Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape (788 Views)

Housewife Beaten To Coma For Investing Family Savings In MMM / Man Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Kaduna South, Beaten To Stupor / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by Diamonddris(m): 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you could be beaten for any of the following reasons:

1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking
27.Eating the left over food of our visitors....

Add yours....

1 Like

Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by tyav7: 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lol
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by myners007: 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Diamonddris:
Today's kids are so spoilt that they don't know that in our days you could be beaten for any of the following reasons:

1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour's home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking
27.Eating the left over food of our visitors....

Add yours....
Are u alright
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
I hope your wife beats up your child when he does this. I will send flowers
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by DesChyko: 2:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
Telling our parents 'Limme jor' undecided

Even if you were metres away, you will learn three lessons from the #Shaolin Palm that will bless your face.

1. Your parents don't need witches broom to fly to your position.

2. You don't need cutlery before you chop slap.

3. You will encounter what we call 'Manual Reset' or 'Default Settings' slap. After you chop am, you go ask 'Wetin I do?' cry

3 Likes

Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Things used to be very complicated, obviously. I like the modern ways, so shoot me. Now we can dedicate our mental capabilities to problem-solving, wealth creation and innovation; not trivialities like what to do when elders stand up, sit down, poo themselves, blow their nose, et cetera. undecided
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by yungchief(m): 2:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
DesChyko:
Telling our parents 'Limme jor' undecided

Even if you were metres away, you will learn three lessons from the #Shaolin Palm that will bless your face.

1. Your parents don't need witches broom to fly to your position.

2. You don't need cutlery before you chop slap.

3. You will encounter what we call 'Manual Reset' or 'Default Settings' slap. After you chop am, you go ask 'Wetin I do?' cry

Lol
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by eitsei(m): 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Lots of things have changed nowadays, then it was as if my mom was wicked but some of those things have positive impact
But honestly I will train my children slightly different from theirs
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by eleojo23: 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
Funny.
Your mum will be like
'I am beating you and you are just looking at me ehn?"
And when you start to cry she will shout "come on, will you shut up before I beat you?"
grin
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by Wenebadu(f): 8:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
No.25 and 26 na wetin my pale dey use beat children
Re: Things That Got Us Beaten In Our Childhood Days That Todays Children Escape by eitsei(m): 9:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
How come this one didn't make fp?

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Bullying At All Time High Right Now / Two Secondary School Students Spotted Kissing And Romancing Along Lekki Express / One Week, One Trouble; How Do I Escape The Wrath Of My Dad. Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.