Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari (1698 Views)

Nigeria:a Country Still Looking For A Change! / Its Shameful That Buhari Being President Is Tolerating Election Killings. / It's A Shame Nigeria Still Imports, Eggs, Toothpick, Sugar, Wheat - CBN Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2016
OyeniyiLeke:

Good point

Which means it requires patience, dedication and hardwork but the rewards could be very great. Sounds like any other business to me.

Importation is just an easier option but detrimental to our economy.

There are many schemes out there to provide financial support and mentoring for new businesses. Are you aware of this?
Lol. Importation is not bad for an economy but you need to review it when industries come on stream and the industries will be able to meet the needs of the citizenry.

Plz I want you to still have it in mind that Buhari will be spending 3.7billion naira on importation of BMW cars while we have other indigenous car manufacturing and assembly lines.

The laws are made for the poor only
Re: Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
obailala:
Of course getting into manufacturing isn't a bed of roses, the Nigerian power problem alone is even a major show-stopper. Imported finished products are far far cheaper and of higher quality (for now) than locally manufactured/produced stuff hence it's much more lucrative for businessmen to just import than to manufacture. As a matter of fact, it may interest you to note that most local manufacturers also do massive importation by the side to shore up their profits, hence the complaints from these guys that the policies are affecting their business (the hidden truth is that the policies affects the import side of their businesses and not the other way around).

For an import dependent nation like Nigeria, it would take a whole lot of patience and belt-tightening to shift the nation away from its import dependence. I don't think the present policies restricting imports are in bad faith, but if only our porous smuggling borders can be blocked, I can assure you the gains of these 'harsh' policies would be felt, but 'much later.'
let the FG start the belt tightening from its side with its budget geared towards importing about 90% of the equipment to be used in this fiscal year.

The laws are made for the poor
Re: Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari by 7lives: 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
Rikidony:
PATHETIC.

THATS WHAT PDP 16 YEARS RULE HAVE TURN NIGERIA INTO.

WITH BABA HOPE STILL DEY

OIL PRICE UNDER PDP'S RULE

THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE THAT ANYONE WHO STILL SUPPORT PDP AFTER 16 YEARS OF MISRULE IS EITHER MAD OR THE PERSON IS AN AGENT OF THE DEVIL.
Re: Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari by OyeniyiLeke: 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Lol. Importation is not bad for an economy but you need to review it when industries come on stream and the industries will be able to meet the needs of the citizenry.

Plz I want you to still have it in mind that Buhari will be spending 3.7billion naira on importation of BMW cars while we have other indigenous car manufacturing and assembly lines.

The laws are made for the poor only

Bros The president has said that the importation of the BMW cars is under review

He mentioned in the Presidential chat that the cars he is currently using is ok for him for the next 10 years. I fully support the patronage of local car assemblies.

If we are talking about the budget allocations, that is another issue

P.S. We do not have car manufacturing companies in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Its Shameful That Our Country Still Imports Tootpick,tomato Paste Etc - Buhari by Rikidony(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Standing5:
OBJ tried banning import of easy-to-make goods in order to spur local manufacture and industry growth.
I WISH HE SUCCEEDED

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Prices - Ojuelegba Vs Cape Town / Trending Picture Of PMB On Instagram About Change. / Rivers Rerun:See Pics Of Flag Amachree,APC Thug Who Killed A Man In Asari Toru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.