Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

What Has Religion Done For Africa. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Religion Done For Africa. (4123 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Is Caused By Religion / What Exactly Has Religion Done For Humanity / Has Religion Caused More Harm Than Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Religion Done For Africa. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mugabe was only returning land stolen during the Christian crusade of Zimbabwe. I applaud him
Re: What Has Religion Done For Africa. by CoolUsername: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
hockeyoilers:

What's next the Aboriginals in north america were asking for it when the Christian crusaders slaughtered them wholesale?

Uh, did I miss something? Are you relying the right comment? Because I never blamed the victims in anyway.

I'm just saying that it's not right whine about what happened to you a century ago when you're not making any effort to make things better.
Re: What Has Religion Done For Africa. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Spoils of the Zimbabwe Christian crusade.

1 Like

Re: What Has Religion Done For Africa. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
CoolUsername:

When Singapore wanted to get it's act together, it did, and almost overnight too.

It's not any white man's fault that we can't refine our own resources, is it?

Nigeria, for example actually makes some good money in the international market. But most of it is lost too corruption.
Robert Mugabe, the tyrannical leader of Zimbabwe who has probably run the country to the ground still has a lot of suppoters in Africa because he can 'stand up to the whites'. That attitude is not going to improve Africa.

Africans are biggest problem to Africa. And as long as we keep this attitude of blaming everything on white people who have nothing to do with our current state, we won't improve.
I was very specific with my blame. Absolve them the same way. I am interested in how it's not the whiteman fault that you can't refine Nigerian oil on the continent (or why it stopped) please use some company names responsible.

What I love about Mugabe is not just running his mouth. He has delivered something to his people - land. That is the greatest resource any man would need to make their own future. It's for that reason that land was the first thing to go when Africa was taken by colonial governments. You think he would have done it without retaliation from the "global economy?"

What international markets? Companies, names and figures. Nigeria should be making way more. Have you wondered why the mining firms are so ready to engage in underhand deals with corrupt leaders?

Singapore is beautiful. And our countries could do better at will. And even better with our stolen resources.
Re: What Has Religion Done For Africa. by CoolUsername: 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
I was very specific with my blame. Absolve them the same way. I am interested in how it's not the whiteman fault that you can't refine Nigerian oil on the continent (or why it stopped) please use some company names responsible.

What I love about Mugabe is not just running his mouth. He has delivered something to his people - land. That is the greatest resource any man would need to make their own future. It's for that reason that land was the first thing to go when Africa was taken by colonial governments. You think he would have done it without retaliation from the "global economy?"

What international markets? Companies, names and figures. Nigeria should be making way more. Have you wondered why the mining firms are so ready to engage in underhand deals with corrupt leaders?

Singapore is beautiful. And our countries could do better at will. And even better with our stolen resources.

We're all entitled to our opinions, I'll keep trying to move forward and play my small part in creating a better future and you can keep blaming the white man.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GOD: What A Powerful Native Doctor Told Me / Did You Not Know The Bible Clearly States That A Non-virgin Is A Married One? / What Is The New Covenant, And What Is The Old Covenant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.