Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? (1430 Views)

We Are Now Free From Tinubu: Tayo Alasoadura / We Are Now Free From Tinubu -- Omotayo Alasoadura / Finally, Dino Melaye Frees South West From Tinubu's Chokehold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by GworoChewinMaga: 7:22am On Feb 06, 2016
Obasanjo has become unusually over hyper active within the SW political scene since Buhari was sworn in.

It seems that Obasanjo (who has become a Buhari apologist) is making his presence felt more than Tinubu.

While Tinubu hardly comments on National issues, Obadanjo has become a sort of Presidential spokesman in the SW who relies on condemning the past govt of GEJ to get attention and the PDP ,which he led for 8yrs!

Obasanjo is obviously moving in to take over SW politics within the APC fold.

His postrating for a monarch is very unusual and shows that the man wants to be identified as a yoruba leader, a title he blatantly refused when he was both head of state and president. Recall Obasanjo told a delegation of Yoruba socio-political leaders that he was a General of the Nigerian Army and President of Nigeria and not the Yoruba nation back when he was head of state and President.

Obasanjo's latest show of shame is a desperate act to remain relevant and is also an indication of the widening cracks between Tinubu and Buhari which Obasanjo wants to capitalise on.
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by babyfaceafrica: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2016
Lienus ...kwontinue

3 Likes

Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by skedy1(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Their business...
Am outta the house already,heading for my hustle!
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by GworoChewinMaga: 7:32am On Feb 06, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Lienus ...kwontinue

Ignoramus, good morning
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by Arch1: 7:33am On Feb 06, 2016
Olusegun Obasanjo was a former Head of State and Civilian President of Nigeria. Bola Tinubu was a Former Governor. Both are Yorubas and Political titans in the South West nay Nigeria.

Worry less about them. Your concern should be about Nnamdi Kanu, the greatest man in Igboland who is currently incarcerated in an under ground dungeon at Kuje prison, eating watery beans and awaiting a death sentence

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by ikaboy: 7:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Guy u yeye.

Arch1:
Olusegun Obasanjo was a former Head of State and Civilian President of Nigeria. Bola Tinubu was a Former Governor. Both are Yorubas and Political titans in the South West nay Nigeria.

Worry less about them. Your concern should be about Nnamdi Kanu, the greatest man in Igboland who is currently incarcerated in an under ground dungeon at Kuje prison, eating watery beans and awaiting a death sentence
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by opalu: 7:59am On Feb 06, 2016
To take over political structure is not by post rating before Ooni.
It is far heavier than that.
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by prixm: 8:07am On Feb 06, 2016
The Yorubas know their leader, certainly it is not Obasanjo. The only reason the man was able to win his ward for APC in the election was because he aligned with the people. Until now, he has no special interest in the progress of the Yoruba people. Except he has changed, what we remember is that he has worked against the interest of the Yoruba people on more than one occasion. For example, he worked against Awolowo in 1979 elections, worked against MKO in 1993, held back Lagos State allocation for so many years when he was president not minding the crippling effect of his action on the people. A few people claimed that he (Obasanjo) is passionate about Nigeria, I believe differently, I believe Obasanjo is passionate about a Nigeria where he is either the president/leader or the one controlling the president/leader.

4 Likes

Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by blazer234: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:
Obasanjo has become unusually over hyper active within the SW political scene since Buhari was sworn in.

It seems that Obasanjo (who has become a Buhari apologist) is making his presence felt more than Tinubu.

While Tinubu hardly comments on National issues, Obadanjo has become a sort of Presidential spokesman in the SW who relies on condemning the past govt of GEJ to get attention and the PDP ,which he led for 8yrs!

Obasanjo is obviously moving in to take over SW politics within the APC fold.

His postrating for a monarch is very unusual and shows that the man wants to be identified as a yoruba leader, a title he blatantly refused when he was both head of state and president. Recall Obasanjo told a delegation of Yoruba socio-political leaders that he was a General of the Nigerian Army and President of Nigeria and not the Yoruba nation back when he was head of state and President.

Obasanjo's latest show of shame is a desperate act to remain relevant and is also an indication of the widening cracks between Tinubu and Buhari which Obasanjo wants to capitalise on.

I can see you, Mr. Tinubu Apologist. Why didn't your tinubu use his head when ooni went to visit him that he should prostrate for ooni? If obasanjo's intention is to take over, believe me nothing can stop him.

And for your information, obj isn't buhari's apologist. It is like you forgot this same obj condemned buhari's policies few days ago.

1 Like

Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by orisa37: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2016
There's nothing wrong with his moves. It's the right steps for now. Anyoku is doing same thing for the SE. These two very responsible men are setting standards for our Country. I only hope that the selfish ones in those zones will be reasonable.
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by GworoChewinMaga: 9:04am On Feb 06, 2016
Obasanjo is politically irrelevant on the national level.

I believe he is desperately trying to restart a political base from the SW
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by GworoChewinMaga: 9:07am On Feb 06, 2016
blazer234:

I can see you, Mr. Tinubu Apologist. Why didn't your tinubu use his head when ooni went to visit him that he should prostrate for ooni? If obasanjo's intention is to take over, believe me nothing can stop him.

And for your information, obj isn't buhari's apologist. It is like you forgot this same obj condemned buhari's policies few days ago.

I am not a fan of Tinubu
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by Toosure70: 9:09am On Feb 06, 2016
IPAD headache.

1 Like

Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:12am On Feb 06, 2016
When a betrayer is betrayed, it is called Tinoba. Let the fight begins, aleast it will afford us opportunity to know who stole what. Obj will expose Tinubu's loots and vice versa. I see Tinubu being declared the winner at the end of this fight.
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2016
We are know that PA Obasanjo is a talker. Tinubu just doesn't yarn - he takes his time to access and comment. As an ex-president, Obasanjo is always the leader from SW, a president who failed woefully to end the mere governor of Lagos- the Jagaban of Bogu.
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 06, 2016
Arch1:

...you are too sure of Kanu's death sentence....
Re: Is Obasanjo Trying To Take Over SW Political Leadership From Tinubu? by hitleraldof(m): 11:09am On Feb 06, 2016
Arch1:

nnamdi kanu is a relative nobody in southeast....late 2015 I had to goggle him becus I knew basically nothing about him.......imagine if a relatively Igbo unknown could put Nigeria on her hunches imagine what will happen if a real titan is treated that way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why The Nigerian Nuclear Project Should Not Takeoff / This Not Europe Or USA,Checkout The Amazing Photos Of Kajuru Castle,Kaduna State / banning Fulani Herdsmen will lead to other big things – Ango Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.