Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,598 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

#lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) (26391 Views)

Stephen Kiprotich Wins Lagos City Marathon 2018 (Photo, Video) / Asisat Oshoala Wins Glo CAF Women Footballer Of The Year 2016(photos) / Prince Kennedy Is WPF, World Power Lifting Champion 2016. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 06, 2016
adioolayi:

Ask hoteliers.. restaurants...and boutiques
lol..so buying snacks, pure water, and all these petty stuffs improves the economy?

tell me more..
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by wharley01(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Na be that kenyan man :p
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2016
With the way these guys win marathons, the words 'Kenyan' and 'marathon' may soon become synonymous. Congrats to him.

3 Likes

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Aspireahead(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2016
Gyang is a Ghanian...unless he is from Plateau state

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by adioolayi(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2016
Sunnypar:

Yes, tourism but were the citizens take into consideration. I bet you are not on the road to see the massive traffic. We are still puttimg round pegs in square holes. If we have four five bridges it would be a good thing to do.
Adequate information was disseminated to the public to use alternative routes...Anywhere in the world hosting marathon faces this peculiar challenge...you can't host marathon without experiencing bad traffic

4 Likes

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Adonis3: 10:53am On Feb 06, 2016
J

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by banmee(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:
now somebody with better experience should tell me how this competition has improved Nigeria's economy.

Potential tourism and foreign exchange.

4 Likes

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by grandstar(m): 10:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Though they are ugly grin but they are known for that. It is their talent,even winning on Nigeria soil

Naija only get mouth,very lazy set of people tongue
Before you start abusing,not every Naija o but 95% tongue wink grin

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't call anyone ugly ( Eccl 3:11(

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by kYjelly2: 10:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Sunnypar:

Yes, tourism but were the citizens take into consideration. I bet you are not on the road to see the massive traffic. We are still puttimg round pegs in square holes. If we have four five bridges it would be a good thing to do.

I feel u brah!!

big led signs should have been mounted on roads at least a week b4, indicating that the roads will be closed on a certain date and at a certain time.

I was caught of guard as well and had to battle through traffic, using GPS to find even the most hidden "koro" to use to escape the madness.

however, it's a good initiative, hopefully they'll learn and be better next year.

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by adioolayi(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:
lol..so buying snacks, pure water, and all these petty stuffs improves the economy?

tell me more..
ehn ehn...are you saying they are not contributing to the economy

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by grandstar(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:
now somebody with better experience should tell me how this competition has improved Nigeria's economy.

It will bring awareness to the country. The country will be known by long distance runners all over the world
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by MEILYN(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Though they are ugly grin but they are known for that. It is their talent,even winning on Nigeria soil

Your first sentence should be a joke....
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by kYjelly2: 10:58am On Feb 06, 2016
adioolayi:

Adequate information was disseminated to the public to use alternative routes...Anywhere in the world hosting marathon faces this peculiar challenge...you can't host marathon without experiencing bad traffic

I don't think adequate info was provided

big led signs should be used next time or even regular signs would suffice, like so-

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by krysTein(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2016
cry on point bro

starwar:
And winners of debates/interschool competitions will go home will hand shakes and alot of useless textbook.......
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by kingDELE(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2016
joey150:
So that guy don win that dollars..nawa oh...that na some people 5years salary oh...

Enjoy.. I dey regret why i no sing song or play ball or do sports..
lol. many are doing dat bt are not financially O.K
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by linkin8k(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:

tell me more..

Hotels were used, food was sold in restaurants, and most likely drink were bought in bars.

Economy is improved by these kind of activities even if it's just for a day or two.

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by starwar(m): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2016
krysTein:
cry on point bro
just too annoying

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 11:10am On Feb 06, 2016
dis game need to b canceled...... it benefit only east Africans dem
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Sunnypar(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2016
krattoss:

tell me more..
It is an international marathon. Athletes across the world would lodge in this hostels, eat their food or go to fast food eatry or Buka, buy sport wears and bottle water company would make a kill this period. Nigerian youth are suppose to be the drivers of the economy but they are the driven...smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by dominique(f): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2016
mrlaw93:
Expected! Kenyans re cheat in marathon.. They should ve being denied access to the competition.

Just like thy cheat in the London, Boston and New York marathon right? Why not just congratulate someone for a well deserved achievement?

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Vongsama(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2016
The name is Abraham KIPTOM
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Sunnypar(m): 11:19am On Feb 06, 2016
adioolayi:

if they face such challenge in other climes, sir, are we too face same challenge? We have environmental days, use such days. Nigerians....... Did you experience the traffic yesterday from Lagos-Ibadan express way?
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by bolivnnaija: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Sunnypar:

Yes, tourism but, were the citizens taken into consideration? . I bet you are not on the road to see the massive traffic. We are still putting round pegs in square holes. If we have four to five bridges it would be a good thing to do.
In other climes where marathon is done, they are eating three square meal a day, proper enlightenment, adequate provisions for first and medically facilities.
Nigeria, we have not eaten to satisfaction, my neighbors entered the competition because of the money involved, the mobile hospital they have for the race, if they channel the money( use in purchasing the mobile clinic) into providing or equipping three hospitals in each LCDA. Police started arresting people as early as 5:00am but it was announced that the race would start by 6:00am.....(Police exploited that means to get money into their pocket.... You see the hunger wey I dey talk). Imagine those that trade. Nigeria..... We have a long way to go.

Where it benefits the citizens are numerous. Aside it's benefit on the hospitality industries, it also gives Nigeria a good image amongs the international community. The resultant effect is that, foreigners will feel comfortable coming to Nigeria to do business. Which the country needs at this time.

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by yusufu16: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2016
$50,000 in 2 hrs which kind business is this

3 Likes

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by joey150(m): 11:37am On Feb 06, 2016
kingDELE:
lol. many are doing dat bt are not financially O.K
true that..but a high earning teacher vs a high earning musician.
A high earning footballer vs a high earning professor. Just check out the wage/salary difference in relative to each other.
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by debulle: 11:39am On Feb 06, 2016
Ussyyn:
More Photo Below
Our politicians and their useless policies,Did the organisers and promoters of this marathon did anything to encourage Nigerian atheltes to train for this race? Why can they invest money where we are good.See how EAst Africans are being enriched while govt still cry for lack of fund.Can govt draw scale of preference and use comparantive economy advantage in their plans.We get to wise up.

2 Likes

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Naff24(f): 11:40am On Feb 06, 2016
Sunnypar:

Yes, tourism but, were the citizens taken into consideration? . I bet you are not on the road to see the massive traffic. We are still putting round pegs in square holes. If we have four to five bridges it would be a good thing to do.
In other climes where marathon is done, they are eating three square meal a day, proper enlightenment, adequate provisions for first and medically facilities.
Nigeria, we have not eaten to satisfaction, my neighbors entered the competition because of the money involved, the mobile hospital they have for the race, if they channel the money( use in purchasing the mobile clinic) into providing or equipping three hospitals in each LCDA. Police started arresting people as early as 5:00am but it was announced that the race would start by 6:00am.....(Police exploited that means to get money into their pocket.... You see the hunger wey I dey talk). Imagine those that trade. Nigeria..... We have a long way to go.
Easier say than done undecided undecided
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by mrjojo: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2016
50, 000$ in just 2hrs,even blood money sef ca't match this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by popcykaylah(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:

aren't you a Nigerian .. wetin you dey do for house?
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Raymee(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
I talk am say na Kenyans go win! Why dem no ban or made it for only naija if na to use am better our lives. I dnt see any sense inviting the owners of marathons wen u wish to better naija lifes seriously.
Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by ipledge10(m): 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Akkord4gov:

thay win everywhere. ..Won New York marathon,won Boston marathon....tell me Someone from another country except Ethiopia that have recently won any international marathon

1 Like

Re: #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) by Akkord4gov: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
ipledge10:
thay win everywhere. ..Won New York marathon,won Boston marathon....tell me Someone from another country except Ethiopia that have recently won any international marathon

Akkord for Naija grin

I can dream ehn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Beckham Wins 2017-18 UEFA President Award (Photos) / Mikel Obi Says That Conte Benched Him At Chelsea Because He Represented Nigeria / Amaechi, Fashola, Ajimobi, Enelamah In China (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.