Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,635 members, 7,958,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:11 AM

Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram (6769 Views)

Twitter Users Shames Hypocrite Lady Who Was Advising Ladies For The Gram / Meet The Aspiring Plus Size Model Who Isn’t Shy To Strip Naked Off For The Gram / A Handsome Fan Of Phyno On Customized "Connect Wears" On Gram, Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram by mayshark: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
Californium is a radioactive metallic chemical element with symbol Cf. The element was first made in 1950 at the University of California Radiation Laboratory in Berkeley, and it has the second-highest atomic mass of all the elements that have been produced in amounts large enough to see with the unaided eye. It was named after the university and the state of California.

Californium is sold for about $27 million per gram and only about 8 grams of it have been made in the western world since its discovery by Seaborg in 1950.

Arguably the most valuable natural resource on earth is the element californium. In its most common seen form, the isotope californium-252, the half-life is less than three years(about 2.6 years); scientists who wish to use this element have very little time to work with very little californium.

Californium is used in the medical field as a cancer treatment, and it is also great at starting reaction processes for nuclear reactors. This exciting element can as well be used as a neutron source to identify gold and silver ores through a technique known as neutron activation. It is also being used in devices known as neutron moisture gauges that are used to find water and oil bearing layers in oil wells. The californium used in practical applications is manmade, but it does occur naturally in trace amounts.
Source: http://www.morelight.ml/2016/02/is-californium-most-valuable-natural.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram by Cutehector(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Can it b used to kill boko haram?
Re: Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram by johncreek: 2:56am On Dec 29, 2022
They probably own it as it’s in abundant in Borno.
Re: Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram by Faber(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
Thats why fight will not end in Borno
Re: Is Californium The Most Valuable Natural Resource? About $27 Million Per Gram by headbasher96(m): 12:51am On Jan 02, 2023
Hahahaha naija na cruize oo

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Cheated On Me With A Married Man / I Would Be 29 By October And I'm Loosing My Mind / Check Out The Tattoos On This Beautiful Indigenous Brazilian Lady(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.