Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,910 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Black Bird - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Bird (12846 Views)

Something To Know About That Bird On The Wire [picscribe] / And He Collapsed (story Of My Half Human, Half Bird Lover) / Black Bird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Bird by zaynie(f): 9:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
teechudleyy:

Will do so. Thanks for the suggestion.

You dont need to.
I have learnt many Igbo words, phrases and proverbs from literary works such as this mainly.
Not just that, many novels with a Greek, Indian, Italian setting use snippets of their languages. It makes you want to know more about that setting.
There are many messages that only our mother tongue can pass across.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
zaynie:

You dont need to.
I have learnt many Igbo words, phrases and proverbs from literary works such as this mainly.
Not just that, many novels with a Greek, Indian, Italian setting use snippets of their languages. It makes you want to know more about that setting.
There are many messages that only our mother tongue can pass across.

Sometimes, there are some depths in the messages that get lost in translation. I believe a glossary might be useful tho

1 Like

Re: Black Bird by Favolly(f): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Waiting....

1 Like

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
K

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Black Bird by Missmossy(f): 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Enthralling!! Kudos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Missmossy:
Enthralling!! Kudos.

Thanks miss,
Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 2:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Blackbird updating soon... sorry, my phone crashed and i lost the next three installments. learnt to back up my files. Nothing like the old school pen and paper.
Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 8:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
K

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 11:56am On Mar 01, 2016
K

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Black Bird by amicable09(f): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2016
*Sad* Tee, you have succeeded in breaking my heart.
Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
amicable09:
*Sad*
Tee, you have succeeded in breaking my heart.

Im sad too. Really. So sorry. But somehow, i kinda gues you knew it would come to this.
Re: Black Bird by amicable09(f): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
teechudleyy:

Im sad too. Really. So sorry. But somehow, i kinda gues you knew it would come to this.
After the first one turned out to be a street kid, I felt she was safe and will reunite with her family next but looks like this will be one very long read! with many twists and turns.

Mother's address missing, stranger in a strange big city... I'm afraid already for her.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next part with a tad bit of anxiety. More ink to your pen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
amicable09:

After the first one turned out to be a street kid, I felt she was safe and will reunite with her family next but looks like this will be one very long read! with many twists and turns.

Mother's address missing, stranger in a strange big city... I'm afraid already for her.

I'm eagerly waiting for the next part with a tad bit of anxiety. More ink to your pen!

Lol. Thank you. Will keep it coming. Thanks for following the story dearie. Na my encouragement b dat.

1 Like

Re: Black Bird by Missmossy(f): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Aww really pity Jola,kudos tee.

2 Likes

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Missmossy:
Aww really pity Jola,kudos tee.

Thanks missmossy
Re: Black Bird by blazingyou: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Amazing... I feel bad for her... Little girl in a big city cryAmazing... I feel bad for her... Little girl in a big city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by Eebrahym(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Waooooo, I must read everything word for word. Loving your style of writing grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Black Bird by Iamanonymouss: 6:09am On Mar 02, 2016
men that can't keep their 'opa mose' in one place sad

well done ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2016
K

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Black Bird by cc150615(f): 11:09am On Mar 04, 2016
Sad one for Jola but I'm kinda happy with wat happened to gap tooth, you really don't wanna see how someone crushed by a train looks!
Dts what happens when your 'head' is stronger than diamond!
It actually reminds me of a particular incident dt also made me think : woow, izzit my head dt is this strong?
Re: Black Bird by Missmossy(f): 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
Interesting,keep it coming.

3 Likes

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
cc150615:
Sad one for Jola but I'm kinda happy with wat happened to gap tooth, you really don't wanna see how someone crushed by a train looks!
Dts what happens when your 'head' is stronger than diamond!
It actually reminds me of a particular incident dt also made me think : woow, izzit my head dt is this strong?

Loool! Strong head indeed. If we all had this kind of head, this life would be a much better place
Re: Black Bird by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2016
This is the first time in NL I would read a work that falls within my favourite genre.
But what always bothers me is to see women writing with such literary skills. You are doing a very good job here.

1 Like

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Stealthideals24:
This is the first time in NL I would read a work that falls within my favourite genre.
But what always bothers me is to see women writing with such literary skills. You are doing a very good job here.

Oh wow! Thanks a lot. Im glad you like my work. But i dnt understand why it bothers you seeing women write na... i'll keep trying to do better. Thanks once again.
Re: Black Bird by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2016
teechudleyy:

Oh wow! Thanks a lot. Im glad you like my work. But i dnt understand why it bothers you seeing women write na... i'll keep trying to do better. Thanks once again.
We know what distinguishes [men] from [boys]. You have the ability to don your writing with ephuistic ornaments. But men always want to be men; we always want to surpass women in everything. In this case, I am just jealous of your prowess. I rather stick to my individual writing style.

1 Like

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
Stealthideals24:

We know what distinguishes [men] from [boys]. You have the ability to don your writing with ephuistic ornaments. But men always want to be men; we always want to surpass women in everything. In this case, I am just jealous of your prowess. I rather stick to my individual writing style.

Lmaooooo! u are so funny mehn... but damn right sincere too.
Re: Black Bird by Eebrahym(m): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
Next piece please ooo
Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2016
Eebrahym:
Next piece please ooo

Its on the way...
Re: Black Bird by tijehi(f): 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Teechudleyy, I'm suspecting u of being a renowned writer. Abah, this ur writing is too much. It's dem chinue Achibe that writes like this o. Oya, tell us ur real name biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by Eebrahym(m): 7:48am On Mar 06, 2016
teechudleyy:

Its on the way...
Which way please grin
Re: Black Bird by Eebrahym(m): 7:49am On Mar 06, 2016
tijehi:
Teechudleyy, I'm suspecting u of being a renowned writer. Abah, this ur writing is too much. It's dem chinue Achibe that writes like this o. Oya, tell us ur real name biko.
I agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Bird by teechudleyy(f): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
tijehi:

Lol! @tijehi amen to that!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Current Most Celebrated African Author / Black Orchid / Sins Of My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.