Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki (22930 Views)

Court Tells Saraki To Face Trial / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP / APC Crisis: Buhari Meets With Lawan Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by ibedun: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
chukwudi44:

unfortunately for the Lawan group,they still don't have the numbers to elect a new senate president even if Saraki suddenly drops dead now

This slowpoke is still alive?
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by sukkot: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ageco:
As much as I hate corruption Saraki has to remain the SP until proven other wise by the laws of the land. The executive instituted the suit against him because he emerged as SP against the party wish.
just negodu angry
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by Emma1Oj(m): 6:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

It doesn't work like that! If he resigns or is impeached, the Clerk of the Senate will be led to declare the position Vacant. And then, a new Senate President Is elected...that is the Law!!
Babe you go school wella. thanks for these sound explanations.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by TijaniAbu: 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Saraki is innocent. Even that Dwarf El Rufai knows it hence El Rufai quickly and surreptitiously removing himself from the list of fake witnesses earlier announced by Rotimi Jacobs at CCT.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by Emma1Oj(m): 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
engroluyede:

Because doesn't belong to Tinubu caucus! So they will do all it take, Tinubu lost out of ministers, senate and house of rep. What else do you think.
I don't subscrib to your opinion. pls leave Tinubu aside. let's do with moral, saraki met loyalist in APC that shld occupy dat sit not him. abi how can u entrust your personnels to one friend that force himself on you immediately u won a jockpot.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by litetias(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
It's all a game to them, these stúpid politicians.
The livelihoods of more than 160 Nigerians is in their hands and all they do instead is pursue their selfish interest.
Government is about using the power and resources of The People to enrich and empower The Few
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by chloee(f): 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
donphilopus:

Why will Ekweremadu takeover? Is it a joint ticket? Saraki contested as Saraki while Ekweremadu contested as Ekweremadu. There's no room for any joint ticket. So if the (Senate) President is impeached, dies or resigns, another Election is always the way out.
it s shame that you mentioned joint ticket in this occasion. The joint ticket case I Kogi state, how did your One chance party handle it?
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by donphilopus: 8:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
chloee:
it s shame that you mentioned joint ticket in this occasion. The joint ticket case I Kogi state, how did your One chance party handle it?

Was the Election concluded before the death of Audu? If Faleke can go to Court and tells them that there shouldn't have been any need for Supplementary Polls because it was conclusive, then the Court order his swearing-in. Had Audu been declared the winner before he died? If NO, why all the rants? Anyway, I believe if he pursues the case well, he might be sworn in as the Governor.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by Tequilah: 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
adeaks:
Na wa o.

The supreme court only ruled on the ability of the code of conduct tribunal to try him. How can the supreme court indirectly indict him when full trial has not even started in the CCT and the prosecution has not opened its case. undecided

I don talk say I no go laugh today, wink but this response was just too classic....hehe...haha!!! grin I am bookmarking it for future reference! cheesy
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
orakao8:
keep dreaming

Prove your case or go and sleep.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by JosephsDestiny: 1:04am On Feb 07, 2016
Nobleking2000:
I know apc has 69 senators wheras pdp has 40 senators so among those 69 apc senators there is a divided camp saraki group and lawan group so if a fresh election is to be held between the two groups the saraki group will win because they have the backing of 40 pdp senators.
So who told you the 40 PDP Senators are all solidly behind Saraki? You're a naive and funny analyst.
Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by teskie: 5:24am On Feb 07, 2016
That's an apt description of who he his.

Psalm18:
I agree.
Saraki is anti people. He was brought up in a household where his father gave people fish and not how to fish.
The oloye would rather people come and pay respects every Friday and eat amala

Saraki Jnr grew up in this environment and cannot change at his age. He left kwara state poorer than he met it.
He ia supposed to be in jail.for running sgb bank aground.
He as chairman of the Governor forum started the agitation with Ibori that a culture of selecting Presidents from within the governora circle. Obj to his credit shot this proposal down.

As Senate President Saraki will protect the interests of the elites and not the masses. He scoffs at the masses. It's not his fault entirely he just does not know any better.
We must join hands with people of good minds to send him to the floor, he is already mooting the idea of SENATORS ENJOYING IMMUNITY. Imagine!!
Everything about Saraki is elitists. He has to go for the President ideas to work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Step Aside Now, Lawan Group Tells Saraki by sunjongs(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2016
If the Apc cant cooperate with Saraki, there shouldn't be surprise if pdp takes over if they go ahead with their fighting to remove their own. WeLoveSaraki

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed As Army Thwart Attack On IDP Camp In Dikwa / Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? / 2019 Election Server: INEC Denies Resignation Of ICT Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.