written that the STRENGTH OF SIN IS THE LAW!!!! But Grace and Truth came through CHRIST.... The day the Law was given to the Jews, 3,000 people died at Mount Sinai, while the day the Holy Spirit came upon the Apostles at the Pentecost ( which the day The Grace Age started ) 3,000 people were saved!!!! Grace and Truth came through CHRIST!!! And His Grace is 100% !!! No mixture with the Law... They forgot that Salvation is 100% God & 0% man..... But no, they want to partake in the glory by thinking they have a hand in saving themselves by keeping parts of the law!!! I laugh at them my brother,cos the devil is really dancing makossa with them. They don't have an assurance of Salvation and they are always scared they might lose it, which is what the devil really wants....

I came to know the truth about the REAL GOSPEL OF CHRIST last year and i was liberated from Guilt & condemnation!!! I became aware of who i am in CHRIST!!! Before i used to feel condemned as a believer cos they say if we still have a spot in our lives that they will go to Hell!!! 2012 was the worst year of my life cos that was the peak of it.... it was during the time of one sister from Ibadan dat said she died and was taken to hell, that the majority of pastors and believers were in hell for one sin or the other. Even my pastor capitalised on it and was always condemning we the members every Sunday, that we will go to hell if we don't take time. I was soo depressed that time and was so angry with God for creating me, when he knew he will still send me to hell even as a believer!!! I was even asking God what's the essence of sending CHRIST if His death wont save those that believe in Him?

My brother, i was so depressed and was fed up with life. Anytime i hear of the Rapture, my mind will fly.. At a time, i started envying animals like Goats & chickens cos they don't have soul, dat if they die, they just go out of existence!!! lool. It was that bad for me then. I didn't know i was tied deep in religion ( Christianity is not a religion, its a relationship with God ) and doing dead works of the flesh ( trying to save myself, still i didn't measure up ), thinking i can make merits with God!!! Ignorance is a disease!!! lol.

Until last year, my sister gave me some video messages of Pastor JOSEPH PRINCE!!! ( He's a popular Pastor from Singapore that preaches pure unadulterated Grace of God ) i listened to them and i was transformed!!! I now know that God loves me even when i was dead in my sins, He sent His son Jesus to die for me!!! I couldn't believe it!!! i was sooo Happy and i learnt sooo much about the finished work of CHRIST.... My faith has soo much increased in CHRIST and His finished work.... My life changed for the best... Things are now moving on well with me, though i don't have all my needs met but i am still sooo Happy knowing that God's love for me is unconditional. I can't wait for the Rapture to come, i am sooo longing to meet with my Saviour Jesus CHRIST... i am not scared of Rapture anymore cos its our Blessed Hope!!! I am not a saint, i still sin cos i am still in this fallen body until i get my redemption body at the Rapture!!! But i am the righteousness of God in CHRIST....

The devil is sooo scared of the message of Grace and thats why He will fight tooth and nail to suppress it!!! He knows that if every Christian should know the Real Gospel of CHRIST ( the message of His Abundance of grace ) he ll be powerless in a believers life. That's why he fights it by coming as a religious spirit in the form of Christians to tell you, "yes we know that we are saved by grace through faith, but we have to still keep the law cos faith without works is dead ".... my brother, thats the devil speaking through them!!! But they don't know!! lol. Leave them my brother, you know the truth and it has set you free....

And i am glad that the body of CHRIST all over the world are now beginning to know the pure unadulterated grace of God through CHRIST!!! The knowledge is spreading...

So my brother, leave these religious people on nairaland, they will realise their mistake later. I am now sooo grounded in the real gospel of CHRIST that no Grace + Works doctrine can move me anymore!!!!
Jesus CHRIST is my only Redeemer!!! I only focus on him.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Scholar8200(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Amberon11:
Scholar8200

I've read a few posts of yours and I must say you're right. Very few preachers of today know the bible like you do.

Yes, we're saved by grace through faith, but that faith works by love and love is seen in action.

James 2:26 says faith without love is dead. This clearly shows us that faith is not enough.

Glory to God, indeed, that was the purpose of all the Epistles and CHRIST saying ,''why call ye Me Lord, Lord and do not the things which I say''

1 Like

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Nobody: 5:08am On Feb 04, 2016
The gospel according to Joseph Prince, is all I can say. The fact that even the gospel of Christ is qualified, sidelined and excused out of His revelations should be enough for anybody who is on the crossroads. These are not the times to be a passive Christian. If you have no word in your spirit, you'll be swept away by anything that seduces your flesh.

Found this old post which I endorse.
https://www.nairaland.com/958195/grace-perverted-gospel-beware-joseph#11043290

marcopollo.
I don't know enough about you to judge you. Though I can tell by the way you handle this discussion that so far, you are not pouring out violence with your words. But I am against the "revelation" of Joseph Prince.

He can be very convincing. But look carefully at his interpratation of scripture. Most of his principles have no scriptutal basis and when He uses scripture, he interprets with his own biases. And of course, excuses like "no, it's not for us...."

So did Jesus deliver two ways to His father? One for the Jews, another for the gentiles? Do we all have one God? And yet you can believe God expects different standards from different people? If you read the old testament, the story of Jonah is an example of the universality of the statutes of God. He is a King, of the entire creation, not just gentiles or jews. He expects the same from all of us and what He expects is Holiness, without which, no matter how much you call yourself saved and Him your father, you cannot see Him.

There is a power behind his (Joseph Prince) "ministry." Enough power to captivate an entire world, which is what has happened. So he is not your usual heretic preacher that comes and goes and dies with his heresies. I dare say his power and revelation is not of God. And is for a very specific purpose in this particular time.

Follow the crowds at your own risk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by cloudgoddess(f): 5:34am On Feb 04, 2016
But throughout history the "gospel" has already been added to, deleted from, re-written, translated, and edited in all sorts of ways for political and economic reasons, before it ever even reached your hands. undecided

1 Like

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 8:53am On Feb 04, 2016
@ Muafrika2, I never mentioned Joseph Prince anywhere. Is Joseph Prince in the scripture? I only know of one Joseph the son of Jacob in Genesis.
@ Jiggaz, Thank God for your life. I'm even tired of replying. I underestimated the thick darkness that surrounds the gospel that saves everyone today (Rom 1.16). Not as if they have any solution to their salvation. They are ready to go to any part of the bible and fetch out a verse to negate the cross instead of rightly dividing. Satan has really done a very good job of hiding the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Cor 4.4). He has given the religious of our day a language of 'BUT' to frustrate and negate the grace of God (Gal 2.21). They will say, "I know Jesus did this and that BUT......" They argue with you the very message that should save them. Hmmm.....Honestly, I must commend satan for this strategy. But we must not give up.
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by jiggaz(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2016
marcopollo:
@ Muafrika2, I never mentioned Joseph Prince anywhere. Is Joseph Prince in the scripture? I only know of one Joseph the son of Jacob in Genesis.
@ Jiggaz, Thank God for your life. I'm even tired of replying. I underestimated the thick darkness that surrounds the gospel that saves everyone today (Rom 1.16). Not as if they have any solution to their salvation. They are ready to go to any part of the bible and fetch out a verse to negate the cross instead of rightly dividing. Satan has really done a very good job of hiding the glorious gospel of Christ (2 Cor 4.4). He has given the religious of our day a language of 'BUT' to frustrate and negate the grace of God (Gal 2.21). They will say, "I know Jesus did this and that BUT......" They argue with you the very message that should save them. Hmmm.....Honestly, I must commend satan for this strategy. But we must not give up.
Well said my bro.... Most of them cannot rightly divide the Word of God to know who some Scripture is addressed to. But no, they will just include the Church in every Scripture... lol. Meanwhile Jesus might have been addressing the Jews of His generation, when the Church haven't been born sef & CHRIST have not even died.

Satan have really done a good job to hide the True Gospel of CHRIST from Christians... But i thank God we are now in the age of Truth... So many Christians are now knowing the Truth in large numbers and i am sooo Happy!!! Christ is revealing His true nature to many Christians. No more Grace + Law.... Its now 100% Grace!!! Its 100% CHRIST or nothing!!!! Nobody can add to the FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST!!! LET THE REAL GOSPEL BE PREACHED!!!

Just ignore dem here bro, that's how i dealt with them here last year when i brought the Real Gospel of CHRIST & His Finished Work. They fought me vehemently but i stood my ground and defeated them harshly.... Satan is just using them by masquerading as a Religious Spirit... lol. They don't even know yet. Peace...

1 Like

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 04, 2016
jiggaz:
Well said my bro.... Most of them cannot rightly divide the Word of God to know who some Scripture is addressed to. But no, they will just include the Church in every Scripture... lol. Meanwhile Jesus might have been addressing the Jews of His generation, when the Church haven't been born sef & CHRIST have not even died.

Satan have really done a good job to hide the True Gospel of CHRIST from Christians... But i thank God we are now in the age of Truth... So many Christians are now knowing the Truth in large numbers and i am sooo Happy!!! Christ is revealing His true nature to many Christians. No more Grace + Law.... Its now 100% Grace!!! Its 100% CHRIST or nothing!!!! Nobody can add to the FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST!!! LET THE REAL GOSPEL BE PREACHED!!!

Just ignore dem here bro, that's how i dealt with them here last year when i brought the Real Gospel of CHRIST & His Finished Work. They fought me vehemently but i stood my ground and defeated them harshly.... Satan is just using them by masquerading as a Religious Spirit... lol. They don't even know yet. Peace...

You "defeated" them? Harshly? Let me guess, by insulting them. If you want to get rid of me just insult me. I'll be gone coz I avoid violent people as much as I can.

Marcopollo
It's our responsibility to judge every word and to measure the up with the rest of the scriptures, and to get rid of error. But this gospel of blindness to the rest of the gospel is just right for this season. It's only going to root out the weeds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 11:15am On Feb 05, 2016
*shm4u* for your mind... You've only succeeded in suffocating the cross of Christ and making it of none effect by your self righteousness. To you the death of Christ does not matter, it is also about what you do and don't do that matter. Galatian 2:21 says, 'I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.' .... Christ died for nothing. .... Christ died just like every other man. .... Christ died a wasted death, like chicken.
If God should ask you after your death that what makes you think you are qualified to enter his kingdom, please tell Him that it's Jesus plus so and so thing you have done, you hear?
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2016
marcopollo:

*shm4u* for your mind ... You've only succeeded in suffocating the cross of Christ and making it of none effect by your self righteousness. To you the death of Christ does not matter, it is also about what you do and don't do that matter. Galatian 2:21 says, 'I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.' .... Christ died for nothing. .... Christ died just like every other man. .... Christ died a wasted death, like chicken.
If God should ask you after your death that what makes you think you are qualified to enter his kingdom, please tell Him that it's Jesus plus so and so thing you have done, you hear?

What is that in bold?

Are you angry...? I sense tension in the air cool
Re: Beware: Don't Add To The Gospel Or It's Invalid. by marcopollo(m): 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Muafrika2:

What is that in bold?

Are you angry...? I sense tension in the air cool
Nope. You're mistaken. It's those who are not sure of their eternal destiny that should be in tension.

(1) (Reply)

Live The "Much More" Life - Joseph Prince / Celebrate With Me On My New Appointment / Is Prophecy (predicting The Future)???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.