Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,717 members, 7,955,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? (35582 Views)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by lailo: 6:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
Guyman02:

You are a confirmed Tinubuist and not a concerned citizen. I dont hold brief for Saraki but APC should start ruling and not all the too many distractions hitting hard on the economy. People are losing jobs all around!
They should start ruling?what are they doing?pooing?listen very well,dem no dey use one day feed pikin wey don lean enter bone.There is no magic in rebuilding already destroyed Nigeria by PDP.It requires gradual steps and cooperation of all.Pls wail no more

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
1bunne4lif:
one of these days you will dream of ipob youths chasing you in your dream

But the babe is ibo too na.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Xano(m): 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
IPOB Youths Have Adopted Him As Their Political Leader...So Don't Cry For Him...

You are trying very hard to make yourself relevant. From Rivers State to Bayelsa, you've tried, but failed very well.
To incite a particular ethnic group makes you irrelevant.
Maturity(intelligence) appears to be beyond you yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
StOla:

Is it Buhari that is holding him or the rule of law?
You are an ideal citizen where the leader is an ineffectual buffoon.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
StOla:

You are an ideal citizen where the leader is an ineffectual buffoon.
stale
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by HazzanAsher: 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
ishiamu:
After apc lose in s.court focus is nw on saraki lolzzz

Ngeneukwenu shame on u

Some pple just open their cavity and spit nonsense. Did you know saraki's case started before most of the pdp governors' tribunal cases? If yes, did you know this case was adjourned in the supreme court till feb 2016? If yes, how is that APC's doing?

Pls just STFU kid

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by orakao8: 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
IMPOSSIBLE
Sodiumdawg:
Another option is to "dobale" in front of Jagaban!

I can assure you all will be forgiven and forgotten.....

BY EVERYONE!

Sometimes I wonder if the politicos don't have some secret MiB red flash that wipes our memories.....
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by gigabyte13: 7:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
ishiamu:

Ngeneukwenu shame on u

See as this one dey reason, a typical IPAD miscreant way of reasoning.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
ishiamu:

Ngeneukwenu shame on u

I would have said shame on you, but it's obvious you have no sense of shame.

you swim in the murky waters of corruption yet complain that Nigeria ain't working. what a waste.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by gigabyte13: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
What next for saraki? Is like saying what next for a thieve that is caught red-handed.

As it stands now, even is godfather Atiku cant help him. Saraki is a goner.

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by smartleo(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Buhari shud leave this man alone

Wetin dis one dey talk sef,na buhari b CCT or CCB....babu knowledge

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ishiamu(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ioannes:

I would have said shame on you, but it's obvious you have no sense of shame.

you swim in the murky waters of corruption yet complain that Nigeria ain't working. what a waste.

Gerarahere mehn. All I see around are zombies zombies
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ishiamu(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
[s][/s]
gigabyte13:

See as this one dey reason, a typical IPAD miscreant way of reasoning.
[s][/s]

Trash gtfo plssss
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ishiamu(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
HazzanAsher:

Some pple just open their cavity and spit nonsense. Did you know saraki's case started before most of the pdp governors' tribunal cases? If yes, did you know this case was adjourned in the supreme court till feb 2016? If yes, how is that APC's doing?

Pls just STFU kid

Gtfo zombinus
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by gidjah(m): 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
And this shalll come to pass
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Oluwasogo14: 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
ishiamu:

stale chants shd be ashamed of yaself most times

ߑưߏDLຘް￟㵩 Are you one of the IPOB youth? if not,why are you taking it personal?
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ishiamu(m): 8:43pm On Feb 05, 2016
Oluwasogo14:

ߑưߏDLຘް￟㵩
Are you one of the IPOB youth? if not,why are you taking it personal?

Did I quote u?
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by giantstrides(m): 9:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Sodiumdawg:
Another option is to "dobale" in front of Jagaban!

I can assure you all will be forgiven and forgotten.....

BY EVERYONE!

Sometimes I wonder if the politicos don't have some secret MiB red flash that wipes our memories.....

This post is so spot on, if na juju those politicians dey use , the juju strong die. What amazes me is seeing people suffering, yet defending the corrupt politicians as if their life depended on it.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
ishiamu:

Gerarahere mehn. All I see around are zombies zombies
you need a change of orientation bro.
what exactly has saraki done for you or your family. nothing.
let's join hands to fight corruption.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by PenSniper: 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
tomdon:
KO lo pokunso

O wicked die o.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ishiamu(m): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ioannes:

you need a change of orientation bro.

what exactly has saraki done for you or your family. nothing.

let's join hands to fight corruption.

I don't give a f**k bout saraki or apc. Just said d fact. I was referrin 2 ngeneukwenu dat after her disappointment in apc loss she switch 2 saraki case 2 restore her happiness dasall

1 Like

Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by TBD(m): 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
nAPC will come up soonest...
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Joeoku78: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
Saraki is not intelligent. If he were,then considering the dubious role he played as former gov of kwara in swindling a bank of billions and the embezzlement of his state fund, he wouldn't have used back door the grab the Senate president seat. He should have remained like David Mark in the Senate as a floor member and an observer. David Mark chosed to be calm in the Senate because he is heavily corrupt and does not want to throw stones in the glass house. Saraki defied APC decision to nominate one of its members as Senate president by using dubious means to clinch the seat with the help of opposition PDP members in the Senate thus paving way for a minority party member to become his deputy in the Senate which has never happened in Nigeria since democracy took took off in Nigeria.
Saraki is most likely loosing his seat as Senate president and to end up in jail.
No one can play in buhari regime and go home in hallucination
The political end road for saraki is a stone throw from now. Buhari is working
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ismaog4u(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
end of discussion. ..all hands on desk
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by surey: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2016
Those who fashioned weapons against kwara masses will not prosper
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by ghostwritter(m): 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
Guyman02:

You are a confirmed Tinubuist and not a concerned citizen. I dont hold brief for Saraki but APC should start ruling and not all the too many distractions hitting hard on the economy. People are losing jobs all around!
abeg shut-up, even a child knows that nothing will grow in d midst of corrupt leaders.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by klimson: 6:15am On Feb 06, 2016
Is Saraki on trial? Tell me something! Mumu people. Beta news please. ;DIs Saraki on trial? Tell me something! Mumu people. Beta news please.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Billygee2u: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2016
kayusely:
Ideally he should step down but he won't do that. He will be tried and found guilty going by the evidence against him and be banned from holding public office for 10 years.
you mean he will not be jailed?
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by sunshine1974(m): 8:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Is it not naija? Nothing will happen to this man. Go and write it down. It's just a matter of tym b4 oda high ranking officers of even the president is xposed. No one is holy in dis country I can beat my chest on dat. I'm not against the trial, all I'm saying is dat everything will be swept under the carpet very soon. Until the court starts sentencing this big goons to not 6months inprisonment like bode George but 10/15yrs only den will I start taking dis corruption fight serious
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by keshconnections: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Don't be deceived Nigerians
He knew the outcome of the supreme court before the hearing!
Everything is being stage-managed.
The case would be killed at thr CCT.
Same way the Tribunal is killing all gubernatorial cases.
Truth will prevail at the court (CCT) - Saraki
What truth?
Did U or did U not falsify ur Asset declaration in anticipatary loot moves?
The real problem of this nation is in the Judiciary but they are this powerful because there are loopholes in the constitution for them to exploit.
These loopholes must be identified and blocked to make them powerless corruption-wise.
The FG and the Legislatures has a lot to do.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2016
HiDee2:
Has Dr. Saraki come to the end of the road, politically? Well, maybe not, in Nigeria anything can happen.

But if indeed he has nothing to hide, it worries the mind as to why he tried to (through the back door) prevent the case brought against him by the CCB at the CCT from going to full trial. Now that the SC has rightly ruled his case lacks merit, (meaning his attempt to use loopholes in the law to ridicule the law failed), what next for him?

Here are three options (amongst many others):

1. Resign honourably
This is the standard procedure for public officials accused of impropriety in other climes! To protect the office he currently occupies (Office of the Senate President) and to avoid a conflict of interest while he has has his day in court to clear his name from the mud.

Two scenarios are possible at the end of his trial:

A- He is found "not guilty", and so, he's left off the hook. But considering the gravity of evidence against him, this possibility would be interesting.

B- He is found "guilty", and the law runs it full course.

2. Refuse to resign
To ignobly hold on to the Office of Senate President in spite of the corruption trial he is facing, he would need to rally the support of senators to further polarize the Senate, his party (APC) and even Nigeria in order to forestall the commencement of impeachment proceedings against him.

This line of action would really be unfortunate but at the end, we hope justice will be served, no matter whose ox is gored.

3. Get a soft landing.
In the past under previous administrations, corruption cases, such as this, against high ranking public officers became a "family affair" and before Nigerians said Jack, everything was swept under the carpet.

Nothing of such need happen under the new adminstration. President Muhammadu Buhari must be encouraged by all well meaning Nigerians not to toll that ignoble line. This Saraki vs FRN case must not be traded off for anything, not even for 2019, not for anything. For the good of Nigeria and to rein in corruption, here is an acid test to prove to Nigerians that you are indeed serious about your anti-corruption message, about you desire to relaunch Nigeria on the path of accountability.

This case should be seen to a logical end without fear or favour, and the same measure of zeal should apply to ALL other pending corruption cases including Dasukigate. We must win back our country.

God bless Nigeria.

- Hi-Dee
(A concerned citizen)
Amen.And God bless you too for being a good Nigerian.
Re: What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? by omegatwelve: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2016
I foresee the man in kuje, behind bars

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Fine , Stop Asking About His Whereabouts- Abdulkadir Erkah[video] / Lai Mohammed Bows To Muhammad Zayannu, The Emir Of Yauri (Photos) / "Stupid Journalist": Compilation Of FFK's Abusive Words Against Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.