Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages (1910 Views)

Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun / VIDEO: The Air Strikes That Wounded Shekau, Killed 300 Insurgents / Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 08, 2016
MAKURDI—No fewer than 10 persons were feared dead yesterday, in an outbreak of fresh hostilities between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Tom-Anyiin and Tom-Ataan communities, Mbaya, Tombu in Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State.

This is just as the Council Chairman, Godwin Iorsue, the Divisional Police Officer at Buruku, the Area Commander and other stakeholders in the area, on assessment tour of the communities, were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen who had seized the area and sacked the inhabitants.

Vanguard gathered that the renewed crisis has created a huge refugee situation in the area with over 300 people displaced from the affected communities and scores injured in the bloody clash.

A source from one of the affected communities disclosed that the Fulani invaders stormed the communities late Saturday night, shooting sporadically and burning down houses, huts, food barn, farmland and economic trees.

The source said: “As I speak with you, fighting is still raging in the affected communities. Although I cannot give you a precise figure of the dead, about 10 have been killed, many are missing and many others sustained injures.”

Meanwhile, the Council Chairman, Mr. Godwin Iorsue, who spoke on phone, said that he had invited senior security officers to accompany him in assessing the situation, when they were ambushed and attacked by the herdsmen.

Iorsue said: “It was only God that saved us. They were over 30 and well armed while we had only four armed police officers with us. Our cars were perforated with bullets.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent Moses Yamu, who confirmed the attack on the Council Chairman and his entourage, said no live was lost.

Yamu said: “The people ran away from their communities in fear of a possible attack by Fulani herdsmen, but there were neither killing nor destruction of property in the area.

“I can confirm that the DPO, the Area Commander, the Caretaker Council Chairman and selected stakeholders were attacked by suspected herdsmen when they visited to assess the situation in the area.”

At press time, Vanguard gathered that fighting in the two communities was still raging.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/10-killed-300-homeless-as-fulani-herdsmen-invade-benue-villages/
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Omexonomy: 6:19am On Feb 08, 2016
One thing is certain any fulani rustlers caught will surely go scot free.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by PEPPERified: 6:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Fulani herdsmen; the untouchables.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by 0nyegame(m): 6:21am On Feb 08, 2016
these fulani pple eeh,its like they want to dethrone B.H by all means,what is wrong with them,our leaders should do something fast before these pple finish us.
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:29am On Feb 08, 2016
0nyegame:
these fulani pple eeh,its like they want to dethrone B.H by all means,what is wrong with them,our leaders should do something fast before these pple finish us.

Hmm, I just get confused as to why we can't all tolerate each other and coexist peacefully.
May God heal our land and purge it off all the evils planned against the is great nation.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Pavore9: 6:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Such impunity! angry
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:41am On Feb 08, 2016
I think their name should be changed to fulani Heads men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Goldencollins: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Buhari's fulani herds men dealing with innocent citizens since 1960 but that's non of my business because d same zombies voted the dullard as President so they should suffer the concequences of voting a certificateless dullard as President.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by gozmok1(m): 6:42am On Feb 08, 2016
watch out now no govt official will condemn this inhuman act which way 9ja

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 08, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
I think their name should be changed to fulani Heads men

Lols u not serious.
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Khd95(m): 6:44am On Feb 08, 2016
This is why i love nd respect my town boiz for okene,kogi stategrincheesy

that year when dem fulanis been wan dey kill our farmers any how,raid smaller communities closer to farms,na so some hood boys arrange,carry fight go meet dem fulanis for bush,displace them,scatter their community,etc

they never tried poo aftrward cool

so i implore these communities that usually suffer attacks frm dis marauders to do d same,u cant continue to b civil while some1 else rub shi!t on ur facesad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by eagleeye2: 6:44am On Feb 08, 2016
RIP to the dead.

How many shall be killed before this Fulani President speaks against his brothers?

4 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Lordave: 6:45am On Feb 08, 2016
What did people do wrong to warrant indiscriminate murdering from the brothers of PMD?

PMD is in London attending to his illness while his brothers are busy carrying out a genocidal attack on innocent Nigerian who voted him into plane power.
PMD call your brothers to order!
Just look at, 10 innocent souls wasted in Omenka's village, RIP to the dead!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by skademzy(m): 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
These animals again? They rob on highways, attack people whose properties they first destroy. Then what make them any different from millitants or boko haram? The millitary should pls wipe these craps and free the country of lesser terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by EternalTruths: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
Who did the Benue people vote for.? Buhari or Jonathan

If Buhari, then they should meet him to address the issue. angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
I am ooh, those people tend to go after human head than animals
Kingsolex1:

Lols u not serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by tanteta(m): 6:48am On Feb 08, 2016
It is obvious that we are in for another face of terrorism. We are getting there slowly but surely, buckle up everyone its about to begin.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by exclusive7(m): 6:48am On Feb 08, 2016
bubu will not talk nw or even take action..... Lai Mohammed and Dullardiho would soon blame GEJ

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by EternalTruths: 6:49am On Feb 08, 2016
Goldencollins:
Buhari's fulani herds men dealing with innocent citizens since 1960 but that's non of my business because d same zombies voted the dullard as President so they should suffer the concequences of voting a certificateless dullard as President.

Gbam

Benue people shouted CHANGE.

Let them enjoy the CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by BlackOyinbo: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2016
PMB will not act against the herdsmen because he is one of them.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Lordave: 6:51am On Feb 08, 2016
Khd95:
This is why i love nd respect my town boiz for okene,kogi stategrincheesy

that year when dem fulanis been wan dey kill our farmers any how,raid smaller communities closer to farms,na so some hood boys arrange,carry fight go meet dem fulanis for bush,displace them,scatter their community,etc

they never tried poo aftrward cool

so i implore these communities that usually suffer attacks frm dis marauders to do d same,u cant continue to b civil while some1 else rub shi!t on ur facesad
Although, I'm a peace loving Nigerian but I support what you said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:51am On Feb 08, 2016
EternalTruths:
Who did the Benue people vote for.? Buhari or Jonathan

If Buhari, then they should meet him to address the issue. angry
lols ah oga stop be partisan.
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Onyejiuwaokoh: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2016
Ethnic cleansing is different from herdsmen and farmer clash. This total systematic annihilation of middle belt minority tribes has be going on for more than a decade and they are ironically called herdsmen and farmer clash .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 08, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
I am ooh, those people tend to go after human head than animals

Well, I like Fulani but I fear their mindset though not all are bad but seriously hmm, their heart is as evil as Satan sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by EternalTruths: 6:53am On Feb 08, 2016
Kingsolex1:
lols ah oga stop be partisan.

I am stating fact.

Who did they vote for.?

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by 100Cents: 6:55am On Feb 08, 2016
Fe Buhari Why ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by EternalTruths: 6:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Ethnic cleansing is different from herdsmen and farmer clash. This total systematic annihilation of middle belt minority tribes has be going on for more than a decade and they are ironically called herdsmen and farmer clash .

Yet they voted B................. against the son of the better South. angry
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 08, 2016
EternalTruths:

I am stating fact.

Who did they vote for.?

As a leader with such attitude of urs u lack the prowess to lead cause u resort to an irrational sense of making decisions when you expected to swing into meaningful action.
Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by Lordave: 6:58am On Feb 08, 2016
EternalTruths:

Gbam

Benue people shouted CHANGE.

Let them enjoy the CHANGE.
This is not about APC or PDP, this is pure terrorism in disguise and everyone of us should condemn the act outrightly!

Saying Benue people shouted change will only encourage this barbaric brothers of PMD to carry on with their wickedness and when they're done killing Benue people who shouted 'change', they will come for those who shouted 'GEJ till 2019' in neighbouring states of Enugu and Anambra.

Please eschew partisanship in issues like this.

For the meantime, my condolences to the Benue community on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, 300 Homeless As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Benue Villages by EternalTruths: 7:01am On Feb 08, 2016
Lordave:
This is not about APC or PDP, this is pure terrorism in disguise and everyone of us should condemn the act outrightly!

Saying Benue people shouted change will only encourage this barbaric brother of PMD to carry on with their wickedness and when they're done killing Benue people who shouted 'change', they will come for those who shouted 'GEJ till 2019' in neighbouring states of Enugu and Anambra.

Please eschew partisanship in issues like this.

They thought Jonathan is weak despite his deployment of troops to protect them

Now they are complaining.

Let those who shouted CHANGE visit Buhari for their CHANGE

Kingsolex1:

As a leader with such attitude of urs u lack the prowess to lead cause u resort to an irrational sense of making decisions when you expected to swing into meaningful action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Bows To Pressure To Relaunch Back GEJ Youwin but Under a new name BIG / PHOTOS: Chief Of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai Visits Troops In The North East / Arthur Eze "Spraying" Stacks Of Cash At A Wedding Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.