Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution (9458 Views)

Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? / Proof Of Evolution: The Imperfect Human Body / Theory Of Evolution Debunked! Evolutionists Pls View Intelligently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Makes sense? Lol, you must be kidding me.

- Man was made from clay.
- Sickness/illness is a result of man's disobedience.
- Woman was made from a rib.

This makes sense. This is scientific.

Wow.

Crediting the super complexity of life forms and the relation with their environments to the absurd level of the serendipity of evolution is beyond puerility . The manner the people of old portrayed creation should not take away the truth .

We are products of an eternal intelligent conscious mind and its very evident . Evolution has so many flaws patched up with assumptions .

Who are the ancestors of the whales ? Evolution : A cow-like creature

^^^ Now this obviously from a desperate evolutionist's imagination . Like vooks said most ancestors these evolutionists claim existed were imagined even , Man's ancestors were imagined ! No fossils or proofs those ancestors existed

2 Likes

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

Depends on your definition of common sense. Tell me, do you believe that there was a global flood that destroyed almost everything but that a man built an ark to escape?

I've said it so many times , I believe every event in the bible took place at some point by faith . I fully understand and admire the intellectual and spiritual tenability of the bible and I take every written word seriously .

Evolution is a belief and product of some drunk's imagination .

From reproduction , respiration , movement , gender differences physically and otherwise etc - it shows that it serves a purpose and was designed to satisfy that purpose .

Someone said the VJ and cock were finally gotten through trial and error . Meaning at some point the women had cocks and the males had VJ plus how did nature figure out it finally got it right .

Mechanical tools like the bolt and nut are an evidence of a design .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Niflheim(m): 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
I love the way christians spread lies on Nairaland!!! It makes me laugh and say to my self, "SATAN IS A LEARNER"!!!........................................Mention 1 flaw in Evolution, and I will mention a bigger one in your thinking!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Crediting the super complexity of life forms and the relation with their environments to the absurd level of the serendipity of evolution is beyond puerility .
No one is doing any 'crediting'. Evolution explains how life has evolved/developed. It doesn't address the origin of life. No one knows how life began. GOD is not an answer; it is only a placeholder for our ignorance. No one has a clear definition of what GOD is..

KingEbukasBlog:

The manner the people of old portrayed creation should not take away the truth .
Says a whole lot about you and who you are. Even the applications on your phone require regular updates. And here you are, clinging on to notes/diaries of men long gone, men who never had access to information you have. You ought to be more knowledgeable than them.
But, no, to you, the future can only be found in the past... The tragedy is the past is not even yours. grin grin

KingEbukasBlog:

We are products of an eternal intelligent conscious mind and its very evident . Evolution has so many flaws patched up with assumptions .
Well, it is a scientify theory isn't it? If you can debunk its 'assumptions', why haven't you? Is it flawed because it contravenes what your Bible dictates?

KingEbukasBlog:

Who are the ancestors of the whales ? Evolution : A cow-like creature
A joke, I hope. A funny one, definitely not.

KingEbukasBlog:

^^^ Now this obviously from a desperate evolutionist's imagination . Like vooks said most ancestors these evolutionists claim existed were imagined even , Man's ancestors were imagined ! No fossils or proofs those ancestors existed
Did you even go through the article?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Niflheim:
I love the way christians spread lies on Nairaland!!! It makes me laugh and say to my self, "SATAN IS A LEARNER"!!!........................................Mention 1 flaw in Evolution, and I will mention a bigger one in your of thinking!!!

Most ancestors of life forms were imagined grin . I lie ?
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by johnydon22(m): 6:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Scientific myths and beliefs like evolution aint fit to be the science section . Religion takes care of evolution
k
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

No one is doing any 'crediting'. Evolution explains how life has evolved/developed. It doesn't address the origin of life. No one knows how life began. GOD is not an answer; it is only a placeholder for our ignorance. No one has a clear definition of what GOD is..

God has been , is , will be the answer . Evolution assumes life developed from the simplest of forms . Is Steve Jobs the placeholder of our ignorance when we talk of the mind behind apple ?

Says a whole lot about you and who you are. Even the applications on your phone require regular updates. And here you are, clinging on to notes/diaries of men long gone, men who never had access to information you have. You ought to be more knowledgeable than them.
But, no, to you, the future can only be found in the past... The tragedy is the past is not even yours. grin grin

Charles Babbage is the father of computers . Because modern scientists have developed much better computers does not mean we shouldn't applaud Charles for his brilliant ideas . Your phone analogy is just out of place .

Well, it is a scientify theory isn't it? If you can debunk its 'assumptions', why haven't you? Is it flawed because it contravenes what your Bible dictates?

There are theistic evolutionists and some have stated that the creation story is allegorical , so I'm not sure the point of the bolded statement

A joke, I hope. A funny one, definitely not.

You can read it up . The best description of the ancestor of whales is that its a cow-like creature - terrestrial and four legged and whales are related to hippos

Did you even go through the article?

Nope . Have you gone through the bible before ?

2 Likes

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
johnydon22:
k

What does your signature mean ?
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God has been , is , will be the answer .
What is GOD?

KingEbukasBlog:

Evolution assumes life developed from the simplest of forms
An assumption that has been tested quite rigorously over the years. Does it claim to be infallible, to be the truth? No, no such pretensions.

KingEbukasBlog:

Is Steve Jobs the placeholder of our ignorance when we talk of the mind behind apple ?
I know it can be tough sometimes, but don't be silly. When you say Steve Jobs, I'm definitely not thinking of a horse or table. Below is an image of Steve Jobs. There is no ambiguity, no claim that 'Apple devices' are evidence that Steve exists undecided

KingEbukasBlog:

Charles Babbage is the father of computers . Because modern scientists have developed much better computers does not mean we shouldn't applaud Charles for his brilliant ideas . Your phone analogy is just out of place .
Charles Babbage is the father of computers. He made contributions to the field, but you don't see people deifying him or holding him up as the 'KNOW-ALL' of Computer Science. We still regard his ideas as brilliant because they still remain relevant to this very day.
At the initial stages of modern electron theory, it was thought that electrons possessed a positive charge. Later on, this was found out to be incorrect.
My phone analogy is definitely not out of place. The software running your phone has to be regularly updated (refactored code, new features, better performance etc). By your own admission, the authors of the Bible weren't as informed about the world as you are(or even a five year old kid). Why do you keep looking to the past to define your future?

KingEbukasBlog:

There are theistic evolutionists and some have stated that the creation story is allegorical , so I'm not sure the point of the bolded statement
Lol. Of course. Allegories. For those times when the story just doesn't make sense. One day, Jesus' death would also be an allegory.

KingEbukasBlog:

Nope . Have you gone through the bible before ?
Yeah. More views than your blog. tongue

5 Likes

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I've said it so many times , I believe every event in the bible took place at some point by faith . I fully understand and admire the intellectual and spiritual tenability of the bible and I take every written word seriously .

Evolution is a belief and product of some drunk's imagination .

From reproduction , respiration , movement , gender differences physically and otherwise etc - it shows that it serves a purpose and was designed to satisfy that purpose .

Someone said the VJ and cock were finally gotten through trial and error . Meaning at some point the women had cocks and the males had VJ plus how did nature figure out it finally got it right .

Mechanical tools like the bolt and nut are an evidence of a design .

So if you believe in the bible's scientific model (and not some drunk's). Then can you explain how Noah was able to fit all those animals in an ark? Consider that we have 8.7million extant species of animals today, I'm going to be incredibly generous and say that there are only 1 million species of land animals.

How did Noah fit a pair of all the unclean and SEVEN pairs of the clean animals into the boat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

What is GOD?

What is Steve Jobs ?

An assumption that has been tested quite rigorously over the years. Does it claim to be infallible, to be the truth? No, no such pretensions.

So if you know that evolution is a fallible theory , why are you obdurate about its authenticity

I know it can be tough sometimes, but don't be silly. When you say Steve Jobs, I'm definitely not thinking of a horse or table. Below is an image of Steve Jobs. There is no ambiguity, no claim that 'Apple devices' are evidence that Steve exists undecided

Christ has once existed on earth as human and Christ is God .

Charles Babbage is the father of computers. He made contributions to the field, but you don't see people deifying him or holding him up as the 'KNOW-ALL' of Computer Science. We still regard his ideas as brilliant because they still remain relevant to this very day.
At the initial stages of modern electron theory, it was thought that electrons possessed a positive charge. Later on, this was found out to be incorrect.
My phone analogy is definitely not out of place. The software running your phone has to be regularly updated (refactored code, new features, better performance etc). By your own admission, the authors of the Bible weren't as informed about the world as you are(or even a five year old kid). Why do you keep looking to the past to define your future?

Man measures the duration of events using time . Does God employ such methods ? Does he need to update his word ?

Evolutionists claim that the transition from one species to a new one takes place in tiny, incremental changes over millions of years, they acknowledge that we cannot observe the process taking place today. Our lifespans simply are too short to directly observe such a
change. Instead, they say, we have to look at the past—the fossil record that shows the many life-forms that have existed over earth’s history—to find transitions from one species to another.

So sonoflucifer , why are you letting the past define your future ?

Lol. Of course. Allegories. For those times when the story just doesn't make sense. One day, Jesus' death would also be an allegory.

I was just refuting your statement

Yeah. More views than your blog. tongue

My blog has 3.03 million views , so bro that's a really bad joke cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

So if you believe in the bible's scientific model (and not some drunk's). Then can you explain how Noah was able to fit all those animals in an ark? Consider that we have 8.7million extant species of animals today, I'm going to be incredibly generous and say that there are only 1 million species of land animals.

How did Noah fit a pair of all the unclean and SEVEN pairs of the clean animals into the boat?

Oh wise and intelligent one . Don't you think profound scientists and even christians may have debated on this issue amongst themselves OVER THE CENTURIES ? The evidence is all over the internet , you can get enlightened smiley

1 Like

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh wise and intelligent one . Don't you think profound scientists and even christians may have debated on this issue amongst themselves OVER THE CENTURIES ? The evidence is all over the internet , you can get enlightened smiley

The 'evidence' is usually along the lines of we KNOW God did it and we should have faith. Not very scientific if I do say so myself.

Besides, you're not defending your position in any way here, yet you blatantly call evolution a lie. Therefore, I can easily dismiss your argument since you cannot bring any evidence to the table.

Nice talking to you again.
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by biafranbaby(m): 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Niflheim:
I love the way christians spread lies on Nairaland!!! It makes me laugh and say to my self, "SATAN IS A LEARNER"!!!........................................Mention 1 flaw in Evolution, and I will mention a bigger one in your of thinking!!!

Please do not bring Satan into your nonsense.
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

The 'evidence' is usually along the lines of we KNOW God did it and we should have faith. Not very scientific if I do say so myself.

Faith is logical and scientific too . Many have blind faith in natural processes and randomness bringing forth complexity from simple forms . So not very scientific ?

Besides, you're not defending your position in any way here, yet you blatantly call evolution a lie. Therefore, I can easily dismiss your argument since you cannot bring any evidence to the table.

I think bringing the fact the Noah's ark - argument have been debated for centuries to your notice killed your intentions . The Noah's ark argument have been if the flood event actually took place not even if Noah's ark could contain the land animals . Don't forget , some species are extinct wink

]Nice talking to you again.

Well , hello ... again
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by biafranbaby(m): 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

Did you fact-check before coming up with this verdict.

Did you?
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 8:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
biafranbaby:

Did you?
You didn't see me calling anyone a liar.
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Faith is logical and scientific too . Many have blind faith in natural processes and randomness bringing forth complexity from simple forms . So not very scientific ?

Once again, there's good evidence to support such claims.
Aren't we supposed to actually learn something from these debates?

KingEbukasBlog:

I think bringing the fact the Noah's ark - argument have been debated for centuries to your notice killed your intentions . The Noah's ark argument have been if the flood event actually took place not even if Noah's ark could contain the land animals . Don't forget , some species are extinct wink

So exactly are you implying? Some animals aee extinct, that means there were even MORE extant species then? So how was he able to fit so many?

Or are you saying that there were actually fewer animals in the ark and they *gasp* EVOLVED to become the diverse species we have today, in just 4000 years?
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Niflheim(m): 8:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ebuka, you have evidence for Noah's Ark? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!.................http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/30/noahs-ark-hoax-claim-doesnt-deter-believers.html
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
Niflheim:
Ebuka, you have evidence for Noah's Ark? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!.................http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/30/noahs-ark-hoax-claim-doesnt-deter-believers.html

you didn't even read the article grin
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

Once again, there's good evidence to support such claims.
Aren't we supposed to actually learn something from these debates?

Though NASA just released a video explaining what they expect extraterrestrial life to look like - microbes - conspiracy theorist have provided evidence that super-intelligent aliens have been spotted and NASA are obscuring the facts .

And what are their evidences : Ex NASA workers made those claims , videos of flying saucers etc .

So obviously the word 'evidence' is being misused these days .

Summary : There is no such thing as natural processes bringing forth the universe and its constituents into being and you are mistaking assumptions as evidences .

So exactly are you implying? Some animals aee extinct, that means there were even MORE extant species then? So how was he able to fit so many?

Yup ... because the ark was big enough wink

Or are you saying that there were actually fewer animals in the ark and they *gasp* EVOLVED to become the diverse species we have today, in just 4000 years?

Then its settled you agree God exists and used evolution as a tool in creation . You are a theistic evolutionist ... good for you bro ... cool stuff
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Though NASA just released a video explaining what they expect extraterrestrial life to look like - microbes - conspiracy theorist have provided evidence that super-intelligent aliens have been spotted and NASA are obscuring the facts .

And what are their evidences : Ex NASA workers made those claims , videos of flying saucers etc .

So obviously the word 'evidence' is being misused these days .

Summary : There is no such thing as natural processes bringing forth the universe and its constituents into being and you are mistaking assumptions as evidences .

I know you that empirical evidence is different from anecdotal evidence and that all scientific theories rely on the former.

KingEbukasBlog:

Yup ... because the ark was big enough wink

Maths Time!

The Ark's dimensions were at least 135 meters long (300 cubits), 22.5 meters wide (50 cubits), and 13.5 meters high (30 cubits). That's 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high!

That's about 41,006 cubic metres or 1,518,750 cubic ft.

After some research, I found that the average land animal is about the size of a sheep.

Av. length of sheep: 1.3m
Let's assume that the av. height is half the length: 0.65m
Let's assume that the av. width is a quarter of the height: 0.1625m
Vol. of average land animal: 1.3 x 0.65 x 0.1625
= 0.12675 cubic metres

I already shot myself in the foot and stated that we have 1 million land animal species (when in actuality, we have about 6 million). But I'll use 1 million.
Now, let's assume that 40% of all land animals are clean (a gross over-estimation, considering that only ruminant mammals with parted hooves are considered clean). God told Noah to take 7 pairs:

Vol. of clean animals: 0.12675 x 400,000 x 7
= 354,900 cubic metres
Now we've already far exceeded the ark's volume.

Vol. of unclean animals: 0.12675 x 600,000 x 2
= 151,200 cubic metres.

Vol. of all the animals: 354,900 + 151,200
= 506,100 cubic metres

Obviously, we can see that this isn't viable. And remember, I grossly underestimated the number of land animal species we have and the number of 'clean' animals we have. I also failed to take into account living space for the animals to survive for 150 days aboard the ark (in my model animals are stacked together and living space completely neglected).

This also doesn't take into account food supplies needed, living space for the humans and stuff like that.

This is just a rough under-estimation and shouldn't be taken as raw fact. I just used this to give a rough picture of magnitudes of the variables involved in the story. Once again, it is grossly under-estimated.

KingEbukasBlog:

Then its settled you agree God exists and used evolution as a tool in creation . You are a theistic evolutionist ... good for you bro ... cool stuff

You can't tell me what I believe. I don't believe in your creation myths or stuff like that.
I don't believe in any god by default but think there's a small possibility that a god can exist, therefore I am open to review my beliefs as evidence comes my why. That is why I identify as an agnostic atheist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
[size=2pt]
CoolUsername:

I know you that empirical evidence is different from anecdotal evidence and that all scientific theories rely on the former.

Maths Time!

The Ark's dimensions were at least 135 meters long (300 cubits), 22.5 meters wide (50 cubits), and 13.5 meters high (30 cubits). That's 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high!

That's about 41,006 cubic metres or 1,518,750 cubic ft.

After some research, I found that the average land animal is about the size of a sheep.

Av. length of sheep: 1.3m
Let's assume that the av. height is half the length: 0.65m
Let's assume that the av. width is a quarter of the height: 0.1625m
Vol. of average land animal: 1.3 x 0.65 x 0.1625
= 0.12675 cubic metres

I already shot myself in the foot and stated that we have 1 million land animal species (when in actuality, we have about 6 million). But I'll use 1 million.
Now, let's assume that 40% of all land animals are clean (a gross over-estimation, considering that only ruminant mammals with parted hooves are considered clean). God told Noah to take 7 pairs:

Vol. of clean animals: 0.12675 x 400,000 x 7
= 354,900 cubic metres
Now we've already far exceeded the ark's volume.

Vol. of unclean animals: 0.12675 x 600,000 x 2
= 151,200 cubic metres.

Vol. of all the animals: 354,900 + 151,200
= 506,100 cubic metres

Obviously, we can see that this isn't viable. And remember, I grossly underestimated the number of land animal species we have and the number of 'clean' animals we have. I also failed to take into account living space for the animals to survive for 150 days aboard the ark (in my model animals are stacked together and living space completely neglected).

This also doesn't take into account food supplies needed, living space for the humans and stuff like that.

This is just a rough under-estimation and shouldn't be taken as raw fact. I just used this to give a rough picture of magnitudes of the variables involved in the story. Once again, it is grossly under-estimated.

You can't tell me what I believe. I don't believe in your creation myths or stuff like that.
I don't believe in any god by default but think there's a small possibility that a god can exist, therefore I am open to review my beliefs as evidence comes my why. That is why I identify as an agnostic atheist.
[/size]

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

This article took care of your questions
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 11:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
[size=2pt][/size]

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

This article took care of your questions

Not really, you clearly stated that the ark was big enough to accommodate all the species of land animals we have.

But what this article is saying is that instead of species, the bible meant 'created kinds'.
With the number of animals stated (about 50,000) this classification should equate to something like 'Family' or 'Order'.

Going by this, that means that this model requires evolution of these 'created kinds' to the variety we have today in just 4,000 years.

So, from 50,000 'created kinds' to 1 million (still underestimating here) in 4,000 years should equate to

(1,000,000-50,000)/4,000
= 237.5 new species each year.

237.5/365
= approx. 0.65 new species every single day.

Sorry, dude but we don't discover new species en masse like that (and remember that I'm still underestimating).

So, I can say that this scientific model is hopelessly flawed.

People use the Cambrian Explosion as a case against evolution considering that it happened within a time span of 20 million years. Isn't it disingenuous to say that all these species evolved in 4,000 years?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
CoolUsername:

Not really, you clearly stated that the ark was big enough to accommodate all the species of land animals we have.

But what this article is saying is that instead of species, the bible meant 'created kinds'.
With the number of animals stated (about 50,000) this classification should equate to something like 'Family' or 'Order'.

Going by this, that means that this model requires evolution of these 'created kinds' to the variety we have today in just 4,000 years.

So, from 50,000 'created kinds' to 1 million (still underestimating here) in 4,000 years should equate to

(1,000,000-50,000)/4,000
= 237.5 new species each year.

237.5/365
= approx. 0.65 new species every single day.

Sorry, dude but we don't discover new species en masse like that (and remember that I'm still underestimating).

So, I can say that this scientific model is hopelessly flawed.

People use the Cambrian Explosion as a case against evolution considering that it happened within a time span of 20 million years. Isn't it disingenuous to say that all these species evolved in 4,000 years?

I dont want to deviate from the bible but some animals may have done a "Turbal-cain " during the flood event .

And the use of evolution BS - creation of new species - to refute a biblical story is asinine
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by winner01(m): 11:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I dont want to deviate from the bible but some animals may have done a "Turbal-cain " during the flood event .

And you use of evolution BS - creation of new species - to refute a biblical story is asinine
https://www.nairaland.com/2917639/much-better-explanation-evolution-2#42689254

1 Like

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And the use of evolution BS - creation of new species - to refute a biblical story is asinine

Uh, not really, what that article is telling us is that animals evolved extremely quickly (mire than a new specie every 2 days!). That is impossible, factoring in gestation periods , your nbasically telling me that animals were giving birth to completely new species in each generation.

It doesn't add up.
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:54am On Feb 07, 2016
CoolUsername:

Uh, not really, what that article is telling us is that animals evolved extremely quickly (mire than a new specie every 2 days!). That is impossible, factoring in gestation periods , your nbasically telling me that animals were giving birth to completely new species in each generation.

It doesn't add up.

Where in the article did you see that evolution took place extremely quickly . Are you sure you read the right article ?
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by CoolUsername: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Where in the article that evolution took place extremely quickly . Are you sure you read the right article ?

The article postulates that Noah put 50,000 land animals into the ark.

Now, scientists know we have about 6 million land animal species. But I used only 1 million in my calculations.

We know that this event took place about 4,000 years ago.

By inference, we can see tha 50,000 species became 1 million in 4,000 years.

My calculations gave me about 237.5 new species each year and 0.65 new species per day.

We have never observed an animal giving birth to a new specie.

Therefore, this scientific model is wrong.

2 Likes

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What is Steve Jobs ?
Not gonna play the silly game with you. Is GOD human? There's more evidence for Steve Jobs than God. Steve Job's influence in the world of technology isn't up for debate or faith.

KingEbukasBlog:

So if you know that evolution is a fallible theory , why are you obdurate about its authenticity
Lol. Now the accusations begin.

KingEbukasBlog:

Christ has once existed on earth as human and Christ is God .
Yes, I just have to accept this, because you said so. IT doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It just is. LOL.

Reminds me of a kid who believed there were witches in his cupboard. It didn't matter what anyone else told him. He believed witches held meeting in his cupboard every midnight.

KingEbukasBlog:

Man measures the duration of events using time . Does God employ such methods ? Does he need to update his word ?
Again, Ebuka, your God is not the only one laying claim to creation of the universe. You have never met GOD, have no evidence of him, have no idea how he works or what he does. You don't know GOD. You only have an idea of GOD that you hold onto. There's no evidence for this GOD. There's no evidence that he is relevant in today's world. The Bible, no matter how you twist it, remains a product of minds that weren't as educated as yours.

KingEbukasBlog:

Evolutionists......
So sonoflucifer , why are you letting the past define your future ?
Stop conflating issues. When we study evolution, it is to understand our origin/history, not define our future. That's why new information influences old hypothesis.

KingEbukasBlog:

My blog has 3.03 million views , so bro that's a really bad joke cool
Congrats. Well done.

KingEbukasBlog:

Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:57am On Feb 07, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Not gonna play the silly game with you. Is GOD human? There's more evidence for Steve Jobs than God. Steve Job's influence in the world of technology isn't up for debate or faith.

You obviously know who God is , so why did you ask me that question the first time undecided

Lol. Now the accusations begin.

Again . You made statements and I made my refutations

Yes, I just have to accept this, because you said so. IT doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It just is. LOL.

Reminds me of a kid who believed there were witches in his cupboard. It didn't matter what anyone else told him. He believed witches held meeting in his cupboard every midnight.

Reminds me of people who believe nature made itself outta nothing not minding if its sounds ludicrous or not

Again, Ebuka, your God is not the only one laying claim to creation of the universe. You have never met GOD, have no evidence of him, have no idea how he works or what he does. You don't know GOD. You only have an idea of GOD that you hold onto. There's no evidence for this GOD. There's no evidence that he is relevant in today's world. The Bible, no matter how you twist it, remains a product of minds that weren't as educated as yours.

Please speak for yourself . Because you are wallowing in ignorance does not mean you'd draw anyone into it . I have a relationship with God .

Stop conflating issues. When we study evolution, it is to understand our origin/history, not define our future. That's why new information influences old hypothesis.

But you clearly said evolution does not deal with origin . Anyway , let me save you the embarrassment from the derision you'd get from defending scientific myths
Re: A Much Needed Explanation of Evolution by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

. I have a relationship with God .
I have one with the Devil, and he has been good to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. / What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian / IAmSabrina : Please Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.