Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion (1781 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That / Olagorioye Faleyimu: "TB Joshua’s Death Is Near, Buhari Will Rule For 8 Years" / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by jidxin(m): 10:51am On Feb 08, 2016
Last week in ‘trending’ we brough you the response of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Christ Embassy Church on the decision to abort a pragnancy after being raped. He had said “No child should be brought into the world by force…” and that the lady could make the decision to keep the pregnancy or not. Pastor T.B Joshua of the Synagogue Church of All Nations clearly disagrees.

The question now is whom to agree with. Is it Pastor Chris or TB Joshua?

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Sabadon(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2016
hmmmm d situation is critical thought.... biblically it wud nt b right to abort (dat is take life in whatever form)

logically u think about d psychological trauma n d long run effect of fathering a basterd

well wat can I say, religious folks will go for d former, freethinkers will go for d later

whatever u choose, d choice is urs to make,as for my advice, follow ur heart cos u knw Wats best for u.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Wetin TB Joshua dey say self? I don't even understand. Abortion after getting raped is DOUBLE sin? Is getting raped a sin?

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by asadike(f): 11:46am On Feb 08, 2016
I am with TB Joshua on dis. If u were raped, see your doc and take precautionary measures immediately
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by johnydon22(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2016
[b]I think this is a very delicate situation, One many of us here can never fully comprehend since we have not really been in such situation before..

Every human on this planet spent at least 1hour as a single cell immediately after fertilization and afterwards division of cells produces a zygote with almost every feature outlined in the alignment of cells.

I think what i am trying to say is i also hold the opinion that a Child in the womb is very much alive and human as any of us.

So only in the case of life threat to the mother, deformed Child i do not support aborting a baby because i find anything detrimental to survival to be bad, so abortion to me is detrimental to the Child's survival.

In my own Opinion the Child not only belongs to the Rapist but to the mother in fact more so to the mother it takes more than donating sperm to own a child.

For the sake of that i would be on the position that such a Child be given a chance at life..

But all in all it depends on the situation of the Mother of such child, only her wears the shoe and knows exactly how it is..
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]I think this is a very delicate situation, One many of us here can never fully comprehend since we have not really been in such situation before..

Every human on this planet spent at least 1hour as a single cell immediately after fertilization and afterwards division of cells produces a zygote with almost every feature outlined in the alignment of cells.

I think what i am trying to say is i also hold the opinion that a Child in the womb is very much alive and human as any of us.

So only in the case of life threat, deformed Child i do not support aborting a baby because i find anything detrimental to survival to be bad, so abortion to me is detrimental to the Child's survival.

In my own Opinion the Child not only belongs to the Rapist but to the mother in fact more so to the mother it takes more than donating sperm to own a child.

For the sake of that i would be on the position that such a Child be given a chance at life..

But all in all it depends on the situation of the Mother of such child, only her wears the shoe and knows exactly how it is..
[/b]
I'm pleased with what you wrote. How deep are those words. I do not 100% agree, but in order not to reduce the beauty, I quoted all. One more Proof that morality and religion are not synonymous.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by bqlekan(m): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmm... This is critical..
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Weah96: 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
There are too many humans, period. And the only thing we're doing is fukkin. I say we begin to eliminate humans, reduce the number back to 5 or 6 billion. At the current rate of fukkin, drinking water becomes a SERIOUS problem in 30 years.

Now to the topic, rape babies should not be tolerated, unless the mother wants to keep the creature. In other words, the decision is up to the person carrying the fetus.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by johnydon22(m): 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Weah96:
There are too many humans, period. And the only thing we're doing is fukkin. I say we begin to eliminate humans, reduce the number back to 5 or 6 billion. At the current rate of fukkin, drinking water becomes a SERIOUS problem in 30 years.
So will you like to be part of these humans that needs to be eliminated?

Following this your line of thought wouldn't it then be concluded ISIS and BOKO HARAM are doing mankind a lot of good trying to help reduce mankind's population?

That is barbaric and wicked !!! and a disturbing egocentric thought to accommodate

As a matter of fact: there are no too much people, the resources on earth are far greater than any amount of human alive and earth can harbour comfortably even a population of 25billion. The only problem is that these resources don't go around equally cus there are a few elites that hoards these resources to themselves as theirs only.

Now to the topic, rape babies should not be tolerated, unless the mother wants to keep the creature. In other words, the decision is up to the person carrying the fetus.
Should not be tolerated? I say they should because the "Child" is not guilty of a crime but rather a victim of the unfortunate circumstance alongside it's mother..
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 1:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
asadike:
I am with TB Joshua on dis. If u were raped, see your doc and take precautionary measures immediately

This is definitely not a viable options for the have-nots, those living in rural areas, and adolescent victims.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
LoJ:

I'm pleased with what you wrote. How deep are those words. I do not 100% agree, but in order not to reduce the beauty, I quoted all. One more Proof that morality and religion are not synonymous.

Cheers

Not to be that guy who always looks at things scientifically, but anatomically speaking, foetus doesn't have the brain functions to feel any pain before 5 months of pregnancy. That is also the time the foetus develops cognitive abilities similar to newborn baby. In other words, that is around the time that if the baby is born prematurely, s/he can still be saved and still have all faculties develop properly.

So my view is, if for any reason an abortion is required, let it be before 5 months of pregnancy so that the process can be painless for the foetus.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Weah96:

You're on to something there, overpopulation IS a problem. But your presentation was a tad too insensitive.

A 'rape baby' is still a baby, you need to understand that. And I agree with you the victim shouldn't need to keep the child.

But our world will never be ideal, because as humans we are limited.
For instance, a rape is reported, the alleged perp hasn't the right to a fair hearing, isn't it? The case makes it to court like 2 months into the pregnancy, this case can drag for a year or so. Let's assume that the victim doesn't want to keep the baby.

Now the baby has been born, and the perp is guilty, what next? Nothing can be done. If the perp is innocent, then the child is probably stuck with a mother who never wanted him/her, and consider that the mum is scummy enough to lie about being raped.

That's one of the reasons I think abortions should be legalized.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

Hey Whazz up bro? How u doing? Thank you for your post. It is edifying.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
LoJ:

Hey Whazz up bro? How u doing? Thank you for your post. It is edifying.

Why, thank you. I just wanted to put some things into perspective regarding this matter.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Weah96: 2:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

You're on to something there, overpopulation IS a problem. But your presentation was a tad too insensitive.

A 'rape baby' is still a baby, you need to understand that. And I agree with you the victim shouldn't need to keep the child.

But our world will never be ideal, because as humans we are limited.
For instance, a rape is reported, the alleged perp hasn't the right to a fair hearing, isn't it? The case makes it to court like 2 months into the pregnancy, this case can drag for a year or so. Let's assume that the victim doesn't want to keep the baby.

Now the baby has been born, and the perp is guilty, what next? Nothing can be done. If the perp is innocent, then the child is probably stuck with a mother who never wanted him/her, and consider that the mum is scummy enough to lie about being raped.

That's one of the reasons I think abortions should be legalized.

I wasn't talking about a postpartum baby, but a fetus formed in situ sometime after a rape has occurred. The mother should have the right to terminate the life of the creature regardless of the potential outcome of a court trial.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Weah96:

I wasn't talking about a postpartum baby, but a fetus formed in situ sometime after a rape has occurred. The mother should have the right to terminate the life of the creature regardless of the potential outcome of a court trial.

So you're basically agreeing with me that abortion should be legalized?
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

Why, thank you. I just wanted to put some things into perspective regarding this matter.

Yeah that's great. Why your why? Didn't understand.

Do you happen to be an IT developer/programmer by any chance? Perhaps Johnydon22 is?
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Weah96: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
johnydon22:
So will you like to be part of these humans that needs to be eliminated?

Following this your line of thought wouldn't it then be concluded ISIS and BOKO HARAM are doing mankind a lot of good trying to help reduce mankind's population?

That is barbaric and wicked !!! and a disturbing egocentric thought to accommodate

As a matter of fact: there are no too much people, the resources on earth are far greater than any amount of human alive and earth can harbour comfortably even a population of 25billion. The only problem is that these resources don't go around equally cus there are a few elites that hoards these resources to themselves as theirs only.

Should not be tolerated? I say they should because the "Child" is not guilty of a crime but rather a victim of the unfortunate circumstance alongside it's mother..

Of course, I've entertained the possibility that I could be selected as a candidate for permanent expulsion. As long as the metric for determining candidates remains impartial, I wouldn't care. I'm on a collision course with the same fate anyway, either as an old man or a young guy.
BTW, if we continue to have sex at this level, and allow it it to dominate every aspect of our culture, the world population will double 3X over the next 100 years. It doubled twice in the 20th century.

Regarding the baby, it is my opinion that the decision should rest with the mother. But we should keep an eye on little Damien if she does decide not to do the right thing and abort it. Hahaha.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Weah96: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

So you're basically agreeing with me that abortion should be legalized?

Of course.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by jidxin(m): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

Not to be that guy who always looks at things scientifically, but anatomically speaking, foetus doesn't have the brain functions to feel any pain before 5 months of pregnancy. That is also the time the foetus develops cognitive abilities similar to newborn baby. In other words, that is around the time that if the baby is born prematurely, s/he can still be saved and still have all faculties develop properly.

So my view is, if for any reason an abortion is required, let it be before 5 months of pregnancy so that the process can be painless for the foetus.

Speculations my friend speculations science is all about speculations nd guess work now tell me how would u know if d child feels pains or not do they ve any recounted or accounted evidence from d zygote it's just like saying if euthenasia is really psinless or not ....im concluding on d fact dat life is life no matter wat stage it is....a child zygote or wateva has d rite to live under d natural sch of tot
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Amberon: 6:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
TB Joshua is right and Pastor Chris is wrong. Abortion is murder. whether you like it or not. In the U.S.A killing a pregnant woman is seen as two-count-murder: whether she was just a week pregnant or 9 months pregnant.

To the general public or non Christians, it may be just a random thing but it is one of the worst sins any human could commit. Abortion is murder and you will account for it someday if you don't repent.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 7:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
jidxin:

Speculations my friend speculations science is all about speculations nd guess work now tell me how would u know if d child feels pains or not do they ve any recounted or accounted evidence from d zygote it's just like saying if euthenasia is really psinless or not ....im concluding on d fact dat life is life no matter wat stage it is....a child zygote or wateva has d rite to live under d natural sch of tot

Uh, can we really say that these are just speculations? Connections between the pain receptors and the cortex form at around the 23rd week of gestation.
Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by CoolUsername: 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
LoJ:

Yeah that's great. Why your why? Didn't understand.

Do you happen to be an IT developer/programmer by any chance? Perhaps Johnydon22 is?

There was no reason for the why, it was just an attempt at fake modesty.

Anyway, I'm not an IT developer but I'm not sure about the other guy, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Agree With? TB Joshua Or Oyakhilome On Abortion by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2016
CoolUsername:

There was no reason for the why, it was just an attempt at fake modesty.

Anyway, I'm not an IT developer but I'm not sure about the other guy, sorry.
ohh I now understand tongue

Good day to you.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Muslims, Please How Did The Al Quran Came To Be? / Repentance And Confession Of Sin Is Never Necessary- Joseph Prince. Is He Right? / Why 98% Of Isrealis Do Not Believe Jesus Is The Savior - (video Interview)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.