Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,325 members, 7,850,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

Sc Judgment: Are We Celebrating Justice Or Injustice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sc Judgment: Are We Celebrating Justice Or Injustice (461 Views)

What Obama Told Nyesom Wike After The SC Judgment (photo) / Nnamdi Kanu: Justice Or Peace / Labaran Maku Thrown Out By The Tribunal; Justice Or Injustice ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sc Judgment: Are We Celebrating Justice Or Injustice by torobongekpo: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2016
SC JUDGMENT: ARE WE CELEBRATING JUSTICE OR INJUSTICE?
BY TOROBONG EKPO.
If the Supreme Court could uphold the marred election which brought Udom Gabriel Emmanuel into power, it therefore means that, the Judicial System of government needs to be sanitized, even more than the Political sector.

Are we saying that, Judges in the Tribunal and Court of Appeal were quacks, touts or redundant? I now see why Udom openly bragged during last year’s Carol Night that, his God is that of Supreme Court, not Appeal. I now see why Godswill Akpabio entered the Supreme Court premises around 8.15pm yesternite. I now see why Akpabio paid courtesy call to the Chief Justice of the Federation shortly after the ruling of the Appeal Court. I now see why the CJ was the one in charge of UGE Vesus UOU Case.

Wow! Kudos to the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Justice Okoros, the Justice Odilis and other Justices of the apex court for a ‘job well done’. You guys have allegedly watched the dirty linen of Law profession in the public.

A case which Judges in the Court of Appeal prayed never to happen again in Nigeria; is the same case the CJ of the Federation has upheld. Heaven will never forgive whoever will talk about sanity in Journalism profession, without mentioning the judiciary. Why do we condemn Journalists for writing sensation news items without also summoning the judiciary for allegedly rendering sensational ruling? Why do we probe Journalists without also probing the Judiciary?

It is said that, the Judiciary in Nigeria has successfully legalize fraudulent acts. I wouldn’t want to believe such gossip; I am only wondering why President Muhammadu Buhari said that, the Judiciary system needs to be carefully examined.

So in reality, the Supreme Court has endorsed the happenings of April 11, 2015? I now see, why the bible had cautioned Christians, “not to take a rich man to court, else he uses his money to find his way out’. I am not surprised about the whole scenario. I know that, it is a confirmation of the Scripture, which says that, “As the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest time shall never seize.”

In 2006, this same thing happened to Chief Ime Albert. He went to court, yet, couldn’t get Justice. Senator Effiong Bob was in charge, just like UGE is currently incharge. In 2011, the same Bob, who was incharge, was sent packing by some cabal men, who connived to impose Ita Enang on people. 2015, the said Ita Enang, was seen lamenting on Planet FM., OBA was and is still incharge. Tomorrow, the story may be different. No one knows the womb, which will give brith to a king, through its outward look?

We shouldn’t celebrate injustice over justice. Such attitude makes no sense. Can Udom or any of his fans boldly tell God on the Judgment day, that, he won through a due process known to human conscience? It is said that, UOU is also reaping what he sowed, if such allegation is true, then, UGE should also know that, he himself, has sown a seed, which will be harvested someday.

I blame colonialism; it is the cause of our predicament. The Whites have used their instrument (Court) to cause enmity between two brothers, and sisters. Chinua Achebe, while alive, had said that, our Colonial Masters placed demarcation on what used to bind us together, stressing that, Things have Fallen Apart, because the centre can no longer hold. If it was in the Traditional African society, where libation, incantation was the other of the day, I doubt, if such injustice would have prevailed.

I wish to plead with Udom Emmanuel never to rejoice over the Supreme Court ruling, so that, thinkers, who know the truth will not think he is a dubious man. He shouldn’t make thinkers to remember incidents of G22, the wanton killing of those electorates in ibiono, Uyo to mention only two among other things. We are all Akwa Ibomites, we know these things, if Supreme Court has decided to think otherwise, then, it is a sign of endtime, not victory.

I have decided to christen the judgment as ‘Sign of endtime’. I don’t want to view it as Udom’s victory, so as not to incur the wrath of God through my actions. I have watched where some gullible people unleach vulgar words on Umana Okon Umana that was uncalled for. The man thought he could seek justice, not knowing, he was embraking on a fruitless journey.

Instead of insulting UOU, I will like we examine ourselves between 2015-2019 and critically access if we will be better than him financially, spiritually, economically and otherwise. Are we thinking that UOU will be stranded in APC led government? Then why are we insulting him?

Despite not being a fan of Umana Okon Umana nor that of Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, I don’t see why our youths should openly rain abuses on our elders. The Bible says, “…And God gave the Children of Isreal, a king, according to their demand”. Whether we rejoice today or not, I am optimistic that, in no distance time, Akwa Ibom people, just like Isrealites, will know the composition of Udom Gabriel Emmanuel. His six months was a tip of iceberg.

If within three months in office, he abandoned his Canvassers and other supporters, only to handpick his wife’s biological brothers as transition Chairman and SA on Inter Ministerial and Direct Labour. If within two months, he preffered the likes of Lagos based Emmanuel Onwodikut, Nathan Ekaette to those who toiled and labour, then we should be rest assured that, a man’s character cannot be hidden forever.

Why do we say that, the court is the last hope of a common man, where as, prayers and dialogue should actually be the last hope of a common man? Why do we seek redress in a court of Law, where the court of law supposes to do that with us? It is said in beer parlour that, the Judiciary has succedded in legalizing criminality in the country. I wouldn’t wish to add and subtract. I leave them to their conscience.

However, if this inhuman treatment continues, there may be proliferation of casualties during elections, because it is only an insane man, who will seek redress in court after his election. The best option will be to mobilize people with all amounts of weapons, so that, if there is any foul smell during election, you either bomb the vicinity or wantonly kill the people involved.

Violence, I think, will solve electioneering brouhaha better than Judiciary. However, the violence should be directed to parties’ involved in the act of election malpractice not innocent people.

Umana Okon Umana is not losing anything. He had only political difference with his friend, Senator Godswill Akpabio. Their business affiliation is rumored to be intact. So, I see no reason, why someone should say, “Umana anie mbom”. Instead of having pity for a man with financial independence, why not have pity for yourself, who is unable to afford a good three square meal.

I salute Umana Okon Umana for his doggedness. He has brought laurel to his family. His ambition united Ibibio nation and through him, we saw men and women of proven integrity who stood by him, both in the day and night hours.

I will rather choose to align with the Sunny Jacksons, Maurice Ebongs, Nsima Ekeres and other core supporters of APC, who threw their weight behind APC in the day and night, rather than dining and wining with some PDP politicians, who stood by UGE in the morning, but sneak into APC in the night.

If re-run was conducted in this state, I bet you, UGE would have faced disappointment from people he thinks are his supporters. All the same, he should be thankful to Senator Godswill Akpabio, who incidentally is the Senate Vice Chairman on Committee on Judiciary. Today, Akpabio is a king, who knows the duration of his kingship.

In 1999, Otuekong Don Etiebet was a King to Attah, in 2007, Udoedehe, Sam Akpan etc were all kings to Akpabio. Where are there today? That goes a long way to show that, nothing last forever.

Udom needs to hold full grip of PDP in the state and National, in order to be able to clinch 2019 ticket. The outcome of next month Party congress will determine his fate. It is time for him to take full grip of the party, if he relies on the political acumen of GOA, he will have himself to blame.

He should play down on this celebration, before thinkers will think that, he is a politician without a conscience. No one who has conscience will celebrate a ruling over the innocent blood that were shed on 11th April, 2015. No one who has conscience will take the ruling of the Supreme Court as a reflection of what transpired on Election Day.

It was yesterday, that I discovered that, if Jang had proceeded to court of Law during the Nigeria’s Governor Forum, he would have won, despite scoring 16/19. I have learnt a lesson, none of my child will read Law in Nigeria, because, I wouldn’t like them to bag curses.

I salute President Buhari, who has given the Judiciary a veritable platform to uncover the manner; he (President) came to power. Except he has intention of splitting this country into three before 2019, if not, PDP will bounce back in 2019.

I am happy that, I learnt my lesson since on the 9th December, 2014. I thank God I only fainted; I didn’t die that day G22 voice was not heard, even when they were shouting aloud.

I thank God I learnt my political lesson early in life. Nigeria Politics and Judiciary need deliverance from an anointed man of God.

I wish some men of God, who are attending that celebration at the Banquete will know that, thinkers are watching them.

In conclusion, since the day, court lifted injunction on Ime Ekanem cum G22 case with UGE, I knew, taking UGE to court was like dancing naked in a market square. Udom will be so cocky henceforth. I wish he knows that 2019 is three years away.
Re: Sc Judgment: Are We Celebrating Justice Or Injustice by BushidoBlue(m): 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
We know that in Nigeria whenever APC wins it is free and fair, but when PDP wins it is an illegality....

(1) (Reply)

Yobe Fully Liberated From Boko Haram – Governor Gaidam / Re-comedian Ereme Plan To Commit Suicide. / Ooni Of Ife Emerges Youngest Chancellor,tells Saraki “nigerian Youths Are With U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.