Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London (2528 Views)

Bayo Omoboriowo Has Not Been Sacked As Buhari's Personal Photographer - Ahmaad / Throwback Photo Of Bayo Omoboriowo, Buhari's Personal Photographer, In 2014 / My Personal Doctors Are in London - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
Following this thread earlier posted on the front page:

ceometromedia:

Buhari had told some Nigerians resident in United Kingdom earlier in the day that his doctors who he has been using since 1978 are based in London.

''The other three times, I came here (London) to see my doctors who I have been using since 1978 when I was in Petroleum.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/my-doctors-are-in-london-buhari.html

If the information above is anything to go by, is it safe to question the integrity of Mr President?

How active can a Doctor who has been in service since 1978 be in 2016?

An average Graduate Doctor should be at least below the age of 30 years. Now add 38 years (2016 - 1978) with 30 years. It means you'd get 68 years.

Can a 68 year old Doctor be allowed to practice in the UK?

Remember, 30 years is the benchmark, which I strongly doubt, as Buhari in 1978 will not allow a graduate Dr. or one with minimal experience handle his medical issues.

------------------

Speculatively, Mr President must have changed his Drs. at least on 2 or more occasions. But why would he want us to believe his statements considering the time gap?

Is the President really interested in his London Drs, or London Hospitals? These are clear issues we need to rationally tackle.

His interest on London Hospitals is a huge slap and a mockery of the much preached CHANGE. If he has changed his 1978 Dr in London, why can't he change that in 2016?

As a Petroleum Minister as far back as 1978, he had huge interests in foreign Hospitals, so why did the APC condemned the likes of Diezani Madueke and Senator Akpabio for showing interest in London Clinics in 2016?

Who is the CHANGE agent? What has CHANGED? What are we CHANGING?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by obasiken: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Maybe he is talking about the hospital in london. Since they have his health history and all. A new hospital will have to start afresh.
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
obasiken:
Maybe he is talking about the hospital in london. Since they have his health history and all. A new hospital will have to start afresh.

So why are we condemning those who engage in foreign medical trips? Histories are transferable, and besides, hospital business is not a secret society, and that's why even the FG can transfer a Doctor from Ebonyi to Kano.

6 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by psucc(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
We have a bigger trouble. Defenders of the indefensible will come and do the needful.

I guess we have more Keyamo than Gain in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
Valid points raised.

4 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by ZombieNation: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Let's put the total cost into perspective.

Travel cost to meet his doctor's appointment

1. Fueling of Boeing 737 Presidential Jet

2. Navigational, ground handling and parking fees.

3. Estacode for both cabin crew, security details and govt officials for 6 days.

4. Medical consultant fees

5. Prescription fees.

6. Salaries and allowances for his redundant Nigerian doctor which are paid by the federal govt.

7. Shopping for members of his entourage which will be done with scare forex.

8. Disgrace to Nigerian medical professionals, establishment and nation at large.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by johnydon22(m): 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
I just want to ask.. what in the world is the need of budgeting billions for the state clinic if they just fly out for medical attentions?

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by arresa: 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
lol @ wailers and ipoD pain, sorrow and lamentation thread...

Losers..

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
arresa:

Losers..

This thread is not for those who cannot think

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by coolscott(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
obasiken:
That is the very reason why they keep the records in the first place. So anybody can attend to the patient and understand what has been going on with him in the first place
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by coolscott(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Acidosis:

If the information above is anything to go by, is it safe to question the integrity of Mr President?

An average Graduate Doctor should be at least below the age of 30 years. Now add 38 years (2016 - 1978) with 30 years. It means you'd get 68 years.

Remember, 30 years is the benchmark, which I strongly doubt, as Buhari in 1978 will not allow a graduate Dr. or one with minimal experience handle his medical issues.

------------------

Speculatively, Mr President must have changed his Drs. at least on 2 or more occasions. But why would he want us to believe his statements considering the time gap?

Is the President really interested in his London Drs, or London Hospitals? These are clear issues we need to rationally tackle.

His interest on London Hospitals is a huge slap and a mockery of the much preached CHANGE. If he has changed his 1978 Dr in London, why can't he change that in 2016?

As a Petroleum Minister as far back as 1978, he had huge interests in foreign Hospitals, so why did the APC condemned the likes of Diezani Madueke and Senator Akpabio for showing interest in London Clinics in 2016?

what is the clinic in Aso Villa for? I understand it is heavily funded.

5 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
coolscott:
what is the clinic in Aso Villa for? I understand it is heavily funded.
I'm equally surprised

3 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

Age is not a barrier in the UK and in many parts of the western world.

As long as that doctor has a valid registered license, they are still able to practice.
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Flexherbal(m): 5:40am On Feb 14, 2016
POliticians
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 5:57am On Feb 14, 2016
Adanna86:

Age is not a barrier in the UK and in many parts of the western world.

As long as that doctor has a valid registered license, they are still able to practice.

Oh really?
That's cool...

2 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

Oh really?
That's cool...

Yes dear, ofcourse they must update and renew that license, to showcase they are still able to practise at the given standard by law.
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2016
Adanna86:

Yes dear, ofcourse they must update and renew that license, to showcase they are still able to practise at the given standard by law.

That's great honestly, I think the only place where one can find older doctors in Nigeria is the private sector. Thanks for the enlightenment dear, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

That's great honestly, I think the only place where one can find older doctors in Nigeria is the private sector. Thanks for the enlightenment dear, thank you.

My pleasure dear, nice post by the way.

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Acidosis(m): 6:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Adanna86:

smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by talktimi(m): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2016
arresa:
[s]lol @ wailers and ipoD pain, sorrow and lamentation thread...

Losers..[/s]
villager, you can exit the thread if you like

2 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by kutchs: 6:42am On Feb 14, 2016
What should be even more worrisome is his admission that he has been using London doctors since 1978 when he was petroleum minister. Isn't it hypocrisy that he and his party condemned Madueke, GEJ et al for doing same?

2 Likes

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by onatisi(m): 6:50am On Feb 14, 2016
Acidosis:

------------------

He said doctors NOTB doctor. There is a difference,one is plural and the other is singular,the doctors may have been passing or transferring his case file from one doctor to another over these years ,so his statement is in order
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 14, 2016
Adanna86:

Did you consider the fact that retirement age and or number of age in service is still enforceable? Just saying !
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:04am On Feb 14, 2016
Coupist still running Nigeria for 50 years and counting as the world develops. Una no dey shame?

Sai Buhari nko?

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by wirinet(m): 7:35am On Feb 14, 2016
PDP/IPOB wailing capacity is beyond belief. They have the ability to wail over any and every issue concerning Buhari. They wail about his wife's wrist watch, they wail about te children's school, they wailing about his personal doctors. So Buhari cannot use doctors he had been using since 1978 because of wailers. The same wailers that have been wishing him dead. They have dashed Buhari all kinds of diseases like cancer, liver problems all sorts of diseases, intact the chief wailer predicts he will die before the swearing in ceremony.

meanwhile when their hero flies into London hospital to cure hangover, they were praisers then. When Akpabio went to the same London to cure sprained ankles, they became defenders then. They did not remind Jonathan to use the well funded aso rock clinic then. They forgot Akpabio built a world class hospital then.

Wailers were initially praisers who transformed to defenders.
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2016
Brugge:

Did you consider the fact that retirement age and or number of age in service is still enforceable? Just saying !

Lolz did you consider a lot of senior workers espec govt and doctors prefer to keep working? In a lot of western societies, they can still practise if they desire too.

Those whom do choose to retire usually can live off their retirement fund, a lot can access that at a certain age and still work.

How do I know? I'm a nurse whom lives in New Zealand and NZ still colonized under England. Our whole parliamental system and laws are the same.
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by sherrylo: 7:41am On Feb 14, 2016
I am sure Buhari wouldn't disapprove of some overseas treatment that was why he appropriated some funds to Dolly(madam nafdac) then when he was the PTF to go to London for her treatment
Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by FlyboyZee: 7:48am On Feb 14, 2016
wirinet:
PDP/IPOB wailing capacity is beyond belief. They have the ability to wail over any and every issue concerning Buhari. They wail about his wife's wrist watch, they wail about te children's school, they wailing about his personal doctors. So Buhari cannot use doctors he had been using since 1978 because of wailers. The same wailers that have been wishing him dead. They have dashed Buhari all kinds of diseases like cancer, liver problems all sorts of diseases, intact the chief wailer predicts he will die before the swearing in ceremony.

meanwhile when their hero flies into London hospital to cure hangover, they were praisers then. When Akpabio went to the same London to cure sprained ankles, they became defenders then. They did not remind Jonathan to use the well funded aso rock clinic then. They forgot Akpabio built a world class hospital then.

Can you please read the topic again? To see if it was referring to either GEJ or Akpabio?

Thank me later...

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by luvinhubby(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2016
arresa:

Losers..

Giggling at the imagination of the quantity of sweat people like you sweat trying to defend this obvious deception to Nigeria called APC's change. grin

Even my forex mallam that had 3 Buhari's almanac in his office is angry with him.

Accept my valentine sympathy . cheesy

1 Like

Re: Issues About Buhari's Personal Doctors In London by WhoRUDeceiving: 7:51am On Feb 14, 2016
wirinet:

LOL "wailers".

(1) (2) (Reply)

$2.1 B Arms Scam: ‘buhari No Longer Comfortable With Dasuki’s Detention / See Where Ohaneze Offered Buhari For Ruga Settlement / Nigerians Accuse France Of Sponsoring Boko Haram In Re-colonization Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.