Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' (50873 Views)

Cuteness Overload; Young Girls In Hijab Take The Internet By Storm. See Why.PICS / Okuneye Idris-Olanrewaju: Male Barbie Doll (Photos) / Girl Slammed For Flaunting Curves In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by zainabxel(f): 11:59pm On Feb 04, 2016
Ameanux:
Allah is great. Arna ko baku so sai musulunci ta taukaka a duniya. Got it

Bloody fanatic, that's why you guys breed like rabbits, with children that are only good at disturbing people's peace

1 Like

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by zainabxel(f): 12:10am On Feb 05, 2016
Olarajee:

Thats why hatred is so much because you refused to know anything about the teachings of Islam yet still attacking them with hatred. Nothing except hatred.

They know Adam o, they believe in Jesus too and a holy virgin Mary. What else you wanna know?

Actually the hate comes from what muslims do to others..you won't be killing me and expect me to go and start doing a research about the good parts of your religion
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 05, 2016
9jatatafo:

Is uncle Lai Mohammed your mentor?
one IPOB youth spotted!
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by 9jatatafo(m): 2:08am On Feb 05, 2016
lexiconkabir:
one IPOB youth spotted!

Lol
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Myde4naija(m): 4:23am On Feb 05, 2016
flyca:

Pls may I know exact commandment - I mean what must be covered and what may not be? What are the Islamic standards? The purpose of hijab is to please God - by warding men off, right? Does the red Barbie conform to standards? Why is it getting international accolade? What of the president's daughter - Zahra?

I'm asking because I don't get the rationale behind "cover head, open breast".

Please explain to me without insult. Thanks
Hijab is one of the most misunderstood, most misused and most attacked subjects in the world at the moment. However, it is one of the most important subjects in our life as a muslim. I personally feel that if Hijab is observed in true sense by all of us, half of the problems existing in our society will be solved, Be-izn-Allah.

Let us try to understand the word Hijab (veil) before going in to further details. Hijab stands for modesty. We can say that Hijab is important because of modesty. Then some may ask: But why is modesty so important? Qur’an will explain to us.

People usually discuss Hijab in context of women. However, in the Holy Qur’an, Allah (SWT) first mentions Hijab for men, before Hijab for women.

قُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِمْ وَيَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ذَلِكَ أَزْكَى لَهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا يَصْنَعُونَ

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) & to protect their private parts. That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.”

( Qur’an 24 verse 30).

This guards the modesty of men. People obeying this comandment of Allah (SWT) will be seen as modest men in society.

Now let us shift our focus to Hijab for women.

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُلْ لأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِنْ جَلابِيبِهِنَّ ذَلِكَ أَدْنَى أَنْ يُعْرَفْنَ فَلا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُوراً رَحِيماً

“O Prophet! Tell your wives & your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known as (respectable woman), so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

(Holy Qur’an33 verse 59).

See, Qur’an answers the question about modesty. “..so that they should be known as respectable woman, so as not to be annoyed….“. So, it is all about modesty.

Criteria for Hijab

There are basically 06 criteria for observing Hijab.

A: Extent

The extent of body that should be covered is different for men & women. The extent of covering obligatory on the male is to cover the body at least from navel to the knees. For women, the extent of covering obligatory is to cover the complete body except the face and hands up to the wrists. If they wish to, they can cover even these. Some scholars are of the view that face should also be covered. My personal understanding is that face covering is optional (references are available to explain this); however, it is up to an individual to adopt whichever view he/she chose to; both views are correct (Wallah-o-alam).

This is the only criteria which is different for men & women. All other five criteria are same for men & women.

B: The clothes worn should be loose and should not reveal the figure.

This criterion, though same for both men & women, yet is more critical for women. We can see in abundance nowadays, women wearing revealing dresses. Rasool-Allah (PBUH) strictly condemned this. Refer to following hadith:

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah (RA) said: Rasool-Allah (PBUH) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen: People having whips, like the tails of cows, with which they strike the people; and women who are clothed yet naked (i.e. scantily dressed); with their heads like the humps of camels leaning to one side. They will not enter Paradise nor smell its (Jannah’s) fragrance, and its fragrance may be detected from such & such distance.”

(Hadith No. 5582 (2128), Book about Clothing & Adornment, Sahih Muslim, Vol. 5).

C: The clothes worn should not be transparent such that one can see through.

This criterion, again, though same for both men & women, yet it is more crucial for women. The fact is that woman is such a beautiful, delicate and attractive creation of Allah (SWT) that it needs to be guarded carefully. Hence, the criterion becomes more crucial when it comes to women. Nevertheless, let us study the following hadith to understand the importance of not wearing transparent clothes.

It was narrated from Dihyah bin Khalifah Al-Kalbi that he said: Some pieces of Qabati (fine Egyptian linen) were brought to Rasool-Allah (PBUH) & he gave me a piece of it & said: “Cut it into two and make a Qamis with one, and give the other to your wife to cover herself with it.” When he turned away, he said, “Tell your wife to put a cloth under it, so that it cannot be seen through.”

(Hadith No. 4116, Book of Clothing, Sunan Abu Dawud, Vol. 4).

D: The clothes worn should not be so glamorous as to attract opposite sex.

This is applicable to both men & women equally.

E: The clothes worn should not resemble that of opposite sex.

This is again a very big concern rising rapidly in our society. Women are mostly attired in men’s dressings (jeans, trousers, etc.). Some sections of males are also adopting cross-dressing; such males are now in abundance who assume styles of females (Wallah-o-alam why?). Rasool-Allah has cursed such persons. Refer to following hadith on this matter:

It was narrated that Abu Hurairah (RA) said: Rasool-Allah (PBUH) cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.

(Hadith No. 4098, Book of Clothing, Sunan Abu Dawud, Vol. 4).

F: The clothes worn should not resemble that of the unbelievers i.e. they should not wear clothes that are specifically symbolic of un-believer’s religion (like dhoti or saffron coloured costume or any other such dress etc.).

As for the president daughter, what we see now adays is that people are trying to westernise islam itself which is not incomformity with the quran and the teaches of the prophet every muslim must follow the sunnah i.e prophet muhammed (pbuh) guidelines. ALLAAH KNOWS BEST.i hope have answered ur question

1 Like

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by GogetterMD(m): 6:15am On Feb 05, 2016
flyca:
Pls can someone explain to me the essence of this hijab. I heard its supposed to make ladies "unattractive" to the opposite sex except their husbands. Pls is this true?

If its true, isn't the Barbie in red dress "attractive"? And then, why its being applauded? Most of our Muslim sisters dress that way too. Why cover head and leave out chest? Isn't the chest more appealing when it comes to sexual attractiveness?
Also, what of the elaborate make-up? Is it still in concord with simplicity in dressing?

Pls these are my honest questions.
Thank you
Ideally, the scriptural instructions is for the hijab to cover the bosoms, and loose fitting clothing to shield the curves of the female body. Clothing colours as worn by a female shouldn't be colours that are too bright as this calls attention, and makeup should be minimal when outdoors
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by dejavuh0007(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2016
A lame discovery at its best
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by druxy(m): 8:08am On Feb 05, 2016
flyca:
Pls can someone explain to me the essence of this hijab. I heard its supposed to make ladies "unattractive" to the opposite sex except their husbands. Pls is this true?

If its true, isn't the Barbie in red dress "attractive"? And then, why its being applauded? Most of our Muslim sisters dress that way too. Why cover head and leave out chest? Isn't the chest more appealing when it comes to sexual attractiveness?
Also, what of the elaborate make-up? Is it still in concord with simplicity in dressing?

Pls these are my honest questions.
Thank you
hijab is not to make them ugly...For head cover.dox leaving chest wan showcase..na their prob be dat.girls can dress well so far the major points aint left open in a provocative way..
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by jemype(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2016
Iamoluwaslim:
Hhhmn! The Dolls ar Cute!...
I love Barbie Dolls!

Kai. U love barbie. Any guy dat lyks barbie will lyk vaseline too grin

It's Atobilobah!
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by ODUBEZE: 10:03am On Feb 05, 2016
what stops her from dressing this way?
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by glossy6(f): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2016
mcee1:
Gidin uwarka kaima. Nasan kai namijine pretending to be a girl. sai na ci ubanka inkai wasa dani. Arne kawai.

Mitchewww. Uncircumcised son of an Arab slave.

I blame Obj that made it possible for almajare like you to handle a phone.

Dan sege

Am a lady and a lady I remain. Are you surprised I challenged you?

Uncouth foool.

ubanka ya ci uwarka
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by niyi123: 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
pls check them for IEDs.

if this sisters dont want anybody to see their body they should better remain indoors.

What do you want to do with their bodies, hypocrite, and the ones moving around half naked should remain outside. After all, you as a man do you move around naked? shiooo
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by crestedaguiyi: 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
niyi123:

What do you want to do with their bodies, hypocrite, and the ones moving around half naked should remain outside. After all, you as a man do you move around naked? shiooo

mugu, did God create man with clothes
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by flyca: 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
GogetterMD:

Ideally, the scriptural instructions is for the hijab to cover the bosoms, and loose fitting clothing to shield the curves of the female body. Clothing colours as worn by a female shouldn't be colours that are too bright as this calls attention, and makeup should be minimal when outdoors

Ok. Thank you for explaining it to me. What I understand is that what majority of our Muslim sisters wear is not the correct hijab.

Cc: Myde4naija. Druxy

1 Like

Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by shizzy7(f): 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
doveda:

angry
You and I know that the bolded is very doubtful
In Nigeria not all over the world. ..
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by niyi123: 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

mugu, did God create man with clothes

Ineffectual buffoon, as God created man without cloth, did you walk naked as an adult? if not, you are a big fool
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by crestedaguiyi: 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
niyi123:

Ineffectual buffoon, as God created man without cloth, did you walk naked as an adult? if not, you are a big fool

zombie, i dont dress like a masquerade because of religion.

it is religion that brought about this kind of dressing hence my asking whether God made made with clothes.
Re: Hijarbie: Haneefah Adam's 'Hijab Chick Barbie' by Myde4naija(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
flyca:

Ok. Thank you for explaining it to me. What I understand is that what majority of our Muslim sisters wear is not the correct hijab.

Cc: Myde4naija. Druxy
you are very correct, what we have now is mockery of hijab. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Who Wear Beads, Small Ones, On Their Waist. Who Are They? / Lady Wears Dress Made With Plastic Cups (Photo) / Facial Soap And Cream That Lightens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.