Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger (7938 Views)

How Can I Become A Successful Blogger? / Tips On Becoming A Successful Blogger / 5 Simple Tips To Become A Successful Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by AkumahTalk(m): 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
Aside the money craze, I think the primary objective for anyone to own or run a blog is to provide valuable information on a particular subject area and make it available to the public. Your blog gives you a voice.

The problem is that a lot of people think it's all about money from day 1. Consequently, they jump into areas they think will give the highest returns in the shortest possible time. So they decide to copy the likes of Linda Ikeji to do news, fashion, gossip etc. They forget that she was into modelling and a little bit of showbiz. She mingled with celebs and this was her industry. It was easy for her to get first hand news and gossips. That's her passion and she has been at it for years now.

As for me, I've always had a passion for IT Strategy development for SMEs and IT career advisory. That's my industry and that's the reason I started my blog. I honestly haven't considered advertising or monetizing but I can confidently tell you that I've got about 4 offers from different companies to carry out projects for them. My problem is that I work full time and so I have to choose what I can do and turn down the rest but they keep coming. You may not believe this but a couple of them are asking me to name my price (they see me as an expert). Please note that my blog is only 5 months old.

I'd like to encourage you guys to focus on your strengths passion and interests when choosing a niche. Strive to establish yourself as an authority in that field. If you've followed the "others" already, you can change your niche to something that is native to you; it's allowed.

I don't mean to brag but I have a Masters degree, I can't be caught copying and pasting. I HAVE A REPUTATION TO PROTECT.

If my subject matter is of interest to you; the link to my blog is on my signature and below.

PS: I got a job offer cos someone read one of my posts on LinkedIn. It came as a surprise to me because it wasn't my best post.

www.techbusiness101.com
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
True. Nice advice
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Mrswagg(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Chidexter:
cool, I hope to own a blog/website someday.

but right now I can write articles for your blog.for a token , under these cliches, Environment, Football, Entertainment( joke and short stories tho.).
I am very much flexible and can adapt easily, I have got a strong passion for football and geography.

Cheers

chidex message me on whatsapp so we can talk business 08064569287
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by ifyan(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
AkumahTalk:
Aside the money craze, I think the primary objective for anyone to own or run a blog is to provide valuable information on a particular subject area and make it available to the public. Your blog gives you a voice.

The problem is that a lot of people think it's all about money from day 1. Consequently, they jump into areas they think will give the highest returns in the shortest possible time. So they decide to copy the likes of Linda Ikeji to do news, fashion, gossip etc. They forget that she was into modelling and a little bit of showbiz. She mingled with celebs and this was her industry. It was easy for her to get first hand news and gossips. That's her passion and she has been at it for years now.

As for me, I've always had a passion for IT Strategy development for SMEs and IT career advisory. That's my industry and that's the reason I started my blog. I honestly haven't considered advertising or monetizing but I can confidently tell you that I've got about 4 offers from different companies to carry out projects for them. My problem is that I work full time and so I have to choose what I can do and turn down the rest but they keep coming. You may not believe this but a couple of them are asking me to name my price (they see me as an expert). Please note that my blog is only 5 months old.

I'd like to encourage you guys to focus on your strengths passion and interests when choosing a niche. Strive to establish yourself as an authority in that field. If you've followed the "others" already, you can change your niche to something that is native to you; it's allowed.

I don't mean to brag but I have a Masters degree, I can't be caught copying and pasting. I HAVE A REPUTATION TO PROTECT.

If my subject matter is of interest to you; the link to my blog is on my signature and below.

PS: I got a job offer cos someone read one of my posts on LinkedIn. It came as a surprise to me because it wasn't my best post.

www.techbusiness101.com

You said the truth.

But my problem is how to get traffic.

I wouldn't lie this current gov. With change of policy plus change of my location is really affecting me.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by ifyan(m): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Jeromejnr:
With hundreds of entertainment blogs out there, why don't Nigerian bloggers do something different. If you really want to stand out.

Besides, Blogging is not for everyone.

True talk. I remember when l started, l was advised to forget my own niche and jump into "ENTERTAINMENT" or focus more on the latter to the formal. Because Nigerians want what will entertain them.

In which l was about doing but along the way someone advised me to stick only to the former.

Though it not easy but BABA GOD DE.

I still do ' copy and paste' l no go lie.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by nze4al(m): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Here is mine www.techmzy.

Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by AkumahTalk(m): 12:27am On Feb 08, 2016
ifyan:

You said the truth.

But my problem is how to get traffic.

I wouldn't lie this current gov. With change of policy plus change of my location is really affecting me.

My brother, apart from the big names, everyone worries and is faced with the challenge of blog traffic. Although I've come to notice that the more content you put up (that is SEO optimized), if you do every other thing right, the higher the probability of increasing your traffic OVER TIME. There's no magic involved. Its definitely not immediate. Try to write more quality stuff, push it on social media, other blogs and ensure that its google searchable. If you can accumulate up to a thousand posts, I can almost assure you that you'll worry less about traffic. Remember, blogging is for the long haul. If you're consistent, you'd watch your traffic grow from month to month.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by erniewhez(m): 5:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Good advice, please am a new blogger. Can you check my blog and advice what I need to do and what I have done well. I want to do more but not sure if am doing it right already. my blogs are: enitanwhesu..com. and enitanwhesu2..com
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2016
cheesy good.

Check my blog tho' http://etechgist.com
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by fineyemi(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2016
Wow!!! Its cool to have passion for.something. I love helping out student on any educational update or advice concerning admission and many more. I did all this here on NL since 2012 b4 setting up www.Guru9ja.com in July 2015. Am hapy blogging, though am still a student but judiciously planning my time has kept me going..
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by fineyemi(m): 7:40am On Feb 08, 2016
AkumahTalk:

My brother, apart from the big names, everyone worries and is faced with the challenge of blog traffic. Although I've come to notice that the more content you put up (that is SEO optimized), if you do every other thing right, the higher the probability of increasing your traffic OVER TIME. There's no magic involved. Its definitely not immediate. Try to write more quality stuff, push it on social media, other blogs and ensure that its google searchable. If you can accumulate up to a thousand posts, I can almost assure you that you'll worry less about traffic. Remember, blogging is for the long haul. If you're consistent, you'd watch your traffic grow from month to month.
Another problem.is 1s u hav d traffic, how do I maintain it. U knw.ttaffic also drops.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by ifyan(m): 2:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
AkumahTalk:

Truth be told l don't write all my pos(like 60% is copy and paste).
I am not really a good writer but l love to spread information.
Re: 10 Top Secrets To Become A Successful Blogger by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2016
For the bloggers

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does This Message From Adsense Means / How Jiji And Olx Make Their Money / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.