Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable (34253 Views)

Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False – TheCable / Remi Tinubu ‘Takes Over’ Ekweremadu’s Seat - TheCable / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by oluwasegun007(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
really.....o ya go enta adeosun seat...
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Iko5000: 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Believe it Brother . Sanusi welcome to the wailers association cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy .
tomtween:
I can't believe it!!
Sanusi too?
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by yemmight(m): 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Everybody just dey talk. Its like people don dey forget Sanusi so e ku ma come out. Before Buhari's Forex polava palava, corruption don eat up naija, the old man is just trying to block all the avenue for corruption. At least we had younger President who suppose to create better future for us and he failed. Someone from Ekiti was saying Baba is too old to rule us. He is doing it and delivering. He has done a lot o but this last week Baba don attain over 5,000 mega watts we never got in the past. Thats a lot for this old man. For the first time since I am matured, I have enjoyed 3 weeks constant light in recent time. However, the young man from Ekiti who wants Baba die has never role a stone.

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Lordave: 5:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
krendo:

is that D for Dull.a.r.d?
Dunno, but it's like my browser can't replace the D with B. angry
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Ijaya123: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
DonXavi:
Give Sanisi a wailer's form to fill, I have payed for the form on his behalf.

The number of wailers are swelling by the day.. grin grin grin who's next?

Is that the only thing you can pick from the news?

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Bom4Real: 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Emir u Sold out all Our USD in THE Name of defending THE Naira and u Now Want Emefile TO Crash Naira,i Support Buhari On This Abeg
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by onatisi(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
mployer:

This Guy says the truth without fear. Emefiele Is a puppet.
Emefiele isn't the problem here. The cbn governor cannot unilaterally devalue the currency and buhari has said he will not devalue it .so the cbn gov is just doing all he can do to rectify a situation which he can't help. There is no economic policy or frame work on ground. The president has spent over 2months out of the 8 months he has been in power outside Nigeria touring all over. The finance minister is a rookie ,and even if she has any wonderful ideas ,she possibly is scared of saying or carrying them out in other not to be seen as been disloyal or too forward. Look at all the ministers non of them is performing,amaechi goes to the airport every morning to take pictures as if that is where is office is. There is something terribly wrong with this government and it seems no body wants to ho beyond a particular boundary or line

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by fiercehillz(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Et tu Sanusi...
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by SylarsMcQuins: 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2016
Now they will call Sanusi a wailer

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Lordave: 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Jowonloju:
This guy no go shut-up, part of the reasons you are still talking is the fact that GEJ was so afraid to make you pay for messing up the banking system and donating Govt. Money without approval.
The Pill you refused, you now want PMB to swallow.... SMH
You can encourage PMD into opening SanusiGate and let's see how that pans out for Buhari and his government.

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by abbey621(m): 5:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
If anyone should talk about economic policies and the decline of the Naira it shouldn't be Sanusi. He still remains one of the worst economic policy makers in the history of Nigeria. I can't believe he's talking about devaluing the Naira. In the developed nations when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Oil is our major export and with the price of oil so low there are more supplies than demand. Can someone tell me how devaluation at this crucial stage will yield any positive effect for Nigeria? Unless we anticipate rise in oil prices and Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia decreasing oil production

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by gemtlesoul123: 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Don't expect miracle change, what we are going thought today shall come to pass, HAVE A LITTLE PATIENCE

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
Kenai:

E get 14 leftover Wailer forms wey I hide for under my mattress, but abeg, I no wan make anybody touch them until I get back, because I'm reserving them for Bola Tinubu and his goons.
that is corruption, who gave u the permi to his the form?
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by cjudy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sanusi! Sanusi!! Sanusi!!! how many times i call you? we dont need you in our club oooo

Proudly Wailing Wailers shocked cool

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by dessey(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
DonXavi:

I will pay for baba iyabo too, if the form much I will pay for all apc decampees. grin grin including oju yobor, tinu if u put bu na u sabi.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Nicur: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
ZOMBIES Oya work don set!! come and defend! this IPOD Emir sef grin Buhari can't be wrong now!??
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Iko5000:
Believe it Brother . Sanusi welcome to the wailers association cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy .
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Obj and sanusi Don dey wail oo.isoorite
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by eseoghene144: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Soo Buhari should devalue the currency to 300 then petrol that is imported goes up and everything else worsening the already difficult situation.Abeg he should leave it like this
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by vigasimple(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
onatisi:

Emefiele isn't the problem here. The cbn governor cannot unilaterally devalue the currency and buhari has said he will not devalue it .so the cbn gov is just doing all he can do to rectify a situation which he can't help. There is no economic policy or frame work on ground. The president has spent over 2months out of the 8 months he has been in power outside Nigeria touring all over. The finance minister is a rookie ,and even if she has any wonderful ideas ,she possibly is scared of saying or carrying them out in other not to be seen as been disloyal or too forward. Look at all the ministers non of them is performing,amaechi goes to the airport every morning to take pictures as if that is where is office is. There is something terribly wrong with this government and it seems no body wants to ho beyond a particular boundary or line

The change zombies don't know that Buhari is at minimum, an economic illiterate. But I think , he is also lack the capacity to lead in the 21st century. When it comes to cow business, trust a Fulani man. Unfortunately, we are in a country where born to rule Fulani man is the order of the day.

GEJ is not a bad leader but he was afraid to die because the North want their power back otherwise the country can go into flames , they don't care.

If the country was to be in flames, few thousand almajiris will die and few hundreds in the south but would they care?

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by adeomolisabi: 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
abbey621:
If anyone should talk about economic policies and the decline of the Naira it shouldn't be Sanusi. He still remains one of the worst economic policy makers in the history of Nigeria. I can't believe he's talking about devaluing the Naira. In the developed nations when currencies are devalued, it is to encourage exports, because the prices of local products serve as an incentive and a toast for foreign buyers. In the process, they earn foreign exchange, increase production and create additional jobs. Unfortunately, that is not the position with Nigeria. Oil is our major export and with the price of oil so low there are more supplies than demand. Can someone tell me how devaluation at this crucial stage will yield any positive effect for Nigeria? Unless we anticipate rise in oil prices and Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia decreasing oil production

One problem with the argument that devaluing isn't worthwhile because we export so little is that it exchanges cause and effect; it is precisely because of the historical over-valuation of the Naira that our non-oil exports have collapsed over the decades, and our domestic industries have been hollowed out. Look up "Dutch disease" for a more in-depth explanation of how this happens.

In any case, the effect or lack of effect of the Naira's value on exports still doesn't invalidate Sanusi's argument: that Buhari's currency policy is itself a major source of corruption. The gap between the official and black market rate is so large that anyone who can buy Dollars at the official price would make a greater return, with a lot less effort and risk, by simply reselling the dollars, rather than by actually producing anything.

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by emeeco(m): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2016
harmless011:
The problem is buhari does not listen to advice, he believe that every other Nigerian is corrupt except himself.
Sanusi might be wrong, he failed to tell us why it won't work.
His opinion at best is based on business sentiment not logic.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by onatisi(m): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
vigasimple:

The change zombies don't know that Buhari is at minimum, an economic illiterate. But I think , he is also lack the capacity to lead in the 21st century. When it comes to cow business, trust a Fulani man. Unfortunately, we are in a country where born to rule Fulani man is the order of the day.

GEJ is not a bad leader but he was afraid to die because the North want their power back otherwise the country can go into flames , they don't care.

If the country was to be in flames, few thousand almajiris will die and few hundreds in the south but would they care?

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by anytexy: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Praise thy Lord! Even Sanusi is now a Wailer. Waiting for Jagaban to denounce Zimbies Associates. We must move this country forward whether Zombies like it or not.
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by grandstar(m): 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
DonXavi:

You are just told 2-2 equals zero and you are unhappy about the truth!
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by anytexy: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
ellacute45:
Jagaban will soon join. Hahahahahahah
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by anytexy: 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
ellacute45:
Even Jagaban will soon join. Hahahahahahah. Up WWAN!
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by GodpunishBuhari: 6:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Erry1 is wailing now
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Karinna(f): 6:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
#Nigeriaiscorrupt
Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by cococandy(f): 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
onatisi:

Emefiele isn't the problem here. The cbn governor cannot unilaterally devalue the currency and buhari has said he will not devalue it .so the cbn gov is just doing all he can do to rectify a situation which he can't help. There is no economic policy or frame work on ground. The president has spent over 2months out of the 8 months he has been in power outside Nigeria touring all over. The finance minister is a rookie ,and even if she has any wonderful ideas ,she possibly is scared of saying or carrying them out in other not to be seen as been disloyal or too forward. Look at all the ministers non of them is performing, amaechi goes to the airport every morning to take pictures as if that is where is office is. There is something terribly wrong with this government and it seems no body wants to ho beyond a particular boundary or line

Re: Sanusi: Buhari’s FX Policy Encourages Corruption-thecable by Sanchase: 6:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sanusi you are an idiot Shut up and sit down. During your time as CBN governor which you didn't deserve, you only managed to make things worse by laying off Bankers causing job losses idiot.

Now, you are asking for devaluation of naira due to activities of black marketers, what an idiot. Do you have sense at all, the problem is that Nigeria don't utilise good economists in short, medium and long term decisions.

Devaluation should never happen rather the fed govt need to exercise very strict control on forex and sell directly.

President Buhari Wears Isiagu (Igbo Attire) In Ebonyi / Man Drinks Dirty Water To Celebrate Yahaya Bello's Victory(photos) / Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta