Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,435 members, 7,958,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? (35592 Views)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by mu2sa2: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saraki is a guy who believes he can use money to achieve his political ambitions. it is rumoured that he bribed senators with hundreds of millions of naira to snatch the senate presidency. I dont think he will willingly step down as senate president because he sees it as a stepping stone to his ultimate ambition of becoming the president of nigeria.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by seyibaale(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
It's only in Nigeria public office holders don't resign after been alleged for corruption..He should just quit

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by melodyirish(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2016
Still watching the end of APC corruption fight, because dis is a test

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Koolking(m): 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
He should bank on supreme court to find him not guilty. Even Dasuki no send us. Supreme court to his rescue.

I no come understand Nigerian supreme modus operandi. Appeal court will deliver judgement based on conspicuous evidences. Supreme will trash the judgement and rule against (I guess, with sentiment).
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by chudyboy05(m): 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Have Adopted Him As Their Political Leader...So Don't Cry For Him...
Aturu, so without d name IPOb u won't be living till date. Thank God for displaying your pawpaw weed m*dness here. Smoke more ;ike MBE.

2 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Aare2050(m): 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nigeria

but the CCB did not find anything wrong about buhari declaration of 1,000 cows that metamorphosed to 100,000 cows in weeks.

or buhari 20million naira that he was using to fund her daughter education in the UK.

or Aisha buhari donation of 30,million when the husband did not have up to that in his life savings.

what a country.

mind you. I'm not saying saraki should not be prosecuted o.

just that, what is good for the goos is good for the ganja
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by drnairalov: 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
we all know how this we end ...Saraki will still be the senate president.. they should stop wasting our precious time
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by figment232(m): 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2016
HiDee2:
Has Dr. Saraki come to the end of the road, politically? Well, maybe not, in Nigeria anything can happen.

But if indeed he has nothing to hide, it worries the mind as to why he tried to (through the back door) prevent the case brought against him by the CCB at the CCT from going to full trial. Now that the SC has rightly ruled his case lacks merit, (meaning his attempt to use loopholes in the law to ridicule the law failed), what next for him?

Here are three options (amongst many others):

1. Resign honourably
This is the standard procedure for public officials accused of impropriety in other climes! To protect the office he currently occupies (Office of the Senate President) and to avoid a conflict of interest while he has has his day in court to clear his name from the mud.

Two scenarios are possible at the end of his trial:

A- He is found "not guilty", and so, he's left off the hook. But considering the gravity of evidence against him, this possibility would be interesting.

B- He is found "guilty", and the law runs it full course.

2. Refuse to resign
To ignobly hold on to the Office of Senate President in spite of the corruption trial he is facing, he would need to rally the support of senators to further polarize the Senate, his party (APC) and even Nigeria in order to forestall the commencement of impeachment proceedings against him.

This line of action would really be unfortunate but at the end, we hope justice will be served, no matter whose ox is gored.

3. Get a soft landing.
In the past under previous administrations, corruption cases, such as this, against high ranking public officers became a "family affair" and before Nigerians said Jack, everything was swept under the carpet.

Nothing of such need happen under the new adminstration. President Muhammadu Buhari must be encouraged by all well meaning Nigerians not to toll that ignoble line. This Saraki vs FRN case must not be traded off for anything, not even for 2019, not for anything. For the good of Nigeria and to rein in corruption, here is an acid test to prove to Nigerians that you are indeed serious about your anti-corruption message, about you desire to relaunch Nigeria on the path of accountability.

This case should be seen to a logical end without fear or favour, and the same measure of zeal should apply to ALL other pending corruption cases including Dasukigate. We must win back our country.

God bless Nigeria.

- Hi-Dee
(A concerned citizen)
ZOMBIE u Wish!
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by saintkel(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Have Adopted Him As Their Political Leader...So Don't Cry For Him...
Must u be naïve always? For once shut d Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by jonyima: 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Another Movie game by APC. We are tired of watching Dasuki , osita Metuh and Kanu.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by 1bunne4lif(m): 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
one of these days you will dream of ipob youths chasing you in your dream

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by clarity4clear(f): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
We are watching in 3HD, in my country nothing is impossible.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by saintkel(m): 5:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
fishmonger:
Hmmmmm, quite interesting as saraki's case serving as litmus test ina bid to fight corruption especially in the corridor of power.

Saraki's case enough to make or mar anti corruption war paddling by PMB.
anyway, am watching in HDTV
I pray justice run its full course but I am afraid cos most Prophets prophesied about a scenario like dis
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by uchennamani(m): 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nice question; now let me answer you. Senator Sariki will face his trial at the Code of Conduct tribunal. The road is now clear for the his trial to continue having exhausted his series of appeals to the courts above the Code of Conduct tribunal. If convicted, he would face imprisonment and will have to relinquish his high position as the president of the Senate. I know some haters will cry to high heaven that the judgment was bought by the APC. If we are to accept that idiotic point of view, who then paid for the PDP governors' victories at the same Supreme courts some days ago? Whether we like it or not, rule of law has come to stay in this country. God bless Mr. Muhammadu Buhari! God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by donsteady(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saraki is a gunner.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Ejehjoe(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
All looters must go to jail
Saraki has erred before God and man. His resignation at this juncture is best for him though it is not honourably as widely believed
Nigeria must be corrupt-free some day!!

2 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Mywoman: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2016
My good people, you should watch him below, he is still recovering from the shock of Supreme court decision on electoral matters from Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Abia. After shamelessly making noise. He said this and that will happen if the judgement will be in favour of PDP.

Only good at noise making.

quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=42647602]IPOB Youths Have Adopted Him As Their Political Leader...So Don't Cry For Him...[/quote

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by bigtt76(f): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Next would be adjournment and or look for ways 5o blackmail de president into telling EFCC to back off grin
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by dikeigbo2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

This your adoption of a thing is becoming a straw held by a sinking man,......so you survived the heartattack of last two days? Kpeleo

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
Even among thieves,there is honour. Over-ambition will kill Saraki Buki. Instead of him enjoying his ill-gotten wealth quietly,he decided to flunt it to the world.

2 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by naijagobetter(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2016
HiDee2:
Has Dr. Saraki come to the end of the road, politically? Well, maybe not, in Nigeria anything can happen.

But if indeed he has nothing to hide, it worries the mind as to why he tried to (through the back door) prevent the case brought against him by the CCB at the CCT from going to full trial. Now that the SC has rightly ruled his case lacks merit, (meaning his attempt to use loopholes in the law to ridicule the law failed), what next for him?

Here are three options (amongst many others):

1. Resign honourably
This is the standard procedure for public officials accused of impropriety in other climes! To protect the office he currently occupies (Office of the Senate President) and to avoid a conflict of interest while he has has his day in court to clear his name from the mud.

Two scenarios are possible at the end of his trial:

A- He is found "not guilty", and so, he's left off the hook. But considering the gravity of evidence against him, this possibility would be interesting.

B- He is found "guilty", and the law runs it full course.

2. Refuse to resign
To ignobly hold on to the Office of Senate President in spite of the corruption trial he is facing, he would need to rally the support of senators to further polarize the Senate, his party (APC) and even Nigeria in order to forestall the commencement of impeachment proceedings against him.

This line of action would really be unfortunate but at the end, we hope justice will be served, no matter whose ox is gored.

3. Get a soft landing.
In the past under previous administrations, corruption cases, such as this, against high ranking public officers became a "family affair" and before Nigerians said Jack, everything was swept under the carpet.

Nothing of such need happen under the new adminstration. President Muhammadu Buhari must be encouraged by all well meaning Nigerians not to toll that ignoble line. This Saraki vs FRN case must not be traded off for anything, not even for 2019, not for anything. For the good of Nigeria and to rein in corruption, here is an acid test to prove to Nigerians that you are indeed serious about your anti-corruption message, about you desire to relaunch Nigeria on the path of accountability.

This case should be seen to a logical end without fear or favour, and the same measure of zeal should apply to ALL other pending corruption cases including Dasukigate. We must win back our country.

God bless Nigeria.

- Hi-Dee
(A concerned citizen)
yesssssss ooooo... My brother he should dance to the muzik he played so others can see and learn if they choose to.

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by datribune: 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Matthew 7:18 - A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Saraki, like father like son.
Saraki who inherited a treacherous gene betrayed d nigerian masses who voted 4 change. He betrayed d APC & d President who was d cheerleader of d election mantra - APC SAK (meaning vote APC frm top to bottom).
Saraki is a PDP mole in d APC to weaken PMB's mandate & to scuttle d anti-corruption agenda of d president & his party.
One by one, all PMB's enemies masquerading as friends shall be exposed & disgraced IJN.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Jiyal(m): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
No safe haven for looters, defend yourself CCT.

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by emeka2847: 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
We are really staying tuned to see how this fat camel will pass through the eye of the needle. We want to see.

CharlesPhc:
Saraki set to lead his supporters in APC to form a new APC; nAPC.

He has vowed not to go down alone...!!! He will sink the ship as he had done previously with nPDP...!!!

Stay tuned for the next episode...!!!
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
watch as they (Ipods)rally to his defence/side!

3 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Akaujaa(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2016
It baffles me when the poor masses who have fallen victims of the greed and recklessness of politicians who siphoned and ran our common wealth aground, begin to sympathise with them when they are being prosecuted by saying things like "Buhari should leave this man alone", "this is witch-hunt", "is he the only corrupt man?", "he is suffering too much" etc. I understand that some people make these statements based on their political affiliations, ethnic base and individual emotion but the truth is that when you consider the enormity of the heartlessness and wickedness exhibited by politicians when it comes to siphoning our common wealth, you will discover that they don't even care about your existence. I have seen many poor innocent citizens committed to jail for years, yet neither the rich politicians nor the poor masses sympathised with them. But when it comes to these bad and corrupt politicians, we will be shouting in their favour as they care about you. As far as am concerned, the likes of Saraki, Metuh, Dasuki, Amechi, Jonathan, or even Buhari himself and others if convicted, can rot in jail for all I care, after all, they are the same humans like the poor man who stole N10 biscuit and is committed to life imprisonment.

4 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by StOla: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Buhari shud leave this man alone

Is it Buhari that is holding him or the rule of law?

You are an ideal citizen where the leader is an ineffectual buffoon.

4 Likes

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Eversoul(m): 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Exactly! let's wait n see hw d anti-corruption campaign wud work here.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by stansaintly(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
I sat down under one of the mango trees in my compound. Guess what? I realised that many of us really don't know what to do, what to say particularly on the situation at hand.

Many are here to rant, while many have thought that here is the best avenue to pour out their pain.

saraki
ipob
niger delta
buhari
nnamdi kanu
Jonathan
david mark.

Who or which issue haven't you commented on? remember, those people have made their names and ur little voice is never heard. Come on, point at one of the solutions ur tiny voice has ever proffered. Ranting and shouting can only give you a sharp cut inside your heart.

Think deep, everybody is in the flag of defeat. who elected him (saraki)? was the crime committed before or after he was elected? Don't you think think that the FG is as guilty as saraki

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by HiDee2(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Guyman02:

You are a confirmed Tinubuist and not a concerned citizen. I dont hold brief for Saraki but APC should start ruling and not all the too many distractions hitting hard on the economy. People are losing jobs all around!

First, only small minds would simply jump at profiling others as Jonathanians, Buharists or Tinubuist for the sake of it! I am glad to burst your bubble, I am none of those three. Rather, I am a Nigerian and pro-Nigerian.

It is bad for the country to just label off people like that, especially people you know zilch about.

Second, of course, the APC should start ruling. Nigerians are tired of the rhetorics- the funny outbursts of Mr. Lai Mohammed are becoming embarrassing even to his own ears. Nigeria should come first, not politics, not party, not even personal interests of "big" politicians like PMB, Tinubu, Saraki or anyone for that matter.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by mozkunzult: 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
I concur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Iara Oshiomole With Ambode / Oshiomhole Group Picks Ize-Iyamu As Edo APC Consensus Candidate / Olanipekun Daughter's Wedding: Atiku, Ooni, Mimiko, Lai Mohammed Attend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.