Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,226 members, 7,957,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' (51073 Views)

Cuteness Overload; Young Girls In Hijab Take The Internet By Storm. See Why.PICS / Okuneye Idris-Olanrewaju: Male Barbie Doll (Photos) / Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Flexherbal(m): 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
I have seen it.
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by haisam: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
nice one dressing is a tool of identification
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by uzolexis(f): 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
why is there no black hijarbie

3 Likes

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Akkord4gov: 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
grin
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by DonBenergy(m): 7:27pm On Feb 04, 2016
They look nice though, but keeping dolls is not allowed in Islam.
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by ademoladeji(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
shizzy7:
Her surname though
She Muslims know Adam ni?
You be confam Olodo... grin
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by osamaBUSH(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ameanux:
Allah is great. Arna ko baku so sai musulunci ta taukaka a duniya. Got it
Mutumina... You are such a waste!

3 Likes

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Horlufemi(m): 7:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
AreaFada2:
Adam and Adama are common Muslim names for boy n girl. Pity that differences are now more obvious than similarities among religions. Ayoub/Job, Daud/david, Yusuf/Joseph, Ibrahim/Abraham, Isah/Jesus, Yacoub/Jacob, Ishmael/Ismail, Mary/Maryam.

Plagiarism of Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
ademoladeji:
Hmmm

Anytime I hear Haneefah, all I see is Kaysclose!!!

This is interesting

I need to ask Kabir if Haneefah is truly 24... Lmao
she is according to the op grin grin
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
9jatatafo:
Ok we don hear. I just hope BH will not start putting bombs in these barbies not forgetting those terrorists
are you the only one in the whole of Nigeria that have not heard of the annihilation of boko are-rams?
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by HaneefahRN(f): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
GurlFriend:
In January, the world was blessed with a curvy Barbie, a tall Barbie and a petite Barbie. Now, 24-year-old Nigerian Haneefah Adam is making the case for the hijab Barbie.

She came up with the idea for Hijarbie while she was studying for her master’s degree in England. Haneefah noticed a lack of diverse toys for little girls and wanted to introduce a modest dress doll to the market. .

After crafting the idea for a few months, she came home to Nigeria and started documenting her idea — creating all of the hijabs and dresses on her own. Her dolls nicknamed "Hijarbie" has taken Instagram by storm and even has its own separate IG account @hijabchickbarbie

"It got me thinking about how I'd actually like to see a doll dressed up like I would have — covered up," Adam, who is a fashion designer, told Style Mic. "I was mulling about the idea for about three months while I was still studying for my master's degree in the U.K. When I got back to Nigeria, I went to the mall, purchased a doll, dressed it up, documented it and here we are."

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/nigerian-girl-takes-international.html#sthash.g2t5Ub1O.dpuf
Wow! Haneefah Adam, my sister keep rocking! Check out her fashion blog for muslimahs at muslimhanie. Didn't knw she is back
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Forget your hijab on a doll Missy and answer me this: why is the doll white and you asss is black? I know!!! shocked

you just want money for your Penny's angry

isokay grin

let ask her tribe please without an uproar tongue
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by ademoladeji(m): 7:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:
she is according to the op grin grin

*Suspicious*

Confam your location!
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by nerodenero: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2016
Wondering how a dark skinned Hijarbie would look undecided
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Yazmin: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ameanux:
Allah is great. Arna ko baku so sai musulunci ta taukaka a duniya. Got it

I really hate it when fellow muslims refer to our non Muslim brethren as 'kafirs' or 'Arna'.

Don't arrogate a false sense of piety to yourself and consider others as being a lower grade in piety... it just s*ucks wallahi!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Wow! Haneefah Adam, my sister keep rocking! Check out her fashion blog for muslimahs at muslimhanie. Didn't knw she is back

Ask the sister why she didn't model the dolls on her look? (Brown/black women with hijab) If and when she was sending a positive msg she would.... This is just fashion and a cloth I guess. Disappointed a lil

3 Likes

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by grandstar(m): 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
shizzy7:
Her surname though

She Muslims know Adam ni?

Many Yoruba Muslims bare such names. The most popular example is Ganiyu Adams, head of the OPC
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
segebase:
no black dolls ni

EddyNumerouno:
No African barbie doll, all Caucasian?

trust me, u guys re gonna be d first to reject a black doll baby
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by RELEASEUS: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
ShakurM:
It's 2016, shey people still dey buy barbie dolls ni?
Wait till you get a female child. You will understand what these dolls mean. hahaha.
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by danidee10(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
shamecurls:
Am so Hornyy at the moment

Feel like making babies..

what are you waiting for....remember dat iya kamoru goat undecided

1 Like

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by HaneefahRN(f): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nubian113:

Ask the sister why she didn't model the dolls on her look? (Brown/black women with hijab) If and when she was sending a positive msg she would.... This is just fashion and a cloth I guess. Disappointed a lil

Sowie u're dissapointed, I guess she worked wt the most accessible barbie dolls. We all knw black barbie dolls ain't as common as d caucasians. Overall, it ain't bad
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
black lady with hijab making a white doll barbie with hijab.

1 Like

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by danidee10(m): 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
These hijabs are cute....but sadly the ones in nigeria wowo die
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Eve62(f): 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
nice but I think we should have dem portraying our Nigerian colour. #teamblack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by cococandy(f): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
I think they are very lovely.
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by shizzy7(f): 7:57pm On Feb 04, 2016
grandstar:

Many Yoruba Muslims bare such names. The most popular example is Ganiyu Adams, head of the OPC
Thanks jareyy, I just googled "Adam in the Quran"... The name was mentioned 25 times in the Quran so I guess it's not only the yoruba Muslims that bear the name maybe hausas too .

Unlike one ademoladeji who is indeed the confam Olodo. ...
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by FuckTheMod: 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
pls check them for IEDs.

if this sisters dont want anybody to see their body they should better remain indoors.
Ode

If e dey pain u, go kill yourself

Dey don't want you to see their body and you'll never see it tongue

Epka
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Misselocon(f): 7:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
No dolls for me
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by SilvanusII(m): 8:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
witorwitoutyou:

Leave us alone...Daft,criticize ur nuns,and mind ur biz,aw e take affect u,werey agba

Mumu omo. You prolly av bin seeing too many American movies. So u know, the nuns in those flowing black n white habits are always cloistered in their abbeys. Now, the Nigerian ones that u see do not wear black or brown 'sweep the streets' agbadas. They wear white and/or blue below the knee dresses. We are thankful they are 'see through' enough to not hide bombs to kill ppl else your ppl wud av hijacked their dressing to perpetrate terror
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by shizzy7(f): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Sowie u're dissapointed, I guess she worked wt the most accessible barbie dolls. We all knw black barbie dolls ain't as common as d caucasians. Overall, it ain't bad
Black dolls are common, they are produced in Nigeria by a Nigerian named Taofiq Okoya.....Black dolls are even outselling Barbie..

They are called queens of Africa and depict our traditional mode of dressing..

2 Likes

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by shizzy7(f): 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
More pictures

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Vs Madman: Who Wore It Better? (Photo) / Lady Wears Dress Made With Plastic Cups (Photo) / I Lightened My Skin And I Now Have Multiple Stretch Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.