Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay (38854 Views)

Odion Ighalo And Wife, Sonia Adesuwa Ighalo In Similar Outfits In New Pictures / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by matrix199(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
The voice you heard wasn't God's voice o! God can't tel u to turn down such a money. Have u forgotten philippians 4:19?

Well, I know the offer was made in his dreams. I don't believe it.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Elxandre(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
stanbuggy:
Talking of dream nah cricket u wan go play for China? No be the same futball (your dream).

So u are still playing futball and earning that kind of money!!!

Guy if I swear for u ehhhh! U go leave that useless Watford go hussle beta money for u and your family

#idiot >sad
Money isn't everything!

Relevance is important.

Would you rather be a Messi known all over the world or an unknown player in China?
Drogba is a world icon and is even more influential than any damn player earning incredible money in China.

Never sell out on your dreams.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mazzi: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Jesu!
This is what I keep telling ppl, your talents are going to take you places. Can evn a PROFESSOR earn that in 5 yrs? Once am done with UNI, I'm going into my business full time. Me no get time to dey waka up and down carrying CV begging to be a servant to one dumb expatriate.
Find your talents and key into it. #90 million? WTF!
I love your sense of reasoning. after finishing my NYSC october last year, I have been laying my business plan and gathering money for biz cos biz is what I only know how best to do.the problem is that people will see and conclude that you are lazy without knowing that you know where your destiny lies.#bizpays

3 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by shamecurls(m): 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
hmmmm

I know where this is coming from......

Our mothers in Edo re on his case.....

I hail una o

I just hope the dude will recover in time
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Jesu!
This is what I keep telling ppl, your talents are going to take you places. Can evn a PROFESSOR earn that in 5 yrs? Once am done with UNI, I'm going into my business full time. Me no get time to dey waka up and down carrying CV begging to be a servant to one dumb expatriate.
Find your talents and key into it. #90 million? WTF!
I'm telling u boss. Business is the sure tin.

I also don't want to graduate and start carrying cv upandan. Before i finish my second year, i will have ma bizness on lockdown by d grace of God
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
My kind of man. Money is not everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by GoodGovernance: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ximonak:
208 weeks are in 4 years
208 x 90million = 18 720 000 000 even when he pays half of it as tax, 6 360 000 000
Minus his bonus, sponsor deals, promotions etc

If he doesn't leave huge investments for his 3rd generation, then He needs help

Kindly rework your calculation cool.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by DrayZee: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
Turn down for what?
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by gmaribel(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
One Of The more Intelligent players we have........Odion you will go higher.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by amparas(m): 9:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
Village pple at work cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by bigfather(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
stanbuggy:
Talking of dream nah cricket u wan go play for China? No be the same futball (your dream).

So u are still playing futball and earning that kind of money!!!

Guy if I swear for u ehhhh! U go leave that useless Watford go hussle beta money for u and your family

#idiot angry

You dey mind am. Sounding as if he is going to be a Cleaner there ! Rubbish
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by jumper524(m): 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
dis ighalo dey mad see opportunity u cari throway na prostitution u go do g china na?
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Welldone o Odion..I just pray and hope your village people is not at work! cry

Lolgringringrin
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

Lolgringringrin

Delta-Igbo Yoruba girl

That's fascninating
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by johnson4nosa(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."[/b]

He sounds very intelligent and purpose-driven.

with all the strength in me you are a fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Well, it is same dream you are fulfilling if you continue playing in England or go to China. One thing I am sure of is that Odion Ighalo is eluded with the English football hype. He want to be making news. God help him to remain relevant so that the people that offered him such amount may even increase it in the near future.

Talent is business and no businessman will do what Ighalo just did. You left Nigeria league and went to England because of money and now you are rejecting the money. I just remembered he is not an Igbo man. The club is using him and when they go relegation next season he will be begging to be signed by any club.

China is investing in football business right now, and with time they will take the world by surprise as usual.

WARNING: please if you are not an Igbo man all hope is not lost. You can marry igbo girl and you will never miss opportunity like Odion Ighalo just did. You will depend on her for real advice that involves your future.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
Come sef this football of a thing no hard oh,no be to just kick ball around enter opponent net?

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 9:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Lolgringringrin
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

Delta-Igbo Yoruba girl
That's fascinating
Yeatongue
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by akoladejesu(m): 10:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
I was given more than that by one of d bloggers in Nigeria but I had to turn down such offer to stay put to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by millhouse: 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Tough call
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mikolo80: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
tiamiyukunle69:
It's not just about the money....it's about being relevant and fulfilling purpose
which purpose de for footballer again
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mikolo80: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Psalm18:
China is awash with money right now
But I think it was a good sporting decision. Nobody knows when recession will hit China..

Drogba and Anelka went there for the money and left.
they went at peak of their careers. who go buy or sponsor Nigerian player for oyinbo country. how many endorsement Kanu or okocha get with their talent. I hope his case doesn't end up like Chrisantus
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mikolo80: 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
White007:
Good man, enough is enough with these players selling their souls, Ramires, Texeira, Ba et al could all have had great top flight careers instead went to a fifth rate league to play for nothing more than money, it's their choice of course but I think selling out as they have was ridiculous.
many other careers finish for bench o
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mikolo80: 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
flyca:
"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."

He sounds very intelligent and purpose-driven.
okocha kept Bolton from relegation single handedly. he wasn't even given testimonial match. these clubs no send black man o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by juwoonn(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

And when watford relegates, probably next season, he'll be back to square one if he doesn't get another deal.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by litetias(m): 10:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
adezjamz:
no b 9ja dem born am. if dem born am for pov*rty, e no go reject.....
Na confirmed street boy for Lagos na him u dey say dem no born for naija
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by litetias(m): 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
mikolo80:
which purpose de for footballer again
Guy reason with your brain.
If you're a politician your dream and purpose is to be at the top like president or senator.
If you are a lawyer....... to be a SAN or Supreme court justice.
If you are a footballer..... to play in the Epl, La liga or Serie A and the Uefa Champions league where the top players in the profession play

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by litetias(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:

Yes I agree with you
* what is his purpose of playin football?to appear on tv right? Ok
* if one of the big teams in England offer him quarter of that he should happily run to them right? Ok
*he can be relevant like many players in EPL who we don't even know thier name unless they score a goal right? Ok
What is this one saying sef?
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Slingshotz(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
Igahlo i kno dat feeling "not sleeping for three days"...Loool....its not easy o...

All i have to say is dat he shud have kept dat "God told me" to himself or better still not discuss the decision he made until the pressure has died down significantly... Because people will castigate him

Don't forget the prayer King Solomon (the wisest man in the Bible) prayed that God shud not make him poor so that he will not steal and He shudnt make too rich so that he will not forget God...#Balance #Brave #LearnToKeepCertainThingsASecret
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Abbey2sam(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2016
ednut1:
2018 pray dey come bk for u. Owo ni koko. U no go wan broke like kanu nd babayaro

is Kanu broke
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by litetias(m): 10:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
henrydadon:
money is not every thing...premier league is still the best..where ia yakubu that went to chinese league today?..we hardly hear is name..if you go to the chinese league be ready to say good bye to your career...he made the best decisions Sharp guy
Good point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lewandowski Beats Ronaldo And Messi To 2020 FIFA Best Men's Player Award / Amaju Pinnick Spotted In Qatar Watching Brazil Vs Switzerland, Blasted By Fans / Tennis ATP/WTA: DAVIS CUP 2013 THREAD...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.