Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers (1690 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / Is There An Online Directory Of Nigerian Lawyers Available? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers by beneli(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2009
@Lawyers on this forum

I wonder if you will be kind enough to answer my queries.

I am curious about the fate of offenders in Nigeria who have diminished capacity due to age or mental impairment. Specifically, i am interested in:
1. whether the plea of diminished responsibility is common in the Nigerian legal system and
2. the prospects for medico-legal work/Consultancy in Nigeria

Thanks
Re: Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers by beneli(m): 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2009
I have been reliably informed off-line that there isn't much going on with regards to diminished responsibility and crime in Nigeria, but i couldn't have guessed that it's this silent! Anyways the feedback (or in this case, lack of it) has actually been quite revealing.
Re: Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers by kimmi11: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2012
Criminal lawyer generally appoint by citizen those blame of commit some crime; criminal lawyers are hiring by government for individuals who cannot have enough money to pay lawyers charge. Criminal lawyer could also do personal practice and build a good income.
tampa criminal attorney

(1) (Reply)

Interview Question. Why Do Engineers Study Dy/dx? / Make Your First Million With 3 Months Of FREELANCING / '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.