Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” (1594 Views)

Wizkid: I Want To Have A Girl Child After Fathering Three Boys / Wizkid: I Will Only Marry If All My Girlfriends & Exes Would Marry Me Same Time / Dele Momodu Walks Out Of An Event After Davido Called Him His "Boy" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 7:05am On Feb 07, 2016
Star Boy Entertainment artiste Damilola Afolabi popularly known as L.A.X came onto the music scene with a bang in 2014 when he dropped his hit single Ginger which featured Wizkid.

After that, nothing was heard from the 23-year-old artiste for a while, until last year when he dropped his second single Open and Close.

Now the singer is revealing why he hasn’t collaborated with Wizkid on any song lately.

In an interview with Saturday Beats, the singer stated that though he was still signed to Star Boy, he was working on creating his own brand.

He also said that he already had over 60 songs recorded and started dropping them last year until he realised he was being called ‘Wizkid’s boy’ by fans. ‘

‘When I started dropping my own songs, I realised people began to say things like I am Wizkid’s boy. They were calling me Wizkid’s kid” he stated.

”Wizkid is an amazing artist and everybody knows that, but I am trying to create my own brand so that people will know LAX for who LAX is.

I am not Wizkid’s boy or his kid and that is why we haven’t been working together a lot recently but we have recorded many songs together.”

Last October, the duo appeared to have put aside their differences when Wizkid took to Instagram to publicly support L.A.X on his European tour after side lining him for months.

Source:http://www.042express.com/2016/02/lax-reveals-why-he-refuses-to.html

Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 7:05am On Feb 07, 2016
hmmmm
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 7:12am On Feb 07, 2016
cool
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by yaqq: 7:16am On Feb 07, 2016
okk
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by Mologi(m): 7:22am On Feb 07, 2016
Celebrities and pride are like siamese twins....

They cnt let go of each other
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by Ourown(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2016
It's better to be someone's boy than be nothing.
But, if you believe in your self go for it. God will help you
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2016
Why is he trying to sound Bossy...Wizkid got the Label Man
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2016
lol
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by chumakk: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Eat before you look for water.
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
chumakk:
Eat before you look for water.
lolz
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by theshaderoom: 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
You have to fake it until u make it bro. Wizkid was Banky W's boy before he made it and created his own brand.

All these people be biting the fingers that fed them
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by kay29000(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
hmm
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nellaluv(f): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
f
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by kay29000(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ourown:
It's better to be someone's boy than be nothing.
But, if you believe in your self go for it. God will help you

No, maybe that's your own philosophy to life. But I believe it is better to be your own man, create your own thing, so that you can stand on your own, than for you to be forever in another man's shadow.
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by MoNickk(f): 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
kay29000:

No, maybe that's your own philosophy to life. But I believe it is better to be your own man, create your own thing, so that you can stand on your own, than for you to be forever in another man's shadow.
so true...once told someone he sounded like tuface thinking I was paying a compliment but he got offended n said he's trying to make a name for himself n not walking in tuface shadow. I learnt something that day.

1 Like

Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by kay29000(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
MoNickk:
so true...once told someone he sounded like tuface thinking I was paying a compliment but he got offended n said he's trying to make a name for himself n not walking in tuface shadow. I learnt something that day.

Yea, it is always better to be unique.
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by ThePeacemaker(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
Karma on Wizzy
Re: L.A.X Reveals Why He Refuses To Collaborate With Wizkid: “I Am Not His Boy” by nairagossip1: 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
Karma on Wizzy

lol

(1) (Reply)

Wished I Had Gotten Married And Had Kids At 25!'-ini Edo's Birthday Message / Munachi Abii Ex Beauty Queen Stuns Half NAKEDD In Vacation Pics. / This Tekno Is Just A "Thief", Says Ycee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.