Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay (39114 Views)

Odion Ighalo And Wife, Sonia Adesuwa Ighalo In Similar Outfits In New Pictures / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / Odion Ighalo Set New Goal Record In Chinese Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by IBEXY(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
I respect him more for this. Eventually he is making and will make reasonable living in the English league anyway. He is talented.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by CandyDiva: 10:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mehnnn,dude would have bagged over 4.3 billion naira per annum..his decision is a rare one anyway,is he from Mars??..hmmmn undecided

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by ednut1(m): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Abbey2sam:

is Kanu broke
google kanu amcon grin
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by TheAziz: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
this can go either way, he might regret the refusal,
well as ETO'O said, football is all about the money. ighalo should have accepted the deal abi him dey fear natural disaster for china?
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Vick4rill(m): 11:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Jesu!
This is what I keep telling ppl, your talents are going to take you places. Can evn a PROFESSOR earn that in 5 yrs? Once am done with UNI, I'm going into my business full time. Me no get time to dey waka up and down carrying CV begging to be a servant to one dumb expatriate.
Find your talents and key into it. #90 million? WTF!
u can drop out now and strt the bussiness why waste money on something u wont use?:/

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by oluwasegun007(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
God bless you for the decision, tell them to come back when you are about to retire from football....

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by richard870(m): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
flyca:
"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."

He sounds very intelligent and purpose-driven.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Frankicent(m): 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Jesu!
This is what I keep telling ppl, your talents are going to take you places. Can evn a PROFESSOR earn that in 5 yrs? Once am done with UNI, I'm going into my business full time. Me no get time to dey waka up and down carrying CV begging to be a servant to one dumb expatriate.

grin I love your idea. same with me no time to dey carry paper dey beg for v.I or lekki.... By God's grace start earn a bit before I finish from university
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Akposkool(m): 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
What dream is this mumu talking about? Watford wont win any trophy anytime soon. Is football not his dream? You have fulfil your dream of playing in the premier-league so what else? I go for the money anyday. Asamoah gyan is earning so high in the chinese league and is still playing national team football. This ighalo na real odion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by imworld(m): 12:11am On Feb 07, 2016
Dear sir/ma

Good day!
Thinking of where to invest and have your money grow to yield up to 100% returns on investment within a year? Start now investing into SMARTDEAL PROPERTIES. SMARTDEAL is a property investment portfolio of IMMACULATE INEFFABLE INTERNATIONAL – a real estate investment and development company.

SMARTDEAL offers you the opportunity to buy properties at reasonable cost and we resell same for you within 365 days for a GUARANTEED 100% (ROI) returns on investment.

Smartdeal property is purchased on your TITLE, you keep the document, you issue to US a SALES MANDATE, and we SELL for you to earn DOUBLE your investment within 365 days. Smartdeal is a working 365days program that pays you double your investment

Presently, smartdeal offers sales of plots at DUTSEN-ALHADJI, under BWARI district area, FCT, Abuja. Each plot cost #3,000,000. This location is a fast growing and a well planned area for residential purposes. The area is developed amidst business centers, and it is close proximity to schools, churches, banks, malls etc. Just imagine the percentage of your investment in a year’s time.

Smartdeal property is genuine, and waiting to be allocated to you. The advantage you have with US is that buyers are on standby to purchase your smartdeal property double the cost of your investment.

Sign up now for smartdeal Abuja offer at www.immaculateineffable.com or call 08161114279, and you are on your way to earn an amazing 100% returns on your property investment guaranteed.

Do you wish to set up an estate not spending much but earn good residual income that continues as long as you live and beyond,or you just want to invest and earn a one time 100% returns on investment...talk to us,you'l be glad you did. I await your call.

Thank you
BB PIN 2a755a43
Whatsapp 08161114279
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Panzerfaust(m): 12:22am On Feb 07, 2016
Vick4rill:
u can drop out now and strt the bussiness why waste money on something u wont use?:/
Drop out? My dad will SURELY disown me.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by rhazur(m): 12:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Thank God J.J Okocha isnt his role model or else.....
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by tommysparks: 12:30am On Feb 07, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Welldone o Odion..I just pray and hope your village people is not at work! cry
that is the entire 2015 budget plus extra 4.6 trillion naira. I need to leave this civil service and start playing football mbok

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 12:34am On Feb 07, 2016
tommysparks:
that is the entire 2015 budget plus extra 4.6 trillion naira. I need to leave this civil service and start playing football mbok

grin

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Wize1: 12:53am On Feb 07, 2016
flyca:
"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."

He sounds very intelligent and purpose-driven.

Yes. He is one of the very few of our players abroad I respect. To be honest I only just started following him this season, watched his interviews, his attitude on the pitch, et al and he seems like a really purposeful , smart, classy and God fearing dude. It's not that easy given the sort of money and lifestyle these guys are exposed to.

In the match against chelsea, I think I caught him on camera saying Amen repeatedly while listening on via his head phones just before the game ( not very sure tho, I hope I read his lips correctly). I really hope he goes far.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by blazer234: 1:42am On Feb 07, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Crying more than the berieved
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by LockDown69(m): 3:13am On Feb 07, 2016
khalifahsparkles:
I didn't read the post but the title got me screaming

"khwhaaaaaaatttt!"

You from KD?
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by megaexpo: 3:41am On Feb 07, 2016
2sexycom:
People are scared bro... scared of what people can/will say and that's why they are not willing to discover their self.

A friend is already frustrated searching for job that is almost non existent.

As for, my plan is to venture into making software and selling them to businesses.... ring ring ring. I know a 23 year old who made $80,000 within 3 days selling software.
are you for real,....
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Holyman3(m): 3:57am On Feb 07, 2016
No Chinese club pays 300k pounds a week to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by henryhemon(m): 4:15am On Feb 07, 2016
vareal:
Chai if I were in ur shoes I will. Wot ur dream wen it doesn't get u money. Any way the choice is urs

So he isn't making money in Epl? Dumb post.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by henryhemon(m): 4:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Wize1:

Yes. He is one of the very few of our players abroad I respect. To be honest I only just started following him this season, watched his interviews, his attitude on the pitch, et al and he seems like a really purposeful , smart, classy and God fearing dude. It's not that easy given the sort of money and lifestyle these guys are exposed to.

In the match against chelsea, I think I caught him on camera saying Amen repeatedly while listening on via his head phones just before the game ( not very sure tho, I hope I read his lips correctly). I really hope he goes far.

Saw it too. He's really into His,his lifestyle says it all. When you are in tune with God you live a happier life,money is good but most times it isn't about plus he's very comfortable now.

2 Likes

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by henryhemon(m): 4:22am On Feb 07, 2016
ednut1:
2018 pray dey come bk for u. Owo ni koko. U no go wan broke like kanu nd babayaro

You don't know what you are saying..kanu broke? Do you people just come out to say whatever? Kanu is the richest Nigerian ex footballers...shut up if you dont know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by BlackOnassis(m): 4:27am On Feb 07, 2016
stanbuggy:
Talking of dream nah cricket u wan go play for China? No be the same futball (your dream).

So u are still playing futball and earning that kind of money!!!

Guy if I swear for u ehhhh! U go leave that useless Watford go hussle beta money for u and your family

#idiot angry

abeg no make water comot for my eye grin grin i no fit laff
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by madjune(m): 5:41am On Feb 07, 2016
He made a good decision.

The Chinese hardly honor their agreement/deals to the end.

Along the line; they will likely come up with reasons why they can't sustain that weekly fee.

Drogba and Anelka have been there.

1 Like

Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by ednut1(m): 6:16am On Feb 07, 2016
henryhemon:

You don't know what you are saying..kanu broke? Do you people just come out to say whatever? Kanu is the richest Nigerian ex footballers...shut up if you dont know what to say.
google kanu amcon. Nd see for ur self. His ex business partner don gamble hin fortune jst lik dey did to yekini too. Before it bcame news he used to go to amcon everyday to try and resolve d issue . Come bk nd apologize later
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by blaqoracle: 6:22am On Feb 07, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Ighalo has has demonstrated the "edo character"
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Softing(m): 6:57am On Feb 07, 2016
4b 680m. For every year... Lots of funds dough.. You gat me thinking..
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Jesu!
If that's what you want to do then you're already 4 or 6 years late.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by eposho: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2016
The guy must dislike sushi.
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by seaga: 8:13am On Feb 07, 2016
khalifahsparkles:
I didn't read the post but the title got me screaming

"khwhaaaaaaatttt!"

Interesting quote
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by mario147(m): 8:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
90M multiply by 52

Lolz
Re: Odion Ighalo Turns Down N90Million Per Week Pay by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2016
White007:
Good man, enough is enough with these players selling their souls, Ramires, Texeira, Ba et al could all have had great top flight careers instead went to a fifth rate league to play for nothing more than money, it's their choice of course but I think selling out as they have was ridiculous.

See idiot.

When you go to premiership, you are not selling your soul, but when you go to China, you are eh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gary Lineker Recalls The Moment He Pooed On Himself On The Pitch / Odion Ighalo Shares Cute Photo Of His Wife Sonia And Their Children / 100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.