Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) (26327 Views)

Ghanaian Students Attack Teachers For Not Allowing Them Cheat In WASSCE / Fetish Items Found In Front Of MAPOLY School Gate As Lecturers Protest. Photos / Dangote Truck And Properties Burnt As Kogi-poly Stage Protest - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by dainformant(m): 5:40am On Feb 06, 2016
There was pandemonium in Osun state on Thursday after some secondary school pupils in Osun State staged a violent protest against the decision of the state government to stop the payment of the West African Senior School Certification Examinations fees.

Hundreds of students trooped out in Ile-Ife to protest the new policy and some of them reportedly attacked some motorists while some of them vandalised property belonging to Orisun FM, a radio station owned by the state government.

Due to the financial crisis facing the state, the state government decided to scale down the number of pupils whose fees would be paid this year. This was said to have made the government announce that it would not pay the WASSCE fees of any pupil who failed to have four credits in the mock-examinations.

The pupils were said to have vented their anger on the radio station and vandalised some cars parked on the premises before they left.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/horrible-photos-as-irate-students.html

2 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by dainformant(m): 5:40am On Feb 06, 2016
more

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by skelewu404(m): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2016
I see
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Xposer: 5:47am On Feb 06, 2016
dis is very bad

5 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by CastedDude: 5:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Osun state in trouble, everything is just not okay there -starting with the governor

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Firefire(m): 6:00am On Feb 06, 2016
angry

This is a barbaric act, the students must be severely dealt with.

Eru iranu wo le le yi ? angry

If the government decides to scale down the payment of WASSCE fees with the introduction of some restriction on you having a minimum of 4 credits, what stopped you from facing your studies to have the minimum requirement?

I condemn this attitude in highest term.

Aregbesola, you must not only punish the pupils, their parents must pay for this destruction. Nonsensical nonsense. angry

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by pet4ril(f): 6:02am On Feb 06, 2016
Huhhhh? angry
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by dubemnaija: 6:04am On Feb 06, 2016
Small children Fa?

APC and their governors are all jokers

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by lordcornel(m): 6:15am On Feb 06, 2016
This is not good at all, they should not have resorted to this, the best they can do is to study hard and make sure they get the required 4credits...

Nawa ooo these students shaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Like governor like students..

4 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by dainformant(m): 6:18am On Feb 06, 2016
u spoke my mind...the students need to feel the weight of their atrocities
Firefire:
angry

This is a barbaric act, the students must be severely dealt with.

Eru iranu wo le le yi ? angry

If the government decides to scale down the payment of WASSCE fees with the introduction of some restriction on you having a minimum of 4 credits, what stopped you from facing your studies to have the minimum requirement?

I condemn this attitude in highest term.

Aregbesola, you must not only punish the pupils, their parents must pay for this destruction. Nonsensical nonsense. angry

8 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by temitemi1(m): 6:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Osun state grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by boman2014: 6:36am On Feb 06, 2016
very wrong of them to do such
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by PaulJohn1: 6:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Those involved if known should be expelled and barred from other gov. schools in the state, for at least a year.

Untrained and lazy kids.

The state gov need to increase the min. credits from 4 to about 6 or 7 credits before any candidate is qualified for any sponsorship.
I don't see how a student with 4 credits in mock-exam is going to have the min. requirement of 5 credits to gain admission into a uni. in waec or neco.

Students that can't convince the gov of good grads in the ssce exams don't deserve to be sponsored. No amount should be wasted.

21 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by ibagbea: 6:49am On Feb 06, 2016
Leaders of tommorow or looters of tommorow? grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by OluwaFifehanmi: 6:59am On Feb 06, 2016
IMO am nt in support of violent protest bt if u hear d other side of d story d student were right. The student failed all because dia was a 4month old strike last yr.Wen dey call off d strike d student were nt taught properly all because dey are collecting half salary.The teachers even confessed to d parent wen dey called P.T.A. Meeting.Whose fault is dis?WASSCE is nw close and d governor jst realised dat some of d student failed.You said dey failed ur exam u shuld av told dem earliar dis yr so to knw hw dey will pay 4 d exam b4 it closed.d governor nw said dey shuld bring #14,500 on Monday to register Habaaa.....On d part of d radio station dey went dia to air dia protest to d ppl and Aregbe bt instead dey held 3 of d student hostage and called police station wen oda student outside d premise heard dis,dey started throwing stones and destroy property.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by raker300: 7:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Osun state is governed by a demon

Why won't osun state pay corpers? My friend did his whole nysc dere and got paid for only 2 months.

Why hasn't efcc arrested this man for stealing the corper's money?

They said he hasn't paid his staff but they're not complaining..these corpers are foreigners, they came from far places to work for osun people

Obiano said "I don't think I can sleep knowing I have not paid my people's salary...knowing they're starving because of me"

Why do some people still praise this man?

James 5:4
New International Version:
"Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty"

Deu 24:15
"Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin"

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by GworoChewinMaga: 7:01am On Feb 06, 2016
Tajudeens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by oyiza75(m): 7:11am On Feb 06, 2016
d govt should make d student to pay d cost of damage
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Xposer: 7:20am On Feb 06, 2016
so u are in support of what the students did abii.. u sure say u no follow?
raker300:
Osun state is governed by a demon

Why won't osun state pay corpers? My friend did his whole nysc dere and got paid for only 2 months.

Why hasn't efcc arrested this man for stealing the corper's money?

They said he hasn't paid his staff but they're not complaining..these corpers are foreigners, they came from far places to work for osun people

Obiano said "I don't think I can sleep knowing I have not paid my people's salary...knowing they're starving because of me"

Why do some people still praise this man?

James 5:4
"Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty"

Deu 24:15
"Pay them their wages each day before sunset, because they are poor and are counting on it. Otherwise they may cry to the LORD against you, and you will be guilty of sin"

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by eleko1: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Awonn olodo Omo jatijati.Thank God,no police @ sight,e for bi anoda tales.I pity the innocent among the useless peeps
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by brunofarad(m): 7:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Clowns

Clowns on the loose....
grin

2 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by eleojo23: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Touts in the making

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2016
At this age they have learnt to be violent. What will happen when they get to the university? Its like we have a culture of violence.

4 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:25am On Feb 06, 2016
End time protest..... Those students were high on Osogbo weed

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by shaddoww: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2016
The greatest problem of our society dis days is d degeneration of family values n lack of parental training. Parents av neglected their major responsibilities of bringing up their children in a proper way instead they give excuses dat dey are busy looking for money forgetting dat "omo ti a ko ko ni yio gbe Ile ti a ko ta". This children came from different homes n the government must make them face d consequences of their actions n also expell them from that school. We need to deal with dem now dat dey are young before dey start demanding for sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by RichYoungNigga: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Turn to your neighbor and ask him/her.

"Have you blamed Goodluck Jonathan today" ??

5 Likes

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by mitchyy(f): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2016
OluwaFifehanmi:
IMO am nt in support of violent protest bt if u hear d other side of d story d student were right. The student failed all because dia was a 4month old strike last yr.Wen dey call off d strike d student were nt taught properly all because dey are collecting half salary.The teachers even confessed to d parent wen dey called P.T.A. Meeting.Whose fault is dis?WASSCE is nw close and d governor jst realised dat some of d student failed.You said dey failed ur exam u shuld av told dem earliar dis yr so to knw hw dey will pay 4 d exam b4 it closed.d governor nw said dey shuld bring #14,500 on Monday to register Habaaa.....On d part of d radio station dey went dia to air dia protest to d ppl and Aregbe bt instead dey held 3 of d student hostage and called police station wen oda student outside d premise heard dis,dey started throwing stones and destroy property.

Thanks for sharing the other side of the story. Its actually enough to get the student angry and upset. That was very inconsiderate. I can imagine some that will miss gaining admission into the university this year because of this terrible decision
But violence is never the answer, especially looking at how young they are. What happens if later in life their university upsets them? They will burn houses?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by macaranta(m): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Secondary school ??Hmm if these ones enter uni na to burn VC office and VC join.

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by chichriso: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2016
I support those students

1 Like

Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by neweraomo: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Thugs going to school
Re: Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos) by Mopolchi: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2016
mumu people. na APC changi cause am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother & Son Bag MSc From UNILAG (Photo) / Students Pour Paint On Two UNIZIK Graduates (Photos) / Warriboy Graduated With Distinction In Masters In I.T Indiana USA (pics)(vids)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.