Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme (16488 Views)

Pupils Being Fed On Pieces Of Paper In Kano - #School Feeding Programme (Video) / School Feeding Program In Niger State: See What Pupils Were Fed / What El-rufai’s School Feeding Programme Is Causing In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by tolexy007(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
cheesy wink
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by blackboy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Very good. More jobs
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by mamaafrik(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Biscuit,wat the heff happened to breadii iya wasila and ewagayin iya sunday.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by matrixme(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
So you actually mean to say the ambitious school meal program promised by the present administration is to be some designer biscuits?
Well, let's hope it is just the appetizer, or at least biscuits with salad, akamu, akara, Egusi soup etc combo.

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by stevedre: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Salaries should be promptly paid to parents working, create jobs for the parents who dont have job and finally invest in Agriculture then see if the kids will be hungry. Better to give them free books,benchs n desk than biscuits or chocolates. My people correct me if im wromg but with out insults. Thanks.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by ceejay80: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
So the free food they promised na biscuit? Tell me if eating biscuit from Monday to Friday won't make the pupils malnourished.
We don enter one chance.
My friend be quiet.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by ceejay80: 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Atlantian:
Buscuit ? Is Buscuit food ? What kind of nonsense is this ? Did we tell these useless dullardhino that we can not afford Buscuit for our children ?
Guy , u can't afford biscuit for ur child so no make noise, as we all know ,all kids na long throat, they will cherish the biscuit more than food,
Buy lollypop for any kid wey no like u, he or she go automatically be ur best friend

3 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by rocoh(m): 12:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thank you for patronising NASCO, a very good development
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Saladin25(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
nice job. they said the biscuit would be one-third of one of the feeds of the children. Some idiots still abuse the govt for fulfilling its promise of feeding primary school students.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by TimeManager(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wailers sef, o ya come& wail joor. Carry your wailing bowl.
The truth has spoken!
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
God bless Mr. President.... I love this man
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by kayo80(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
ionsman:
Heart attack causing news.

I swear to God. lol! On a Monday morning again. Bad week for the wailers.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Burger01(m): 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Wailers wont like this, and some will still complain and wail smiley
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Cation(m): 1:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
So the free food they promised na biscuit? Tell me if eating biscuit from Monday to Friday won't make the pupils malnourished.
We don enter one chance.
dont u understand what high density nutrient biscuit mean,the biscuits will be fortified and how wuld that lead to malnutrition? maybe its because u are nt a foodscientist u dont know.

2 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Adminisher: 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
oshyno:
Soo if pikin chop Nasco bicuit you guyz will check his box that he has eaten food. Chai uwa mmebi. Minister Na biscuit ur shildren they chop for school. Swear say if I open their lunch pack na Nasco biscuit I go see. This govt is a mirrage in promise fufilment.it is well.

This is just one component of the food . Why is this country so blessed with big mouths and small brains?. They have not even done the main food and the fluids. Why not shut up and wait? . Afterall Jonathan was cluelessly counting jets and calling it an index that the economy was good. Buhari is re-building the school system and a middle class for the north. Please shut up and look, your turn has passed.

4 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by HomeOfMe(f): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Do we still have Nasco biscuit,because the last time I tasted it was in the early 90s in my jss
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
We don enter one chance.

If you read it said "the high nutrient density biscuits were one of the products of Federal Institute of Industrial Research Oshodi (FIIRO), Lagos, which would meet at least one- third recommended dietary allowance of Pupils."

it's a means of delivery of important nutrients to school children, no one expects that biscuits are all they will eat. Most developed countries have a school feeding programme specifically for this reason, to ensure their children get the right developmental nutrients. If a child does not get the right nuitrients, their brains dont develop properly, they dont learn properly and they may grow up to post unintelligent comments on Nairaland.

This is a win-win and the kind of programmes government should support, it helps our children and hence our future, it helps local industries (unlike a previous government that mandated dustbins that were imported) and it helps our scientists by putting the results of their research into practical use.

5 Likes

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Cation(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
ceejay80:

Guy , u can't afford biscuit for ur child so no make noise, as we all know ,all kids na long throat, they will cherish the biscuit more than food,
Buy lollypop for any kid wey no like u, he or she go automatically be ur best friend
dont mind this oga that doesnt know the definition of food.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Cation(m): 1:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
stevedre:
Salaries should be promptly paid to parents working, create jobs for the parents who dont have job and finally invest in Agriculture then see if the kids will be hungry. Better to give them free books,benchs n desk than biscuits or chocolates. My people correct me if im wromg but with out insults. Thanks.
its not all about eating but eatright the essential nutrients required by d body,the rich consume alot and yet they suffer malnutrition,thats y the govt is trying to provide these nutrients 4 children through what they consume always.

1 Like

Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Ahmed3rdjuly: 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
oshyno:
Soo if pikin chop Nasco bicuit you guyz will check his box that he has eaten food. Chai uwa mmebi. Minister Na biscuit ur shildren they chop for school. Swear say if I open their lunch pack na Nasco biscuit I go see. This govt is a mirrage in promise fufilment.it is well.

If one company make biscuit and another egg and another noddles and another milk another bottle water, no be balance diet be that? Abi dem tell u say na only NASCO dem wan engage for the whole feeding scheme?
Guy go and contribute your own.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by SmartMugu: 1:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
ceejay80:

My friend be quiet.
Did I scratch your brain?
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
We don enter one chance.
hater
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by mrDennis(m): 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
I haven't seen where only 'FOOD' like rice and beans is given to kids , this should be the first of many other MOU's regarding the school feeding program .

And yes BISCUITS. Is one of the best loved snacks /food by kids so why are the wailers getting hypertensive?

Even the man in otuoke must be clapping for this initiative instead of the usual "PAY WORKER SALARIES". So money will circulate .

This is recycling money within our system ... Good job fG. , now we await implementation.

Besides another plus would be children actually going to school ( and not hawking)
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by gretblue: 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
stexsy:
Is biscuit food? I thought they said they ll be feeding them with 'food'........

Jokers
Which one did your Hero offer while in office for close to 6yrs? I guess corruption all through.Children of hate.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by tiwiex(m): 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Acidosis:
ahahahah

We really have many zombies in this country. If Buhari promises to package gutter poo for these children, some Nairalanders would actually hail the Baba.

Why is APC so inconsistent and untruthful?

These people campaigned with high quality photos showcasing food packages on social media, not biscuits.

How can you award the contract to a company in Jos without any prior bidding? Is NASCO the only indigenous company in Nigeria? We have many in Ilorin, Anambra, Lagos, etc., so whats the parameter used in awarding the contract?

Very sensible comment. Where is due process in this?
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by GreatEngineer(m): 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Half bread is better than none, they can still mix it as in different varieties on daily basis.
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by gsalvatore: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
Is NASCO the only Indigenous company making biscuit? OK Foods and co nko?

They should spread the gravy so that other smaller companies can contribute and also create jobs...

Fvcking Monopoly...
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hydy:
A good development, even better would be growing the economy and empowering parents, that way we won't have to feed children in schools.
even children are fed till high school in the US and in most other developed countries
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by hero2000: 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
Even if pupils must eat biscuit by force by fire, why only NASCO? Soon we will hear about cases of kwashiokor from pupils eating the same biscuit everyday.
How was NASCO selected? Were the other indigenous companies given an opportunity to place a bid?

We don enter one chance.

Must you comment without reading? Habaa!
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by wristbangle: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing action grin

Finally................where is lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

grin

The monkey pix is so funny
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by abu12: 2:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
NDPVF:
[s][/s] NONSENSE!. Did the contract pass through BPP Act?. Was it advertised for other local beverage and confectionary industries in Nigeria to bid for,or was it outrightly awarded to NASCO,because it's owned by a northerner?

Hahahaha enjoy nasco biscuit my broda, don't b angry. Ur children @ onitsha will enjoy it
Re: FG Signs Mou With NASCO Foods On National School Feeding Programme by Ajalekoko76(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Is dis what APC promised? Nasco Biscuit! This is scam! I doubt if dis government will deliver on its promises. Chibok girls =yet to be rescued,#5,000 stipends for unemployed = excuse upon excuse,waiting for NASS Approval,free launch meal for pupils = Don become Nasco biscuits,no bidding unilaterally picked NAsco,hmmmmmmm,naija. Billions of naira will enter voice mail soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Studying Human Kinetics / Updates From JAMB CAPS Intensive Training and Sensitization Forum / How UI Sacked Adenike Ogunshe Over ‘refusal To Vacate Office’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.